View Full Version : Monster's Inc. Comedy at WDW?

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 12:43 AM
This new attraction that's coming to WDW's Magic Kingdom, What is it taking place of in Tomrrowland?

PLz dont be:StitchBounce-1:

:nemo: Nemo :nemo:

Flame Gun
11-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Really It's going to be in Tomorrowland?

I'm Really sure it won't be stitch Stitch is New I don't think they would build it and get rid of it

EDIT:ok I saw it was going to be into tomorrowland I just found it. But isn't that strange I thought Tomorrowland was suppose to be all Space, alliens, and the Future. I would have thought it would be in Fantasy Land

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Really It's going to be in Tomorrowland?

I'm Really sure it won't be stitch Stitch is New I don't think they would build it and get rid of it

EDIT:ok I saw it was going to be into tomorrowland I just found it. But isn't that strange I thought Tomorrowland was suppose to be all Space, alliens, and the Future. I would have thought it would be in Fantasy Land
I agree, but look at the room you see on the site, It looks like the great escape waiting room

Neoteny
11-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Tomorrowland hasn't made sense in a long time.

Oranges
11-20-2006, 01:07 AM
The "Laugh Floor Comedy Club" will be taking the place of what used to be the "Timekeeper".

However, I would have rather seen it replace Stitch's Great Escape!, but we all want things, don't we?

Besides, Stitch is too new to replace already. Give it time, and I'm sure it'll get the boot and then replaced by something futuristic-ly irrelevant.

~Oranges

SpinMarty
11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Am I missing something? What does the "W/E" mean in the title of this thread?

Oranges
11-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Am I missing something? What does the "W/E" mean in the title of this thread?

W/E = Whatever

I just looked at the Disney World site, and the photo on the Attraction Page is an image of the theatre itself. I know it resembles the pre-show area of Stitch's Great Escape!, but I can assure you it is not.

~Oranges

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 01:23 AM
yea I really was scared that stitch was going, I like it actually its pretty funny I guess I dont see what the problem people have with it, so its w/e and stitch is more futuristic than Monsters Inc.

P.S. They should rename Tomrrowland to WePutRandomThingsHereLand

Alexthedragon
11-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I loved Stitch's great escape! Especially when it turned dark and you could smell and hear Stitch burping behind you!

I don't want it to go! Please...

DinoVan
11-20-2006, 01:36 AM
i rode the monster inc ride at disneyland, it was really cute! i have never gone to WDW but from what i heard i want timekeeper open and stitch replaced with monsters.

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 01:37 AM
I loved Stitch's great escape! Especially when it turned dark and you could smell and hear Stitch burping behind you!

I don't want it to go! Please...
Once again, Stitch isnt going! The Timekeeper Space is

Tris-Remix
11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Poor timekeeper. Hey isn't there a high school musical stage in tomorrowland? Now that's weirder?

Alexthedragon
11-20-2006, 01:42 AM
:StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1: Once again, Stitch isnt going! The Timekeeper Space is

I know.. But I'm just saying that (in previous posts) people are saying that they want Stitch to go!

:StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1: :StitchBounce-1:
:38: :38: :38: :38:

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Poor timekeeper. Hey isn't there a high school musical stage in tomorrowland? Now that's weirder?
Not tomrrowland, Epcot I think

Neoteny
11-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Not tomrrowland, Epcot I think
Well, that doesn't really make sense, either.

Nemofinder
11-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Well, that doesn't really make sense, either.I know but thats where it was

NASAMan
11-20-2006, 03:12 AM

It's not a stage, but a 'pep rally' that occurs in front of Space Mountain. There is also a family parade on Main Street, a Prince and Princess court in Fantasy Land, pirate school in Adventureland, and Woody's cowboy round-up in Frontierland. Why HSM in TL? Because it is still hot and TL was the best fit. In their opinion.

Tomorrowland is due for an overhaul. It went from an actual look toward the future, to a Jules Verne like sci-fi world, to a mish-mash of where-else-do-you-put-it. Disney need to create a themeing that ties the land together, makes it interesting and open ended to allow expansion, and if includes Pixar and Stitch, well make it fit and maybe I'll go along with it.

I will miss Timekeeper. Maybe the Robot can go to Space Mountain to add some life to the queue. Or wind up in the boneyard at the Studios.

Alexthedragon
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I know but thats where it was

Isn't Epcot for like different countries and Innoventions? Oh yeah, and Figment!

jdrocks
11-20-2006, 10:58 PM
WOW. That's cool. NOOO PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF STITCH!!! NOOO! LOL.
Well that sounds cool in DLR (where I live by) we have the ride in DCA (Disney's California Adventure) Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! Man it was so fun. That would be cool if WDW did that.

skip
11-20-2006, 11:41 PM
It's not a stage, but a 'pep rally' that occurs in front of Space Mountain. There is also a family parade on Main Street, a Prince and Princess court in Fantasy Land, pirate school in Adventureland, and Woody's cowboy round-up in Frontierland. Why HSM in TL? Because it is still hot and TL was the best fit. In their opinion.

Tomorrowland is due for an overhaul. It went from an actual look toward the future, to a Jules Verne like sci-fi world, to a mish-mash of where-else-do-you-put-it. Disney need to create a themeing that ties the land together, makes it interesting and open ended to allow expansion, and if includes Pixar and Stitch, well make it fit and maybe I'll go along with it.

I will miss Timekeeper. Maybe the Robot can go to Space Mountain to add some life to the queue. Or wind up in the boneyard at the Studios.

You're right: Tomorrowland is no longer about the future. It is more of a futuristic Fantasyland with a couple `o random things thrown in for "good measure". I'm greatly saddened by this. Time Keeper was fantastic, and now replaced by yet another Pixar attraction. I'm sick of this. What would Walt say?

As for the robotics... expect them to be scrapped and used for other things. One of the old Country Bear AA's is now Oogie Boogie in the HMH overlay.

-skippyskippy

olpmcgvmk
12-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I thought they were adding somthing to MGM

NenaEeyore
12-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Im sorry, but in opinion, i dont like either Stitch or Timekeeper. They should just bring back Alien Encounter, and never mess up a good ride/show again. Plus,i dont find the Stitches burp to be funny, its pretty gross. Timekeeper's time is up, *pun* and im glad to see something new, and i love Monsters Inc.

And as for HSM, seems like something that should have been added to MGM and not Magic.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Doug show come back to MGM, i loved that show.

mockingbird
12-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I heard that the Carosel of Progress in WDW is going to go next year, too.

camara
12-07-2006, 01:52 AM
You think if we took a year to get signatures from many of us and friends/family so we have a petition saying we want tomorrowland to have stuff like people mover and all that again, making it space-like, and then had many ppl send it in online or print it and give it to disney cast members, think it would work? lol

NenaEeyore
12-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I heard that the Carosel of Progress in WDW is going to go next year, too.

Ah! what??
But i love that show, it has history to it, and the song is so0o0o catchy!

"Its a great big beautiful tommorrow, shining at the end of every day!!
Its a great big beautiful tommorrow, and tommorrow is just a dream away, man has a dream and thats a start, he follows his dream with something something part, and when it becomes a reality, its a dream come true for you and me!!"

Neoteny
12-07-2006, 01:58 AM
That is very sad. That's one of my favorite attractions in all of the Magic Kingdom. :(

figmentisback
01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I thought they were adding something to MGM

They are, the Midway mania is coming to MGM... that is after they announce it. of course everything is subject to change and it might be something completely different.

of course, They are adding High School Musical to MGM this month leaving MK.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I heard that the Carousel of Progress in WDW is going to go next year, too.

This is not true, its not even a rumor yet. besides. one attraction at a time. Space mountain is the next to go ;)

StitchMad
01-05-2007, 12:55 PM
The new ride in Tomorrowland is opposite Stitch's Great Escape, so won't be taking over that. I heard someone say it was the TimeKeeper? (I've never ever been on that to be honest). But it's a cafe opposite Stitch, so I have no idea.
Also.. I doubt that Carosuel of Progress will be closed. It was Walt's own idea, and he was there when it was built. I doubt very much that it will be closed.

Wildcat
01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
If you think about it, Disney doesn't really have many sci-fi movies, so its hard to decide what will go in and what comes out.

Proracer1
01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe they could add a Tron ride to Tomorrowland?

P.S. Wish I could have gone on The Timekeeper before it closed.

Neoteny
01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Maybe they could add a Tron ride to Tomorrowland?

P.S. Wish I could have gone on The Timekeeper before it closed.
There was a Tron attraction a long time ago. I doubt they'd bring it back. We're the only ones who remember that movie. :)

Or The Black Hole.

Proracer1
01-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Tron makes more sense than a lot of the rides already in tomorrowland.

figmentisback
01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
There was a Tron attraction a long time ago. I doubt they'd bring it back. We're the only ones who remember that movie. :)

Or The Black Hole.

Their was no attraction based on either movie at WDW, The People Mover at Disneyland Resort had a super speed tunnel re-themed to Tron in the carousel theater building. Their was talk of a Tron attraction, however the movie did not catch on with enough people to make a bigger attraction. It would confuse tourists.

Monsters Inc Comedy Club Laugh Floor is currently under extensive revision because some of the executives did not enjoy it when they had a preview a few days ago. Not to mention the reviews from random previews have been lack luster. At this moment it is opening in the spring after a re-write of the script.

StitchMad
01-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok, I went to Magic Kingdom today, and the new show is taking over the Timekeeper. Not Stitch. See here:

http://i13.************/2qi4t1w.jpg

Kitri
01-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I thought they were adding somthing to MGM

They are, for all the pp who are ranting about the HSM prep ralley in tomorrowland, it's being move to MGM in a month!

Rock hard with the CHURROS!

chorustwo
01-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Yay!! Stitch isn't going!! Stitch is the best thing that ever came to thise earth!! Yeah you heard me!! If he goes.. I go..
(Kinda joking but then I'm not..)
I don't see the problem with it.. so stop complainin'
I anyways can't wait to see the Laugh Floor ComedyClub take place. But I do disagree with it being in Tomorrowland..

JeannieV
01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club (Magic Kingdom Park, Walt Disney World Resort) - Guests will find the power of laughter in an engaging, interactive adventure inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." (Spring 2007)

parisparis
01-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Um not to pop your bubble but i dont think is is going to be in tomorrow land it is gonna be in the animal kingdom but i tink i am wrong, but u all no that they are bringing back the submarines with finding nemo in it but that of course is going to be in tomorrow land

parisparis
01-12-2007, 04:53 PM
They are, for all the pp who are ranting about the HSM prep ralley in tomorrowland, it's being move to MGM in a month!

Rock hard with the CHURROS!

HMM what is the HSM prep rally???

parisparis
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok, I went to Magic Kingdom today, and the new show is taking over the Timekeeper. Not Stitch. See here:

http://i13.************/2qi4t1w.jpg

What is the times keeper??? and that stitch ride used to be this really scary ride i rememeber ti because i was crying i got so scared , im thanking disney for changing it, but again i only cried becasue i was scared and i was only 7

Princessannanicole
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Um not to pop your bubble but i dont think is is going to be in tomorrow land it is gonna be in the animal kingdom but i tink i am wrong, but u all no that they are bringing back the submarines with finding nemo in it but that of course is going to be in tomorrow land

The Monster's attraction is in Tomorrowland, it's almost done, and was supposed to open this month, but they decided to do re-scripting before opening it. I have seen the building, across from Stitch, although I will miss the timekeeper, probably one of few. The Nemo attraction, in Disney World, is in Epcot, at the Living Seas Pavilion, and has been open for a few months now, very well done from when I went on it. I'm not sure if it will be virtually the same attraction in Disneyland or if they will resurrect the submarines for the attraction. In DisneyWorld, I believe the submarines are completely gone. They drained the lake a few years ago where it took place. I don't know if they will put the Laugh Floor Comedy Club in any other themeparks and where they will put it if they do, but I am looking forward to it. And actually, I think Tomorrowland may be the best place for it. The other option could be Fantasyland, or one of the other parks in DisneyWorld, but I and my family really don't like MGM, it's confusing, and the food is really, really bad, and its extra-crowded, so I hope nothing really good and irresistable ever comes there again. Tomorrowland makes sense though, because the monster's are using their "new technology" to turn laughs into energy. It's not our tomorrow, but then again, in reality, neither is Stitch, so I think it fits well there.

Neoteny
01-13-2007, 02:06 PM
HMM what is the HSM prep rally???
It's a mini-parade based on High School Musical.

Oranges
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
It's a mini-parade based on High School Musical.

It's not even a parade - it's like, a miniature stage show.

~Oranges

Neoteny
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
It's not even a parade - it's like, a miniature stage show.

~Oranges
Well, the one at Disney's California Adventure moves, so that's a mini-parade of sorts.