View Full Version : Pins for prizes? Come on we need more.

Super Megaquack
06-25-2005, 10:47 AM
We really should stop awarding pins as prizes for games. I can't tell you how many esmerelda pins I have from them being 1 of the only pins as prizes. We should do what we dd in the beginningof the game, give out furniture, at least posters. Theirs no pointof prizes if your going to give a cheap pin, for most pepole it just takes space.

Miss MeowsALot
06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
True. And you can't sell some pins so the other players get stuck with them. That happened to me. I hate having more then one of every those pin. I never give out pins at my games. I give out other stuff.

PurpleMonkey
06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
In my room - The Game Room

I give out firniture always, because I hated just getting a pin or poster for winning. I also added this cool thing to my room. I have four teleporters and if you win you pick one to go in. Each one has different prizes, some even have coffin teleporters as a prize. I also try to give out at least more than one prize.

P.S. Stop by my room some time. My name is Purple Monkey.

XtremeDude
06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I give out pins if it's the only prize i have left.
Then i pull the old. Come back in two hours for the finals trick.
Works every time. ;)

FlyThenFall
06-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I am sadly a pin giver-awayer. But I usually pair them up with a poster or at least 2 or 3 pins for a winner, so is that ok? I didn't know people felt this way about giving pins for prizes.

DoublethePop
06-25-2005, 04:09 PM
I give out furniture if someone pays to keep playing, if not, I either give a piece of furniture that I'm not using or two-three pins.

prisoner
06-25-2005, 04:10 PM
We really should stop awarding pins as prizes for games. I can't tell you how many esmerelda pins I have from them being 1 of the only pins as prizes. We should do what we dd in the beginningof the game, give out furniture, at least posters. Theirs no pointof prizes if your going to give a cheap pin, for most pepole it just takes space.

Pins cost 25 credits.
Posters 40.
Furniture 50 and up.

That means that if I hand out posters, I can only afford to run 62.5% of the games I do now before going broke. If I hand out furniture, I can only run half.

There is no point in offering prizes at all if I can't afford to buy them.

As I say elsewhere (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10409&postcount=31), what I really want to do is to be able to create a special pin and hand those out. I would love to be able to get something that I can put into making these pins, but I would cope if not. I think this would solve both our concerns.

Super Megaquack
06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
then do not have prizes at all, or et more, it sucks getting 10 esmerelda pins, please do't give them as prizes unless it is the last possibleoption and yor brokefor the day.

Whar
06-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I mean you actually get something and besides, if you don't want it, maybe you should ask what the prizes are before participating. Or maybe you shouldn't play these games at all, because no offence, but you seem to demand alot from those generous people who give things out. If you want to get something bigger, maybe you should spend your precious time (no sarcasm here folks, time is precious) playing a game worth your while like Pirates or the Jungle Cruise. You get credits and the more you get, the more you can buy. Best of all, you've got the power to choose what you want!

RoyalHighness
06-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Well, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I mean you actually get something and besides, if you don't want it, maybe you should ask what the prizes are before participating. Or maybe you shouldn't play these games at all, because no offence, but you seem to demand alot from those generous people who give things out. If you want to get something bigger, maybe you should spend your precious time (no sarcasm here folks, time is precious) playing a game worth your while like Pirates or the Jungle Cruise. You get credits and the more you get, the more you can buy. Best of all, you've got the power to choose what you want!(applause).

Max Twinklescooter
06-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Well, it's better than nothing, isn't it? I mean you actually get something and besides, if you don't want it, maybe you should ask what the prizes are before participating. Or maybe you shouldn't play these games at all, because no offence, but you seem to demand alot from those generous people who give things out. If you want to get something bigger, maybe you should spend your precious time (no sarcasm here folks, time is precious) playing a game worth your while like Pirates or the Jungle Cruise. You get credits and the more you get, the more you can buy. Best of all, you've got the power to choose what you want!
I normally give lots of prizes for the first few people who play i then began to lower it all they way down to the Tomorrow land pins since my game is not too hard I think giving a lot a prizes is a not so smart thing I do i normally play room games for the fun not the prizes lol there just nice to have. -Max Twinklescooter aka Bobby on VMK

prisoner
06-25-2005, 10:59 PM
then do not have prizes at all, or et more, it sucks getting 10 esmerelda pins, please do't give them as prizes unless it is the last possibleoption and yor brokefor the day.

I've had people yell at me because I didn't offer prizes.

It sounds like you're telling me I am in a no-win situation. :confused:

If I offer nothing, people will hate the game.
If I offer pins, people will hate me.
If I offer posters or furniture, I have to run fewer games, and people will still hate me.

There is a lot of hate going around.

shiregirl
06-25-2005, 11:34 PM

If I offer posters or furniture, I have to run fewer games, and people will still hate me.

LOL. I say keep up with whatever it is you're doing. You must be doing something right: I have heard really cool things about your room. I need to stop by to see it. Sounds cool!

Haunted Grim
06-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi all just had to post on this one,
As far a prizes go,

A free prize is a free prize.
I believe in being thankful for whatever gifts you are given.

This has been the first full week of my,
Haunted Mansion Game Show.
So far so good.

To all that participate in the game.
I believe in giving a parting gift,
Real game shows do this as well.

As far as pins go,
Sure, I buy some and give them away,
But I buy Haunted Mansion and Santa Jack.
Those you have to purchase,
And they go with the theme of my show.

Also,
I believe in giving 40 credit prizes and above,
For those that actually participate in the game.
Grand Prize winners receive misc high end/ high credit items.

In all,
Those of us that put on:
Game shows, Ride rooms, Comedy clubs, Diners, etc
Go out, work hard, and spend our time playing the games,
To be able to afford those prizes given.

Think of this,
To receive 1000 credits,
You need to place over 200, 000 points,
On the Fire works game roughly 11 times.
That's well over a hour people.

So to end this forever post,
The next time you win a game,
If all they offer is a pin,

1 - Consider if this is all they can afford?
2 - How long did it take to obtain that gift for you?
3 - And if you already have the gift,
Politely ask if something else is available,
Or simply decline the prize,
If they don't have anything else.

At most you had fun playing the game,
And in all your playing the VMK anyway,
What's a few extra moments
In another persons room,
Running around playing a game?

Haunted Grim

MrGenie
06-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Is this a poem? :D

Stopped by tonight...great room, HauntedGrim! Good luck with the games.

Kycha
06-26-2005, 05:54 AM

I agree. I play the games for the fun of it, not for what the prize is. I especially enjoyed the Submarine Races Entrance.

Taryn
06-26-2005, 06:13 AM
I personally play the games for fun. Well, I play Falling Furniture for fun, I just play trivia games to show off :D Frankly, that is good enough for me, and the prize, whether it be an Esmerelda Pin, or a Madame Leota Crystal ball, is just an added bonus! :)

SpinMarty
06-26-2005, 06:17 AM

I totally missed your room! I need to see it.

As far as prizes go I just say hey - i have no credits so we are playing for fun. That way if people wish to stay then cool if not then cool.

SpinMarty
06-26-2005, 06:19 AM
I personally play the games for fun. Well, I play Falling Furniture for fun, I just play trivia games to show off :D Frankly, that is good enough for me, and the prize, whether it be an Esmerelda Pin, or a Madame Leota Crystal ball, is just an added bonus! :)

Taryn is good at the trivia too! WOOT WOOT

Taryn
06-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Taryn is good at the trivia too! WOOT WOOT

Hehe, thanks!! :D :D :D

Super Megaquack
06-26-2005, 10:00 AM

Still, I think itsbeter to run fewer games. I always give away furniture prizes, oly once I gve a poster. At least hand out posters pepole. And pins tome ourusless and worse then nothing. And also, when someone gets a pin, theygo home and use the new pin for a prize,and so on. At least buypins and don't give out esmerelda and yeti pins. Now I decline all the pins I'm offered, their usually worthless. I really think you should buy furniture, aassome peppole usegamerooms to earn things, those who are bad games.(use to be me, after I finished pirate, but with the only pin prizes, I gave up, if the hauntedmansion dosen't help and the pinprizes is not fixed, then I may as well quit)

prisoner
06-29-2005, 09:36 AM
At least buypins and don't give out esmerelda and yeti pins.

You've convinced me - I only give out pins that I buy as prizes (I usually only get Alice pins, but if someone donates other returnable pins I might hand those out).

I will even make this offer - anyone who has any of the NPC pins, I will trade for a sellable pin. Just find me when I'm not too busy. I promise I won't hand these out as prizes - I just intend to take them off people's hands.

shiregirl
06-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I promise I won't hand these out as prizes - I just intend to take them off people's hands.

Doof! I missed that some how Prisoner. lol Guess you don't need my pins then! :D

prisoner
06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Doof! I missed that some how Prisoner. lol Guess you don't need my pins then! :D

Well, I added that last sentance after I got your PM, just to make sure I was clear. I did appreciate your offer, however. :)

sonofshine
06-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I give out pins ^-^ However i give away pins that you can sell if you don't want and fit the theme of my room. I found that my game is fun enough that I don't need prizes, but include them none-the-less ^-^ People play anyways and understand i am poor from the large amount of coffin teleporters in my room...i only have room to fit a few more :)