VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMK Remembered (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   How can someone miss VMK so much, still??... (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156968)

PrincessKairi12 11-18-2011 07:17 AM

How can someone miss VMK so much, still??...

I started playing VMK when young. I fell in love with it. Every single day I waited & waited to get back from school to play & see my friends, explore, & enjoy the magical feeling I received while playing the game. I would just fall head over heels again if someone told me they were bringing back VMK. All my closest friends I met on there, I still speak to & we're really pretty close for only having met on VMK! Actually, I'll take that back. VMK was not just a game to me, it really was & still is so much more than that. It was like another home & I have such an emotional attachment to it. I know there are plenty of you out there who feel just like I do.. I really hope one day VMK will be back. I've adored Disney all my life & if one thing I know is certain, Disney makes your dreams come true. If only they would make our dreams come true & bring VMK back! :icon9m: Does anyone else sit there & think about all the good times? Playing pirates, snapping pictures with friends, trading, setting your room up or even connecting rooms with the Monsters Inc portal doors? The DC monster, the constant events, enjoying all the holidays VMK would be decorated for? I pray VMK will return. I really do! Do you?

GoodPolarGirl 11-19-2011 04:25 AM

I do sit and remember, sometimes. I am WAY over the fact that it's closed. Not that I'm happy about it by any means, but I've accepted it. VMK is closed. I can say those three words without having an emotional breakdown. But, I do miss it. And yes, I do wish it would come back. I loved playing pirates, I loved trading, I loved spending time with my friends. . .sigh, memories.

Miketic 11-19-2011 04:35 AM

Yeah, I miss it too. But think of it this way, Walt Disney once said:

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. "

So even though VMK is gone, it just leads to more opportunites for all of us in the future.

PrincessKairi12 11-22-2011 06:06 AM

Well, I know... I've accepted that it's closed but at the same time I really yearn for it to reopen. I understand Walt wanted us to move forward but that's just it. We could have really moved forward with VMK! I felt it had such potential to be so much more for Disney fans! For those folks who don't live near any Disney parks, for those who just wanted to have Disney right in front of their face for free while they visited with their friends. Instead they come out with other online worlds that I find nowhere near as appealing as VMK ever was.

GoodPolarGirl 11-23-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKairi12 (Post 2188965)
We could have really moved forward with VMK! I felt it had such potential to be so much more for Disney fans! For those folks who don't live near any Disney parks, for those who just wanted to have Disney right in front of their face for free while they visited with their friends. Instead they come out with other online worlds that I find nowhere near as appealing as VMK ever was.

I know, right! VMK was such a great game already, think of all the other things they could have done with it! The potential!

spacerightsummer 12-10-2011 08:31 AM

I still miss it as well. VMK was a world unto itself and imagination was it's catalyst where we all met together and enjoyed a small piece of Disney Magic in the comfort of our own homes. Many of the people, places and Host on VMK will be dearly missed.

garfieldboy 12-17-2011 06:31 AM

Yeah i get cravings to play vmk. That game was my live.

Blossomflower 12-21-2011 02:18 AM

uh yes, i miss it... and every time i think of it, i log on here, just like today! LOL

PrincessKairi12 04-14-2012 11:38 PM

I'm still missing it.... T___T

Miketic 04-15-2012 06:05 AM

Same here, that's why I still visit here to look back.

Baconbits 05-10-2012 02:34 AM

I try to move on as best as I can.

It was so long ago. I grew up with you guys and I'll never forget that. VMK offered me joy like nothing else. Its similar to loving someone but being forced to forget about them, even though neither of you wanted to. Its a shame. I keep logging back on here to check and see if anythings going to happen. There still is hope, always will be too.

garfieldboy 05-11-2012 04:48 AM

I grew up playing VMK. It was really sad to see it go. All the friendships I had are gone. I still come on here to see if there's going to be hope.

rapby60 05-17-2012 12:54 PM

We all miss it, having vmk was a good time in my childhood. I honestly do hope it comes back

Blossomflower 05-26-2012 02:26 AM

i guess i've moved on, but that doesn't mean i've forgotten about vmk. i'd play it again if it opened.

Spottedleaf 11-14-2012 08:48 PM

VMK was one of the favorite parts of my childhood. I played it every single day and I cried when my computer broke so I couldn't play it xD
I haven't talked to my VMK friends in about 2 years, and it makes me sad every time I think about it. :(
I've moved on to other games (I was going on a "OMG NO DISNEY GAMES/NO OTHER GAMES EVER" strike, but er, that didn't go very smoothly) a long time ago, but I still have dreams about VMK reopening occasionally. I'd still play it if it reopened, even if there was a membership for it. Geez, I'd pay for it with my own money because it was such a big part of my childhood.