View Full Version : Help with PaintShop

PaperClip
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I have PaintShop X on my computer, as a trial, but I am not all that creative in it. If I get better with it, I will more than likely buy it. I have been able to use someof the tools properly, but I can't figure out where you get the backgrounds at, or how to edit some pins that you have on VMK. I was kind of hoping that I could get some help from some people on here. I have watched the tutorials, but to me they were just a little video. (They didn't help)

Alienboy
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
go to http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Paint-Shop-Pro/1 ..... They have some realllly good tutorials for Photoshop and Maya so im sure they will have some for paintshop and editing backgrounds is with all the layer and masking junk if you master layers and that you should do perfectly fine with everything else but have patience and practice. any other ?s

PaperClip
09-13-2006, 11:44 PM
go to http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Paint-Shop-Pro/1 ..... They have some realllly good tutorials for Photoshop and Maya so im sure they will have some for paintshop and editing backgrounds is with all the layer and masking junk if you master layers and that you should do perfectly fine with everything else but have patience and practice. any other ?s
I am good with the layering thing, not good at finding images suitable for the background. I will check out that link. Right now, I have to go, my dinner is going to be cold before I know it.

Alienboy
09-14-2006, 12:05 AM
well what kind of images or background are you trying to make?

AceGoalkeeper
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
i think i know what your problem is.. do you want to make a background? Well, go to the top left corner (or at least that's how it is for me) and select something called.. I forget, but i think it's called " New "- something.. 0_o

Sorry my trial for the program ran out a long time ago, so i really can't remember.. :|

- Ace

PaperClip
09-14-2006, 01:55 AM
i think i know what your problem is.. do you want to make a background? Well, go to the top left corner (or at least that's how it is for me) and select something called.. I forget, but i think it's called " New "- something.. 0_o

Sorry my trial for the program ran out a long time ago, so i really can't remember.. :|

- Ace
I know how to make my own background, but what I want to do is find the proper image for it. Like take a look at Poseidon or GBShort's signature. I want a picture that is all faded and stuff like that.

Alienboy
09-15-2006, 01:44 AM
well than fade it...if you want all those line things on poseidon that looks like ice and stuff those are brushes if u didnt know..but other wise im not totally sure what you really want.

PaperClip
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
well than fade it...if you want all those line things on poseidon that looks like ice and stuff those are brushes if u didnt know..but other wise im not totally sure what you really want.
How do you fade it? Where do you choose the brushes? I did get the brush to come up, but I couldn't find the others.

BTW, Thanks everyone that has helped me out with this program.

Alienboy
09-16-2006, 01:44 AM
one way of fade is by changing ur opacity or fill is the best way(itll also might make it look transparent, just mess with them till you get what u want). and to get new brushes im not really sure for Paintshop but either google it or look on deviant art