View Full Version : Disney Helps those affected by Katrina

goldie
09-01-2005, 04:00 AM
I've found out that The Walt Disney Company has pledged $2.5 million to support recovery efforts in the communities affected by hurricane Katrina. They will be making a $1 million contribution to the American Red Cross for immediate relief efforts, $1 million for rebuilding efforts for children's charities, and the remaining $500,000 will be directed toward volunteer centers providing services to the communities affected by the hurricane.

cutiepie
09-06-2005, 04:44 AM
REALLY!! THAT'S SO COOL but im sad about the people in where katrina was happing that's really sad i was watching the news it said it might take another 35-80 days to dewater that's a long wait in tghe water

Haydenfan
09-06-2005, 04:51 AM
wow that alot of money

Poseidon
09-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Yes, I was listening to ABC News, and they said "Our parent company, The Disney company, has donated 2.5 million, blah blah blah".

Very nice of them. Actually, they donated more then the country of japan did! 0_o

Pharoah6905
09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Check this out http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050906.html .

p.s. if you use digg please digg my story about vmk just search for it and you will find it

Skaterooni
09-07-2005, 12:48 AM
That is very awesome! My school is having a cookie dough sale to raise money to help the hurricane victims..

But watching the news makes me real sad now..

AliceInVMK
09-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the link, that's great news.

I only wish my school would allow us to raise money, but we have a new principal and he's afraid the money will be stolen, even though there's never been a problem with that sort of thing in the past.

Appleson
09-07-2005, 03:24 AM
thx so much 4 post'n that Pharoah! it's really nice 2 kno that ppl really do want 2 help out & make a difference. my school isn't do'n a sale or nething 2 raise money, but merely jst collect'n. even though this method doesn't seem very exciting, it's still gr8 2 kno that we raised about $5,500 so far. i still hope the donations keep coming.

Pharoah6905
09-07-2005, 03:37 AM
this site is even better, clorox will donate $1 on your behalf (up to $100,000 total) theres no catch or anything just check the box and hit submit. they dont ask for an email or anything. ive clicked it and i hope you will to. God Bless!

awe man they have now reached their donation limit, too bad. i hope more companies do this, it lets people feel like they were part of the donation rather than it being just a donation from "Clorox"

P.S. My digg article can be found at http://digg.com/gaming/Disney_Creates_Free_Online_Game

witchesrock
09-07-2005, 07:56 PM
woot woot! go disney!!

DisneyPrincess
09-11-2005, 05:32 AM
disney u are more than just a theme park and a company thx for donating to the releif efforts

Becky
09-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Yes, I was listening to ABC News, and they said "Our parent company, The Disney company, has donated 2.5 million, blah blah blah".

Very nice of them. Actually, they donated more then the country of japan did! 0_o

That's good, though. All the "top-daddys" in business should give about 1 million to Katrina :)

-Becky

zelphda112
09-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Wow this is an amazing thing you people are doing you will be thanked in some way.

LadyMaria
09-18-2005, 11:56 AM
wow that alot of money

Yes it is a lot, and i thought Disney only wanted to make money for themselves...

PowerGirl
09-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I knew Disney was going to do SOMETHING about the victims. I just didn't know what. But anyway, i'm glad Disney is reaching out a hand to help. :happy:

AGgal
09-18-2005, 04:08 PM
That's good, though. All the "top-daddys" in business should give about 1 million to Katrina :)

-Becky
Ya! they should donate a few of their millions to katrina victims! With all of the people that come to disney parks, that shouldn't be a problem! My parents are donating $500 to victims. i donated a few too! :Flowers: Did u hear that people are giving victims apartments for the time being!

JustmeSt
09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I've also read about Disney donating to the Katrina relief funds. We live in a wonderful country! You hear a lot about how people and organizations get together to help when this kind of disaster happens. Disney and all the others who have helped out are the greatest!

Iroc
09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Disney has also opened up its College Program to students in the areas affected by Katrina so that they can do the internship while they're schools are repaired. Being on the College Program allows you to be classified a full-time student for insurance and loans.

BTW... (plug) If you are interested in the College Program and are in college (or about to enter) send me a PM and I'll answer any questions or point you in the right direction.

SusieFrass
09-20-2005, 03:53 AM
My school did this thing where we could each donate as much money as we wanted to the Hurricane Katrina Effort. I did not have much money at the time, and so I looked all around the house. I did not find anything but a penny. So I asked my parents for some money. They thought the money would get stolen so they did not give me any. So I used that penny I found. I did not donate much, but hey, at least someone is a penny closer to getting their house finished. :) It feels good when you give back, and if Walt were alive, he would be as cheerful as cherry pie.
Good job disney, i love you!

PinkTinkPixie
09-22-2005, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=SusieFrass]My school did this thing where we could each donate as much money as we wanted to the Hurricane Katrina Effort. I did not have much money at the time, and so I looked all around the house. I did not find anything but a penny.

every penny counts! ;) :) :Tongue: :cool: :Embar:

Xucid
09-23-2005, 09:47 PM
my student council has a collection going in front of the school office. doing what we can. also the local cub foods has a collection and my family donated a lot of stuff considering they are coming up here to minnesota.

abrown33521
09-27-2005, 12:40 AM
that is so cool go disney i feel really bad for the ppl who live there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bamagurll
10-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I am at a school that raised over 1,700 in about two to three weeks! I am so glad disney is doing something like this too! Plz help the refugees of Huracane Katrina I hope something like this never happends again! (we also made a huge red cross it was really cool!!)

berylo
10-07-2005, 02:58 PM
THAT IS SOOOOO COOL! :) GO DISNEY! disney RULES!

kidkid9393
10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
i dont watch the news but that is way cool

mollypolly
10-07-2005, 10:41 PM
THAT ROCKS!
~ some one in my town is from New Orleans!~

she is very nice and in my grade but.. she already has a crush, it's changed twice! She is crazy! But, she is nice and i treat her the way i want to be treated, well i wouldn't really want her telling things about me on this web, well who cares i told no names.

LOL
Molly -trading diver suit-

RikuBlade
10-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Disney obviously wants to look good to show they care people respect companies like Disney and this is why they did it lol it is like advertising but in a really nice way

eagle2401
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
That's so cool!! I DIDN'T NO THAT!!well i hope everyone gets better there. i donated $20 to the relief fund!!

LEWISCOCO
10-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I donated 1,000 dollars to katrina i was very happy about that and i still am.:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: