View Full Version : My new Computer System

PaperClip
09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Very few of you know this, but I am getting a new computer! (:D ) It might look like a lie, but trust me it is not! The price for all the stuff below was only $1,707.99+ $75 Shipping & Handling.

Specs

HP Pavilion d4600y

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6600 (2.4GHz)
2GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x512MB)
320GB RAID 0 (2x160GB SATA HDDs) - Doubles the performance
Lightscribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
9-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 1394, S-video
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
802.11 b/g Wireless LAN and 56K data/fax modem
Dual NTSC TV Tuner with PVR, FM Tuner, Remote
NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE, w/ TurboCache
Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/ front audio ports
HP Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Works 8.0/Money 2006/MSN Encarta Plus
HP vs19d 19-inch LCD Flat Panel Monitor

Alienboy
09-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Im liking HP more now compared to before. They never really grabbed me but I always feel if you want something done right do it yourself so I go with custom stuff

Heres my good computer I just put the things you posted as well

My "specs"

Custom Built

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 Presler 3.73GHz
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 1GB) (PC2 8500)
2x Seagate Cheetah 147GB
2x Seagate Barracuda 750GB
LITE-ON DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 18X DVD±R DVD Burner
Atech Flash XM-28U BLACK 28-in-1, 8x USB 2.0, 2x IEEE 1394
Creative GigaWorks S750 700 Watts 7.1 Speaker
-dont have wireless-
MSI TV tuner
GIGABYTE Geforce 7950GX2 1GB/SLI
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1
Saitek Eclipse Blue(light color) Keyboard
RAZER Copperhead Blue(light color) Mouse
All Microsoft Programs in the suite
2x NEC Black 21.3" 8ms LCD Monitor

WDSnav
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Doesn't it cost a lot more to build your own pc since your not buying the parts in bulk?

Alienboy
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Doesn't it cost a lot more to build your own pc since your not buying the parts in bulk?

Yes and no...if you buy from computer part warehouse type companies they have alot so they can sell for less and still make a profit and aftermarket parts are ussally better than what the generic computer company parts. If you know what your buying and know where to look you can get a good computer for probally from $200-1k or 2k less than from Dell or HP etc.

WDSnav
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
I didnt know you can buy the computer part warehouses, I thought only the companies could. In your opinion is it hard to build a computer?

F0REVERL0ST
09-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Sounds great! Core Duo processor's are amazing! :)

smrtfriendship
09-12-2006, 04:26 AM
Im liking HP more now compared to before. They never really grabbed me but I always feel if you want something done right do it yourself so I go with custom stuff

Heres my good computer I just put the things you posted as well

My "specs"

Custom Built

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 Presler 3.73GHz
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 1GB) (PC2 8500)
2x Seagate Cheetah 147GB
2x Seagate Barracuda 750GB
LITE-ON DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 18X DVD±R DVD Burner
Atech Flash XM-28U BLACK 28-in-1, 8x USB 2.0, 2x IEEE 1394
Creative GigaWorks S750 700 Watts 7.1 Speaker
-dont have wireless-
MSI TV tuner
GIGABYTE Geforce 7950GX2 1GB/SLI
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1
Saitek Eclipse Blue(light color) Keyboard
RAZER Copperhead Blue(light color) Mouse
All Microsoft Programs in the suite
2x NEC Black 21.3" 8ms LCD Monitor

Fast computer. @_@ Mine is a notebook.

Toshiba Satellite A105-S4114
Microsoft XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
Intel Core Duo Processor T2250 (1.73 Ghz)
2 GB Ram
120 GB
DVD SuperMulti (+/- R double layer) drive
harman/kardon speakers
Intel Pro Wireless (802.11a/b/g
Dual Mode Touchpad (Mouse)
Fingerprint Reader

I love my notebook!

Alienboy
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I didnt know you can buy the computer part warehouses, I thought only the companies could. In your opinion is it hard to build a computer?

Its 50/50 on easy wise. Its easy now a days because if it doesnt fit it dont go there basically. If you ever played with legos I think youll be fine and there are plenty of picture guides on the web to show you where parts go and the parts come with manuals. Also if your new to building PCs make sure you have all the parts you need and if they are compatiable, just ask someone that knows what they are doing. If you are interested I can PM you 2 of my favorite and trusted places to buy from.

Fast computer. @_@ Mine is a notebook.

Fingerprint Reader

Thanks, Im really not much of a computer nerd/geek type person as I must sound tho, building and technical stuff comes easy for some reason to me but it I think its from running all these plays in football that helps me remember what things are and what to do with it all. I really only need a comp that fast for editing movies and animation stuff plus gaming when I got time. Question for you tho, The fingerprint reader...Can you use it for any password like email accounts, VMK etc. or is it only files on your computer such as log-in or folders?

PaperClip
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
On a scale of 1 to 5, five being "Oh my gosh, I can't do this" and 1 being "It was easy as counting to 2." I would give building a computer a 4 or 5. You can just go to your local computer superstore and get some parts. Like Circuit City or some internet "Home Bases" provide them too.

Alienboy
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
On a scale of 1 to 5, five being "Oh my gosh, I can't do this" and 1 being "It was easy as counting to 2." I would give building a computer an 8 or 9. You can just go to your local computer superstore and get some parts. Like Circuit City or some internet "Home Bases" provide them too.

Its a matter of inserting things into slots, screwing in racks and connecting things. Its really not hard at all just have to know where it all goes

PaperClip
09-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Its a matter of inserting things into slots, screwing in racks and connecting things. Its really not hard at all just have to know where it all goes
Great point. The two most difficult things, I find to building the computer, is finding the correct chassis and the proper wire places. But, let's get back to the topic.