VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Norwegian Blue (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should I Remake a "The Complete I'm Going to WDW Guide"? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155390)

Stitchco 04-14-2009 01:56 AM

Should I Remake a "The Complete I'm Going to WDW Guide"?

What do you think about it?

-Stitchco :1stitch:

GoodPolarGirl 04-14-2009 08:35 PM

Please Please Please Please PLEASE do!!

I promise you I will read the whole thing! -puppy dog face heree-

Stitchco 04-14-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2160015)
Please Please Please Please PLEASE do!!

I promise you I will read the whole thing! -puppy dog face heree-

The problem is though that it takes too long, I don't have enough time do all the changes I'd need to, and plenty more which is why I'm not sure if I should.

-Stitchco

EtnaGreen 04-15-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitchco (Post 2160040)
The problem is though that it takes too long, I don't have enough time do all the changes I'd need to, and plenty more which is why I'm not sure if I should.

-Stitchco

If you feel you should update it and you don't have enough time you can always get some of the other members to help out. Alot of the members know alot about WDW and can help you.

improvist_evan 04-15-2009 07:49 PM

My brother knows everything that can possibly be known about Epcot, or at least pretty close to that!

GoodPolarGirl 04-16-2009 01:58 AM

Want some help? :D

Stitchco 04-22-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtnaGreen (Post 2160080)
If you feel you should update it and you don't have enough time you can always get some of the other members to help out. Alot of the members know alot about WDW and can help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2160129)
Want some help? :D

thanks for the offer, but another concern of mine is that besides the mods, admins, and you polargirl, who would take the time to read it and say things like "wow that's pretty good info" and stuff....

-Stitchco :1stitch: who wants it to be something that people will appreciate

Madilina 04-22-2009 05:40 PM

All i can say is, yes it'll be a good idea; BUT, if you dont have the time, dont do it. If you do have the time, do it if you want

EtnaGreen 04-22-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitchco (Post 2160702)
thanks for the offer, but another concern of mine is that besides the mods, admins, and you polargirl, who would take the time to read it and say things like "wow that's pretty good info" and stuff....

-Stitchco :1stitch: who wants it to be something that people will appreciate

Every month or so a member normally makes a thread asking a few questions about DLR or WDW, so I can see a few members reading that rather than making a new thread. Although, I am not sure if they will read it. Shouldn't the idea that you helped someone be your own reward? Many members aren't a big fan of posting and just read the threads, so there could be more readers than you think.

While typing this up I am up with a few suggestions. Keep in mind you don't have to use them; they are just a few ideas.

*You could put excerpts from your WDW guide in the vmkf magzine, if you want more readers. Many people read it and it is a very good way to let people know about your thread.
*To save you some time you could take a few WDW tips from the WDW Tips thread that you think are important and put them in your guide.
*You could also leave the thread open to questions. When a member posts a question you could make a "Frequently Asked Questions" portion of the guide and post the question and answer.