VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fixed (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Mac Vs. Vista? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152829)

taylorswiftfan13 11-05-2008 03:42 AM

Mac Vs. Vista?

Those commercials on TV, with the Mac guy and the Vista guy, the Mac guy says Vista has a lot of problems. I have a Vista and I really like it. What problems does he think Vista has that Macs don't?

Pisces 11-05-2008 04:05 AM

Supposedly Macs get less viruses and bugs and all that stuff... But I detest macs because they're pretty much... the worst thing ever for games... And I have lots of games... Would be pretty much a waste if I couldn't play half of them... seriously a binder full of disks...
Macs are good for business-y stuff I guess, Windows are good for games =D
Macs don't really get many viruses (According to certain sources), Windows... I personally have never had one... =D (A virus, that is)
Pssh, I'm not seeing anything great about a mac, the commercials are pretty much propaganda trying to hurt the sales of Windows and help that of Macs...

SassaFrazz 11-05-2008 02:43 PM

Honestly, I dislike macs. My school has macs, and I don't like them (and its NOT because they're at my school. >.>). I've had a vista for about five months now, and I think it's great. I can play games, watch videos, make videos, and have anything I wanted to be able to do with a computer.
I have No problems with Vista and I think its great. x3

Centurey 11-05-2008 08:50 PM

Mac mac mac mac mac.

VISTA COPIED MAC.
WINDOWS 7 IS TOTALLY COPYING MAC.

Thriller 11-05-2008 09:24 PM

Mac is faster, ergonomic and has a more attractive design. I could name many more reasons why Mac is better.

I got frustrated with my Vista, so I bought a Mac and I love it.

Friez 11-05-2008 10:17 PM

I have Vista and I love it. Macs are too confusing for me... I guess I'm more familiar with Windows.

Centurey 11-05-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friez (Post 2119896)
I have Vista and I love it. Macs are too confusing for me... I guess I'm more familiar with Windows.

Well, dont get Windows 7! (Note: This is not my computer, just a picture I found online!)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ws7Desktop.png
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Look at the task bar thing. -.-

Brave_Bloom_Kiari 11-06-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friez (Post 2119896)

Speak duh truth! xD

love,
Kairi

Chululli 11-06-2008 01:40 AM

I Like windows computers cause when it comes to games they're pretty much universal. They have a simple style and great programs. The CMD is great for finding info on your computer, and doing some fun tricks :D I like using NetMeeting so I can have fun with my friends. And with the right security programs, you can have a safe and fast computer. (sorry to be off topic but) If you have three other siblings that hog your computer theres no possible way you can protect yourself, they find a new way to attract to viruses everyday..But id much rather use vista/Windows XP. For you thriller, I owuldnt exactly tell new computer buyers to go out and get a Mac, they might get confused and honestly..nobody uses a manual. I also like macs, but id start out someone with Windows XP Professional or Home Edition to get them up and running. Then buy A simple mac..But for people who are familiar with a computer an know your way around a corrupt file system and such things, id get a Mac OS X Leopard..unless you want to use games, get a windows.
ANOTHER EDIt: And Centurey, im almost 100% sure thats not true. As you know Bill Gates, he had a partner help him make computer life not the size of your room. As they split to different roads, Bill made the Microsoft Co. and then the other dude (forgot his name, sorry) Made Apple. As they were still on separate ways, they did have similar views. I say neither copied each other, but to say one took a bit more ideas from the other, was the Apple dude. And plus, who would care? They have both great running computer software systems and mp3's (iPods and the unbeleivable amazing Zune). but there are different computers for different people, and by seeing what you want i oculd probably set you with a reccomendation of an opeation system or computer.

flaxygirl 11-06-2008 01:55 AM

Macs have less viruses out there for them. And they are suposed to be better for like business stuff.

It depends on what your using if for, and what your used to.

I personally have always used windows for like my whole life so whenever i have to use a mac i get really confused.

Chululli 11-06-2008 02:13 AM

Well I will say Macs are good, but I dont like how people say Windows is horrid when its not. Mac is really for advanced pc users.

awsomered 11-06-2008 02:32 AM

I'm a windows XP person. Macs have some good graphics but windows can do that too, i don't like Vista much because it's slow sometimes when your trying to do a lot of things at once is what I do. (IM, Surf the Web, Do Homework and other school things, and work on GIMP)

SassaFrazz 11-10-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurey (Post 2119936)
Well, dont get Windows 7!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ws7Desktop.png
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Look at the task bar thing. -.-

Rofl, that doesn't look too bad o.o

AceGoalkeeper 11-10-2008 08:07 PM

Basically, Windows launched Vista too early with several bugs and glitches. I've had several friends and family that have had to struggle with it for a very long time. I'm not sure if they're finally done fixing the bugs of Vista or not, but it was ridiculous to me. Everything I saw showed that they released it way too early. It looks to me like they didn't even test it...

I guess whether you want Windows or Mac depends on what you like. They have many differences in the way they work. It's all up to preference. My cousin is obsessed with Mac although I personally hate it. My advice, go to a friend or someone that has the opposite of what you have and try it. You might love it, or you might hate it. Then, you can go from there.

- Ace

Purplemysterystar 11-10-2008 08:40 PM

I like all of the types. They are all good! Me I like Windows. Proablly cause this laptop is windows. LOL