VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147874)

TopazR 05-14-2008 06:23 AM

ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help!

Are you familiar with our Disneys Online Worlds Wiki? Well it needs your help!

Right now there is a big push to get all the in game pictures possible.

Please check out the following links and see if maybe you have some of these items to help out.

If you have these items post them to their threads or here.

If you have any questions you can post here or send a PM to UpInTheAir who is coordinating all these projects.

Feel free to PM her regarding other useful images you may have or ideas for projects
that might benefit the wiki as well.

================================================== ========

If you're unsure on how to take pictures check out this link:
Screenshot Taking/Posting - A Layperson's Guide
Approved Hosting Sites

================================================== ========

NEW! HELP! New VMK Item images and information for the Wiki!

HELP! Costume Images Needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Make some Magic for the Wiki!

HELP! Clothing images needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Take a Seat for the Wiki!

HELP! Hats on for the Wiki!

HELP! Item Rotation images needed for the wiki!

HELP! Current INVENTORY images needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Magic Pins Lasting and Recharge times needed for the wiki!

HELP! Images of Stacked "Stackables" Needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Gingerbread Winners or Friends of Gingerbread Winners!

HELP! Animations needed for the Wiki!

prinsess_chloe 05-14-2008 07:31 AM

i could help maybe:) letmee no what you want to do

pinprophet 05-14-2008 10:26 PM

why do ya'll want to document vmk's existance so detailed?
so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?
so we can miss it again?
so others can see and wish they had been able to play it?

really i dont understand why...

AstroAcer 05-14-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinprophet (Post 2010604)
so we can miss it again?

You nailed it when you said "so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?".

pinprophet 05-14-2008 10:32 PM

i meant,
so we can go back and remember the amazing things we'll never be able to experiance ever again?

GoodPolarGirl 05-14-2008 10:36 PM

Thanks for the merging! This really helps! Since I can't take pics, I figured I would do my part by doing lasting/recharge times for Test Track Car magic. I hope the information I put in the magic thread was helpful!

~Polar

AstroAcer 05-14-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinprophet (Post 2010609)
i meant,
so we can go back and remember the amazing things we'll never be able to experiance ever again?

There is nothing wrong with remembering things that are gone. It is actually a good thing to remember.

And now back on topic...

This is a great idea; I'd help but I'm sure that by the time I'll have the picture of something somebody else will have posted it!

TopazR 05-14-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prinsess_chloe (Post 2010375)
i could help maybe:) letmee no what you want to do

Fantastic! Check any of the links in the first post. Each has details on exactly what is being looked for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinprophet (Post 2010604)
so we can miss it again?

Just like anything pictures and further documentation adds to the overall memories. Think of vacations or holidays or other picture taking opportunities. You can't ever physically go back to that day, but your pictures and other memorabilia only enhance your memories. In this sense this wiki documentation is simply that - something to help enhance our memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2010612)
Thanks for the merging! This really helps! Since I can't take pics, I figured I would do my part by doing lasting/recharge times for Test Track Car magic. I hope the information I put in the magic thread was helpful!

~Polar

All help and contributions are very welcome at this stage. Check the first post for a link to a thread on taking screenshots. You know what they say about learning something new every day! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroAcer (Post 2010614)
There is nothing wrong with remembering things that are gone. It is actually a good thing to remember.

And now back on topic...

This is a great idea; I'd help but I'm sure that by the time I'll have the picture of something somebody else will have posted it!

Like I said above all contributions are more than welcome! Browse through the threads linked. They're kept as up to date as possible on the first posts. If you're still unsure check the responses to see what has been posted. Again if you have any questions you can PM or post to this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Tokrok 05-15-2008 11:58 PM

Shouldn't we make a list of all of the sounds in VMK? Like in the rooms, magics, etc.

TopazR 05-16-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmkTokrok (Post 2011398)
Shouldn't we make a list of all of the sounds in VMK? Like in the rooms, magics, etc.

My understanding is that right now the wiki doesn't support sound files. However if you have a way to list and collect sounds that would be great. I think there are a few other people who are trying to get the sounds too. One thing you could start with is to go through and make a list of everything that make a list of everything that makes a sound of some sort (especially items) so that they can be noted on the wiki even if they cannot add sound files yet. At this point the more information gathered the better. Then at some future point if there is a way to add the sound files to the wiki they'd already have them.

ccooldudecool 05-16-2008 12:42 AM

Would any part of the site need a writer? And also it won't let me register -_-

Tokrok 05-16-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopazR (Post 2011451)
My understanding is that right now the wiki doesn't support sound files. However if you have a way to list and collect sounds that would be great. I think there are a few other people who are trying to get the sounds too. One thing you could start with is to go through and make a list of everything that makes a sound of some sort. At this point the more information gathered the better. Then at some future point if there is a way to add the sound files to the wiki they'd already have them.

Ok, I'll try to work on it sometime this weekend if I have time, just in case. I'm working on some of the animations at the moment

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccooldudecool (Post 2011463)
Would any part of the site need a writer? And also it won't let me register -_-

You have to apply, there is a thread on it somewhere...

GoodPolarGirl 05-16-2008 01:20 AM

Thanks for the link on how to post pictures! I was able to make some magic for the wiki!

~Polar

Adventurebry 05-16-2008 01:42 AM

Im going to upload all of my Remember VMK pictures into an album, but can I just PM the link to the Album instead each individual picture? Less work for everybody =).

UpInTheAir 05-17-2008 07:55 AM

Thank you everyone!

Here is hoping for a productive weekend!