View Full Version : I spilled gatorade on my keyboardHLP

x BoraBora
01-17-2007, 12:20 AM
So is anything going to go crazy I unplugged keyboard and im copy paste letters from essays i saved in my computer now what? my parents are going to be mad lol i no water is kinda ok to spill but what about gatorade so annoying i dont have a space bar sorry guys

PaperClip
01-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Get/A/New/Keyboard. They/are/cheap.

:)

Jurassic park fan
01-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Try plugging your keyboard back in. If that doesn't work, wait for a while, watch TV, have your parents yell at you (;)), Then come back. My Language Arts teacher spills COFFEE on her keyboard all the time, and that poor thing still works.

Neoteny
01-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Wow. What a frustrating way to type that must be!

Imo
01-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I have one question and one solution.

The question: How come you have "im copy" and you said you can't use a space bar?

Solution: Buy a new keyboard, they aren't that expensive.

Thenishall
01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Why/Are/We/Typing/Like/This? Rofl.
Park, yeah, Ms. Shannon always spills coffee on the poor keyboard, LOL.
I agree with low, get a new keyboard if nessicary.

Neoteny
01-17-2007, 01:21 AM
I have one question and one solution.

The question: How come you have "im copy" and you said you can't use a space bar?

Solution: Buy a new keyboard, they aren't that expensive.
One can always copy and paste spaces, too, you know.

manunderwater
01-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Why/Are/We/Typing/Like/This? Rofl.
Park, yeah, Ms. Shannon always spills coffee on the poor keyboard, LOL.
I agree with low, get a new keyboard if nessicary.

he is typing like that because he doesn't have a space bar.

chickieepooh2u
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok, theres been kool aid spilled on mine before. If you don't want to get a new one. Unplug the keyboard, flip it over and unscrew the screws and take it apart. From there you will be able to take a damp cloth and wipe it down. Use a blow dryer to dry it off. Oh and be carelful to to take all the keys off at one time, otherwise you might not remember where they all go. I used a digital camera to take a pic of the keyboard so I knew were the key went. Big help there. When its dry you can put it back together and it should work like new. You might be icked out by what you find in there though. lol

x BoraBora
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
So, I'm on my brother's computer.I hung my keyboard upside down after putting it under the showerhead in warm water, which is what some googled thing told me to do. Most of the keys seem fine, only the w, spac
e, some other keys, and number keys are a bit haywire. When I plug the keyboard in, the mouse freezes and I can't move it. When I unplug it, the mouse works.

I would get a new keyboard, if I liked the new keyboards.

Any other tips?

redskinslover
01-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree with everyone else. If your keyboard is going haywire...why NOT want a new one?

Neoteny
01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I would get a new keyboard, if I liked the new keyboards.
What's wrong with new keyboards?

SmileyLOLkid
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I/have/dropped/apples/on/mine,/broken/mine/and/much/more/and/the/funny/ thing/is/this/this/all/happened/while/I/was/playing/VMK!!!

Tip: I know it will be a pain in the butt but it is still better than nothing...

Whenever you have to put a space, do this: /, if you have to click something, unplug the keyboard and then then click it, and it doesn't matter if you like the new keyboards or not, thy're all you've got

oh and when you put #'s just spell them out for instance like: 1=One 2=two... I think you got it

and try not to write words with W (bad example, write, words, with, and W all use a W LOL)

Dudetteroxs
01-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I spilt water on mine all the time. For some reason, it's fine now...

I suggest getting a new one as well...

Chaelle
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I spilled ice cream on my keyboard once.
Talk about sticky keys...
~Chaelle

x BoraBora
01-18-2007, 12:45 AM
(Still on my brothers computer)
The problem with new keyboards is that they have very shiny keys. I dislike shiny keys. Also, none of them match my computer. I have major OCD lol. I would still rather fix my keyboard than buy a new one, evern though they are very cheap. I'm going to try to unscrew it, If i find the right screwdriver thing a ma jig.

I am very mad at myself.
I just inhaled a large quantity of water through my nose and in my mouth, and just spat it out on my brother's keyboard.
Oh brother.

PaperClip
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
(Still on my brothers computer)
The problem with new keyboards is that they have very shiny keys. I dislike shiny keys. Also, none of them match my computer. I have major OCD lol. I would still rather fix my keyboard than buy a new one, evern though they are very cheap. I'm going to try to unscrew it, If i find the right screwdriver thing a ma jig.

I am very mad at myself.
I just inhaled a large quantity of water through my nose and in my mouth, and just spat it out on my brother's keyboard.
Oh brother.
Solution: Spray Paint. And they aren't shiny. They are usually reflections of the monitor. Solution to shiny: Spray Paint.

New keyboards are very cheap, and you complain about your keyboard not matching, hah, you should look at mine.

PrincessWall
01-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Shiny? I like shiny. Anyways, shiny is not the only type of keyboard that's out there...
♥Wall

PaperClip
01-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Shiny? I like shiny. Anyways, shiny is not the only type of keyboard that's out there...
♥Wall
That was my point ;)

Noelle
01-19-2007, 03:23 AM
You could always look for a used one that might have the kind of keys that you like and match your computer better.

x BoraBora
01-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Good news and bad news..
I got a new keyboard finally!
It took me forever to find the right one.
And I decorated it teal to match my computer!
rofl
Bad news is
I have a ton of math homework!

PaperClip
01-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Umm, good and bad job!

themagicplayer
01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
i fell your pain

alubadubdub
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I used to always fake that happened and do it on neopets rofl, but that was a long time ago >_<

anyways I would just go out and buya new keyboard or you can try hosing it off with water to get rid of the stickyness but that might make it worse.

EDIT

lol you did that right choice to buy a new one.

PrincessBellexoxo
01-28-2007, 11:16 PM
lol good job im glad you got over your ocd. just be careful around the new keyboard. lol

PaperClip
01-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Now, just don't do the same to this one!