View Full Version : The Ouija Board -- The story

Eviie
08-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone well i decided to take a shot at making a story! This is my first one so please tell me if its good or not. I will add each chapter right after i finish them

Summary: Janet was a popular girl who had everything until she tried out a "ouija board" everything slowly started to change and bad things began to happen.

Chapter 1: It was Monday morning, a typical day for Janet, a 16 year old girl who had everything a girl wished for a convertable, a mansion, laid-back parents, and not to forget she was very popular. There she was looking at her closet wondering what to wear to school she couldnt decide whether to wear a red bebe shirt or a chanel babydoll shirt she sat there for 10 minutes trying to decide which shirt to wear. Then her mother gently knocked on the door and opened it and says "Janet are you ready yet? You need to be in school by 7:20 today because i have a very important meeting i cant miss" "Uhh" Janet said. "I'll be there in a second! Which shirt should i wear this one or that one?" She said pointing at both shirts. "Which ever you'd like but Janet please hurry up look at the time its 7:07!" "Fine mom i guess i'll go with the red bebe shirt". Janet went to the bathroom to change, she came out of the bathroom looking into the mirror and saying to herself "Not what i was looking for but whatever" she looked at the clock and it read 7:11. She screamed and said "Oh my god i havent even gotten fully ready!" She picked her hair up in a pony tail and put make-up on. She went downstairs grabbed a capri-sun and headed for the door at 7:15 exact! She ran to her mom's car, got inside and buckled her seatbelt. "Sorry for taking so long mom" she said. "Its ok Janet but please start waking up earlier i really cant be late to work anymore" Her mom replied. Her mother drove off. "O.k here we are Janet, Lake Sundown High." her mother saids out loud. "Remember be nice to others and dont make a bad impression on the first day of school" she said. "Yeah yea yea whatever mom can i get off the car now?!" Janet said. "Of course sweetie" her mother said. Janet un-buckled her seat-belt took the last sip of her capri sun and got off the car.

Chapter 2: It was the first day Janet was officially a Junior in Highschool.She saw her friend from far away and yelled "Molly!!". Molly was Janet's best friend they've been friends since they were toddlers! Molly was 16 as well she had long curly blonde hair and green eyes. "Janet!!" Molly yelled back. They both ran to each other and hugged. Janet wasnt able to see Molly during the summer since Molly went to Norway to visit her family. "I havent seen you in forever! You've changed soo much! I see you got your new iPod!" Janet said. "Yep sure did! I bought it right before heading to Norway!" Molly replied. "Cool! Lets go over there and talk rather then sitting here in the sun" Janet said. The 2 best friends walked to a bench when they bumped into Janet's other friend Janice. Janice had only knew Janet for 1 year. She had Black hair with red highlights, she wasnt preppy like Janet she was more of a tom-boy she did every sport you can name! "Hey Janet whats up! How's your summer been?" Janice asked. "Its been cool i traveled the world in a trailer... just playing *Laughs* it was pretty boring. How about yours?" Janet said. "Awesome i spent some time at my cousins house. She introduced me to this really cool board game! Its called the "Ouija board" You kind of connect to lost spirits! Its cool! You should stop by my house today so you can try it out" Janice said. "Sure!" Janet said excited. Molly grabbed Janet's arm and dragged her near the water fountain and said "Janet are you crazy?!? Anything can happen i believe its real. My mom did it when she was younger and alot of things started to happen to her! Are you really going to try it out" Molly said in a serious tone. "Why not? Its just a board game!" Janet said. "OK Whatever you say Janet." Molly replied. They went to the front office to see if they got any classes together. Janet's fingers ran through the list looking for there names. "Ahaa" Janet said. "Period 1 Home ec" She read out loud. Molly then ran her fingers through the list as well and said "Period 1 Home ec! Yay we got the same class!!" Molly yelled! They exited the office and dragged there feet to class. Half way down the hall Janet see's the Home ec room and says here we are Molly. They knocked on the door and Mrs.Fisher opened the door greeting them. They went inside, took a seat and read the board.

Chapter 3: Janet and Molly read the board. It read "Welcome to Home Ec! Here you will learn how to cook,sew and so much more". Mrs.Fisher looked outside to see if any more students were on there way. "Well i guess thats it" She said out loud. "We are not going to start doing anything until later. Right now our actual home ec room were we cook is under construction they are putting new applainces and enhancing it!" She said. Molly and Janet looked at each other and had a weird facial expression. "Is anything wrong girls?" Mrs.Fisher said. "No nothings wrong" They both said. They said that nothing was wrong but as you know they were lying. They werent looking forward to Home ec. "OK then i guess i can begin let me introuduce myself... Im" *BRINNGG* the bell rang "Well i guess thats it! See you all tomorrow!" Molly and Janet walked out to the hallway and said "This class is gonna be boring" they both said. "Well hey at least we have each other!" Molly said. They hugged and walked to there next class. The day went by slow... [5 hours later] "Ahwww" Janet yawned and waved goodbye to Molly who was boarding the bus. Janet took her cellphone out of her pocket and dialed her moms cellphone number. "Hello?" her mother answered the phone in low tone. "Mom? When are you going to pick me up? Im burning out here in the sun" Janet said. "I cant pick you up today.. ask one of your friends to. How about Janice?" Her mother said. "Oh yeahh thats right i got to go to her house today anyway to go play the ouija board" Janet said. "Play what?!? Well be careful and dont play any weird games. I'll pick you up at around 6:20. Bye sweetie dont forget to eat something" her mother said. "Ok bye" Janet hung up the phone looked at her clock. It was 3:47. She looked around and saw Janice standing next to a palm tree. "Hey Janice whats up! I dont got a ride do you think you can ask your mom if she can pick me up too? I mean either way i was gonna go to your house to do the ouija board." Janet said. "Sure i dont think it will be too much of a problem" Janice said. They walked to the front of the school waiting for their ride. Janice's moms car parked. Janices mother Marissa yelled out the window and said "Hey girls! Janet do you need a ride again" Marissa asked. "Yes *laughs low and blushes*". "Aww dont worry you know i dont mind! Come on you too i left your cousin home alone. "OK!" Janice and Janet yelled. They walked over to the car opened the door, slid down and put there seat belts on. Marissa smiled and drove to Janice's house. After a long drive Janet,Janice and Marissa stepped off the car and went inside.

Chapter 4: Janet and Janice walked into the house. The girls walked upstairs. Janice opens her bedroom door and leaves it open so Janet can step in. Then she closes the door and takes something out of under her bed. "Ahaa here it is!" She said blowing off the dust on the board game. "Thats the ouija board?" Janet asked. "Yup legend has it that you connect with spirits me and my cousin connected with my grandma!" Janice said. "Whoaah hmm are you sure we should do this? I mean do you think anything will go wrong?" Janet asked nervously. "Well i dont know, but hey! Trying never hurts right?" Janice said. "Hmm yeah sure" Janet said. Janice dimmed the light of her bedroom and went outside to the hall and came back in with tons of candles in her hand. "Can you give me a hand please? And get the match off my counter?" Janice asked polietly. "Sure" Janet said handing the match to Janice then taking the candles out of Janice's hand. "Thanks" Janice said. They lit the candles and set the board together. "OK Janet since you've never tried this before just put your hand on top of mine and just follow exactly what im doing OK?" Janice said. "Hmm ok sure!" Janet said anxciously. Janice placed her hand on top of the plastic pointer, Janet put her hand lightly on top of the pointer as well. Janice said "OK Now we will begin". Janet gulped. She told Janet to concentrate on the question she would ask. "Who are you?" They asked the ouija board. The pointer directed them letter by letter the name spelled out was "Roselie" Janet began to sweat and grew very nervous. "How old are you?" They asked the ouija board. Again the pointer directed them to the number 2 and 8 making her 28. Janet then said "Janice please lets stop doing this is getting freaky". "Oh goshh your not scared are you?" Janice said. Janet nodded and gulped once again she really was scared but since she was under peer pressure she continued. "How did you die?" They asked the ouija board. This one question took a while and Roselie the spirit answered "I was burned at teh steak people accused me of being a witch". Janet became very scared and said "OK we really need to stop now! This is getting scary" Janice nodded side to side and they continued once again. They then asked "Were you a witch?" then all of a sudden the plastic pointer slid off the board. Janet stepped back then a sudden wind blew through the curtains and the candle light flickered.

Chapter 5: Janice and Janet freaked out. Janice closed the ouija board and slid it under her bed. Her mom opened her door, Janice and Janet jumped, they were still in shock. Her mom, Marissa said "Are you guys OK? Why is it so dark in here?" Janice answered nervously saying "Oh hmm yeah nothing i mean are eyes were hurting because were super tired after a long day at school" Her mom looked at her mysteriously. Janice and Janet went downstairs. Janice asked her mom to make some Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. They both stared at Marissa making the sandwiches. "All done!" said Marissa. "Yummm! These are really good" said Janet. Marissa smiled. "Mom can we take the sandwiches upstairs?" asked Janice. "Sure. Just dont make a mess, i just vacummed today" Marissa said. The girls nodded and went upstairs with their sandwiches. She turned her light on in the room and left the door open. "What just happened Janice?" Janet asked worried. "I have no clue but im just really scared right now" Janice replied. Janet looked at her watch it read 6:19 she dialed her mom's cellphone number the phone rang but no answer... She hanged up and dialed again. Her mom answered "Im on the way sweetie" she answered so quickly since she knew why Janet was calling. "OK Mom" Janet said. Beep Beep! Janet looked out the window and saw her mom's car parked in Marissa's driveway. Janet said bye to Marissa and Janice grabbed her bookbag and ran out the door. Marissa waved to Janet's mom, Janet's mom waved back. Janet opened the car door and put her feet inside the car followed by her body. She didnt say anything to her mom which was a mistake. Her mom asked her typical questions like What did you eat? Did you have fun? questions that moms usually ask there kids right after they come out of their friends house. Janet answered as if nothing were to ever have happened. Her mom smiled and after a short drive they stepped off the car. Janet went inside her house and gave a kiss to her dad. "How was your first day at school cuppy?" he asked. He always would call Janet cuppy ever since she was small. "It was fine thanks dad" she answered. She took off her shoes and went upstairs to wash her face. She went to her bathroom and locked the door she leaned were the sink was and opened the faucet she splashed the water onto her face. When she looked up she saw in the mirror foggy letters spelling "Roselie" the name of the spirit...

Chapter 6: Janet blinked 3 times to make sure she wasnt seeing things.. but this was real. Janet opened the door and ran downstairs crying she opened her sliding glass door which led to her backyard. She sat down and began to ask herself questions such as "Am i going crazy?" "All this must be a dream" she was in deep shock and called Janice. Nobody answered she kept trying till a message on Janice's phone said "Its too late you tried out the game, you cant do anything about it now" Janet wondered if it was a joke or not. "Janet, dinner!" her mom said. Janet wiped off the dried tears on her cheeks and went inside. She sat down at the dinner table and began to play with the peas on her plate with her fork. "Is there something wrong Janet?" her mother asked. "Hmm ye..No nothings wrong" she replied. Janet's mom, Nina was staring at Janet still wondering what had happened. Janet then spoke up and said "Mom, Dad". "Yes?" They both answered. "Nevermind.. im not hungry can i be excused?" Janet asked politely. "Sure sweetie, and remember whenever you need anything im here for you" Nina said looking at Janet. Janet went upstairs scared to see something again. She went to the bathroom got her toothbrush and put the toothpaste on her toothbrush and brushed her teeth. She gargled and looked into the mirror. She opened the bathroom door and went to her room. She looked in her closet and took out a pair of pajamas from the rack. Put her pair of pajamas and got ready for bed. She laid in bed and turned on her T.V. She took the remote control off her bed stand and switched channel to channel, she saw a commercial about a therapist she opened the drawer in her nightstand and took out a pen and paper. She wrote down the number she saw on the screen and switched the channel she saw an old black and white movie and saw a woman on a staek. She remember what Roselie the spirit had said about her being burned on the steak. She found it to be a coincidence until she heard someone yell "Roselie!" and the T.V turned off by itself. She freaked out and shut her eyes closed. She began to cry and say "Why me!" she cried herself to sleep. Next morning she woke up yawned and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. When she finished she went to her room and opened her closet. Nearly all her clothes was gone! She had only about 10 shirts and 10 pairs of pants left. She thought maybe her mom took the clothes out of the closet to wash it or something. She took out a shirt and a pair of pants and put them on. She went downstairs and found her mom crying.

Chapter 7: Janet looked at her mom wondering what had happened, her mom wasnt the type of person to cry. Janet walked up to her mom and said "Mom are you ok? What happen?" her mother looked at her and said "Janet were gonna have to sell the house and your car i just got a call that i lost my job and with just your dad working we wont be able to pay the bills" Janet was shocked she got her bookbag and ran out the door crying she was very depressed that all of this stuff began to happen. Then she remembered that she had copied down the phone number of the therapist she had a plan to tell her parents she would walk to school but what she really did was call the therapist and make an appointment A.S.A.P. The cellphone was inside her house so she opened the door and went upstairs and opened her bedroom door, she first opened her drawer to take out the therapist number she then saw her cellphone lying on her nightstand she grabbed it and put it in her bookbag and ran back out the door and said "Mom i'll walk to school today". She walked downstairs and hugged her Mom she went out the door and began to walk. She took the cellphone out of her bookbag and took the phone number out of her pocket. She read out-loud "555-843-8484" while dialling the number *ringgg, ringgg....ringgg* "Hello this is Sandra your local therapist. When would you like to make an appointment?". "As soon as possible like now!" Janet said shaking. "Hmm Miss we currently are full for today please calm down and take a deep breath how about Sunday?" Janet really needed to see the therapist and she didnt want to wait because she didnt know if anything would happen by then. Janet took a long pause. "Hello Miss?" the therapist asked. "Hmm yes im here. I really need to see a therapist now because bad things are happening can you please try to fit me in for today?" Janet asked hoping they would say yes. "Well im going to have to see on that. I will call you to see if you can come today ok?" Sandra said. Janet began to wonder and thought that it was worth the wait so she said "Sure my number is 555-889-5522". "Ok Miss i will call you when i get the chance to check out the appointment book. Bye" Janet then said "Bye" as well and hung up. She walked to School even though she wasnt planning on going but she did. Once she arrived she sat down on a bench and began to cry again. Molly saw her crying and walked up to Janet and asked "Whats wrong Janet? I've never seen you so depressed. You should get some rest". Janet looked at her and put her face in her palms and shook her head. "Im just so tired of it, you were right i should have never tried that Ouija board so many things are happening including my mom just lost her job. I understand if you dont want to talk to me after all you just were trying to help" Janet said. Molly looked at her and said "Janet do you really think i'd be mad? Im your best friend im here for you. You should go home its not good for you to be like this here in school. Go home and rest". Janet hugged Molly and said "Ok i guess i will go home. I'll see you later". Janet walked home and her phone rang. She picked it up and it was the therapist in other words Sandra. "Hello Janet i think it'd be perfect for you to come right now someone canceled their appointment" Sandra said. Janet smiled and said "OK i will be right there whats the adress?" Sandra gave her the directions and Janet began to walk. After a 20 minute walk she saw the office. She opened the door and went inside.

Chapter 8: Janet looked around the office and went to the front desk to sign her name on the appointment sheet. She then sat down and grabbed a magazine off the magazine rack. She began to flip pages when she saw an ad that said "Free Potion with purchase of spell charm. All your worries will disappear in a flash" Janet took out a pen and notepad out of her bookbag and wrote down the address she would go to the shop after she was done with her therapist appointment. She kept flipping through the magazine and saw a picture of a ouija board she jumped back and ripped it out. She never wanted to see it again. "Janet Delia" called out the person at the front desk. "Yes?" Janet replied standing up. "Your next, please take this pass and swipe it through the key pad next to the door" She said handing the pass to Janet. "OK sure thing that door over there?" Janet asked. The reservations woman nodded and said "Just swipe it and when it turns green just open the door handle Sandra's office is the 2nd one to the right". Janet did what she was told and walked into the hall and looked to her right. There she was standing in front of the 2nd room. She knocked gently and asked "Can i step in?". Someone opened the door and shook Janet's hand. "Hello Ms.Delia im Sandra. I will be your therapist, please come on in and take a seat" Janet smiled and went inside she looked around the room and sat down. "OK Sweetie so tell me what is it that is bothering you so much" Asked Sandra. Janet looked down and then up and said "Well me and my friend tried out a Ouija board and we tried it out thinking nothing bad would happen. Then all of a sudden we asked the spirit.. Roselie the spirit to be exact.. and" Janet was interuppted by Sandra. "Roselie the town spook?" Janet asked "How do you know about Roselie?" Janet asked confused. Sandra calmly explained "Legend has it that back in the 1800's this town was known for burning witches at the stake. I read in an old book about Roselie Jane a woman in her mid 20's who was acussed of casting spells". Janet was pretty suprised. She explained every other thing that happened which she wasnt able to explain before. "And what about your friend?" Sandra asked. "Well Janice doesnt know that im here today.. and i dont want her to know neither" Janet replied. The phone rang. "Please excuse me for a second, Janet" Sandra said. Janet nodded and wandered around in the room. "OK Well im expecting someone now so how about we continue talking about this tomorrow?" Sandra asked. Janet nodded a no and took her stuff and left the office, she didnt feel this therapist would take her seriously. There she was outside the office but with the same un-answered questions in her mind. She then remember how she had the address to the potion store. So she opened her bookbag and took out the piece of paper which had the dirrections written on it. She noticed that it was a little far away so she found the nearest bus-stop that would lead her were she wanted to go. So she walked over to the bus-stop. 7 minutes later the bus arrived. The big blue doors opened and she entered the bus carefully hoping not to fall on the steps. She slid her bus pass and took a seat.

DinoVan
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
sounds very cool, i cant wait for the next chapter

MsHyper
08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Very good! great work! can't wait for more! :D :D :)

DinoVan
08-26-2006, 08:44 PM
woot!! lol i cant wait for them to try out the oiuja board!

i was gonna search oiuja board but decided not to since 1. i know what it is 2. scary stuff man scary stuff.........

Eviie
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Chapter 5.. BEEP BEEP!!

themist
08-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Sound Great So Far ....Keep up the good work !!

Eviie
08-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Sound Great So Far ....Keep up the good work !!

Thanks :D I keep updating every time i finish a chapter :D I think im going to go up to a Chapter 10-15 i even know my last sentence for the last chapter :D

DinoVan
08-26-2006, 10:04 PM
woot!!!!!! omg i love love love! this story.

Eviie
08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
woot!!!!!! omg i love love love! this story.

Thanks! I write alot LOL im probably going to do another chapter like in an hour

BMarie521
08-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Wierd but cool story....

Eviie
08-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Done with Chapter 6. I think im going to continue either tomorrow or late today

Brer_Nick
08-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Ojeigi Boards or however you spell it are considered to be a portal to hech by somepeople. Muahaha fear the evil Parker Bros.!

Eviie
08-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Ojeigi Boards or however you spell it are considered to be a portal to hech by somepeople. Muahaha fear the evil Parker Bros.!

LOL!! :D I didnt know making a story would be such hard work.. LOL

Eviie
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Chapter 8 has been added :D

ariellover4life
08-28-2006, 01:10 AM
wow please write more

Eviie
09-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone i have been extremely busy with school so i will add as soon as i am less busy