View Full Version : Vigor Gaming Computers

AlphaPrinceLink
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Do you think a vigor gaming fore recon is a good computer?

PaperClip
12-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't really know. I don't have the specs and everything for it to tell you.

I wouldn't reccomend those little mini-businesses like that. I would go for more of a bigger one, such as HP or IBM.:xmas5:

AlphaPrinceLink
12-10-2006, 01:53 AM
I just got a new hp and it crashed due to a fatal error in the operating system and the motherboard overheated and melted part of it

PaperClip
12-10-2006, 02:54 AM
I just got a new hp and it crashed due to a fatal error in the operating system and the motherboard overheated and melted part of it
If you just got it, call HP and send it back. It should still be under warranty ;)

-rcv-
12-10-2006, 05:56 AM
I don't really know. I don't have the specs and everything for it to tell you.

I wouldn't reccomend those little mini-businesses like that. I would go for more of a bigger one, such as HP or IBM.:xmas5:
Anything has gotta be better than the garbage that HP/Compaq and the other "big names" have been pushing on the home market anymore.

Independent ratings for Vigor are pretty good, although personally I'd rather see them specify Asus motherboards for the price they charge.

-rcv-
Kid Bugs

AlphaPrinceLink
12-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I just returned it to cost co and my friend has one that has the best everything in it and it is really nice

Alienboy
12-11-2006, 08:52 PM
its not bad, never heard of them tho. Ur basically paying for them to put it all together. But also they test everything to make sure its really good I assume that since Voodoo and alienware do that. I would go with either Voodoo or Alienware if you want to have a gaming PC and not build it urself

PaperClip
12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Anything has gotta be better than the garbage that HP/Compaq and the other "big names" have been pushing on the home market anymore.

Independent ratings for Vigor are pretty good, although personally I'd rather see them specify Asus motherboards for the price they charge.

-rcv-
Kid Bugs
I will say this, Gateway is the one that you should NEVER buy.

Alienboy
12-11-2006, 11:50 PM
I will say this, Gateway is the one that you should NEVER buy.

got that right

AlphaPrinceLink
12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes i agree

Qui-gon
12-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Dell XPS is really good also, according to Consumer Reports. And Compaq is good for your money.

~Q/S

AlphaPrinceLink
01-23-2007, 02:30 AM
well i need a computer really good for gaming i was looking at voodoo elemetns

PaperClip
01-23-2007, 02:48 AM
You should look into HP brands and subbrands. I would consider those first, then go into Alienware computers. I know that they are expensive, but for a Dell, they are worth it. :)

Thark
01-23-2007, 04:50 AM
its not bad, never heard of them tho. Ur basically paying for them to put it all together. But also they test everything to make sure its really good I assume that since Voodoo and alienware do that. I would go with either Voodoo or Alienware if you want to have a gaming PC and not build it urself

Alienware is not a very good option if you want your computer within the next 2 months. That is how long they take to build it and ship it. Alienware will hopefully receive better ship times since they were recently bought out by Dell.

Dell's are ok, just got to spend the extra dough for the better processors and ram.

Edit:

Looked at the Vigor Computers. They look good. Just make sure you get an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or a good AMD Processor. Bridging the Gap has the Intel Core 2 Duo. Also a bunch of ram wouldn't hurt.

PaperClip
01-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I know that Alienware's take forever to ship, I just like them for gaming. And I am NOT a Dell fan, but the Alienware's, I don't mind. Don't ask me why.

Thark
01-24-2007, 06:04 AM
I know that Alienware's take forever to ship, I just like them for gaming. And I am NOT a Dell fan, but the Alienware's, I don't mind. Don't ask me why.

Dell happens to over charge everything. However, Alienware over charges for the better stuff, it is a lose lose situation.

Best deal is learning to make a computer yourself, so you can shop around for parts. Costs half as much to build a computer Dell or Alienware would make for the same thing.

reillysix
01-24-2007, 06:29 AM
I made my computer myself. It really does help you out, you can pick everything that you want and make it run a lot faster.

P.S. If you want a good computer, wait until Vista comes out in 7 days IMHO. (Or 6 if it's after midnight where you are.)

Alienboy
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Alienware is not a very good option if you want your computer within the next 2 months. That is how long they take to build it and ship it. Alienware will hopefully receive better ship times since they were recently bought out by Dell.

Its like buying a Saleen...you have to sometimes be put on the waiting list for a good product ;)
I made my computer myself. It really does help you out, you can pick everything that you want and make it run a lot faster.

P.S. If you want a good computer, wait until Vista comes out in 7 days IMHO. (Or 6 if it's after midnight where you are.)
Yeah I agree I built my computers expect the laptop and MacPro and it really is I think the best way to go but if you dont know how to or what to get than deff go buy one from a company

avastpirateace
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
thats why i dont like HP the only good thing they make is cameras. but for a good computer get a Dell XPS and u can customize it to make it faster and have better sound and graphics although fully customized it costs nearly $2500 so i just got a cheaper dell the model before XPS and it works great. and reillysix i wouldnt get vista as soon as it comes out bc there will be alot of security holes in it, same thing happened when they released IE 7 the next wek there had already been to updates for security. and thark its cheaper to make it yourself but u have to think about how much time it takes a few ppl to build one. they charge u extra bc they have ppl making it. and dell really is he best out there bc they dont charge u over a $1000 dollars to get a computer that u could have built for less money. they have computers for sale at about $500 for a none upgrde on there good home computer which is all i really need but i go ahead and put in about $100 more dollars for the customization for like CPU memory and sound. then the next model up from the basic graphic card thats included in the computer

AlphaPrinceLink
02-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I finally got a computer and i got a voodoo Omen Elements With Vist Ultimate and Windows Xp Pro installed. I always get a comp with two op so i can play games that wont run on vista.