View Full Version : virus scan question

kittenofthenight
11-19-2006, 04:47 AM
um yeah i keep getting threats pop up on my computer, but when i scan my virus thingy it says "No Threats found" what should i do?

Chaelle
11-19-2006, 05:16 AM
If they pop up on your computer, and don't click them. You will be safe.
Pop-ups happen to everyone. But everyone knows not to click them (the ones that you've never seen before)
It's always better to be safe then sorry!
~Chaelle

kittenofthenight
11-19-2006, 05:51 AM
If they pop up on your computer, and don't click them. You will be safe.
Pop-ups happen to everyone. But everyone knows not to click them (the ones that you've never seen before)
It's always better to be safe then sorry!
~Chaelle

their not pop ups like "Click here to win an IPod" or something its a virus threat alert it says i should scan, so i did and it said no threats found, but that keeps happining

Thark
11-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Try running a virus definition update. If you virus scan isn't picking up the viruses then it needs updated. If that doesnt work you need to try a another scan program. There are some free anti-spyware programs that could help you, Ad-aware being one of them.

Note: Some viruses/spyware act as a virus warning pop-up, which means you already have the virus downloaded and you need to get rid of it.

If your scan ever picks it up and removes it restart your computer, viruses have the ability to "reform" from memory, only way to really clear the memory and the virus from the memory is to restart your computer.

SpinMarty
11-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Just a suggestion, Firefox blocks almost all pop-ups. I would try it to see if that helps.

Jezzi
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
yea... that's happened to me the last two days. does it say click here to install this anti-virus? i have just exited out of it. hope i did right - scared -

Thark
11-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Exiting wont get rid of it permanently just for the time until it decided to start up again. Either you have to have a antivirus/anti-spyware to get rid of the virus/spyware or you have to find the file and process that it is contained in and delete them.

jamiewe
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Just a suggestion, Firefox blocks almost all pop-ups. I would try it to see if that helps.

Nope I know what kind of pop ups this user is having, ive seen loads of them, any who I know that firefox wont help cause ive tried it with firefox. :)

Zebraa
11-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Nope I know what kind of pop ups this user is having, ive seen loads of them, any who I know that firefox wont help cause ive tried it with firefox. :)

And the fact that it doesn't have to do with the internet...

(IE7 blocks all pop-ups.. haven't had one yet!)