View Full Version : VMKF Chat Help Request

smrtfriendship
01-03-2007, 06:11 AM
For the past months, I haven't been able to get on the VMKF chat. One day I went on, everything perfect. The next day, I couldn't log on. When I try to connect to the server, I recieve this:

[22:03] Connecting...
[22:03] Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect

I am requesting some assistance to fix this problem.

AstroCool_Dude
01-03-2007, 06:12 AM
I got that too did you get a pop-up that asked something?

If so just click okay or accept it won't do anything

smrtfriendship
01-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I got that too did you get a pop-up that asked something?

If so just click okay or accept it won't do anything

I only got a pop up that says: Do you want to block this program?

I always click unblock. This message popped up when I was able to log on too. I don't think this message contributed to my problem.

AstroCool_Dude
01-03-2007, 06:18 AM
That's the message I got I clicked unblock and a few others sometimes hmm then I can't help sorry

smrtfriendship
01-03-2007, 06:20 AM
That's the message I got I clicked unblock and a few others sometimes hmm then I can't help sorry

That's ok. Thanks for trying though! :-D I appreciate it.

TooHip
01-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Do you have an Anti-Virus program? Some of them *cough*McAfee*cough* block the ports used for IRC by default. A simple test would be to TEMPORARILY disable your Anti-Virus and try to connect. If that works, you know its the cause of your trouble and you'll have to find the settings that disables IRC (usually blocking ports 6666-6669) and change them if you want to use live chat.

smrtfriendship
01-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Do you have an Anti-Virus program? Some of them *cough*McAfee*cough* block the ports used for IRC by default. A simple test would be to TEMPORARILY disable your Anti-Virus and try to connect. If that works, you know its the cause of your trouble and you'll have to find the settings that disables IRC (usually blocking ports 6666-6669) and change them if you want to use live chat.

Ok, I can log on now. Thanks so much for you help! It turns out that I recently just installed an Anti-Virus program.

PaperClip
01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Ok, I can log on now. Thanks so much for you help! It turns out that I recently just installed an Anti-Virus program.
Hehe, I had McAffe Virus Scan Enterprise 2003 on all my computers, but now that TooHop mentioned that McAffe could be the problem, I disabled it and then got back in. So earlier today, I ordered AVG VS and SW protection.

The thing is, I have McAffe VS Enterprise 2003 on all my other computers and I am still able to access IRC. :new_year:

gigarichard
01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Hehe, I had McAffe Virus Scan Enterprise 2003 on all my computers, but now that TooHop mentioned that McAffe could be the problem, I disabled it and then got back in. So earlier today, I ordered AVG VS and SW protection.

The thing is, I have McAffe VS Enterprise 2003 on all my other computers and I am still able to access IRC. :new_year:
Same here. McAffe hasn't been a problem for me.

PaperClip
01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Same here. McAffe hasn't been a problem for me.
Wait, I am corrected. I have McAffe Enterprise at work and on my server. I thought that I had it everywhere. Right now on the others, I have McAffe Virus Scan and Firewall 2006.

TomorrowAlpha
01-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I've got McAffe too, but not the enterprise one. Every time I log in to my computer user, it gives me all these things, it's so annoying! But I don't have any problems with live chat except that no one ever talks :P

StitchMad
01-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Did you try downloading mIRC? You can download it from www.mIRC.com. It's the best way to chat, there should be no problems then.