VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   2010 (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156500)

Cookie Duck 01-15-2010 10:44 PM

It's been a while since I've been in the good old land, Walt disney world. This time i'm heading there with my school's marching band to march a parade. I was curious to what is new. I went last march. And if anyone could tell me the approximate length of the magic kingdom parade.

Jack I 01-16-2010 01:17 AM

It's been a while since I've been as well, but the Parade Route in Magic Kingdom is always Frontierland to Town Square (or vice versa), so I would imagine you'll have a good 15-20 minute parade route ahead of you, not to mention the behind the scenes time getting ready for the parade.

Oh, and from a band member to a fellow band member, good luck! We'll also be down that way later this year in some parades at the parks, too. Be quite a treat for me since I haven't been to WDW since I was real young.

SoccerRyan 01-16-2010 01:23 AM

The parade route from start to finish is about 18 minutes. Have a great time at WDW! Wish I could go too! :D

EtnaGreen 01-16-2010 04:41 PM

It's wonderful that you are going to WDW with your school's marching band. I can't wait to hear about it. Typically the school marching bands march about 15-20 minutes before the parade starts. As for the parade length, I am not quite sure.
Some of the new attractions are:
1. Space Mountain was refurbished (although they just changed the ride line and made the ride darker)
2. The American Idol Experience (At Disney's Hollywood Studios)
3. Toy Story Mania (At Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I think that's it, they really haven't added much since you went last.

EmmaatMk 01-16-2010 05:57 PM

That's awesome! I wish my band would do that!
Anyways, I think EtnaGreen covered all the new stuff, not much has been added over the past year.

MLKnCookies 01-17-2010 12:00 AM

Ah, the parade is amazing. I did a parade with my marching band in 2008 and we went at night from Town Square to Frontierland. You'll have an amazing time! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack I (Post 2182577)
not to mention the behind the scenes time getting ready for the parade.

That was really cool as well. ;)

Cookie Duck 01-17-2010 07:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. 2 years ago, i went for my sister's parade. but that night something bad happened, so it wasn't that great of a trip

SoraStarChan 01-25-2010 02:56 AM

:D marching at Disney is so much fun! I do it every year. It's not that terrible marching in the day except maybe the heat and the tracts on the ground. always have to make sure your foot doesn't get stuck in that. Nothing majorly new has come to Disney, so it'll probably be similar to the last time you went. I hope you have fun!