VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Wiki Editing Guide (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89462)

prisoner 11-10-2006 02:13 PM

Wiki Editing Guide

Attention all Wiki Editors (and everyone else who wants to become one!)

I've started documenting some of the templates and editing practices we've been moving towards as part of the Editing help page. You can get to this page anytime you are editing a page from the Editing help link on the lower right corner of your editing page, to the right of the "Save Page" and "Show Preview" buttons.

Please read and follow these practices.

If there are other things you want clarified - ask here and we'll clarify them both here and on that editing page. :)

Thank you for being a wiki editor and for helping create the best reference on VMK there can be.

xigbar 11-11-2006 02:52 PM

I've just been roaming around, then editing the spelling errors or grammers. I want to become an editor though, how do i send it?

prisoner 11-11-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xigbar (Post 1220528)
I've just been roaming around, then editing the spelling errors or grammers. I want to become an editor though, how do i send it?

Check out this thread for directions how to apply to be an editor.

SpinMarty 11-11-2006 05:18 PM

I added more templates to the Help page. To access the page Prisoner mentioned, I added a quick link. On the left of each wiki page is a link called "Help and Rules". Click there then click the link that talks about templates on the VMK side.

Penguinz 11-11-2006 06:13 PM

yay! Thank you!

I have a question, can you show an example of what the furniture template would look like?

SpinMarty 11-11-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguingirl477 (Post 1220999)
yay! Thank you!

I have a question, can you show an example of what the furniture template would look like?

Prisoner gave the link to the furniture template in the first post. :) Or do you mean what does the finished page look like once you use the template and fill in the information? If so, here is one item:

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...r_Gold_Edition

Penguinz 11-11-2006 08:19 PM

No I mean... you know the template? Just the template when it is finished, no pictures. Just words and boxes. I need to see where everything is.

SpinMarty 11-11-2006 08:29 PM

it would look like a blank grid. Just imagine the Gold Chair link that I showed you and think of it without the words and photos

Penguinz 11-12-2006 12:11 AM

Oh... okay. Thanks.

prisoner 11-12-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguingirl477 (Post 1221340)
No I mean... you know the template? Just the template when it is finished, no pictures. Just words and boxes. I need to see where everything is.

The best thing to do in this case would be to create a page with the template, and the Preview it.

But I've also added an example underneath the furniture template.

avastpirateace 11-12-2006 11:00 PM

there editing the guide? wow about time, maybe they will actually get the correct information now

prisoner 11-12-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolleraye (Post 1224025)
there editing the guide? wow about time, maybe they will actually get the correct information now

If there is any information in the Wiki that you feel is incorrect - please feel free to post it in this forum. Or even better - apply and become an editor yourself!

All of the editors take great pride in trying to be as complete and correct as we can, but we sometimes mess up. We certainly welcome all the good help we can get.

avastpirateace 11-13-2006 01:19 AM

ill try to find the correct info bc i found a website that has accurate info on disney and vmk.

i think theres is a site with info WIKI doesnt have called www.intercot.com its under the discussion tab

AvastKrazy 02-11-2007 08:09 PM

how do i sign up

Xiaolin 08-08-2007 07:24 PM

Attention all Wiki Editors

Due to problems with the editing (explained below), we have let VMK's editng help move onto its own page. You can get to this page by searching Help:Editing Vmk, or click for VMK Editing help.

The problem: When adding new templates to the Club Penguin editing help, VMK's editing help had been cut/doubled/changed.

Thank you for understanding and notify fellow wiki editors for the change.