VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Gossip Archive (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Disney Quest will close its doors, January 2008 (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124329)

KingdomsKeeper 08-08-2007 12:45 AM

Disney Quest will close its doors, January 2008

That's right! Disney Quest, a potential chain of 30 indoor theme parks at major cities across the world, ended up only being one. Now, the single Disney quest will close its doors.
I've personally never had the chance to go, and was looking forward to seeing Disney-Quest in March. Sadly, that will always be a dream...
Any sports fans out there? Disney Quest will be replaced by a mega - ESPN Sports - zone... I'm not to thrilled.

EDIT: A family member was at Disney-quest yesterday and asked two cast members if Disney-Quest was closing. They both said no, but I've seen reports on the Internet...

PurpleAmy 08-08-2007 12:47 AM

They have a ESPN zone in downtown disney, i dont think they need another one. It makes me sad, and as well as every other vmk player sad i bet. :(

KingdomsKeeper 08-08-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleamyrocks20 (Post 1712534)
They have a ESPN zone in downtown disney, i dont think they need another one. It makes me sad, and as well as every other vmk player sad i bet. :(

They said something about Disney Quest not making enough money and ESPN Zone being to popular...

Soufriere_Hills 08-08-2007 12:54 AM

my friend went there i wanted to go there so bad now i might cry :(

Zebraa 08-08-2007 01:45 AM

Noooo :(:( I LOVED DisneyQuest. They had this fantastic thing where you design your own rollercoaster then you go in a little capsule thing and ride it. It even went upside down. I also recorded a CD there when I was 8. Good times...

Sushi 08-08-2007 01:49 AM

Aww, I loved DisneyQuest.
I always enjoyed the Aladdin's Carpet Simulator, the Dinosaur raft-thing... The Animation Studio... ;__;
And I used to always enjoy going upstairs to the "Cheshire-Cat-Cafe" :(

DisneyQuest is much better than an ESPN Zone -_-

WDWFanaticD 08-08-2007 01:52 AM

I'm afraid to step into this thread, but do you have a source perhaps? It's been long rumored that DQ was going to be replaced by ESPN Zone, and the 30 DQ's never happened. There hasn't been anything released that has become official yet, so I wouldn't be too upset yet.

I've been to it two or three times anyway. Just think of it as a huge arcade with the classic games that you can find at any arcade but in one place. All that is special is the couple attractions that they have that are fun the first time that you do it.

EDIT: It's not closing for awhile, a few years earliest. That's only if the low numbers go even lower and when I was there two month's ago, it was packed. It's not going anywhere.

WDW Monorail 08-08-2007 02:03 AM

Remember to put salt on your food.
;)

Eviie 08-08-2007 02:13 AM

Oh no, i loved DisneyQuest i've only gone once and that's 2 years ago but i had a blast! I loved the elevator getting to Disneyquest w/ Genie! And where you built your own rollercoaster? I still have the reciept for it you wanted to purchase the video. That is awful :(

LuisT 08-08-2007 05:25 AM

oh my oh my.

I actually got the chance to go to Disney's Quest in Chicago =] It was open for about, I believe 2-3 years. Then, it closed. Not sure if they werent receiving enough money or not. It wasn't a place that I really enjoyed, but that was just me ;)

- Stitch

Kitri 08-08-2007 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi (Post 1712649)
Aww, I loved DisneyQuest.
I always enjoyed the Aladdin's Carpet Simulator, the Dinosaur raft-thing... The Animation Studio... ;__;
And I used to always enjoy going upstairs to the "Cheshire-Cat-Cafe" :(

DisneyQuest is much better than an ESPN Zone -_-

Iagree with EVERYTHING you justsaid those rides are my favorites too!

Wish they wouldn't close it .My dad would take me, and it would be so much fun. I really wish it wouldn't close.

simone623 08-08-2007 09:35 PM

They're not closing disneyland right?

Facnyface 08-08-2007 11:02 PM

Actually there are alot of rumors about this but disney officals have made no offical decision about it and you can still buy tickets for next year.

WDW Monorail 08-08-2007 11:17 PM

There are no current plans to close DQ. If a plan were to be made, it would most likely be announced at the end of the fiscal year.

DizCaptain 08-09-2007 02:12 AM

This is a rumor, I went and they said no plans to close. I doubt they will close even though they haven't gotten something new lately, but rumors say they're closing.