VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Magic Kingdoms Archive (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   WDW Decorations (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153040)

Centurey 11-17-2008 12:11 AM

WDW Decorations

Im trying to figure out what each parks do for Christmas decorations. I know Magic Kingdom does alot, but what about EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have for decorations. Thanks!

DisneyChicky101 11-17-2008 12:22 AM

Hollywood Studios has the big street of dancing christmas lights

EtnaGreen 11-17-2008 12:54 AM

Well alot of resorts have special decortations for the holidays, each hotel has a Christmas tree, Grand Floridian has a life size gingerbread house you can buy gingerbread from, Beach club has a carousel made of gingerbread,sugar,etc., and other special things.

Here is a pic of the gingerbread house:
http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWGra...read_House.jpg
Here is a pic of the carousel:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dR0FgEdkq08/R1...04+07_0048.jpg
Each park has a huge christmas tree at the front of the park. MGM has an amzing christmas lights display you have to see. Epcot has a show that I can't remember the name of where celebrities come and sing. You have to order tickets in advance, but I would only suggest it for adults it is quite boring. I can't remember what Animal Kingdom does.

Kitri 11-17-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtnaGreen (Post 2123112)
Epcot has a show that I can't remember the name of where celebrities come and sing. You have to order tickets in advance, but I would only suggest it for adults it is quite boring.

*Cough, cough* Candle Light Processional *cough*

EtnaGreen 11-17-2008 01:46 AM

Thanks Kitri, it's been so long since I went I had no idea what it was.

ParamoreGal 11-17-2008 01:48 AM

Why do you want to know? Just curious :princess:

EmmaatMk 11-17-2008 01:50 AM

well each park has a huge christmas tree

Centurey 11-18-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParamoreGal (Post 2123152)
Why do you want to know? Just curious :princess:

Well, I'm going and the Christmas decorations are going to be up the last day there, and I'm wondering where I should go.

EtnaGreen 11-18-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurey (Post 2123408)
Well, I'm going and the Christmas decorations are going to be up the last day there, and I'm wondering where I should go.

Well their is no guarentee that they will all be up, Disney gradually places more and more decorations up at night.

GreenGirlJess 11-23-2008 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was there is past week.

3 parks (not Magic Kingdom) have their trees up- all so beautiful!!!
Most of the street decorations (like the wreaths, the hats, etc) is all up.

Animal Kingdom parade is a holiday one now.. Not sure about what else.

I didn't take any pictures, except of the castle.. Well, I think it is for the holdays anyway.. Pardon me if I'm wrong.

Epcotfans 11-24-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurey (Post 2123075)
Im trying to figure out what each parks do for Christmas decorations. I know Magic Kingdom does alot, but what about EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have for decorations. Thanks!

EPCOT (not me) does have Decorations they have lights snowflakes and christmas around the world PLUS!!!!!! the candle light persesion(did i spell it right?)

PS: it's not borning both of my cousins sang in that show!!

EtnaGreen 11-24-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epcotfans (Post 2125112)
EPCOT (not me) does have Decorations they have lights snowflakes and christmas around the world PLUS!!!!!! the candle light persesion(did i spell it right?)

PS: it's not borning both of my cousins sang in that show!!

At the time I was like seven, my attention spand was small and even if your cousins sang in the show it still wouldn't have been entertaining.

Stitchco 12-05-2008 08:54 PM

Holidays at Walt Disney World

I believe I can help out here in this department.

Magic Kingdom:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Celebrate the Season
Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Mickey's Twas the night before Crhistmas
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Day Parade (the parade can be viewed only on Christmas day only on TV)
Cinderella Castle Dream Lights
Christmas Tree and Christmas decorations around the park
at the party they have holiday dances and give out free hot cocoa and cookies

EPCOT:

Candlelight Processional (not sure about spelling)
-this features different Guest Hosts each night
Holidays Around the World
-in World Showcase, there are different Santas around the showcases who tell people about how the people of their country celebrate the holidays
they too have a Christmas tree up and have a show for it
They also have a small holidays part of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights
-this year passholders can see them in 3-D
they too have a Christmas tree
they have a Christmas parade but I cannot at the current time remember what it was

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parde
they too have a Christmas tree
they also have decortations around the park

Downtown Disney:

there is a Sanat Claus here
Christmas decor and a Crhsitmas tree can be found here as well
They have a shop open all year long called the 12 days of Christmas

The Hotels

All of the hotels have Gingerbread houses, a Christmas tree, and holiday decor

Hope that helps. PM me if you need to know more or something

-Stitch

Miketic 12-10-2008 02:04 AM

At magic kingdom this year, there was barely any Christmas decorations as previous years (i think of the budget). The tree isn't up, the garlands on Main Street isn't up, and the lack of decorations in town square. I was there December 7 (Sunday) and i thought it was the day of the taping of the Disney's Christmas Day Parade, which was that Friday before...

I was depressed with all of this, until i got to Hollywood Studios with the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. :)

I will be back there soon, and see if they put it up yet...

Stitchco 12-11-2008 03:56 PM

1). they don't put the tree out that soon. They will by now, but the total completion of the christmas decorations are normally out 5 days prior to the last christmas party.
2). the garlands were up in November when I went the week before thanksgiving, as well as the dream lights, so i dont know what you are talking about with that.
3). they have the items in the center hub of main street where guest relations is out except for the tree, which is normally moved there overnight before the last christmas party or just after.

and before you try to contradict me know this: i go there so often i practically live in WDW. I have been there 4 times within November and up until know. 4 separate trips in other words. so i highly doubt that what you said was true. my apologies if you are telling the truth, however when i went those times they were out except for christmas tree

-stitch