View Full Version : Out of memory error message?

papersouls
09-10-2005, 12:05 AM
hi everyone :) maybe someone can help me.. (and i hope this hasnt been asked before, b/c i couldnt find anything when i did a search.. if so, sorry..)

I am trying to play vmk on my older computer, which runs on win98. The page comes up, loads, but as soon as i get into the game it gets very very slow and i get this message: "Out of memory loading member 490 of PLAYER-CAST 12, even after purging all purgeable cast members." (The 490 changes with other tries..) Then the game crashes. Anyone have this happen to them before? and if so, do you have any idea why it is doing this (only with this game), and how do i fix it? Thanks. :mickey2:

-PaperSouls-

Pebble
09-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Hmm, I have Windows XP and comcast internet, and I have firewall messages... o_O

I've had that before try restarting your computer, your shockwave must have run out of memory and just needs to be re-booted.

Chip
09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Its happened to me on xp but thats becaus ei had like 5 vmk windows opeened

Angel Fancy
09-10-2005, 12:54 AM
yeah, this has happened to me before. I always turn my computer off and leave it alone for awhile and then start it up again. It works fine. It hadn't done it in a long while and then earlier this week it did it again and I just walked away for awhile after turning my computer off and it's worked fine ever since. Just have a little patience. Angel Fancy :wave2:

papersouls
09-10-2005, 02:08 AM
well, i've been trying for about a week now to get it going. each time the same deal. i get to the point where i can get into a room, but then i'm done. i crash and then i need to reboot. same deal after that tho. do you have windows 98?

on this computer i have Xp and for the first time today it did it on here, but that was b/c i had 2 windows open.

and Q, if shockwave runs out of memory, how does one fix this? :)

-PaperSouls-

::added::
found this after searching more.. for anyone else interested.. http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101778#post101778