VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Collector Items (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Great VMK Mystery - Flying Carpet Magic (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148483)

sunday_monkey 05-22-2008 01:16 AM

The Great VMK Mystery - Flying Carpet Magic

I am truly puzzled as to why full-time use Flying Carpet Magic was never released to everyone, especially since they kept saying it was going to come out, it was just a matter of when. This secret might just die with the game. Anyone have any theories?

MagicMonkeys 05-22-2008 01:17 AM

Here's yavn's "answer":

Quote:

There is toooo many bugs with Flying Carpet Magic

EtnaGreen 05-22-2008 01:17 AM

Its not surprisng to me considering how often yavn lies, but I really have no idea why.

FrontierDonovan 05-22-2008 01:33 AM

A few players were awarded FCM magic from hosts on their give-away

Rodolfito 05-22-2008 04:39 PM

Staff said that due to the increasing lag on the last day they didnt want to release a magic that everyone would use and crash the server...i guess that is good in a way

Friez 05-22-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMonkeys (Post 2017369)
Here's yavn's "answer":

Bugs... sure... More like: "I'm too lazy to release it."

SkyRocket 05-22-2008 08:12 PM

Be nice. You don't know if yavn is lieing or not.

Mega_Joe 05-22-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodolfito (Post 2018158)
Staff said that due to the increasing lag on the last day they didnt want to release a magic that everyone would use and crash the server...i guess that is good in a way

didnt they release the X2 spaceship magic full-ue on the last day? Hmm...:rolleyes:

CapnOlaf 05-22-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMonkeys (Post 2017369)
Here's yavn's "answer":

Quote:

There are toooo many bugs with Flying Carpet Magic.

Yeah, I don't think they should have released it during the last night. People would have crashed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega_Joe (Post 2018254)
didnt they release the X2 spaceship magic full-ue on the last day? Hmm...:rolleyes:

That didn't have any bugs that anyone's aware of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtnaGreen (Post 2017370)
Its not surprisng to me considering how often yavn lies, but I really have no idea why.

Now, you don't know that! How can we really be certain he's lying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friez (Post 2018240)
Bugs... sure... More like: "I'm too lazy to release it."

We had enough stuff before closing as there was, we don't need to be greedy.

Can't we just be happy with what we had before VMK closed?

Friez 05-23-2008 03:21 AM

I'm just saying... how can Single Use not be bugged and Multi-Use is??

manunderwater 05-23-2008 03:24 AM

who said it was bugs, it was more of how much bandwidth of the server it takes up, flying carpet is a very complicated magic

AstroAcer 05-23-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manunderwater (Post 2018809)
who said it was bugs, it was more of how much bandwidth of the server it takes up, flying carpet is a very complicated magic

Staff did. lol.

It might have had to do with bandwidth, but I don't think so. Normally, magic only affected those in the room since it had to play the various animations associated with it.

Destination 05-24-2008 03:14 AM

there were alot of bugs with the magic. I remember once that I was in a room with him and he said that one of the bugs that the magic had was, it would make him cross over the ropes room dividers when he didn't want it to. And they said they could never figure out how to solve that. Something like that.

AwesomeTom 05-25-2008 03:26 AM

I can only agree with CapnOlaf. We were given the opportunity to enjoy the night of our lives on our final day of VMK, and even after VMK has closed, we are still accusing Yavn of lying and staff and other moderators being lazy.

(1) Yavn technically never lied. He told the truth. At that time, if Flying Carpet Magic was supposed to be released, than that is the truth, and obviously he would tell us, but things come up and things happen.

(2) VMK did have many glitches the following morning, and tempting the servers and systems could have easily malfunctioned the system completely, causing a mass catastrophe. Though the magic itself is complicated in the game, the way a server looks at it is more data that cannot be contained. VMK releasing all of those items was extremely dangerous in the first place.

(3) All VMK staff were told they were working to May 21, 2008, to when the clock striked closing, and they worked to that point. No staff was necessarily "lazy", and or any technical producer or moderator showed any laziness. We receieved some of the most amazing items released in the hisory of VMK, and I personally feel we should be grateful for what we recieved and not what we didn't.

I am sorry if this offended anyone, but it is my personal opinion and is the way I feel.

SkyRocket 05-27-2008 01:19 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself :)