View Full Version : Idea for Site Layout

PaperClip
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Is there anyway that we can upgrade this site to allow people to upload their videos that are Disney Related? Like mine, I had to use my 40mb storage space on The VMK Movie. I just think it would be kind of neat to have a place to embed the videos into the site. Maybe an entire forum devoted to videos.

aengus
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
there are websites that allow you to store your videos. I am not sure how the site moderators feel about some of those sites being posted because of the g rating of this site, but you may want to discuss it with a moderator.

PaperClip
09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
there are websites that allow you to store your videos. I am not sure how the site moderators feel about some of those sites being posted because of the g rating of this site, but you may want to discuss it with a moderator.
I know. I had to use all of my 40MB storage on the VMK Movie. That was when I decided to make this thread.

futuremartymcfly
09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
That would be useful, even though it would be hard to regulate all the videos that would come through. However, if the mods do something like the way VMK handles names, it might work.

Neoteny
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
I know. I had to use all of my 40MB storage on the VMK Movie. That was when I decided to make this thread.
And you want to use up 40Mb of Nick's hard drive space instead?

PaperClip
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
That would be useful, even though it would be hard to regulate all the videos that would come through. However, if the mods do something like the way VMK handles names, it might work.
I agree.
And you want to use up 40Mb of Nick's hard drive space instead?
That wasn't what I meant.

Maribeth
09-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Here I will say this before a moderator does.

"There is no way [or not a very efficient way] for moderators to ensure that all videos are G-rated and appropriate for the site."

Just my :twocents:

-Maribeth :minniemo:

olpmcgvmk
09-26-2006, 01:58 AM
lol ummm just FYI you cold just post a vid relevent to vmk in the arts section and remember Yavins Fireworks vid

PaperClip
09-29-2006, 09:41 PM
OK. GBShorts and I talked it over, and she told me that if I really wanted the site to have a video upload thing, I would have to buy a new server for Nick and them.

Penguinz
09-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Wonder how much that would cost -laughs-

PaperClip
09-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Wonder how much that would cost -laughs-
Depends. Probably from $900 and up.

Hubs
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
OK. GBShorts and I talked it over, and she told me that if I really wanted the site to have a video upload thing, I would have to buy a new server for Nick and them.

That is because anything that you would upload on here takes up forum space. By uploading alot of movies it would make this forum way too slow and it may even use all of it's space so nick would have to turn off the vid uploader anyways. Think about it, 40MB to you means 40MB to everyone and if it would be a multiple-use uploader that means way more space. It isn't possible for mods to moderate every video, either.