VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project: SAVE VMK! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Saving VMK 2010 (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156765)

computer_boy 10-24-2010 04:00 PM

Saving VMK 2010

Even though there's barely anyone ever on, I decided to go ahead and post this here too. Maybe then we'll finally have something to talk about over here?

------

Recently, Steve Wadsworth left the Walt Disney Internet Group to pursue other opportunities outside of the Walt Disney Company. As most, if not all, of you know, he was the President of WDIG who gave the final decision on VMK's future. With him gone, two new Co-presidents stepped up and took his position.

And because of that, I think we have a higher possibility than two years ago, to bring VMK back....if we all try, that is.

Back in '08, because of everything we did, VMK ended up making the news. But since Steve Wadsworth was the president of WDIG, he didn't care. Now with him out of the way, if we made the news once more, or even several more times possibly, then maybe these two new Co-presidents will consider it...

Here's the letter I typed a few days. I sent it to them about 3 days ago, and have yet to receive a reply.

(Note: It's long. It's 3 pages in Word)

EDIT: Nvm, I'm not going to post it, because of how many words & links were blocked out from it. So lets just go with: Is anybody going to email John Pleasants & James Pitaro?

GoodPolarGirl 10-24-2010 05:51 PM

Wow, I sooo didn't realize how behind I was on WDIG info. Who's the president now?

computer_boy 10-24-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2186490)
Wow, I sooo didn't realize how behind I was on WDIG info. Who's the president now?

There's no president this time, just two co-presidents.

John Pleasants and James Pitaro

GoodPolarGirl 10-24-2010 06:38 PM

Wow, that's weird. So, what all have they done for WDIG so far? I mean, if they've been taking away the good things from the WDIG department recently, then we probably don't have hope. But if they've been doing good, then who knows.

computer_boy 10-24-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2186492)
Wow, that's weird. So, what all have they done for WDIG so far? I mean, if they've been taking away the good things from the WDIG department recently, then we probably don't have hope. But if they've been doing good, then who knows.

They just started, I think, on Oct 18th.

BaseballStarz 10-24-2010 07:38 PM

I have no clue what their e-mail addresses are. I'd be glad to email them stating my opinions and how I felt about VMK.

Feel free to msg me via PM their emails.

computer_boy 10-24-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballStarz (Post 2186498)
I have no clue what their e-mail addresses are. I'd be glad to email them stating my opinions and how I felt about VMK.

Feel free to msg me via PM their emails.

They don't have a Disney email yet, (not that I'm aware of, anyway), but John Pleaseants came from Playdom.

So I went to Playdom.com, found an email, and used it for sending my letter.

[email protected]

BaseballStarz 10-24-2010 07:52 PM

That's interesting, I mean what am I emailing him for? Asking him to try and see what he can do to re-open VMK? I'm confused.

bluedudeman 10-24-2010 08:08 PM

I'd guess so :)

I really hope that they can change at least some things around :)

computer_boy 10-24-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballStarz (Post 2186500)
That's interesting, I mean what am I emailing him for? Asking him to try and see what he can do to re-open VMK? I'm confused.

Yes. He's one of the new co-presidents, so he should be able to do something.

If you're going to email him, I'd suggest maybe begin your letter by congratulating, then going right to explaining what VMK really was.

I would show the letter I sent to him, but like I said in the original post, a lot here was blocked out. If you know the other VMK forum, you can see it there. If not, then sorry.

lucky33325 10-25-2010 03:55 AM

Maybe the rumor is true, of VMK opening in October.
Meh, its a start. :D