View Full Version : New Walt Disney Treasures releases for Christmas!

Neoteny
10-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Disney has announced the following new DVDs for a December 19 release:

The Complete Pluto: Volume Two
More Silly Symphonies: Volume Two
The Hardy Boys
Your Host, Walt Disney

These, like the previous Walt Disney Treasures releases, will contain animated theatrical shorts and live-action programs from the old Disneyland and Mickey Mouse Club television shows and will be packaged in limited-edition tins.

Yay!

larkija
11-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't think our family would get any of those. No offense. :)

mickeymouse2818
11-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Aww I may have to get the Host:Walt Disney. I absolutely love watching the early days of him on tv as Uncle Walt, brings tears to my eyes to see such a great man in action.

SpinMarty
11-04-2006, 03:18 PM
From ultimatedisney:

More Silly Symphonies
(Volume Two)

From the beginning, Walt Disney's SILLY SYMPHONIES series was a mecca for innovation and unabashed creativity. This second volume of the revolutionary series boasts some of Disney's rarest cartoons, including over a dozen never before released on DVD or video. Among the many animation treasures celebrated here are the never-before-released "****'s Bells" and the original unedited "Mother Goose Goes Hollywood", plus the Academy Award®-winning "Three Orphan Kittens" (Best Cartoon, 1935). Enriching the collection even further are several optional commentaries by some of the world's foremost animation and film music experts, who also take part in a lively conversation about the series that let Walt Disney push the envelope of animation art to unimaginable flights of fantasy. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin.

Expected to include the remaining 38 animated shorts in "Silly Symphonies" series that were not included on the first Walt Disney Treasure. A total of 75 music-oriented Silly Symphonies cartoon shorts were produced from 1929 to 1939. The first tin held 31 of these, plus six others as Easter Eggs.

The Complete Pluto,
Volume Two
Mickey's best pal Pluto continues to light up the screen as leading dog in more of his adventure-filled cartoons. Putting the spotlight on his comical antics from 1947 through 1951, this volume includes the inspired "Bone Bandit" of 1948 and the 1951 classic "Plutopia." The treats continue with three rarely-seen shorts featuring Pluto's feline nemesis Figaro, and a revealing exploration of a classic Pluto short. Plus, contemporary Disney master animators discuss their favorite Pluto moments and the art and craft behind them. It's no wonder Mickey's faithful pup became top dog around the world. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin.

Expected Shorts: Rescue Dog, Mail Dog, Pluto's Blue Note (1947); Bone Bandit, Pluto's Purchase, Cat Nap Pluto, Pluto's Fledgling (1948); Pueblo Pluto, Pluto's Surprise Package, Pluto's Sweater, Bubble Bee, Sheep Dog (1949); Pluto's Heart Throb, Pluto and the Gopher, Wonder Dog, Primitive Pluto, Puss Cafe, Pests of the West, Food for Feudin', Camp Dog (1950); Cold Storage, Cold Turkey (1951).

Your Host, Walt Disney
Here is a wonderful chapter in the fabled “Disneyland” TV show, hosted by Walt himself. This famous television series has something for every Disney fan. Included here is the complete Fourth Anniversary episode of Walt’s show, a wonderful surprise party by the Mouseketeers, and a 10th anniversary special program on the Disneyland Imagineers, creating some of Disneyland’s most famous attractions such as Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Bonus features include a rare interview with Walt’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller; and production art galleries.

The Hardy Boys,
The Mickey Mouse Club
THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB'S magical mix of entertainment was so captivating to television's first generation of children, watching it became a daily ritual. And so the first day of the show's second season, millions thrilled to the debut of a new adventure series, THE HARDY BOYS: THE MYSTERY OF THE APPLEGATE TREASURE. All the cliff-hanging suspense unfolds right here, including the entire MICKEY MOUSE CLUB episode that introduced the series. Plus, you'll get clued in to the truth behind the novels' author Franklin W. Dixon, and you'll witness the reunion of Tim Considine (Frank Hardy) and Tommy Kirk (Joe Hardy) at the scene of the crime -- Stage 2 at the Disney Studio.

This DVD will contain the first serial, titled "The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure", which was made up of 20 installments running about 10 minutes each. The siblings returned for a second serial, "The Mystery of Ghost Farm", composed of 15 episodes that aired during the 1957-58 season.

Thenishall
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to buy any of those. ;)

Neoteny
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh, I'll be buying all four, absolutely. I have the complete collection so far, and they're all great! I'm especially looking forward to the "Hardy Boys" set. Something's got to hold me over until the next "Spin and Marty" series!

Among the many animation treasures celebrated here are the never-before-released "****'s Bells"...

Is that one based on the AC/DC song?

Thenishall
11-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Lol, yeah, maybe off of the AC/DC song. :)

SpinMarty
11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Is that one based on the AC/DC song?
Obviously not based upon the AC/DC song but the same title. Sometimes I forget about the editing feature here in the forums ;)

I will be purchasing all as well to continue my collection. I do hope that the Silly Symphonies 2 will be better organized than the mess that was SS1.

Neoteny
11-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Obviously not based upon the AC/DC song but the same title. Sometimes I forget about the editing feature here in the forums ;)

I will be purchasing all as well to continue my collection. I do hope that the Silly Symphonies 2 will be better organized than the mess that was SS1.
Ew, yes, I agree. Especially with the hidden "Easter Egg" shorts. I don't want to have to hunt for the content on my DVDs.

trick_master
11-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Disney has announced the following new DVDs for a December 19 release:

The Complete Pluto: Volume Two
More Silly Symphonies: Volume Two
The Hardy Boys
Your Host, Walt Disney

These, like the previous Walt Disney Treasures releases, will contain animated theatrical shorts and live-action programs from the old Disneyland and Mickey Mouse Club television shows and will be packaged in limited-edition tins.

Yay!

Those sound cool for very young kids. Maybe I can get the pluto one for my niece.

Neoteny
12-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, I bought them all, but I haven't had time to watch them yet. 'Tis the season to be busy!

Any reviews?