View Full Version : [.Hanging by a Thread.]

MinniesDream
12-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Chapter 1.

Nikkila walked out of the school grounds, unaware of what she was about to do. She was just an ordanirary 12 year old; nothing exciting really happens, or so she thought.
When she walked into her house about five minutes later, she noticed some mistakes were made. Instead of coats hanging neatly on the hooks that were convienently plastered to the wall, they were thrown across the floor. When Nikkila went into the kitchen, dinner wasn't on the stove. When she went into her parents bedroom, no one was knitting a scarf for family. All of these things were everyday tasks, and they were always completed, well, until now.
Nikkila thought that maybe her family was out to her sister's soccer game. Since she had the whole house to herself, she could call anyone without having her mother or father tell her to get off the phone. So she called her friend, Sanna.
Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring... "You have reached the Sang household. Please leave a..." Click. Nikkila had no patience for this. She had to call her parents. She was too worried. But last time she called, they scolded her for interrupting the game. Maybe she could wait a while.
So she clicked on the TV. "Buy the Whopper...." Click. "You'll look seventeen in...." Click. "Yahoo! I just got...." Click. She turned off the TV.
She was so angry that she just wanted to scream. Instead of screaming, she went into her bedroom, and started punching her pillow. "Why does everything go wrong?!" She screamed.
"Uhhhhaaaahhh!" A black light surrounded her hands and her pollow floated across the room. "Wha- wha- what was that?" Nikkila asked to herself outloud.
She looked at her hands. Black light surrounded them still. She pointed her hands at her dresser, and a black light surrounded it. Whoosh! All of the drawers came open, and clothes were flying across the room.
At that moment, she realized a very important fact: Nikkila had super powers.

Chapter 2.

As her parents walked through the door, Nikkila was in her room, practing her new powers. As her mother walked in, she stopped and furiously hit her TV remote, in attempt to turn it on.
"Why is my house a mess?" Her mother said.
"It was like that when I came home." Nikkila replied, scared.
"Tell the truth." Her mother said, her face bunched up and ready to attack.
"I am! Why doesn't anyone believe me?!" Her eyes turned black and everything froze. "Not now. Please not now!" Nikkila begged. She touched her frozen mother. Ice. "What's going on?"
Her 16 year old sister, Cassie, walked into the room and said, "Dark magic. You have it."
Nikkila looked at her in awe. "What do you mean? And what about dad?!"
"Don't worry, I froze him too." Cassie replied, smiling. "I knew that you'd get them sooner or later."
"Why do I have this... this power?" Nikkila asked, frightened.
"Because. You and me are really the daughters of Kalinka Rockwell... the queen of the underworld."
"That's right. We were adopted." Nikkila replied. "So.. what are my powers?"
"I'm glad that you are liking this, Nikkila. Your powers are Freeze Frame, and Levitation. Think about what you want to do, and then focus. It works." Cassie said, still smiling.
"And what exactly are we supposed to do about all of this?" Nikkila asked.
"That's the hard part, Nikkila. We are supposed to save the world."

Chapter 3.

As Cassie and Nikkila walked down Blue Blvd., something odd was happening in the neighborhood. No one was out watering the grass, mawing the lawn, or any other home inprovements. Cassie and Nikkila knew better than to let all of this laziness slide.
"You know," Cassie bagan. "I like that you have powers now. I can talk to you, and maybe even relate to you."
"Yeah, I guess." Nikkila replied, unaware of what she even said. She was still thinking of what she had to do in life with powers. Then, out of the blue she said, "How do these... things work?" She was talking about her powers.
Cassie grinned. "I was hoping you'd ask that. You see, when you focus on something - take that tree for example - and think about what you want to do to it with your powers, it happens. Watch this." Cassie started at the tree, and then said, "I'm thinking I want that branch to break off right there." The branch broke off.
"See?" Cassie said.
"Oh." Nikkila was still shocked. "But wait- you have the same powers that I do?"
"No. I have more. Every year we will get a new power. I got mine only a year ago, and I have three. I have Levitation, Freeze Frame, and Control. Control allows me to control anything with a heart."
Nikkila sighed. She wished that she wouldn't have to mess with this; it was all coming on her too fast.
"We're not alone." Nikkila said. "I- I don't know why I said that! I- I- I..."
Cassie thought a moment, then looked at Nikkila. "You are special, Nikkila. You have three powers in your first year. I had only two." Before Nikkila could ask, Cassie said, "You have sense, Nikkila. The power to sense things. They control you, basicly. If you - the sense - said that we aren't alone, we aren't..." Cassie trailed off.
"So... if we aren't, than who is?" Nikkila asked, expecting it to be something dumb. Then she said, "It's Lightning Storm."
"The sense said that?" Cassie asked, even though she already knew the answer; yes.
Before Nikkila could mutter a word, Cassie shouted, "Look out!" And as they jumped into a near by bush, a flash of lightning hit the ground... right where they were standing.

Chapter 4.

"Don't move." Cassie said, her lips barely moving. Then she started counting. "3... 2... 1... Freze Frame!" Cassie jumped out of the bush and pointed at Lightning Storm. A black light came out of her fingers, right at Lightning Storm.
"Ha!" He said as the light missed him. Then he flew down right in front of Nikkila and Cassie, looking worried. He said, "My greatest apologies, princesses." He bowed slightly.
"We're princesses?" Nikkila asked, stunned. "I- I never knew that was in the plan." She elbowed Cassie. Cassie shrugged in reply.
"Why, of course!" Lightning Storm said. "Long ago, the Queen of the Underworld - Kalinka Rockwell - had two children. Nikkila Rockwell, and Cassie Rockwell. You were born, and I gave you to a kind family to take good care of you, unlike Queenie. I- I stole you." Lightning said, remembering the moment.
Cassie was the first to speak. "Thank you, Mr. Lightning. We are most greatful. But we have no time to chit-chat. We need to figure out what 'Queenie' is planning. The neighborhood just isn't like it should be."
"Same with the clouds." Lightning said in reply.
"Huh?" Nikkila asked.
"In order for me to have an electric charge, I need to go into the clouds and rub against them. That's basicly how lightning is formed." He said, smiling. He continued. "The clouds are supposed to be white today. But the clouds have a hint of green in them... and it's not right. Princesses, I am worried. Something bad is going to happen, and if I don't help you, I don't know what is going to become of us."

Chapter 5.

As Lightning, Cassie, and Nikkila walked down the street, they noticed that the changes in the neighborhood were getting bigger. Instead of not mawing the grass for a couple days, it looked as if this person haden't mowed it in years. The tall, tan blades of the grass seemed as if to reach out to the skies, in hope for sunlight and water.
Not only were the lawns hideous, the houses were gradually getting hideous, as well. Bricks were falling out of the houses, mold covered. Vines covered the windows, and the doors looked as if it was made of tissue paper.
"This isn't right. Right there," Nikkila pointed to a house completely covered with thick, off-white mold. She continued, "Is Mr. Jenkins house. He always has his house in great condition- yesterday it was beautifully red, with the brand new bricks."
"That's right. Lightning, is there, um, something you need to tell us?" Cassie looked at Lightning. He frowned, and thought a moment.
"If the clouds are white, they're alright. If the clouds are green, everything is like a seam." Lightning recited, in almost a whisper. "Get it? When the clouds are white, everything's fine. When it is green, it is like a seam. It rips open, revealing something that you would have never guessed."
"But..." Nikkila was cut off.
Lightning was wide eyed. "Everything is going to change. All of your friends, pets... and the people you love."

Chapter 6.

As you may or may have not known, thunder is the result of lightning. Since light travels much faster than sound, the light comes first, and the sound, second.
Although Cassie and Nikkila had a Lightning based friend by their side, they had absolutely no idea that this fact even existed, ironicly enough. Maybe if they would have asked, Lightning would have explained the entire process to them, in extreme detail. But they lacked information.
"Long dreary road down to nowhere." Lightning sighed. "Wait, where exactly does this road go to?"
"No one has ever known. It's always been the same wonder. All the houses were hideous even after all of this." Nikkila said, trying to focus on her mission. But how were they supposed to? They didn't even have the slightest idea of what to start out with.
"Oh." There was a hint of discourage in Lightning's vioce as he replied. Just at that moment, the three friends, Nikkila, Cassie, and Lightning, heard the faint 'crunch' as they walked on cracked pavement.
"Why don't we sleep." Cassie suggested. It was almost dark.
"Maybe that isn't such a bad idea." Lightning replied. "But... we don't even have tents or anything."
"Well, since I have Levitation, - Cassie too - we can bend trees and make a tent. You can also burn some brances." Nikkila thought. Both Cassie and Lightning stared in amazement. "What?" Nikkila asked.
It wasn't her powers, it was her bright mind. Cassie and Lightning had never thought of using their powers that way, and they had them for years.
Nikkila and Cassie bent trees, over eachother, and eventally made shelter. Lightning made fire, and cooked some meat that lightning packed with him. It was a small meal, but they had to save some for later.
"Our sleep may be peaceful tonight, but it's going to be the last one you have in a long time." Lightning said.

Chapter 7.

As they were sleeping, the wind was blowing fiercely. The clouds were now a mixture between black and green, and the neighborhood was getting worse and worse.
"We need to get up, princesses." Lightning said, touching their shoulders. "We need to leave before dawn, or the light shall cast on us."
"What light?" Nikkila mumbled.
"The light of the spell. Soon, the spell will travel here, and we will turn hideous and lose our powers."
Cassie grunted. "But I am so tired... and the moon is still out. It's what, three AM?"
Lightning ignored her and started walking away. Reluctantly, Cassie and Nikkila followed, in hope to find a better, and more comfortable, place to sleep.
"Lightning, are you sure that this is really bad? Nikkila's sense isn't doing anything." Cassie stated.
"The sense is like another person living in a body. It is sleeping now, and it is very tired, I'm sure. If the sense says something, it almost always has to rest, because of the hard work." Lightning said, looking straight ahead.
"I have someone living inside me?!" Nikkila shouted. "What else could go wrong!?"
"That could go wrong, right there." Cassie pointed to some trees... but they were on fire.

Fairy
12-11-2006, 02:58 PM
You should right more because that is AWOSOME!

MinniesDream
12-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Thank you! Chapter three was added. :)

MinniesDream
12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Bump! Chapter 4 and 5 were added.

Dudetteroxs
12-14-2006, 04:48 PM
^^ It was very well written, and I love your descriptive writing. A few mistakes, but hey, who cares? Not me for right now. I love it; so continue writing, or else I'll take my chicken on you.

- Rocks

MinniesDream
12-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Thank you!

Actually, all of these chapters were written very fast. I had absolutely no time to write a story, so I just wrote it and didn't proof read. Not one of my better ideas. XD

alubadubdub
12-14-2006, 10:54 PM
wow very cool! Love the title

MinniesDream
12-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks, alubadubdub!

There has only been like, three replies. I wish people would like my story.

Sorry I haven't been on VMK, last night I had volleyball training and I was tried of lifting weights and running.

HappyGirlKels
12-16-2006, 12:59 AM
I love the story so much!