VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cave Drawings (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Kingdom Keepers Movie Poster (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155966)

the_phoenix 07-15-2009 08:34 PM

Kingdom Keepers Movie Poster

Um, yeah, I didn't know where to put this...so if it's in the wrong section, SORRY! :P

ANYWAY...I was bored so I started downloading some photoshop brushes...and I came across a set that just REMINDED me of the Kingdom Keepers...so I decided to do a poster. As it was late (around three a.m.?) I added an extra 0 in 2010...yeah, sorry about that, too..

C+C is appreciated, too! :wave2:

ooh! The castle is edited like that because I wanted it to look a lot like the cover (did I succeed? Up to you!). Also, it should be noted that the castle has the Winter lights on..the original castle just wouldn't cooperate with the effect :icon8m: I also changed the original font (the one that's on the books) because it just didn't look right...the font used here is called Beyond Wonderland. I expect the second poster to be done in a few days, a week tops.

PS - I used Photoshop CS4 :D

Fairy 07-15-2009 10:31 PM

Ooo! I like it Fee. xD The books awesome too.
I actually had to make one of these before for school.
rofl. Awesome Job :] I wish it was an actual movie and poster. Rofl
:balloon:

MLKnCookies 07-15-2009 11:36 PM

That's incredible! You did a wonderful job on it. I can't wait to see the next one that you are working on. :)

GoodPolarGirl 07-16-2009 01:18 AM

About looking like the book cover, you did the white effect perfect. But, it doesn't look like the cover because it's the view of the castle that's different. Overall, I LOVE the poster - it looks awesome!

(LOL at the 20010)

the_phoenix 07-16-2009 01:53 AM

Thank you all.

GPG --- yeah...that's what 3 a.m. does to you! LOL

ANYWAY, the second one got done much faster than I thought. Lemme explain... I originally wanted this one to be the castle up close, with maleficent's shape in front of it, while the green pixie dust flew around her (see poster), making her body give off a sort of green aura. I couldn't find any good Maleficent pictures (found one, but it was only the head! :icon8m:), and I just can't picture a good maleficent to edit. So if anyone has a suggestion as to WHO I should edit into Maleficent, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Here's the second one - it was going to say 'Who said ALL fairies were good?' but I just thought it looked a bit...crowded.

PS - anyone know how to take the 'color waves' off? Every time I save a picture, they show :/

REAL QUICK!! This is a not-so-what-I-wanted-it-to-look-like-but-I-still-made-it poster.

Pink_Bink 07-16-2009 02:45 AM

Fee, those are awesome! (:

Matterz 07-16-2009 09:35 AM

They're amazing boi, I absolutely love all of them(it definitely looks like you put a lot of effort into all of them).
nice font choice(it's one of my favorites), and brushes, they're very pretty and I love all of the colors.
all of posters are pretty and I'm not quite sure about the "color wave" problem you're having, they look fine how they are.
You SUCCESSED fee :D. ♥

Much love,
Matterz

the_phoenix 07-16-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matterz (Post 2170737)
They're amazing boi, I absolutely love all of them(it definitely looks like you put a lot of effort into all of them).
nice font choice(it's one of my favorites), and brushes, they're very pretty and I love all of the colors.
all of posters are pretty and I'm not quite sure about the "color wave" problem you're having, they look fine how they are.
You SUCCESSED fee :D. ♥

Much love,
Matterz

Thank you :D
the waves thing, I think, is due to the .gif? I'm not sure. I've been saving one as a .gif and JPEG copy...but the gift always looks better? LOL.

Not exactly what I wanted...but here it is

EmmaatMk 07-19-2009 01:56 PM

these are really good! the castles look really awesome and they kinda look like the book cover too!

~EmmaatMK :mickey:

.:Blue:. 07-19-2009 02:18 PM

Those posters are wicked cool!
...so, wait, is there gonna be
a Kingdom Keepers MOVIE now?!
-gasp-

the_phoenix 07-20-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Blue:. (Post 2171067)
...so, wait, is there gonna be
a Kingdom Keepers MOVIE now?!
-gasp-

Well, Ridley Pearson said on his blog that Disney wants to make a movie, but that it'd take a bit of time. However, that doesn't guarantee that an actual movie will be made. I made these posters out of fun - glad you liked them :D

xoop 07-20-2009 09:29 PM

Incredible [: I actually have never read the books, but I hope to once I can get a hold of one!