View Full Version : WDW Questions

alice
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
My husband and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW in November!

We know Disneyland California like the backs of our hands, but now we're starting from scratch, so input from those of you with WDW experience would really be appreciated. I'll add more questions as they come up.

My first question may seem a bit obscure, but is there still an "Alice in Wonderland" maze in the Future World area of Epcot? Or was that a temporary feature of the Flower and Garden festival that took place in the spring? (You know I can't pass up anything with an Alice theme!)

Oranges
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
My husband and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW in November!

We know Disneyland California like the back of our hands, but now we're starting from scratch, so input from those of you with WDW experience would really be appreciated. I'll add more questions as they come up.

My first question may seem a bit obscure, but is there still an "Alice in Wonderland" maze in the Future World area of Epcot? Or was that a temporary feature of the Flower and Garden festival that took place in the spring? (You know I can't pass up anything with an Alice theme!)

Ooh, that's exciting! :D

The maze is still there right now, but the International Flower and Garden Festival won't be up in November - I believe they'll have their "Holidays Around The World" decor up in Epcot around that time.

EDIT: International Flower and Garden Festival ends September 24th, with the International Food Festival beginning September 25th.

~Oranges

alice
08-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks, Oranges. Rats, looks like we'll miss it! Anybody have pictures?

The food festival sounds like fun, though.

Next question: I've seen a discussion here of resort options for families, but I'm wondering which of the value-priced resorts (if any) would appeal most to adults. I've checked out the website, and they all seem to have such pop/contemporary themes. (Some of the moderate and deluxe ones looked amazing; I would love giraffes outside my window, lol! But those resorts are not going to be an option. ;)) Is there anything in the area that has a little more traditional decor? (And yes, I know the room is not where we're going to be spending most of our time!)

Silverstream
08-31-2006, 12:06 AM

Next question: I've seen a discussion here of resort options for families, but I'm wondering which of the value-priced resorts (if any) would appeal most to adults. I've checked out the website, and they all seem to have such pop/contemporary themes. (Some of the moderate and deluxe ones looked amazing; I would love giraffes outside my window, lol! But those resorts are not going to be an option. ;)) Is there anything in the area that has a little more traditional decor? (And yes, I know the room is not where we're going to be spending most of our time!)

Uhmm, well i'm just a kid but..whenever we go down to WDW we always stay at Carribean Beach Resort, its pretty cool with all the different place things :)

Oranges
08-31-2006, 12:08 AM

Well, you could always look at my WDW Guide in this forum if you need further insite. There's a little description with a price range in the "Resort Guide" section.

In my opinion, I think Disney's Pop Century would appeal most to adults. The other ones are a little more family-oriented. If you're willing to go just a little more family oriented, I'd suggest Disney's All Star Movies.

I know you said you're not looking into the Moderate or the Deluxe Resorts, but I think the "Moderate" catergory would be more suitable for adult guests. They have more of a mature theme (i.e. - beaches, glorious savannahs, Victorian essences). Since the Value Resorts are more for families, they won't be COMPLETELY appealing to adults. However, they are still very nice, especially Disney's Pop Century. I myself LOVE Caribbean Beach. It's completely and utterly gorgeous there. If you wanted to press your budget just a little more, I'd definitely suggest this place. :)

~Oranges

ntzsprite
08-31-2006, 01:12 AM
it was just for flower and garden

KittenPooch
08-31-2006, 05:24 AM
I stayed at the Pop Century last January in the 60's building and it was very nice. That building didn't seem to have many small children and was closest to the food court and place where you get the buses to all the parks and Downtown Disney. If you end up staying there, make sure to request the 60's building or they will just assign you a building at random. Also, this resort doesn't share a bus stop with any of the other hotels, so you have a more direct trip to the parks.

alice
08-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your input so far. I'm keeping Pop Century in mind for the value. But I'm not going to rule out the moderates, on the chance that we find a really good deal somewhere. (Have subscribed to the MouseSavers.com newsletter.)

Anyone ever stayed at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter? I have seen great reviews for both of them.

Brer_Nick
08-31-2006, 06:52 PM
I haven't stayed there, but I enjoyed the wilderness lodge. What you want is a room with a view of the lake. Not sure if the hotels your talking about is on the lake, but if you can try to get one because they have a light show at night on the lake with music and boats. I'm pretty sure they still do that, but the show is pretty good. It's a fun thing to do after a day at the parks.

Doodle
08-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I definately recommend POFQ if you're doing a moderate! Especially if you're without kids. It's one of the nicer moderates. It's not too large, so it doesn't really matter where your room is. The decor/ambience/grounds in general are beautiful. There's a path you can take along the river (you can take a boat down that river to Downtown Disney :)) and it's very quiet and serene. At night they usually have a jazz musician playing by the cafeteria-the beignets there are a MUST!

Although I haven't stayed at Riverside, if you're debating between the two-I'd pick French Quarter. If for no other reason, POFQ gets on AND off the buses first, so you usually get a seat going over.

No matter where you pick I'm sure you'll have a great time! :D

FloridaGators
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
i say start in tommorland, fantasyland, haunted mansion, frontierland, adventureland, mainstreet! the best rout i evr took

Brer_Nick
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
The route I take is to go to Liberty Square, then Frontierland, then Adventureland, then Fantasyland, then tomorrowland ,and back to main street to watch the fireworks. You can usually find a watching spot on the bridge conecting Main Street to Tomorrowland

Oranges
08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I think that Port Orleans French Quarter is very nice, but it's a little far from the parks. I still believe that Caribbean Beach is the snazziest Moderate resort, but that's just me. I love the beach, and the "tropical island" theme is very suiting!

I don't recommend Coronado Springs. Want to sleep on a bed that's as hard as a board? Look into staying here! :Tongue:

~Oranges

Brer_Nick
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I actually think that when I was a young child (3 or 4) I went there with my parents and sisters and we were short a bed so they brought up this bench like thing for me to sleep on which was as hard as a rock. At least that's what I heard. I can't remember that far back

OFF TOPIC: 1,000th post :)! :ola_2: :skellington: :dancing_gir-smilie:

DisneyGuru
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
The food and **** festival ends on Nov. 12th I believe.
For the room, it depends on how much and what type of activities you are planning.

alice
09-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Guess I haven't updated this in a while!

Thanks all of you for your input. We ended up booking Port Orleans Riverside and got a great "fall special" deal through a travel agency. We are very excited!

What I need most of all now is restaurant recommendations, both table service and counter service. We have our reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table. (I just have to eat in a castle, lol!) And I love Lady and the Tramp, so we've got to eat at Tony's. We'll be eating lightly and "on the move" a lot, so counter service and cart suggestions would be especially helpful.

Oranges
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Guess I haven't updated this in a while!

Thanks all of you for your input. We ended up booking Port Orleans Riverside and got a great "fall special" deal through a travel agency. We are very excited!

What I need most of all now is restaurant recommendations, both table service and counter service. We have our reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table. (I just have to eat in a castle, lol!) And I love Lady and the Tramp, so we've got to eat at Tony's. We'll be eating lightly and "on the move" a lot, so counter service and cart suggestions would be especially helpful.

Ooh, there's so many choices. All break down just a few of my favorites:

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Great food, great price. What more could you ask for? Hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, cold sandwiches and chili fries. (Frontierland)
Columbia Harbour House - Great food, great price. Assorted seafood - chicken tenders, fish platters, chicken and fish combos, salads, sandwiches (Liberty Square)
The Crystal Palace - Delicious food, moderate price. I definitely recommend going for breakfast - there's so much variety, and the food is some of the best around. Puffed French Toast (my favorite), bacon, eggs, toast, muffins, boatloads of fruit, pastries, rolls, ham, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, pizza. (Main Street, U.S.A. - All you can eat)
Liberty Tree Tavern - Family style favorites - turkey, flank steak, ham, mac 'n' cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls (Liberty Square - All you can eat)
San Angel Inn - Delicious Mexican food, great price. Enchiladas, tacos, churros, nachos, burritos, taquitos. (Epcot - Mexico)
Gelato Man - Pretty self explanitory, lol. Assorted gelato (Italian ice cream, VERY good!) and italian ices. Great way to cool down, great snack! (Epcot - Italy)
Chefs de France - Great food, rather steep price. Assorted French specialties. It makes a great "date night" restaurant!
Flame Tree BBQ - Great food, great price. Ribs, BBQ Chicken and pulled pork and beef. (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
The Tusker House - Great food, great price. Family favorites - beef, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac 'n' cheese, green beans, burgers. (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
Sunset Strip Market - Great finger foods, great price. Hamburgers, chicken fingers, salads, chili fries, hot dogs. (Disney/MGM Studios - Sunset Boulevard)

Hope this helps,
~Oranges

Eviie
09-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Ooh, there's so many choices. All break down just a few of my favorites:

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Great food, great price. What more could you ask for? Hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, cold sandwiches and chili fries. (Frontierland)
Columbia Harbour House - Great food, great price. Assorted seafood - chicken tenders, fish platters, chicken and fish combos, salads, sandwiches (Liberty Square)
The Crystal Palace - Delicious food, moderate price. I definitely recommend going for breakfast - there's so much variety, and the food is some of the best around. Puffed French Toast (my favorite), bacon, eggs, toast, muffins, boatloads of fruit, pastries, rolls, ham, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, pizza. (Main Street, U.S.A. - All you can eat)
Liberty Tree Tavern - Family style favorites - turkey, flank steak, ham, mac 'n' cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls (Liberty Square - All you can eat)
San Angel Inn - Delicious Mexican food, great price. Enchiladas, tacos, churros, nachos, burritos, taquitos. (Epcot - Mexico)
Gelato Man - Pretty self explanitory, lol. Assorted gelato (Italian ice cream, VERY good!) and italian ices. Great way to cool down, great snack! (Epcot - Italy)
Chefs de France - Great food, rather steep price. Assorted French specialties. It makes a great "date night" restaurant!
Flame Tree BBQ - Great food, great price. Ribs, BBQ Chicken and pulled pork and beef. (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
The Tusker House - Great food, great price. Family favorites - beef, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac 'n' cheese, green beans, burgers. (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
Sunset Strip Market - Great finger foods, great price. Hamburgers, chicken fingers, salads, chili fries, hot dogs. (Disney/MGM Studios - Sunset Boulevard)

Hope this helps,
~Oranges

Yes, Columbia Harbour House
is the best whenever my family goes to WDW we always and i mean always eat there. Its a great place to eat. The food is fantastic and the people are dressed up in a very cool matter ;) and i also wouldnt recommend Backlot tour express as a restaurant in MGM because i just finished coming from WDW 4 days ago and i ate there. And have been sick since then :( Maybe it was just that time but just be careful cause 4 of my family members got sick. And im still sick... but anyways its good food just effected me and my family members we got sick. Throwing up and well.. yeah the rest. Anyways good luck have a safe trip :)

LilMinnie4225
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I would definitly recommend
-Crystals Palace ( I have only been there for the lunch and dinner with my whole family, but everyone enjoys it. The only way you can eat there is by reservations.)Main Street Magic Kingdom

-Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Very good if you are looking for chicken fingers, sandwiches, salads,and hamburgers. We all love it.)Tommorowland Magic Kingdom

-OHANA ( Great food, couldn't ask for anything better. Ievery time we go to WDW we go there.Reservations only.If you are looking for a place with a view of the castle this is the place to go. I suggest you go there at night to see the fireworks show ,but you might want to be in the park at that tme to.)Polyinesian,Hotel can get there by monorail

-Electric Umbrella ( Just like Cosmic Ray's But in different location.)Future World ,Epcot

-BOMA ( Very good place to eat not really a family restaurant.)Animal Kingdom Lodge

targ
09-21-2006, 12:29 PM
why did you go to those places seems like a waste of time when we go we eat at Casey's or Peco Bill's

alice
09-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

I need to decide on any other restaurants that my travel agent can reserve ahead of time. I did some research on another site, and I'm interested in comments about the following lunch menu items in particular:

Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Tree Tavern (for lunch, not the character meal) - Colony Salad, New England Pot Roast, Pilgrim's Feast
Plaza Restaurant - Chicken Strawberry Salad, Plaza Club, Tuna Salad or Turkey sandwich

Epcot World Showcase:
Chefs de France - Lobster Bisque, Onion Soup, Crepe Basquaise, Quiche Lorraine, The French Menu (onion soup, ham and cheese sandwich, green salad and baked vanilla cream)
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Cheddar Cheese Soup, Beef Tenderloin Salad, Barbeque Chicken Sandwich, Mixed Field Greens, French Dip Sandwich
Rose and Crown - Potato and Leek Soup, Fish and Chips, Ploughman's Salad, Soup and Corned Beef Sandwich
San Angel Inn - Tortilla Soup, Ensalada Mexicana, Plato Mexicano, Tacos Al Carbone (This looks worth it for the setting alone! Sort of a Mexican Blue Bayou concept. :))

MGM Studios:
50's Prime Time Cafe - Chicken Pot Pie, Fried Chicken, Pot Roast
Mama Melrose's - How are the soups and salads?
Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre - Chili, BLT Soup, Shrimp Penne Pasta, Smoked Turkey Sandwich (Just can't pass up this famous VMK place! Better pin "taken" badges on ourselves, though. ;))

Downtown Disney:
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant - Clam Chowder, Vegetable Soup, Shrimp and Crab Pasta, Tuna Sandwich with Soup
Planet Hollywood - Texas Tostadas, Grilled Salmon, Shrimp Alfredo
Portobello Yacht Club - Minestrone, Create Your Own Pizza/Calzone, Four Cheese Pizza

Port Orleans Riverside:
Boatwright's Dining Hall - Breakfast: It all looks good! What do you recommend?

Wilderness Lodge:
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Chili, Southwestern Chicken Soup, Buffalo Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad with Candied Walnuts, Fried Chicken

In case you can't tell, I'm really starting to get into this. ;)

Oranges
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Here's my thoughts on the restaurants you listed...

Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Tree Tavern (for lunch, not the character meal) - Colony Salad, New England Pot Roast, Pilgrim's Feast
Oranges Says: Delicious food, fantastic experience for both lunch and character meals. The ambience is stunning and the food is wonderful. The price is a little steep, however.
Plaza Restaurant - Chicken Strawberry Salad, Plaza Club, Tuna Salad or Turkey sandwich
Oranges Says: Good food - not the best, but it's not bad. The price is moderate, and the experience is great. It's one of the more "average" restaurants there.

Epcot World Showcase:
Chefs de France - Lobster Bisque, Onion Soup, Crepe Basquaise, Quiche Lorraine, The French Menu (onion soup, ham and cheese sandwich, green salad and baked vanilla cream)
Oranges Says: Chefs de France is absolutely delicious. The food is to die for, the ambience is spectacular, and there's great views of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. This restaurant is perfect for a romantic evening, but the price is a little steep. I think it's worth it, however. If you wanted to go for a nice dinner, I'd put the funds towards spending an evening here.
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Cheddar Cheese Soup, Beef Tenderloin Salad, Barbeque Chicken Sandwich, Mixed Field Greens, French Dip Sandwich
Oranges Says: Delicious, delicious, delicious. The price is a little steep, but the food is excellent. The service and the ambience is wonderful.
Rose and Crown - Potato and Leek Soup, Fish and Chips, Ploughman's Salad, Soup and Corned Beef Sandwich
Oranges Says: Well, Rose and Crown is, um, very average. It's not great, but it's not terrible. It's kind of like fast food quality...
San Angel Inn - Tortilla Soup, Ensalada Mexicana, Plato Mexicano, Tacos Al Carbone (This looks worth it for the setting alone! Sort of a Mexican Blue Bayou concept. :))
Oranges Says: San Angel Inn is a MUST. The food is DELICIOUS, the atmosphere is incredible and the service is fantastic. The price is moderate and the food is wonderful. Note: It is VERY dark, and sometimes you have to read your menu close to the candlelight.

MGM Studios:
Oranges Says: Prime Time is good food, but the ambience is a little comical. I recommend this place for lunch, but not dinner. The food isn't exactly dinner quality, but it works in a pinch for a great lunch!
Mama Melrose's - How are the soups and salads?
Oranges Says: I'd stay away from Mama's. We went there last year for my brother's birthday, and it's probably one of the worst at MGM. The food comes in small portions for a huge price (it's $15.99 for a bowl of adult spaghetti). Some of the food is a little bland. If you do go here, I recommend the pizza. It's probably the best tasting for the price. We walked out a little disappointed. They give you a stick of sesame seed bread, but your entrees come without sides. I don't think it's worth the hefty price, but if you want to try it, by all means go ahead!
Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre - Chili, BLT Soup, Shrimp Penne Pasta, Smoked Turkey Sandwich (Just can't pass up this famous VMK place! Better pin "taken" badges on ourselves, though. ;))
Oranges Says: The experience is one-of-a-kind, but there's other MGM restaurants that have better food. It's a little greasy, and sometimes the food comes out cold. It just depends on when you go. Typically, when they're busy the food is of lesser quality. In my opinion, it's a better lunch spot than a dinner spot.

Downtown Disney:
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant - Clam Chowder, Vegetable Soup, Shrimp and Crab Pasta, Tuna Sandwich with Soup
Oranges Says: Cap'n's is one of the best places for seafood on the WDW premisis. The food is great and the ambience is awesome. The price is a little steep, but it depends on what you get. I think it's one of the best Downtown Disney restaurants there, in my opinion.
Planet Hollywood - Texas Tostadas, Grilled Salmon, Shrimp Alfredo
Oranges Says: Beware. The food is, well, not good. It's very expensive for low quality food. I'd steer clear of "Hollywood", if I was you. The ambience is great, but the food is far from it. I'd only go in to shop and see the famous memorabilia, but certainly not to eat...

Portobello Yacht Club - Minestrone, Create Your Own Pizza/Calzone, Four Cheese Pizza
Oranges Says: Ooh, Yacht Club is one of the best places to get pizza. The pizza is DELICIOUS and the price is great. This is a GREAT lunch hotspot, and I HIGHLY recommend it. However, I'd definitely make reservations now. I've never seen it not crowded.

Port Orleans Riverside:
Boatwright's Dining Hall - Breakfast: It all looks good! What do you recommend?
Oranges Says: This is a WONDERFUL place to start your day. The puffed French Toast is TO DIE FOR. There's a wonderful variety, and the food is wonderful. The price is borderline steep, however.

Wilderness Lodge:
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Chili, Southwestern Chicken Soup, Buffalo Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad with Candied Walnuts, Fried Chicken
Oranges Says: Yum, yum, yum. We ate here twice when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge. The food is finger-lickin' good. It's definitely for the spicy-loving tastebuds, but if you don't like spice, I would definitely steer clear of the Southwestern Chicken Soup. It's hot!

Hope this helps,
~Oranges

prisoner
09-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Magic Kingdom:

We find this an absolutely wonderful place to have lunch. A little step above the "fast food" available elsewhere, but still comfortable, cozy, relaxing, and with great food. It is also often missed by people when planning.

I think we've booked lunch here for every day we'll be in the MK our next trip.

I seem to remember their sandwiches as always being good, and huge.

Epcot World Showcase:

We've dined here a few times and... well... we always want to like it, but never seem to. The service is spotty, and the food has always been so-so.

This is a mandatory visit for us when in Epcot. Quite exceptional. The Soup is one of their signature items.

I don't think we've ever eaten here for lunch except on special occasions, so none of these items look familiar to me. We've always enjoyed their food, however, despite the reputation British food seems to have.

The setting, unfortunately, was about the only reason to try it. And yes, it was definately borrowed from the Blue Bayou.

Part of your enjoyment here depends how much you enjoy and experience "Mexican" food where you live. We had been very used to Tex/Mex from Texas, and were somewhat let down by what we experienced here. Others really love it.

MGM Studios:

This is definately a "theme" restaurant like no other, but has become one of our favorites. The food is really really good "comfort food". The ambiance is fun. Save room for dessert. :)

This is another place that we always want to like, because the theming is so great. Unfortunately, the food has always a big dissapointment to us. (then again, we heard rumors they improved the food since we were last there.)

Downtown Disney:

The only food we have at DD is at Ghiradellis... :) Don't think we've ever enjoyed a meal at any of the other restaurants. Neither the food nor the service are up to Disney standards because nothing is run by Disney.

Wilderness Lodge:

Order a milkshake. Ask for ketchup. The food has always been good and fun when we were there, but service a bit spotty.

In case you can't tell, I'm really starting to get into this. ;)[/QUOTE]

LadyVader
09-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok I am now so hungry that I cant see straight. I just had dinner at Le Celliar last week, the food is bar none the best at Epcot. Also ate at Morrocco, and I have to tell you it was amazing. What a taste treat, the Chicken couscous was incredible.

alice
10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
It's been a while since I updated this thread, and a lot of plans have been settled in the last few weeks. Our trip is coming up fast now; we don't get to WDW until the 9th, but will be leaving for North Carolina on the 4th.

If you haven't seen me a whole lot in VMK it's because of all the research I've been doing to get ready for this. Thanks everyone for all the tips; they really helped!

We are lucky that our time frame will include not only the last days of the Food and (Fermented Spirits ;)) Festival, but the beginning of some holiday events as well. Can't wait to see the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights! And we found out about the Nov. 13th "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" at the last minute, so we added tickets for that.

After reading on other forums, I'm realizing that since our MVMCP tickets qualify as separate park entries from our multiday passes, we may be able to turn in additional quests on the day of the party, if we do it sometime between 4:00 and 7:00. (VMK Central will be closed after that.) Anyone have any experience with this from last year, or from the current "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween" party?

And are there any other "holiday" things between the 9th and the 16th I might not be aware of? Never figured on getting into Christmas quite so early. But hey, this is Disney; I guess it's always Christmas here, just like in VMK!

Oranges
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Sounds great, Alice! But I'll be real here:

I don't want to discourage you from going to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party, but be advised that the only reason you are paying the $35+ dollars for is the hot chocolate and cookies. The HolidayWishes firework show plays nightly at the Magic Kingdom during the holidays ON REGULAR NIGHTS. Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Parade also shows daily at the park during the day. And on top of that, it snows on Main Street on regular nights, too. So, you're really paying for cocoa and cookies. But again, I don't want to discourage you from going, because it is a neat experience for a first time thing, but they show the exact same events on regular days...

Now, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is truly the best holiday event they have. You can ONLY see that on special Holiday nights (with paid admission, of course), and you can't see it anywhere else. In my opinion, seeing that is the absolute best way to celebrate the holidays at Disney. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Dining Package that goes with it. You can eat at any Table Service restaurant in the World Showcase, and you get guaranteed reserved seats. It's wonderful, and it's great to see with spouses. It's an incredible re-telling of the Christmas Story, as told by celebrity guests, and then there is Christmas music performed by one of the best choirs I have ever heard. It will bring tears to your eyes.

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights is well, spectacular. EVERYTHING is lit up (even the curbs, the street, and the trashcans). It's amazing, and very electrical!

~Oranges

alice
10-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Sounds great, Alice! But I'll be real here:

I don't want to discourage you from going to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party, but be advised that the only reason you are paying the $35+ dollars for is the hot chocolate and cookies. The HolidayWishes firework show plays nightly at the Magic Kingdom during the holidays ON REGULAR NIGHTS. Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Parade also shows daily at the park during the day. And on top of that, it snows on Main Street on regular nights, too. So, you're really paying for cocoa and cookies. But again, I don't want to discourage you from going, because it is a neat experience for a first time thing, but they show the exact same events on regular days...

Now, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is truly the best holiday event they have. You can ONLY see that on special Holiday nights (with paid admission, of course), and you can't see it anywhere else. In my opinion, seeing that is the absolute best way to celebrate the holidays at Disney. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Dining Package that goes with it. You can eat at any Table Service restaurant in the World Showcase, and you get guaranteed reserved seats. It's wonderful, and it's great to see with spouses. It's an incredible re-telling of the Christmas Story, as told by celebrity guests, and then there is Christmas music performed by one of the best choirs I have ever heard. It will bring tears to your eyes.

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights is well, spectacular. EVERYTHING is lit up (even the curbs, the street, and the trashcans). It's amazing, and very electrical!

~OrangesHave already bought the tickets for MVMCP. I tried to read very carefully on the WDW website as well as other forums, and did not see anything about either Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade or snow on Main Street for any of the regular days and nights we will be there. On the phone the cast member implied these were specific to the party, with the parade being the same as what will take place on Christmas Day. Can anyone else verify this?

I don't believe the Candlelight Processional will be taking place until after we are gone. But the one at Disneyland California is very near and dear to our hearts, as my husband and I participated in the "1000-voice choir" for many years. These are some of our favorite memories. This past Christmas, we lucked out and ended up with perfect seats facing the train station on Main Street, as we experienced the processional and ceremony again, complete with Hallelujah Chorus!

Oranges
10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Have already bought the tickets for MVMCP. I tried to read very carefully on the WDW website as well as other forums, and did not see anything about either Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade or snow on Main Street for any of the regular days and nights we will be there. On the phone the cast member implied these were specific to the party, with the parade being the same as what will take place on Christmas Day. Can anyone else verify this?

Um.. the Cast Member is, well, wrong. I think he/she has to say that in order to sell tickets to the event...

HolidayWishes plays on regular holiday nights during their Christmas season, and so does the parade. The Christmas Day parade is a little different - there's celebrities on the floats, and I think there's a different finale float.

But as you said before, wait and see if anyone here can verify that. Unless they changed it over this year, the same shows are presented on regular days. I know that the Not-So-Scary Party has the exclusive presentations, but I know I went to MVMCP last year, and when we went back to Magic Kingdom the next day, the same firework show and parade were being presented that day.

~Oranges

FloridaRocks
10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
i've been on every attraction every dining are (ive been 13 times) and i have so much tips!!!

evanrocks123
10-28-2006, 01:21 PM
If you are going to MGM get there before it opens and when it does open..run and i mean run ( with everyone else ) to Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. Also stay around after Fantasmic! and go back to those two rides. Almost no lines at all.

gone_batty
10-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Buying a ticket for the Christmas party might be a good investment in itself, if it's anything like the Halloween party. My husband and I just got back from MNSSHP, and due to the short lines we were able to ride so many attractions that it was almost as good as an additional full day in the park.

Batty ^"^