View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts III: War of Hearts

iShadow
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, a long time ago, I had this story on a thread, but I forgot about it so it went into Archives. I am bringing it back to life! I will add new chapters every so often. Please enjoy :)

P.S. This story does connect to the Keyblade War rumors, but you must be patient and wait for me to finish the whole story! Near the end, everything will be explained :)

PROLOUGE
Sora was resting on the sandy beaches of the Destiny Islands, along with his friends, Riku and Kairi. His other friends were playing elsewhere. Wakka was playing BlitzBall with Tidus, while Sophie was jump roping. Everything was so peaceful. The ocean waves were calm, brushing against the beach, and the sky cloudless and sunny. Sora was looking into the clear sky, when suddenly a white bird flew into view. It was carrying a note. It passed over Sora and his friends, dropping the note. It fell on Riku, whose eyes were closed at the time, “Ouch! Huh?” Riku opened the note and read it to everyone,
“Dear everybody, I know this is mean to interrupt you guys just after you saved everybody, but I have been experimenting with my keyblade. I made a shocking discovery, the keyblade doesn’t just open hearts and unlocks boundaries, it can open time gates! I went into the future, and something bad is happening, you need to come to Disney Castle, ALL of you (meaning Sora, Riku, Kairi) Goofy and Donald are going to pick you using the gummi ship. See ya soon!
Your friend,
Mickey Mouse

P.S. When you get here, I got some new clothes for you!”
Everyone looked dumbfounded. Then they heard a buzzing noise. In the sky was a ship. A Gummi ship. “Well, there they are.” Said Sora with a smile.

CHAPTER ONE
A hundred years later
Chirpity chirpity, went the birds outside of Tom’s house. With a great big yawn, Tom got out of bed. “Dang! can’t believe I have to go to school on a Saturday. At least there will be a field trip, to see that memorial of Sora, Riku, Donald, Kiari, Goofy, and that King Mike or what ever…” mumbled Tom in a mumbled tone as he went to the bathroom. After fifteen minutes, Tom got out dressed up, teeth brushed, and hair still messy. He picked up his backpack and strolled out of his room and down the stairs he went. Tom glanced at the toast on the kitchen table. With a quick swift he grabbed a bunch of them and said, through a mouth full of toast, “Ma! I’m goin’ to ze fiel’ trip!” With that said, Tom opened the front door and walked out onto the sandy beaches of Destiny Islands.
The nice warm island breezes flew through his spiky brown hair. Tom trudged through the island sand towards a giant tree house. Tom heard that the tree house used to be smaller, and Sora the Keyblade Master used to hang out there, but the tree house became bigger and bigger, and soon became a school. The Sun beamed nicely through the tree’s leaves. “At least it’s sunny,” said Tom as he walked past several of his friends’ houses, “I still can’t believe that they made us go to school even on that day where a horrible storm hit. ‘It is not a storm, Tom, it is just raining!’ my a—” Tom stopped walking immediately.
There she was, the one girl Tom ever liked, Monica. She was talking to one of her friends as she walked ever beautifully… Tom started to walk again, still staring at Monica. She is so beautiful, thought Tom, if only I could talk to her alon— Tom abruptly tripped over a big rock laying on the sand. “OW!!” Monica looked back while her friends giggled at the scene. Monica muttered something that made the girls quiet, and turned towards Tom. “You okay?,” said Monica, offering a helping hand to Tom, “Need a hand?” Tom, laying on the sand, was dumbstruck. Tom tried to open his mouth, but the only things that came out were, “Umnothhx icandoitmselfi” Embarrassed at his own words, his face blushed. He got up and nervously said, “Um, I mean no thanks.” “Okay, see ya.” Said Monica, as she turned away towards her friends, who looked as if they were going to explode if they didn’t get to giggle soon. “Really? I mean, yeah, see ya!” said Tom waving stupidly at her. “I was so stupid,” mumbled Tom as he began walking to school again, “And it doesn’t help that I talk to myself…”
Tom did not spend the rest of his “waiting for field trip time” listening to his teachers conforming field trip slips, but he instead spent his time thinking about how come Monica and him never really became friends. After all, his and her parents were friends. In the end, Tom concluded that it must have been his own fault. “… All right, students, we’re leaving now. Leave all your stuff, except a note pad and some pencils if you want. Come on now…”
The class left and journeyed towards a big stone, and engraved on it was, “Here are our gifts to these heroes.” Enormous towering statues stood behind them. There was one where a boy who looked much like Tom stood, holding some kind of a blade, with a key for the edge, engraved on it was, “Sora the Keyblade Master” The other statues around it included a girl named Kairi, a walking duck named Donald, someone named Goofy, another boy, Riku, holding another keyblade, and mouse named King Mickey with yet another keyblade. Monica was talking to her friends, Tom heard her say something like, “Wow, look at that girl. She is so beautiful.” Tom had a urge to say that Monica was even more beautiful, but he couldn’t.
When Tom got home later on, he changed his clothes, and quickly went to sleep. He had weird dreams. It began with voices calling after each other, “We’re going to go home together Riku, I’m not leaving you!” It sounded like someone was dragging someone else. Then something even weirder happened… Tom could feel wind brushing him as he fell into darkness, then soon, his feet touched something. About a hundred dark ravens flew from beneath Tom, revealing a circular platform. On the platform were pictures of Sora, Riku, Donald, Kairi, Goofy, and King Mickey. A voiced welcomed Tom, “Welcome, about time we found you.”

CHAPTER TWO
“Who’s there?” Tom looked around, but he couldn’t see anything. Only the platform beneath him seemed to be visible, giving off it’s own light. “You don’t have to know now, but we’re here to help you,” squeaked a high friendly voice. Tom looked around again, but failed to see anyone. “Follow the light” said a new voice, a deeper one. A circle of light appeared on the platform. The circle moved off the platform and soared, and behind the light formed steps. The steps seemed to be made of light. Soon the circle settled, and beneath it revealed another platform.
Tom hesitated at first, but decided that this must be a dream, and there was nothing to lose, so he walked up those steps until he reached the circle of light. When he tried to step in it, the light moved to the center of the new platform and two other circles emerged from it, and they moved to either sides of the first circle. A sword appeared floating in the first circle, a shield on the right one, and a staff in the left one. “Choose one of these weapons.” boomed a new voice, sounding much more cheerful than the last voice. Tom shrugged and moved up to the middle one, and took it. “So you emphasize in strength…” said the last voice. The other weapons disappeared. The sword Tom took lighted up. When the light subsided, Tom saw that his sword was no longer there. “Omigosh, this is a Keyblade!” Tom shouted, looking at the Keyblade now in his hands. “Yes it is, and you will have to now use it.” said the first voice Tom heard when he entered this “dream”.
The platform Tom was on started to shake and rumble. “What’s happening?!” Tom started panicking as a shadow was engulfing the platform. Little dark creatures with antennas on them were emerging from it, sprouting endlessly. “Fight them!” said the deep voice. Tom looked around, and began to swing the Keyblade at the creatures. The little monsters vanished into poofs of dark air as Tom swung at them, one by one. It went on like this for a while. But soon Tom thought of something, “Forget this! I’m going to attack the source!” and with that said he thrust the Keyblade and stabbed it into the shadow that engulfed the platform. Several beams of light shot up from the shadow, and all the little monsters were destroyed. Tom took in a deep breath and sighed. “That was close,” said Tom, “Wonder what those little devils were…”
The deep voice answered him, “Those were Heartless, but they aren’t the only bad things you got to watch out for.” The dark shadow subsided, but a gray twilight took its place, shining in the distance. From that came a gray light that filled the darkness around Tom. Things were emerging from it, flying and landing on the platform. The things were as gray as what they came from, and they were about as tall as Tom, and not to mention they were very squiggly. Their bodies moved in such an unusual way… They came nearer to Tom. Tom lifted his weapon and began slashing his strange foes; Tom was getting better at fighting. He was striking with such valiant power. Tom was beginning to strike not only on ground but also in midair, because the monsters were jumping and gliding in the air, forcing him to do so.
Tom began to use some cool skills, one was when he threw his Keyblade at a swarm of monsters, and the Keyblade eliminated all in its way, and then came swishing back to Tom like a boomerang. He began skidding around some monsters, slashing them from their backs. Soon, he decided, that he should try to do what he did last time. Tom tried to stab the platform, but the Keyblade did not pierce it. “Hmm…” Tom looked around for a clue, and then he saw it, the twilight from which the grayness spread and gave birth to these monsters. He began to spin his weapon with all his might, and then he threw the Keyblade straight at the twilight opening. The Keyblade reached its target; the twilight exploded into many different colors upon impact with the Keyblade. The little creatures and the grayness exploded along with it. The Keyblade flew back to Tom. He caught it and smiled, “That was easy.” Tom’s surroundings were full of different colors. Tom looked around and then shouted into the nothingness, “Can I wake up yet?!” A new kind voice, possibly a girl’s voice answered, “Those things were Nobodies, and sure, you can wake up.” Everything went into a blur, wind blew Tom off his feet and he went flying into the abyss of colors, until he reached a bright white light opening. He flew right into it. Tom could see nothing, but he felt soft cushiony surroundings, like a bed. He slowly opened his eyes, hearing, “Shh! He’s waking up!” He looked around him, everything was so different; He wasn’t home any more.

CHAPTER THREE
Tom didn’t see his little room, but instead he saw a huge room with big toony furniture, there were also big windows, showing a garden. Tom looked at what he was laying on, and discovered his bed wasn’t there, instead a giant and luxurious four-poster bed filled its place. What interested Tom the most, however, was that at the end of his bed were four people looking at him. A young teenager who looked about Tom’s age, and even looked like him, was smiling at him with a great big dumb-happy smile, and with him was a beautiful girl, who also was grinning at him. Also, there was a teenager, who looked the most oldest and collected and coolest of all the people near Tom, was leaning against the wall. And a small person was sitting in a chair, the person had big ears, and – wait a minute, that’s a mouse!
“Morning!” chorused all of them. Tom just stared for a moment, and then said, “Where am I? Are you kidnappers?!” The one sitting in a chair smiled and said, “Well… Not exactly, you’re no longer in your world, the Destiny Islands, you’re now in our –” The mouse was interrupted by the boy at the end of Tom’s bed with the voice Tom heard in the his dream, when he was asked to choose a weapon, “Wait a minute, he’s from Destiny Islands? Cool, Tom, I live there!” Tom’s face changed from surprised to extremely shocked, and then he said in a croaky voice, “H-How do you know my name??”
“Oh, well that’s a long story. Let’s start with our names first, I’m Sora, the girl next to me is Kairi, the boy leaning on the wall is Riku, and the mouse over there, no offence your Majesty, is the great King Mickey. You’re Tom, from the future, well at least our future, but to you it is your present time, right,” the boy looked at the mouse, and then when the mouse nodded, the boy continued, “Our time is having some trouble, some big trouble as I heard, and we need as much help as possible to help us fight the problem, oh yeah, it’s our job to fight evil, heh. So we used this, a Keyblade,” the boy lifted a hand, and a Keyblade, not unlike the one Tom just used in his dream, appeared in it, “yup that’s right, the thing you used in your ‘dream’, anyway, so we used it to find hearts worthy of the Keyblade. Basically, we searched for the next owner of a Keyblade, the one who will receive it after me, King Mickey and Riku die,” The boy pointed first at himself, then at the mouse, and then at the young man leaning on the wall, “So the Keyblade looked and looked in the timeline, and finally it found a heart pure and strong enough to hold the Keyblade, that’s right, your heart.” The boy pointed at Tom and continued, “And we couldn’t just jump into the future, well we could, but that would not be advisable. So we instead got to you in your dream, and we led your heart from your world in your present time to this world, Disney Castles, in our present time. Remember all that ‘follow that light’ stuff? We were leading you. Then after you fought all those nasty Heartless and Nobodies, we just gave you a little push, and you flew, that was because of us. Oh, and those voices you heard were ours.”
Tom found all this information overwhelming. “So if all this is right, you guys are pretending to be famous dead people, get away from me you crazy people!!” Tom quickly got out of bed and snatched a lamp and held it like a weapon. The young man leaning on the wall chuckled, and then spoke.
“Hey, we’re not crazy. Look, we needed help to do something, and we found you. Whether you want to help or not is your choice. Now you can either choose to believe us that we’re the real things, or you can somehow try to get back home. Your choice. And besides, how else can we summon this,” the young man lifted his right hand, and then a light surged and then a Keyblade appeared in his hand, “See? I am really Riku, he’s really Sora, she’s really Kairi, and over there is really King Mickey. And, we’re famous in the future? Nice.”
Tom looked around at the room and it’s inhabitants. Nothing seemed bad. Tom lowered the lamp and put it back to its place. “Well, if you really can summon those things,” he pointed at Riku’s Keyblade, “then you must be them. Weird, just yesterday I saw a memorial dedicated to you guys.” Tom jumped with a start; he just realized something. He turned to face King Mickey and gave a bow, “Sorry your Majesty, for my incompetence.” The king laughed, “No need for that, Tom, we’re all equals. I’m better than no one else. Breakfast should be ready about now.” And just at that moment, the door opened. Through it came an oversized duck, it looked happy, and then it said, “Oh good, he woke up! Okay, your Majesty, breakfast is ready!” Then the duck left running, leaving the door open. “That was Donald,” said the king, “If we’re famous, surely he is too?” Tom nodded. “Well let’s eat! Come on!” The king left his seat and marched out of the room. The others followed, and finally Tom did too.
As Tom walked out of the room, he saw a huge hall. As he walked with the rest of the group, he looked at the beautiful garden outside of the hall. The one named Sora slowed down and began to walk with Tom, then he smiled and said, “That’s the garden, in the center is the entrance to the Gummi Ship Hanger, where we can board our Gummi Ship.”
“What’s a Gummi Ship?”
“It’s a kind of space ship that we can customize, and its use is to get us to other worlds. We ride on it.”
“Cool!”
Tom was now starting to feel less scared and happier. Everything here was so much cooler than at his home. At last, after what seemed five minutes, the group entered through a big door. The door was decorated greatly. But what was even better was what was in it.
The dining table was huge. There were huge windows, even bigger than those in the other room that let in huge amounts of beautiful beams of light. The floor was marble, and was stainless. There were loads of chairs and so many plates full of delicious morning food, and the utensils were already placed next to them. If there were anything in the room better than the looks, it would have to be the smell. Delicious smells filled the air, it almost made Tom drool. Tom saw that the others felt the same way. Everyone rushed to a seat. Sora and Kairi sat together. The king sat and end of the table. Riku sat on the opposite side of Sora and Kairi. Tom decided to sit next to Riku. Donald was already sitting by the time they got there, and next to him was—
“That’s Goofy,” whispered Riku to Tom.
All of the delicious plates began to magically move towards everybody. Bacon, eggs, and a little rice was the dish that arrived next to Tom. A drink also appeared next to Tom, it was a nice cup o’ orange juice. Just about when Sora was going to dig in, the door opened. Two walking brooms with arms were the ones who opened it. A mouse walked in with a duck. Riku noticed this and whispered into Tom’s ear, “Ah, that’s the Queen, and beside her is Donald’s girl friend, Daisy.” The Queen took a seat next to the King, and Daisy took a seat next to Donald.
The king raised his goblet o’ milk and said, “Thanks to our wonderful helpers,” he gestured towards the brooms as they took a bow, “We have been bestowed a beautiful breakfast feast! Dig in!” At that moment everyone except Tom did indeed “dig in”. Tom was surprised that they didn’t eat a hole in the table. Tom hesitated at first, trying to decide whether or not to eat. It could be poisoned, thought Tom, but why are they eating? Tom ended up eating, however, because his rumbling stomach made a good debate.
The food was amazing. Tom could not believe that brooms could make such a feast! After awhile, everyone slowed down on eating, apparently full. Sora, Donald, and Goofy started explaining to Tom and Kairi about Gummi Ships. Apparently Kairi has never had been in one. She looked so much like Monica… Wonder where Monica is right now, thought Tom. Then everyone started to talk about their past adventures. About how they crushed countless Heartless and Nobodies. About how they defeated someone they thought was Ansem, but it turned out he was not. About how they beat a dude named
Xemnas. Tom thought this was like having a history class. Then after awhile, Sora started to explain about what Heartless are, then about what Nobodies are. To Tom’s surprise, he Tom actually understood all of this information.
Finally, after what seemed like an hour since they ate, everyone got up. The king said he had some work to do, and suggested everyone else should practice his or her fighting skills. “Okay, everyone follow me, I will lead you to the battle arena,” said the Queen, “Come on, it’s just over here.” Everyone followed. They left the dining room (Tom looked back at the table as he left, and saw all the dishes vanish) and they walked into the hall. After a bit, they arrived at a locked door. The Queen waved her hand at it, and the door swung open. Beyond the doors was a spiral staircase, a LONG one. As soon as everyone was on the staircase, it started to move. The steps moved down like an escalator. Soon the steps stopped and they reached an arena.
The arena was enormous. There were big stands for the audience. And for the battles were weapons scattered all over a rugged ground. “Oh, hold on,” the Queen raised her right hand and snapped her fingers. All of the weapons rose and flew into a giant chest. The rugged ground turned smooth and into a floor similar to a basketball court. The stands became less dirty and started to shine. The arena was ready for battle.

CHAPTER FOUR
“Okay, who wants to fight who first?” Sora almost immediately raised his hand, as Tom did too. “Okay, Tom, over there, Sora, you’re there.” The Queen led Tom to one end of the arena, and led Sora to the opposite side of the arena. “So what am I supposed to do,” asked Tom, “D-Do I just attack Sora?”
“Yes, you are to attack he opponent until they forfeit.”
“Okay, what weapon do I use?”
“A Keyblade, summon it.”
“How?”
Sora demonstrated how; He lifted his right hand and said, “Just concentrate on your heart. How you want to unleash it. See?” A light surged in Sora’s hand and as the light faded, a Keyblade took its place. Sora grasped the Keyblade and held it in a fighting stance. Tom lifted his hand, and thought over and over in his mind, I need to open my heart… Unleash it… Tom felt a wonderful sensation, it was like flying, then a light appeared, and before he knew it, a Keyblade was in his hand. “Good! Now everyone else please take a seat.” Everyone left Tom and Sora for the stands. Once everyone was sitting, the Queen stood upright and said, “Now, I want a clean fight, Sora go easy on him, he’s new, no offence, Tom. Now… Begin!!!”
Sora raised his Keyblade and pointed it at Tom, “Now, this is how to do magic! This one’s Lightning!” A powerful lightning beam emerged from the tip of the Keyblade. It shot right at Tom. There wasn’t enough time to move! Oh no—But for some reason, probably instinct, as soon as the beam was an inch or two away from Tom, Tom used his Keyblade to deflect it. BAM. The beam shot right back at Sora, and knocked him off his feat. Everyone cheered. “Why would you clap when I get a boo-boo?” said Sora, and then he got up with a laugh and a smile. Sora started running straight towards Tom, and then he jumped and spun his Keyblade, then threw it at Tom while still in midair. Tom managed to deflect the Keyblade, but as soon as he did, Sora was right next to him. He caught the Keyblade and started striking Tom. Tom defended with all his might. It was so fast, one mistake could have hurt Tom bad. Tom kept guarding but—a mistake did happen. He defended a hit, but it was too powerful and the weapon flew out of Tom’s hand. Then Sora thrust the Keyblade right at Tom and—stopped. He pointed the blade right at Tom’s throat. “If I was a villan, you would be dead by now. But, still, pretty good.” Sora smiled and offered a hand to Tom. When Tom got up, he smiled too and then he asked a question, “How did you do that lightning thing?
“Oh, let me explain…”
And explained he did. Sora and Tom walked up to the stands to sit. Riku got up and went against Kairi, whose attacks were all magic. As they sat, Sora explained magic. “…and that’s how you do Fire. So I taught you Lightning, Blizzard, and Fire. There are other spells, but that should be good for now. Do you understand the spells?” Tom nodded. Riku’s match just ended, with Kairi as the victor. Next match was Donald against Goofy. Then Sora started to explain Gummi Ships, and how to get to other worlds. And then about how even worlds have hearts. Goofy’s match ended, with Goofy as the victor. Then the Queen went to battle Donald. Sora started to explain about another type of magic, summoning. He explained it quite clear and good. Tom thought it was like an hour or so until Tom was called for another match, against Riku. Tom accepted. Tom fought quite well this time, He used Lightning spells a lot, and Fire spells. He used Blizzard once too. Tom was even able to jump in midair and strike Riku in way similar to what Sora did to him. Tom almost ended up winning, but then he slipped and was zapped with Lightning by Riku. “That was good, though, Tom.” He offered a hand. When Tom got up, the Queen announced,” Okay, good work everybody. That was good training! Now it’s getting kinda late. I suggest you all go to bed. Tom your room is the one you woke up in. Everyone else, you know where your rooms are. Of course, you don’t have to go to sleep. I’ll be in the library if you need me.” Then the Queen left.
Everyone else stayed a bit longer, talking with Tom. Tom never had many friends before. Just two or so, and they were only class friends, they never really visited each other. So talking like this, talking with people who were like friends, made Tom happy. They discussed things like “Tom, who were your friends?” and “How is Destiny Islands like in the future?” When eleven o’ clock showed on a clock on a wall, everyone started to leave. Tom now knew everybody much better, and everyone else now know Tom better too. Tom decided not to go to bed, but to lie in the garden, and gaze at the night stars. Sora and Riku joined him too.
“You know, I never thought I would be here,” said Tom softly. Sora agreed, “Yeah me too, I mean we tried to leave Destiny Islands, but I never thought we would turn out like this, as heroes. How about you Riku?” Riku shrugged in the grass, “I knew, that we would make something of ourselves.” They just sat there looking up at the stars. Tom was the last one to leave that night. As he went to bed, he thought, I like it here…

CHAPTER FIVE
Tom woke up at eight o’ clock. He got up and changed into his day clothes and brushed his teeth, but left his hair messy. Before he left, he summoned the Keyblade to his right hand. Smiling, he walked out the door with his Keyblade, looking out at the garden; he noticed that the Sun was beaming brightly today. He walked slowly towards the dining room. When he opened the door, he found the same delicious looks and smells as yesterday. Only, Riku was the only one there besides Tom. “Where’s everyone else?” asked Tom. Riku was sitting in a chair both eating and reading a book at the same time. He looked up and said, “Good morning! Sora and Kairi are in their room talking about what they did when they were apart a couple months ago.”
“Apart?” asked Tom as he took a seat, and then when he sat, his Keyblade dissapeared.
“Well, I guess they were. Anyway, Donald and Goofy are examining the Gummi Ship, and the King and Queen are still asleep, I think. I think you and me are the only one’s who wanted to eat breakfast. Those brooms sure know how to cook!” Riku took a big bite out of a loaf of bread. Dishes flew to Tom, there were eggs, pancakes, steaming rice, and buttered bread galore. A goblet appeared next to Tom; today it was full of milk. Tom couldn’t contain himself; he ate so much. About two fried eggs, two bacon strands, three loafs of bread, and five cakes were stuffed into Tom’s mouth within one minute. “Watch out! You’ll choke!”
Tom responded in a stuffed mouth, “Wel’, as lon’ as m’ taste buds ar’ happ’” Riku laughed and asked, “What did you say? Don’t talk with your mouth open!” After a bit, Riku left the dining room, he said he was going to the library to return the book he was reading. Tom decided to take a stroll through the garden and perhaps check out the Gummi Ship Hanger. And just as Tom walked out of the dining room, a loud alert and alarm sounded. “ DANGER!! THE CASTLE HAS BEEN BREACHED!! EVERYBODY TO THE AUDIENCE CHAMBER, THE QUEEN WILL PROTECT!!! SORA, RIKU, KAIRI, AND TOM ARE TO REPORT TO THE KING IN THE GUMMI SHIP HANGER!! DANGER!!” The alert went on like this several times. Tom rushed to the garden. Along the way he saw Riku, Sora, and Kairi. “What’s going on?” asked Kairi. Tom shrugged. Tom and the others kept running towards the garden house that was the entrance to the Gummi Ship Hanger. But something made them stop. A shadow was covering the once bright sky. Heartless. They were emerging all over the place. The little ones’ called Shadows were appearing with no stop. Tom was going to summon his Keyblade, but as if Riku knew what he was going to do, he said, “Tom! Don’t engage them into battle, ONLY ATTACK IF THEY ARE BLOCKING YOUR WAY! We need to get to the Hanger, right now!” Tom did as he was told. They rushed through the swarm of Shadows. Finally they reached the entrance. The door opened for them, and closed as soon as they all got in.
There were no Heartless in here. Tom and the others descended down the spiral staircase quickly without a word. Finally they reached the Gummi Ship Hanger, or at least Tom thought it was. There were so many gadgets and gizmos. And best of all, there were two Gummi Ships. Tom saw Donald, Goofy, and the King already there. “Good, you’re here,” said the King, “Okay, don’t worry about the castle, the Queen will protect it. I have already given notice to her that we will be leaving. Tom, you will have to go with the others. I will go alone.” Sora looked at him and asked, “What do you mean? Last time we separated, we almost did not find each other! We can’t separate! We must all stay together!” The King shook his head, “ I am touched, Sora, that you care for me, but I must do something. I will meet you real soon. I will send you a message when I am ready to meet. For now, it is best you don’t know where I’m going.
“Your mission info is this: Something bad is happening in the future, and the bad guys behind it are going to different time periods, like ours, and recruiting allies. They are also trying to sap power out of worlds so they can use that power for their weapons. These bad guys control Heartless and Nobodies somehow, and they are trying to make other kinds of living weapons, the weapons they want the power for. Your job is to make sure that they don’t mess up the Timeline, and to try to protect the worlds and take down their allies. Make sure to go to all of the worlds; you never know what’s brewing in there. Also, you are protecting this time period for now. When we meet again, you’ll be able to protect another time period… Chip and Dale, make sure they’re safe in the Gummi ship.” Tom looked down and noticed two little beings. They nodded and saluted. “Okay I got to go.”
The King boarded his ship. The platform on which the ship rested lifted and soon the ship was out of sight. Then they all heard a BOOM. They knew this meant that the King must have taken off. Tom and the others boarded their ship. When Tom stepped in, he almost couldn’t believe his eyes. There was so much technology in the ship. There were three seats in the front, but in an instant, three more chairs appeared behind the other three. Sora took the front middle one, with Donald and Goofy on the seats beside him. Kairi sat in the back left chair, Tom took the back middle seat, and Riku took the back right chair. Chip and Dale walked to the back of the ship and entered through a door. They reappeared on a screen on the upper part of the ship’s windshield. They started talking,
“Okay, there are only a two worlds open at the moment; Olympus Coliseum and a new world,” they paused and… BOOM; they were in space, “So which world do you want to go to?”
Sora looked around at everybody. “I think we should go for Olympus, because we know that place, and we would be faster at finding trouble because we know our way around, or at least me, Donald and Goofy does,” said Sora, and everyone nodded, “Okay, Chip and Dale, set a course to Olympus!” Chip and Dale nodded and the screen changed into a route map, then Chip and Dale’s voices was heard, “Just follow that route. Apparently there aren’t any Nobody ships, but there are some Heartless Ships. Oh, and watch out for normal traveling citizen ships, don’t hit them or shoot them. They seem to be heading towards Olympus too… Guess there’s a tournament. Perfect place to cause trouble unseen, in the hustle and bustle of a crowd… Anyway, watch your backs! Remember, don’t hit any of the citizen ships, they’re just innocent citizens heading for a match! Okay, follow the route.”
The screen disappeared. Sora smiled and took hold of a steering wheel, then he said, “Hold on, it going to be a bumpy ride…”

CHAPTER SIX
After just three minutes, Tom felt like puking. The ship was twisting and turning and flipping at such a fast speed. “Ohhh…” said Tom, “Is riding the Gummi ship always like this?” Sora responded as he was driving, “Yup” Tom heard blasting noises and looked ahead out the windshield. There were tons of Heartless ships; Sora was dipping and dodging all of them, while shooting at all he could. “Oh, there’s a citizen ship, better not hit it…” The ship took a sharp turn and spun around. “Yahoo! Gosh, I love driving the Gummi Ship,” yelled Sora, but apparently not everybody shared his opinion, “Aww, guys, it’s not that—bad.” The ship took a sharp descend between the time when Sora was saying “that” and “bad”. After a bit, the ship finally stopped. The screen came up again, and Chip and Dale were shown. “Okay, we’ll teleport you down to a save spot, go into the teleport chamber.” Sora led the group into a blue chamber. Lights surged on the blue chamber walls. Sora apparently saw the shocked faces on Riku, Kairi, and Tom; they have never been in a Gummi ship. “Don’t worry, teleporting isn’t bad, right Donald and Goofy?” Donald and Goofy nodded. Chip and Dales voices sounded again, “Okay, we’ll be waiting for your return. Just go to a save point and choose to go back to the Gummi ship, and you’ll be teleported back! Of course, you remember that though. Also, we’ll be trying to pilot the Gummi ship to make sure that no baddie ship lands. Okay, ready?” Everybody say yes. A bright light surged overhead from the ceiling. The light turned light green and started to emit a beam that began to spin around the chamber. Then the light blinded everybody for a second or two. Then it subsided.
As Sora opened his eyes, he saw a great huge coliseum, and sand all around. Behind the group was some kind of a dark portal. “Oh, that’s the entrance to the Underworld,” said Sora when he saw the bewildered faces of his friends, “The Underworld is a very bad place, where the bad end up. Me, Donald, and Goofy fought in some tournaments there. And it’s where we met our friend, Auron. Anyway, the Coliseum was in wreck last time we were here. Now they fixed it! It looks even better. We gained our Hero licenses there. Come on, let’s see if Herc is there.” Sora led the group to the Coliseum, and when they reached the front entrance, they heard so many voices. When they opened the doors, they discovered an angry crowd shouting. “People! People! The matches will occur. We are just asking you to be patient! There has been a simple delay! No worries,” said a buff man standing on a chair in front of the crowd. “Hercules! That’s Herc! Come on!” Sora led everybody to the front of the crowd, getting pushed and shoved along the way. Soon they reached Hercules. “Hey Herc, what’s up here?” asked Sora.
Hercules looked down and his face turned happy. “Hey! Are these your friends? Cool! Can I speak to you guys in private for a second?”
“Sure.” answered everybody.
Hercules led them to a door and ushered them in. Once inside, Sora noticed that this was the trophy room. He saw the trophies of all of the Coliseum tournaments he, Donald, and Goofy won in the past. Once Hercules got in the room, he quickly shut the door, and the sounds of the angry mob were drowned out. “Okay, I really need hel! I’m holding a tournament, but some kind of dark force barrier is making the arena inaccessible. I’m pretty sure it’s because of Hades. I could start the matches else where, but I worry for the safety of our competitors, even if I do supervise, Hades could try to hurt. That’s why everybody is angry. They want to see the matches and compete, but I can’t let them battle, just in case. I want to go into the Underworld and settle things, but I can’t. I need to make sure this crowd doesn’t get out of hand, since Phil isn’t here.”
“Where’s Phil?”
“He had to visit someplace, he didn’t tell me where. Anyway, so will you guys check what’s going on there? And fix the problem? Please?”
Sora looked to everyone and said, “Well, sure. We’re looking for something, and we’re pretty sure your problem might also be our problem. And besides, you’re our friend.”
“Thanks! Auron should be down there, I heard that he hasn’t had much to do, he’ll probably be ecstatic to see you guys. Oh, and here, for your troubles.” Herc gave Sora a little cloud-with-lightning key chain. “Attach it to your Keyblade, and it’ll turn into a powerful upgrade.”
“Um, great! Can we have two more? My friends, Riku and Tom, also have Keyblades.”
“Wow, heh, thought there was only one. Well, okay, here.” Hercules handed them to Sora, and Sora handed one to Tom, and the other to Riku. “Thanks!” said Tom.
“No problem. Now, for the lady, this is a crystal necklace. If you wear this, your magic skills will be phenomenal.” He handed it to Kairi, who smiled.
“Now for Donald and Goofy. Donald, you can have this staff, it is enhanced by many enchantments. And for you, Goofy, you can have this tough shield, made by the best crafters in this world.” He handed Donald the staff, and then he gave Goofy the shield. “Gawsh, thanks!” said Goofy. Donald also said thanks.
“Okay, we should get going, friends,” said Sora leading them out of the trophy room. They managed to get through the angry crowd and into the great sand field outside of the Coliseum. The group walked towards the big black swirling hole they saw before. “Okay, lets go!”

CHAPTER SEVEN
“Into the abyss of darkness...”
“Don’t question it…”
“Just let it embrace you…”
“Huh?” Sora looked around at his Underworld surroundings. Sora turned to his friends, “Was I the only one who heard that?”
“Heard what?” questioned Donald.
Sora looked confused, but then smiled and said, “Never mind.”
Sora and the others traveled down the dark stony steps to the base of the Underworld. But when they reached solid ground, nothing was familiar.
Goofy was shocked at his surroundings. “Garwsh! This isn’t how the Underworld looked before!”
In Sora and the gang’s past adventures, the entrance of the Underworld was like a doorway to three different places, but now…
Huge rocks tore upward all around, blocking all ways. Creepy black water gushed between cracks of these rocks.
Sora looked around for an entrance to any thing, but found nothing. “Hmm… Maybe we should head back, and ask Herc for some directions.”
Sora walked towards the stairs back up to Olympus Coliseum, but when he reached the first step…
“OW!”
Sora fell back hard on his butt. “A force field?”
Riku stepped forward and examined this. He felt around, and his hand moved on what looked like an invisible wall. “Yup. That’s some powerful darkness. I don’t think it can be took down unless we find the source. I think we should continue on.”
“But,” Sora asked, “Where? The Underworld looks like it’s been wrecked. There’s rocks everywhere! And that water? I’m pretty sure it’s not to be touched without having a death wish.”
Riku chuckled mysteriously. “Then destroy them, you wimp!” Riku moved towards one of the huge bolder rock nearby. He smiled at Sora and the others and lifted one of his hands. A bright light appeared and faded as Riku’s keyblade took its place in his hands. “Heh… Watch!” Riku slashed the rock with a single blow. Nothing happened.
Sora laughed. “Looks like you’re not such a tough guy!”
Riku chuckled.
Sora frowned, “Huh?”
A weird crumbling noise was heard. A single crack appeared on the bolder. And then another... And then another hundred. The bolder blew up in millions of pieces.
Riku turned back to the others and smiled. “Humph. Your turn.”
Sora looked dumbstruck. “What?!”
Tom laughed. “Let me.” Tom stepped up to another bolder and summoned his keyblade. “Like this?”
Tom slashed with all his might.
The bolder stood still.
Riku stepped up. “Nah. You need to be in touch with your power, not strength. Sora, you show him.”
Sora smiled and walked to Tom’s bolder. Sora summoned his keyblade, and with all his heart, he slashed…
The slash gave a crack, but that’s it.
“Sora,” said Riku, “It’s not about strength. It’s about balancing your power. Back then… When the darkness had a hold on me… I had to balance the darkness, or it would devour me alive. That’s what you need to do. You must focus not on only strength, but on everything, or you’ll just blow out. Don’t you understand?”
Sora looked stumped, but then a sense of enlightenment filled his face.
“Roxas,” Sora whispered to himself, “I know you’re in my heart. I need your help.”

“Sora?” whispered a familiar voice, “I’ll try.”

Sora smiled, and struck again, but this time, not with strength, but the power of his heart. The bolder smashed into pieces instantly.
Riku smiled as the others clapped. “Now,” Riku said to Tom, “Use your heart this time”
Tom nodded, and sighed. “I gotcha.” Tom’s face became serious as he prepared his slash.
“YAH!”
Tom slashed with all his heart, like Sora, and the bolder blew up.
Everyone clapped.
Donald stepped forward. “Hey,” he shouted, “Look! You guys made a path!”
Beyond the shattered rock pieces, laid a path into a deeper part of the Underworld.
Kairi was the first to step on the path, and smiled back at the others,
“Well, you guys coming?”

CHAPTER EIGHT
Kairi led the group down the winding path. Eerie moaning noises and slimy watery drips were heard. Sora was creeped out. “Wonder where this goes…” asked Sora, “It was never here before…”
A dark green mist started to grow around the group.
The deeper the group went, the more the dark green mist around them grew. At one point, it was so thick that Tom coughed.
“What,” Tom questioned between coughs, “is this?!”
Riku looked annoyed. “We gotta hurry. This mist seems to be toxic.”
Donald smiled, though coughing, and said, “No worries. Just like I made us breath under water in Alantica, I’ll make us breath here!”
And with a swish of his staff, the air suddenly tasted better.
Sora smiled, but squinted his eye through the thick mist, and said, “But it’s still hard to see! Any ideas?”
“That’s my cue!” Kairi exclaimed. “Here ya go!”
Atop Kairi’s hand emitted an orb of light. As the light grew, the mist faded.
It took the group a while, but they eventually reached a base ground again.
It was a rocky platform, and quite a big one, at that.
“Where are we?” asked Goofy.
Riku looked around, “I don’t know… But I sense some bad stuff…”
Hey!” said Sora, “Look! A door!”
Sora pointed towards a big chamber door. He crept closer, and put his ear on the door.
Two voices were heard.
“Unghh…” That voice sounded as if in pain.
And then, an angry voice sound, “Have you not learned yet? You may be powerful here, but you reckon with forces you cannot handle! Do not disobey us again!”
A weird slashing noise was heard, and the weak voice moaned in pain again.
Sora couldn’t take this; someone was getting hurt!
Sora busted the door open with a mighty push.
“Huh?” Sora was astounded.
Hades, the God of the Underworld, was on the floor, gasping in pain, and next to him, stood a tall cloaked figure with a blade.
The cloaked figure looked at Sora, and then at the keyblade. “Is it really you…? Humph.”
It drew its blade in a fighting position. “Gimme the keyblade, or else.”
Sora laughed, “Always the same line,” said Sora, and as the rest of the gang came in, Sora added, “And looks like you’re outnumbered.”
The cloaked figure laughed, and responded, “Maybe in numbers, but in power? Hardly.”
It looked like it was ready to strike, but then…
A huge inferno flame rose from the ground.
“Go…” Hades said in pain, “I can’t keep… him off… for long…”
Sora was bewildered. “Why are you helping us?!”
Hades chuckled softly, “Heh… Don’t ask. But if he destroys you guys… The world won’t have a chance, and I’ll never get to rule it… GO!”
Sora stood there for a moment, and nodded. “Let’s go guys!” Sora led the others out.
When running up the path the came through before, Sora pondered about this…
Hades was brought to the ground? He’s immortal, so why is he in pain?! And that blade man… Who is he?! Is he part of the bad guys the King talked about?!

I will be adding more chapters! Stay tuned!
Feel free to comment or suggest stuff on the story :)

iShadow
01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
BUMP! Added Chapter Seven :)

iShadow
01-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Bumpty do dah! At least comment a part of the story, please..

Dudetteroxs
01-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I finished! YAY! I liked it! Write more.

Hee, Tidus was in the first chapter.

:6: Dudetteroxs

iShadow
01-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I finished! YAY! I liked it! Write more.

Hee, Tidus was in the first chapter.

:6: Dudetteroxs

Thanks! Finally someone read the whole thing...
I'm making the next chapter as we speak!

P.S. What was your favorite chapter?
Another P.S. I'm giving Yuna and the Gullwings a big part in this story later on..

Dudetteroxs
01-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks! Finally someone read the whole thing...
I'm making the next chapter as we speak!

P.S. What was your favorite chapter?
Another P.S. I'm giving Yuna and the Gullwings a big part in this story later on..

Sixth.

YAY YUNA AND THE GULLWINGS! *dances*

iShadow
01-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Okeydokey! I added Chapter Eight!

Dudetteroxs
01-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Okeydokey! I added Chapter Eight!

Yay! I liked it. ^^

iShadow
01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Yay! I liked it. ^^

What part did you like most about it?

Dudetteroxs
01-28-2007, 08:34 PM
What part did you like most about it?

Hades chuckled softly, “Heh… Don’t ask. But if he destroys you guys… The world won’t have a chance, and I’ll never get to rule it… GO!”
Sora stood there for a moment, and nodded. “Let’s go guys!” Sora led the others out.
When running up the path the came through before, Sora pondered about this…
Hades was brought to the ground? He’s immortal, so why is he in pain?! And that blade man… Who is he?! Is he part of the bad guys the King talked about?!

^^ That part. I liked that part. :D

iShadow
01-28-2007, 08:37 PM
^^ That part. I liked that part. :D

Yea, I think it was cool how Hades helped, and I also like the mystery of it :)

iShadow
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna bump this up! Even though I haven't made a new chapter yet...

iShadow
02-14-2007, 03:04 AM
I'm gonna bump this up! Even though I haven't made a new chapter yet...

Repeat! Hope to have more readers!

jackanddabeat
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I wanna Nightmare chapter! Yay NBC!

iShadow
03-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Bump!
Dang, I gotta get back to writing!

Zero0911
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
That was fun to read

iShadow
04-20-2007, 10:31 PM
That was fun to read

Thanks.
Maybe I'll continue it. No promises though.