VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMK Ideas and Suggestions (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   "Code Validator" (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132361)

TheBird 11-10-2007 10:45 PM

"Code Validator"

(Supposed situation)

So I walk through my house, looking for my box of VMK cards, and I find a stack just lying next to my stove. I usually mark a "u" on them to tell me later that they're used. These don't have the "u" on them. I think VMk's next addition should be a new addition to the code tab. How it would work:

Someone finds a card they don't know is used or unused. They type in the code in the Code Tab and the code will be searched in the code database. If it's a real code, it will say: "Valid Code. Use, Yes or No?" and so on and so forth. If you didn't want to use it, you could just say no.

How about it?

Bird

Additions to my idea:

Kitri's Idea:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitri (Post 1820803)
I think it would be even better if it should what the code gives you, and you could have a section in the inventory where it shows all thecodes you've used.

Whipstersh's Idea:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipstersh (Post 1823386)

I would suggest along with this idea, perhaps a system which tells you if the code is used or not, along with its validity.

Such as: This code is valid, but has already been used.

I feel this would help with some of the scamming portions of trading with codes.

sunnyskye 11-10-2007 11:05 PM

Awesome idea!

aurorarosesb 11-10-2007 11:25 PM

great idea- i have two vip cards one used one not and i want to trade the code but until i figure out which one is unused I can't :(

Dino_Fan 11-10-2007 11:30 PM

I think that is a great idea! I have room codes and some of them I used and they got mixed together with the unused codes unlike you I didn't mark anything on them so I have no idea which I have used and which I haven't :(

TheBird 11-11-2007 01:41 AM

Thanks everyone, I want to send it to VMk but I'm not sure how. Anyone else want to do it?

Kitri 11-11-2007 02:19 AM

Awesome idea! I think it would be even better if it should what the code gives you, and you could have a section in the inventory where it shows all thecodes you've used.

TheBird 11-12-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitri (Post 1820803)
Awesome idea! I think it would be even better if it should what the code gives you, and you could have a section in the inventory where it shows all thecodes you've used.

Yes -- like it shoes a quest-kiosk sized photo of the picture. :)

Whipstersh 11-12-2007 11:15 PM

Great idea I must say. It would make verifying codes much easier than it is for me now (try one of them and see if it works, lol).

I would suggest along with this idea, perhaps a system which tells you if the code is used or not, along with its validity.

Such as: This code is valid, but has already been used.

I feel this would help with some of the scamming portions of trading with codes.

BasketballFarrah 11-12-2007 11:18 PM

Just go to contact us and select something like "I want to send in something for the newsletter" then state your idea. I think it's great! :)

Pink_Bink 11-12-2007 11:19 PM

That could come in handy for me! Great idea! :)

- Pinkers.

TheBird 11-14-2007 12:48 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys ;)

gabyta 11-14-2007 08:12 PM

it's a great idea.. I hope they do this some day.. :)

Xiaolin 11-14-2007 09:03 PM

Nice idea. :)

Destination 11-14-2007 09:16 PM

That would be a cool idea ;)

TheBird 11-15-2007 03:54 AM

Thanks again guys ;)