View Full Version : Trade Rooms: Good Idea or Bad Idea

MsBehave
09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I was just in ###### rare trade room, and i totally freaked cause i saw a baby blue saucer. I looked in my shop area, and i did not see it there, so i jumped at the chance of getting it. I traded a Tommorrowland Pin 8/9 and a red crate cause i thought it was really good trade. So i left and went to Star Trader's. Turns out it is in specials. I go back to ask for my stuff back, but i got a *i dont do trade backs*

Anyways, in trade rooms we get scammed, but sometimes we find good items. Trade rooms, are the bad or good?

-CL_Ms.Behave

Harlan
09-07-2005, 02:42 PM
you decide i guess

MsBehave
09-07-2005, 02:45 PM
you decide i guess
Hey! Your that guy who walked into the kareoke room and said *All the (bad word you catch fish on) in the house, they all like me* or something

-CL_Ms.Behave

MissAmber
09-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh I hate it when that happens :( Sorry to hear it happened to you.

MsBehave
09-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh I hate it when that happens :( Sorry to hear it happened to you.
ya! I wish they would color the back grounds differnet colors, like blue for buyable items, pink for rare items, and green for items in special. or you could combine buyables and specials. its just really confusing

-CL_Ms.Behave

daviedude
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
yeah trade rooms are good and bad but i run one and think that if th customer is not happy trade back you get more ppl to come back that way

Wonderlandgrl
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I agree they are both good and bad, i hate it when you enter one and the owner says if you dont give me something you have to leave and then boots you. If they are going to play like that they should at lease put a warning in the description of the room other than "come on in and trade with everyone!"

Alinator
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Did you ask if it was rare? If you did and the response is "yes" then a report might be in order. If not, well it really is your fault...

Still, I think is the responsibility of both parties to be fair. For example last night my son was in a room and someone wanted his turnstile. He said, "sure, what do you have?" She traded him teleportation for it. After the trade, he asked to trade again and gave her a chair. I was very proud of him.

I understand that there are a lot that won't do this, but at a minimum ALL community leaders should be this fair when trading!

TommyCC
09-07-2005, 06:40 PM
As in real life, Let the buyer beware! It is totaly on you to decide if you want to take a chance on a trade you are not sure about. You may come out ahead, you may come out behind, but in the end it is you who made the decision to trade. The only caveat I see here is where the little ones are involved and get cheated. This, I have a problem with, but there are those players that would scam a baby if they could, as long as they supply their selfish needs, and feed their ego with their supreme ability to lie, cheat, and steal!
Example, I was wearing my Lion pin, and this player offers me alot of good stuff for it. At that point I became suspicious that this pin was more rare than I thought it to be. He then offers me even more stuff, now I am almost certain the Lion pin is very valuable, and I refuse to trade until I learn more. Needless to say, I still have the pin, and at this point it is very rare indeed, and I can trade for more than was offered to me by this player.
Again, " LET THE BUYER BEWARE " :mickey2:

barfownz
09-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I was just in ###### rare trade room, and i totally freaked cause i saw a baby blue saucer. I looked in my shop area, and i did not see it there, so i jumped at the chance of getting it. I traded a Tommorrowland Pin 8/9 and a red crate cause i thought it was really good trade. So i left and went to Star Trader's. Turns out it is in specials. I go back to ask for my stuff back, but i got a *i dont do trade backs*

Anyways, in trade rooms we get scammed, but sometimes we find good items. Trade rooms, are the bad or good?

-CL_Ms.Behave

i know who's room your are talking about...;) but the room depends on who the owner of the room is

PowerGirl
09-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I think it is a good idea, because if we have any extra stuff we don't have to go around VMK saying: "Someone trade me a pirate throne" or something like that. :minniemo:

MsBehave
09-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Did you ask if it was rare? If you did and the response is "yes" then a report might be in order. If not, well it really is your fault...

Still, I think is the responsibility of both parties to be fair. For example last night my son was in a room and someone wanted his turnstile. He said, "sure, what do you have?" She traded him teleportation for it. After the trade, he asked to trade again and gave her a chair. I was very proud of him.

I understand that there are a lot that won't do this, but at a minimum ALL community leaders should be this fair when trading!
Listen, would you give a super rare tommorrowland pin and a red crate just for an evil 100 credit chair that is worth less!!!! it was in a rare trade room, RARE trade room. i am blonde, so yeah. and like VMK people say, leaders are regular players too. let me say that again and bold it cause you did that too. Leaders are regular players too. i make all my trades fair, but i mostly am nice, like yesterday i gave a friend of mine a lion for a toucan pin. and i am fair! i am just really upset over losing rares

-CL_Ms.Behave

Ali-Rae
09-07-2005, 11:49 PM
hey! CL_Ms, Behave i was wonderin where u got that glittery signature?? or if u cant tell me can u make me one? make it CL_Ali-Rae because i got approved but it going to take a week before it adds to my name.. Thanks! well.. actuaaly can u make it for me?? lol i wont remember or find this thread again to see your reply.. well.. Thanks! (again) ROFL
FUTURE COMMUNITY LEADER!! :-)
:music-smi

Hey! Your that guy who walked into the kareoke room and said *All the (bad word you catch fish on) in the house, they all like me* or something

-CL_Ms.Behave

Annia
09-08-2005, 05:02 AM
you decide i guess
You kept giving me the boot from your room!

Alinator
09-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Listen, would you give a super rare tommorrowland pin and a red crate just for an evil 100 credit chair that is worth less!!!! it was in a rare trade room, RARE trade room. i am blonde, so yeah. and like VMK people say, leaders are regular players too. let me say that again and bold it cause you did that too. Leaders are regular players too. i make all my trades fair, but i mostly am nice, like yesterday i gave a friend of mine a lion for a toucan pin. and i am fair! i am just really upset over losing rares

I believe you are fair, as are many others. Unfortunately I see many people who are not. I even see threads here where people boast about how they got this great item for hardly anything. I'm sorry but I feel that is wrong. If they know they are getting some great deal and don't offer equal back, then it is basically ripping others off. It's about the same as a scam.

Seeing rare trade room would make one thing it's rare, and I've done the same thing - looking at shops real quick to see what's there.

One thing I would highly recommend for those with Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet Panzaer put together over on VMK Kingdom (http://www.*********.com). It lists all items, their price and whether they are discontinued. I do a quick search on this to get info on items. It is invaluable when trading!

Sorry for your bad trade and I'm especially sorry for the behavior of the person who traded with you.

Kingda Ka
09-08-2005, 10:36 PM
i think trade rooms are useless because u have a trade fourm on this site, were u can get what u want and dont have to go threw the agrivation of going to a trade room and they dont have what u want. but then they do get rid of the people saying can i have ur stuff n the game. so i think whatever is best for u is how u should trade, but this is me personaly
kingda ka