View Full Version : Bring Back Alien Encounter.

Jurassic park fan
08-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I know this will never work but it's a try. Alien encounter was an awesome ride. But before I make a petition and send it to the Walt Disney Company I want to see something.

If you want Alien encounter back, please post: Bring back Extraterrorestrial! And post your VMK name.

If you want too keep Stitch, Post: Keep Stitch! And post your VMK name. I will wait 1 week. If there are more Bring back Extraterrorestrial-als, then I will send this petition to disney. No harm to Stitch fans given. If there are more keep-stitch!-es, Then I will not send the petition.

Notice: For the Die-Hard Stitch Fans, do not make a new account and post: "Keep Stitch!" On new accounts. Same for the Die-Hard Extraterrorestrial fans. I don't want to hurt any feelings. Consider this a VMK-Wide question. Keep Stitch or Bring Back Extraterrorestrial? And not a petition.

Seizing the Future with XS, or Seizing the thrills with Stitch,

Bestjurassicpark.

chorustwo
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Keep Stitch!!
make a half point (if you can) for AE(it was kinda entertaining but still SCARY!! (The eating the man part and all.. not that was wrong/gross)
~cooly

kryon2
08-20-2006, 08:41 PM
keep stich
the other ride was scary

Jurassic park fan
08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Bring Back Extraterrorestrial! Sorry Stitch, I gotta go with this awesome ride.

PrincessWall
08-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Bring back Extraterrorestrial! VMK Name: Walnutfudge

I doubt it will happen but... You know, the Stitch ride in my opinion was stupid. Dont flame me, cause I know people will want to >_<

PirateTod
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
ok i LOVED the old one

it was so wicked awesome.

the stitch 1 is just odd and after i watched it/rode it, i can never eat chili dogs again....blech!

ACEROLLER
08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Alein Encounter will never come back. Yes it was a sweet ride and that alein was O_O mind blowing. But that ride was a little bit over the top for younger kids which made Disney think. This caused them to make a family attraction good for everyone. I like AE but stitch is more family oriented.

PirateTod
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
i agree with ACEROLLER

i would not take my younger family members on to AE but they LOVE Stitch. so i still have to get watered on and burped on....oh the smell!

Bestwheels
08-20-2006, 09:22 PM
bring back Extraterrorestrial VMK name " Bestwheels. (maybe CL_Bestwheels not sure yet.)

Jurassic park fan
08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
The thing is, y'all, Extraterrorestrial was almost the ONLY ride that us thrill-seekers-who-like-things-that-make-people-scream at Magic Kingdom, Besides Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. ( BTM isn't really that much of a thrill ride )

DFreak1989
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Keep Stitch

AE was way too un-disney-ish, and it scared people way too much. Not an appropriate ride for a place called the "Magic Kingdom," put it in MGM or something.

graygirl
08-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Bring it back!
graygirl

AwsomeAdrienne
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Keep Stitch!!
AwsomeAdrienne

Jurassic park fan
08-20-2006, 10:11 PM
3-4 ( forgot) stitch

4 Extraterrorestrial

GatorGreen
08-20-2006, 10:21 PM
How about keeping Stitch in that spot and puting Extraterrorestrial somewhere else. Everyone is happy!

Jurassic park fan
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Hmms. Good Idea. And maybe put an age restriction for that ride so little kids won't get scared.

chorustwo
08-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Thats a great idea! I would maybe sorta want to ride AE again. Maybe.. (thinks) No! but that is still a good idea

Flame Gun
08-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Hmms. Good Idea. And maybe put an age restriction for that ride so little kids won't get scared.

Walt Disney World is for kids and should not have rides little kids would get scared on if you have any problems don't go to wdw

Thenishall
08-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I know this will never work but it's a try. Alien encounter was an awesome ride. But before I make a petition and send it to the Walt Disney Company I want to see something.

If you want Alien encounter back, please post: Bring back Extraterrorestrial! And post your VMK name.

If you want too keep Stitch, Post: Keep Stitch! And post your VMK name. I will wait 1 week. If there are more Bring back Extraterrorestrial-als, then I will send this petition to disney. No harm to Stitch fans given. If there are more keep-stitch!-es, Then I will not send the petition.

Notice: For the Die-Hard Stitch Fans, do not make a new account and post: "Keep Stitch!" On new accounts. Same for the Die-Hard Extraterrorestrial fans. I don't want to hurt any feelings. Consider this a VMK-Wide question. Keep Stitch or Bring Back Extraterrorestrial? And not a petition.

Bestjurassicpark.

Nick, what Stitch are you talking about?

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. I do believe an age restriction should be on that ride. Just because some people don't like it why deprive it of others? If you don't like the ride, don't ride it. Nobody's forcing you to go on it.

Seizing the Future with XS,

Bestjurassicpark

Oranges
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Keep Stitch!!
make a half point (if you can) for AE(it was kinda entertaining but still SCARY!! (The eating the man part and all.. not that was wrong/gross)
~cooly

I thought you posted on my thread about Alien Encounter that you did not ride it. According to you, you said "I'm glad I didn't". How can you make such an assumption without riding it? ;)

~Oranges

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Bring back Extaterrorestial! Save Skippy's big preformence! The new skippy isn't as cool. Plus I loved the ride. I can't understand what's so cool about a blue spider furball from space. Spider cause of his 6 arms and 2 legs. Stitch was a mistake. They advertise him everywhere but why couldn't that put a stitch ride out of the way in tomorrowland!?! I mean they could have done a Universal Studio spiderman ride type of thing with stitch. Why take down a original futureistict scream machine such as Alien Encounter? Alien Encounter was an original idea that has never been done before and by putting stitch there they killed it. People didn't like it cause it was scary. What did they think a ride called ExtraTERRORestrailAlienEncounter was going to be? Funny? I mean chorustwo what did you think it was going to be if not scary? At least there's still the great movie ride with the Alien part. That will always bring back memorys of the movie and the ride.

chorustwo
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I thought you posted on my thread about Alien Encounter that you did not ride it. According to you, you said "I'm glad I didn't". How can you make such an assumption without riding it? ;)

~Oranges

I have rode it but I don't want to ride it again thx to your video. I keep on forgetting I did after all I was only like 5.

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
It was a PG13 rated ride. I only went on before that because my family got me to go on it. It was a thunderstorm and there was nothing else to do.

Silverstream
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
bring back AE even tho i didn't get to go on it bc i was little but my dad said it was great, and i really didn't like the stitch one...

Oranges
08-21-2006, 09:13 PM
I have rode it but I don't want to ride it again thx to your video. I keep on forgetting I did after all I was only like 5.

You couldn't have ridden it when you were five. The age restriction was 7. ;)

I never rode it but I am glad that I didn't ride it!! Stitch was way better then that thing by far! I can't believe they actually made that in Disney!!! Right now I am comparing the two and I so far decide That Stitch's Great Escape is better for the little ones and Alien Encounter is not!!

...?

~Oranges

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
No duh stitch is better for the little ones. Stitch is too childish. Now the only scary ride in Disney is HTOT. I think disney should have at least one PG13 rated ride because teens need something to do other than watch a fur ball dance

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe instead of starting a nuclear war between Stitch Fans and Evil Alien fans, maybe I should see if they could move stitch to a new place in tomorrowland or keep Alien Encounter. Anyway, why put Stitch in Magic Kingdom, why not in MGM? It's like putting Rock 'n Roller coaster in Animal Kingdom. Now I will change the Petition just to: Keep Alien Encounter! And send Disney the idea of moving Stitch to MGM. Please, don't flame... I know you are going to flame me. This idea was because there are alot of Kid Rides in MK, and there are 1 in MGM, so why not move Stitch to there? Another reason is because it fits in more at MGM.

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Good point but stitch is in MGM. He walks around everywhere. They have like 5 stationed stitch people around MGM. Oh and there are two in MGM. RRC and TOT

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Erm. I don't think 5 year olds are tall enough to go on RCRC... The kid ride I was talking about was GMR ( Great Movie Ride )

Eviie
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Sorry to crush you but they wont ever do this again. Yes i do like AE better cause its more exciting, but they changed it to stitch for a reason alot of little kids never were able to get on the ride because it was to "scary" for them. Thats why they made Stitch && you also need to remember that this is Magic Kingdom.. which is pretty much were all the younger kids go. My cousin told me thats why they first changed it.

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh I thought you were talking about rides for older kids. Yeah younger kids only got Backlot and that playground. That and Playhouse disney. Possibly Star Tours because almost everyone likes that ride.

DizCaptain
08-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Keep Stitch!!
~cooly

keep stich
the other ride was scary

What is your point of posting against this. This thread is for the soul point of bringing it back not having peopl once again go on about it again. Alien Encounter got alot of a line than stitch did. Alien Encounter was the magic kingdom thrill I think of it. Stitch it is one time and over and over the same. At least on Encounter the stages were random. You didn't all get breathed on at once, it happened, then you heard the alien move around and stuff. It was in my opinion better and attracted way more people.

In a nut shell: Bring Back Alien Encounter!!!!

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, So, let's see... How the HECK am I supposed to send this to Disney?!?!? Anyone know a Disney Rep's Email?

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
The stitch is a once and over like you said. Do it once and if you like it you like it and go on it again but if your like me and you ride it once and don't like it there's no point in riding it again.

OFF TOPIC: just throwing this out there but when I rode it when it first opened almost everyone around me was dissappointed. I heard alot of people say they shouldn't of changed it and the only people I heard that liked it was the younger set. 7 and under.

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
You could go to Disney.com go to your selected park and search for the parks email or something. It's a long shot but there

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Alright. Thanks Brer.

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Welcome. Always happy to support a good cause. You probably need at least 200 willing signatures too change thier mind. I would give you my name for the potition but I would get banned for giving away personal info

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Grrr.. Can't find Email Adresses. Either I'm Blind or they're not there. Perhaps I'm just blind. And I guess I could get some of my Thrill-Seeker Friends in real life to sign it. BRIBERY!!! MUAHAHA! Just Kidding.

Oranges
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm 99% sure the WDW site has a Contact Us link. Unlike VMK, they actually get back to you within three days. :Tongue:

Unfortunately, your petition is honorable, but you're most likely going to need a more legitimate reason (and about a million more signatures) than wanting Alien Encounter back for them to revive the attraction.

~Oranges

Brer_Nick
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Good point Oranges. It would cost them alot of money to revive a legend. You would need alot more signatures. I suggest a road trip :) . Cross country getting signatures.Or if you live in the middle of america go up and make a circle. If you live in canada go down and make a circle. If you live in Europe I got nothing fo you

Jurassic park fan
08-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Florida , that's where i'm at... grrrrrrr lol, ( Idea pops into head, lightbulb turns on above head ) When I go to WDW in December I could walk around Tomorrowland and ask people to sign. And if anyone tries to kidnap me I'll just hurt them since I know tae-kwan-do. Muahahaha.

Oranges
08-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Florida , that's where i'm at... grrrrrrr lol, ( Idea pops into head, lightbulb turns on above head ) When I go to WDW in December I could walk around Tomorrowland and ask people to sign. And if anyone tries to kidnap me I'll just hurt them since I know tae-kwan-do. Muahahaha.

Sounds great! And a bit violent... :Tongue:

You may want to talk to some Cast Members or some local WDW-goers. If the majority of the people in WDW are first-timers, many probably haven't even heard of Alien Encounter before. Look for the families who don't have strollers full of kids in Mickey ears, lol. :D

~Oranges

trainz
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
never been to WdW but i am on the side with bring back the evil stitch then have a blue puffball.

Raderin
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
I went on Alien Encounter when I was four with my mother and remeber it a little bit and remember that I did not get scared. I even asked my mom adn she said I was laughing after wards 0_o

lemonysnicket3
08-22-2006, 09:34 PM
well the reason this ride was closed in the first place was like this

AE (Alien Encounter) if any of you have rode it was a dark ride with menacing(sp?) licking in your ear, alien siliva (Spit) and a use of Blood. the only reason they couldn't close it for a while was as long as eisner was CEO(Chief Executive offcier) of disney he would not allow it to be closed or changed. Once esiner Retiered or was booted it was replaced by Stitch for it was more vibrant and more disney like. Disney was not made to be like Six flags or Universal Studios. It was made as in in disney's quote at the opening of the park.

To all who come to this happy place
Welcome.
Disneyland is your land.
Here age relives fond memories
of the past,
And here youth may savor
the challenge and Promise
of the future.Disnay land is deticated
to the ideas, the dreams
And the har facts that
have created America
with the hope that will be a source of joy
and inspiration
Walt disney, July 17, 1955

if you read the bolded texted says "the Promise of tommorrow" do you want a little kid to believe that a blood thirsty alien will come to destroy the human race? That my friends is why they closed it

Jurassic park fan
08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
But remember, IT'S ONLY A RIDE. Not real life. There is a thick barrier between Entertainment and Actuality. I salute Eisner because he fought for this attraction. Whoever is in the control seat now, I disapprove of how they shut down Alien Encounter. Now the older thrill seekers have nothing to go on at MK.

skip
08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Roar, keep Alien Encounter! Stitch uses great technology, but in the wrong way. I was horrified to see the great robotics and special effects wasted on this Alien Encounter wannabe. If you ask me, Alien Encounter should make its triumphant return in the theater formally occupied by Timekeeper, but stupid Disney is replacing Timekeeper with another pixar show... just a friendly reminder, it might be best not to post if you haven't ridden both.

-skippyskippy

Jurassic park fan
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
May I bring this thread back to life? We'll need alot more signs to bring the ride back to life.

Chaelle
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Bring back Extraterrorestrial!
Chaelle
We have alot of stitch things, and to make disney happy, then make an Extraterrorestrial PIXAR movie about it:Tongue:
Kidding!
~Chaelle

Jurassic park fan
11-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Stitch-5

Alien Encounter - 12

Chaelle
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Can we add members of our family to the petition? Or do they need to have their own account on VMKF?
~Chaelle

camara
11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
i never got to ride AE :(. However, i rode Stitch's Great Mistake (name given by some vmkf members), and i'd rather have the old ride than this bad thing. Stitch really stinks, and i dont mean just the smell.

Jurassic park fan
11-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Chaelle, yes, you can ask your family, this isn't just VMK player's opinons. Stitch - 5
AE - 13. AE is winning by a longshot

kryon2
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
i change my mine i want ag counter back that mean ae - 14
s - 4

winniesdapooh
11-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Keep Stitch! VMK name: downstripes
this is why: i went on the alien when i was like 5 and i was scared out of my wits and never went on again! i chose stitch cause i think it is not so scary but never been on that one, cause it is in the same room as this alien one which i am scared of that building still now LOL

cavowonder
11-05-2006, 11:34 PM
well the reason this ride was closed in the first place was like this

AE (Alien Encounter) if any of you have rode it was a dark ride with menacing(sp?) licking in your ear, alien siliva (Spit) and a use of Blood. the only reason they couldn't close it for a while was as long as eisner was CEO(Chief Executive offcier) of disney he would not allow it to be closed or changed. Once esiner Retiered or was booted it was replaced by Stitch for it was more vibrant and more disney like. Disney was not made to be like Six flags or Universal Studios. It was made as in in disney's quote at the opening of the park.

To all who come to this happy place
Welcome.
Disneyland is your land.
Here age relives fond memories
of the past,
And here youth may savor
the challenge and Promise
of the future.Disnay land is deticated
to the ideas, the dreams
And the har facts that
have created America
with the hope that will be a source of joy
and inspiration
Walt disney, July 17, 1955

if you read the bolded texted says "the Promise of tommorrow" do you want a little kid to believe that a blood thirsty alien will come to destroy the human race? That my friends is why they closed it

That may be true, but that's Disneyland. Not the Magic Kingdom :P.
Sign me up, I want to save AE. Although it probably won't work. But still, I can say I was apart of something :P!

DFreak1989
11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Keep Stitch, My name is Dfreakace.

People had heart attacks from this ride and people were scared way too much. I don't care if it's the Magic Kingdom as opposed to Disneyland, for the Disney Logo to be slapped onto something it better be family friendly because if thrills really was what it was all about the halloween party would not be called "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" Disney is a family friendly place, and should remain that way.

DinoVan
11-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Bring Back Extraterrorestrial! Sorry Stitch, I gotta go with this awesome ride.

BRING BACK EXTRAYERROR....i never got the chance to ride it but from what i heard i want it instead
vanhornviking

xigbar
11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Keep Stitch! Xigbar

LAXplaya1346
11-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Guys this attraction will never come back no matter what you think. The Magic Kingdom is a land of happiness and the MK has always been a place for Characters, and the Alien was never in any disney movies or any disney merchandise before it was created in the attraction. Stitch was made into 4 major movies and a TV Series, he was loved by thousands of children and many adults. It only makes sense they make the ride seem more friendly and just twist the storyline.

Jurassic park fan
11-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Ae - 16

Stitch - 7

AdventureGirlGo
11-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Chaelle
We have alot of stitch things, and to make disney happy, then make an Extraterrorestrial PIXAR movie about it:Tongue:
Kidding!
~Chaelle

It is true. We have more Stitch than we do Mickey. I mean come on ppl. My dad, nine of my friends and I all agree that Disney should Bring Back Extraterrorestrail! I am AdventureGirlGo on VMK and VMKF. My brother would also like to vote for Stitch.

So that makes the poll: Ae - 27 Stitch - 8

I really hope this helps :P.

AdventureGirlGo

PirateMario
11-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Alright ya'll! Time to step up. They're not gonna bring back AE Ride even if you send a Jupiter sized Truck load of Petitions! Alright... what's Disney's MAIN Focus? Young Children!! And disney is gonna keep it at Young Children forever! See, in this Poll, The Most number of people Voting for AE back is 12 and up! Therefore, they think Stitch is for Kids, and even some people who will respect Disney's Aspect of Family fun are voting for stitch, even though they are in that age limit. So a Petition isn't gonna change any thing. Disney is one tough ut to crack.

Pinkdust
11-06-2006, 05:32 AM
I never went on Alien Encounter, and I haven't been on Stitch's Great Escape.

I know, I know. 'I haven't lived.' ;)

DerekJ
11-06-2006, 07:21 AM
I like to needle the more rabid Stitch-whining park fanboys:
Remember...you ASKED for a Stitch's Escape!

Oh, come now, you remember--The movie had just come out, and all the fans of the "new" type of Disney movie wanted it to be "immortalized" at the parks?
And then some fan came up with the bright idea of, "Hey, maybe they could take Alien Encounter and make it, like a Stitch ride!...At Tomorrowland! It'd be like Encounter, only from the movie!
And then all the rabid Armchair Imagineer fanboys, who think they can come up with dark-rides (and why is it always movie tied-in dark rides?) wrote in to Disney--despite the fact that Disney couldn't take unsolicited ideas--with their ideas for a new Stitch Alien Encounter?...Even tried to pretend one already existed, when one fansite showed an Emporium window as "First photo proof of the new attraction"?

Well--All the rest of us more moderate fans who DON'T pester the busy Imagineers with their lame movie-obsessed suggestion can say is:
Ya got your Stitch ride....Now RIDE 'em, cowboy!
(And if you don't like it, and think the Imagineers should've spent time on a more elaborate idea for an attraction, well...Here Endeth the Lesson. Hurts, don't it?) :)

Blop
11-06-2006, 02:49 PM
How About make something Like Alien Encounter... because with stitch, you can smell that chili dog smell on people all over the park:blink8:

*Blecky*

Nemofinder
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Keep Stitch! nemofinder i hate being scared stitch rox

Eviie
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
They aren't going to change this just because 20 people want it back on the forums. It's a different story if there is a million people who want it but just 20they aren't going to change. Common sense. I mean why would they spend thousands of dollars to put the ride back after taking it out. Magic Kingdom is for younger children not for 18 year olds. I'm not saying you can't go if your 18 but this park is for younger kids for example Thunder Mountain the age limit is around 5-whatever age :]

WorkoutDude
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
KEEPSTITCH!!

WorkoutDude

- Little kids go to WDW more than us.

Audly
11-06-2006, 10:50 PM
My friend went on the stitch ride...and he said it wasn't that good little kids would have liked it...but as some people said.. keep stitch and build the other ride somewhere else

Jurassic park fan
11-07-2006, 02:53 AM
They aren't going to change this just because 20 people want it back on the forums. It's a different story if there is a million people who want it but just 20they aren't going to change. Common sense. I mean why would they spend thousands of dollars to put the ride back after taking it out. Magic Kingdom is for younger children not for 18 year olds. I'm not saying you can't go if your 18 but this park is for younger kids for example Thunder Mountain the age limit is around 5-whatever age :][/B]

That's why i'm trying to get to disney around christmastime to get people to sign. No biase at all, just random people. Then i'm posting this petition up to other sites. Then it won't be 20 people. More like 2 million people if i post it on alot of sites for a year or so.

LittleJoe
11-07-2006, 03:24 AM
They aren't going to change this just because 20 people want it back on the forums. It's a different story if there is a million people who want it but just 20they aren't going to change. Common sense. I mean why would they spend thousands of dollars to put the ride back after taking it out. Magic Kingdom is for younger children not for 18 year olds. I'm not saying you can't go if your 18 but this park is for younger kids for example Thunder Mountain the age limit is around 5-whatever age :]

actually 48 some inches. the stitch ride is pretty bad, the shoulder things hurt.

KEBSD
11-07-2006, 03:30 AM
I doubt this can happen. Sure, it was a good ride. But think about it. Do you think many people knew what it was? If I were them I'd be like "what is this? Who is Skippy?" Stitch is a popular character, people at this age know who he is. It might've been a good ride, but changing it back won't happen.

~Key

F0REVERL0ST
11-07-2006, 03:51 AM
actually 48 some inches. the stitch ride is pretty bad, the shoulder things hurt.

I actually thought it was quite fun! :D

Chaelle
11-07-2006, 04:06 AM
They aren't going to change this just because 20 people want it back on the forums.
We have to start from somewhere.
Think that 1,000,000 people are going to post on this petition all in one day?
I'm going over the top when I say this but, did it take only one day for Walt Disney to make his parks?
We can start somewhere
~Chaelle

Tetsiga
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Alien Encounter was an awesome ride, and when they had it in Space Mountain they had that video that played and had mentionings of the transportation..

and whatever happend to the whole thing that went on after Space Mountain anyways? I thought that was cool.. but they had to take it away... over the past years I think Disney has made some... not so good moves.

but the reason for Stitch was to get all the young kids, and they thought it wouldn't scare kids... WRONG! I can't even go on that ride without like 20 kids screaming their heads off.. seriously, BAD move.

Extraterrorestrial was awesome, and I liked the little character, if you notice they still have some of the old characters in the pre-show to stitch..

I was really dissapointed with Stitch, but, Kids love Stitch.
and what happend to the Sky Buckets? I loved those, I only got to go on them my very first time to Disney, the next time they were gone, it was saddening.

gilligantrips
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Stitch stinks. Enough said!

Bring back AE!

FreakOuter99
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
keep stitch. extraTERRORestrial can go to mgm...

AlexKeepsItReal
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
AlexKeepsItReal

It was actually one of the few rides at Disney that were scary... then you know what happened? BAM! Stitch went in. Name a ride that actually "scared" people over the age of 13. At Disney, I go with 1 - 3. Those three include terror from intense rides like Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, not actually scary. Extraterrorestrial actually was good, it had great effects! But oh no, something that adults might find scary, must get ride of. It is another exaple of the Disney vs. Universal debate. Universal gets TONS of teens and up because of their intense thrill rides and can't forget Halloween Horror Nights. What does Disney have? Disney just added Mission Space and Test Track to prove that they can compete in the thrill ride market, but don't compare to Universal rides. I am sorry, I said it. Mission Space has simulated G-forces and you jsut sit in a thing that spins. Universal has REAL G-forces in that you ACTUALLY are spinning through the air and going down large drops. If I had to choose who is more daring, Disney or Universal, I would vote Universal. Extraterrorestrial was a ride that exploited the major senses and actually gave you a fear. The LOUD noises, the water effects, that video of the man being consumed. It gave a chill to the auidence that they were helplessly going to be eaten. It was a great ride, if you want to call it that, you just sit there. Stitch is by FAR a kiddy ride, bright colors, colorful cast, and of couse a show aimed for kids. I saw it I can say wthout a doubt that if you have not seen the the Stitch movies, then you have NO clue what is even going on. I saw then and had to explain it my mom, who still didn't get it. I was let down by Stitch... all in all... Bring back Extraterrorestrial!

By the way FreakOuter99, it can not go to MGM because of two reasons. One, there is already an Alien ride there, in the Great Movie Ride. Two alien things, yeah, not going to happen. Why would they build a new set in a different park when one is already made? Two, the Extraterrorestrial has NOTHING to do with movies! It is a Sci-Fi ride the fits Tomorrowland perfectly.

Edit: Oh yeah, it is not called Extraterrorestrial, but Alien Encounters.

iLoveTheRain
11-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I'd love to see AE come back, and cast my vote as such.

But I think we all know that no matter how badly we would like it to come back, it won't be. :38:

Stitch is the new Pooh. Disney picks them as "everyone's favorite" and then shoves them in everyone's faces to the point of absurdness.

Scouter
11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Ders something at disney quest to do with AE can someone tell me about it please?

BlueJalepeno
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
For a second I thought you ment American Eagle.
heh, nvm.
I say bring back extrestrial, but keep stitch.
:0

chorustwo
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
If you haven't noticed the parks are like put into different kind of group. EPCOT is Kids who are interested in things cool and how things work and Adults that want to learn something new and maybe Alien Encounter could be put there or maybe Stitch. But then there is Magic Kingdom. It is basicly another copy of DLR or DCA except with more interesting things. It is also for the kids mostly, and the adults are pretty much going back to their childhood and having a good time. AE I am sorry but it didn't fit into tha atmosphere ok MK at all. All the other Tomorrowland things were cute little aliens not a huge messed up expirement, Man-eating, thingy thing thing. If you want a PG13 ride put it in EPCOT It's where it belongs.

avastpirateace
11-12-2006, 09:23 PM
they have stitch on thje plans for a ride change sometime soon, but AE will never come back due to the fact that it was to scary for the little kids and other ppl, and the MK is all about kids and they were ready to replace it as soon as an imagineer came up with an idea that wasnt scary i read all of that on mouse palnet.

AlexKeepsItReal

It was actually one of the few rides at Disney that were scary... then you know what happened? BAM! Stitch went in. Name a ride that actually "scared" people over the age of 13. At Disney, I go with 1 - 3. Those three include terror from intense rides like Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, not actually scary. Extraterrorestrial actually was good, it had great effects! But oh no, something that adults might find scary, must get ride of. It is another exaple of the Disney vs. Universal debate. Universal gets TONS of teens and up because of their intense thrill rides and can't forget Halloween Horror Nights. What does Disney have? Disney just added Mission Space and Test Track to prove that they can compete in the thrill ride market, but don't compare to Universal rides. I am sorry, I said it. Mission Space has simulated G-forces and you jsut sit in a thing that spins. Universal has REAL G-forces in that you ACTUALLY are spinning through the air and going down large drops. If I had to choose who is more daring, Disney or Universal, I would vote Universal. Extraterrorestrial was a ride that exploited the major senses and actually gave you a fear. The LOUD noises, the water effects, that video of the man being consumed. It gave a chill to the auidence that they were helplessly going to be eaten. It was a great ride, if you want to call it that, you just sit there. Stitch is by FAR a kiddy ride, bright colors, colorful cast, and of couse a show aimed for kids. I saw it I can say wthout a doubt that if you have not seen the the Stitch movies, then you have NO clue what is even going on. I saw then and had to explain it my mom, who still didn't get it. I was let down by Stitch... all in all... Bring back Extraterrorestrial!

By the way FreakOuter99, it can not go to MGM because of two reasons. One, there is already an Alien ride there, in the Great Movie Ride. Two alien things, yeah, not going to happen. Why would they build a new set in a different park when one is already made? Two, the Extraterrorestrial has NOTHING to do with movies! It is a Sci-Fi ride the fits Tomorrowland perfectly.

Edit: Oh yeah, it is not called Extraterrorestrial, but Alien Encounters.

it is called extraterrorestrial alien encounter

Jurassic park fan
11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
If you haven't noticed the parks are like put into different kind of group. EPCOT is Kids who are interested in things cool and how things work and Adults that want to learn something new and maybe Alien Encounter could be put there or maybe Stitch. But then there is Magic Kingdom. It is basicly another copy of DLR or DCA except with more interesting things. It is also for the kids mostly, and the adults are pretty much going back to their childhood and having a good time. AE I am sorry but it didn't fit into tha atmosphere ok MK at all. All the other Tomorrowland things were cute little aliens not a huge messed up expirement, Man-eating, thingy thing thing. If you want a PG13 ride put it in EPCOT It's where it belongs.

EPCOT - Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Now there's a place where they should experiment with teleportation from space. In some future neighborhood! Or perhaps they could smack a nuclear testing field in the middle of Berlin, ay? lol

avastpirateace
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM

obviously the MK is a copy of DLR but its alot better, and EPCOT is the perfect place for AE since it deals with space and aliens, and EPCOT has future world where it would belong, i belive it would go perfect where the ellen ride is since its never open when i go

Facnyface
11-14-2006, 01:02 AM

Bestjurassicpark.

It wont ever come back you know the reason it left? It left due to low attdence and also people asked to take it out, that is the reason why most rides leave, it wont be coming back not even with a petition. Good try though.

skip
11-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Im just so very happy that Skippy is still alive, except of course every time the Sgt keeps demolecularizing him, how cruel. LOL.

GO SKIPPY!!

Woohoo! I'm being cheered for!

Long story short, Stitch stinks, Alien Encounter rules. Bring it back.

-Skip

avastpirateace
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Woohoo! I'm being cheered for!

Long story short, Stitch stinks, Alien Encounter rules. Bring it back.

-Skip

u may have a new ride where stitch is, rumors that they will replace stitch and indiana jones show with another ride.

Blop
11-20-2006, 02:29 PM
yea they're making the indiana jones show into a indiana jones ride like the one in disneyland. But, i heard from a cast member that it wont be indiana jones and the forbidden eye, it'll be something else like the crystle skull or somethng.(but don't always rely on those cast members)

Jurassic park fan
05-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Bump! Bring this ride back!

Kitri
05-16-2007, 02:47 AM

YUMMYchuuro

thesimpson90
05-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Ive recently been reading posts about people wanting to bring back alien encounter and how it was soo scary, and much better than stitch, but i never had been to WDW before they got stitch. Actually the first year i went they were advertising a new rider (stich's great escape.) My question is, what made it so scary? Ive been on stitch, and personally i was bored and then getting burped on made me not want to go on it again. Was AE just like this or was it completely different??

Sapphire Jem Stone
05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure what made it so scary, but I heard that it wasn't kid friendly and they wanted to make something else that was a little more kid friendly.

~sapphirejemstone :pup:

Alienboy
05-17-2007, 01:01 AM
OHHh it was totally different. It was scary if you were little and when I was little and that fearless little boy I jumped a couple of times. And with the audio system they had rigged up in the place as well as the special effect in the chairs gave you chills sitting there. When the lights went out when 'it' broke out it really felt like there was something huge in the building comming after you. I dont know really how to explain it anymore at the moment but it was pretty scarey for a Disney Ride but I dont think they should of gotten rid of it.

Well its not as scary looking back as an older person but for a little kid it would be scary. Especially when they think of aliens and hear the sounds in the dark compared to the friendly alien Stitch.

jsmall
05-17-2007, 01:18 AM
i was ten when i rode on alein incounter and basicaly everyone said it was so scary and i was sitting there waiting for it to get scary on the ride (basically there was an alein in a glass tube making funky noises and you couldn't even tell it was an alein really) guess what it never did i am glad they have stitch instead on

Sushi
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I went on it when I was 5, because I was totally fearless back then and tried to go on every "scary" ride in WDW.
That one scared me so much that they had to stop the ride so I could get out X__x

I honestly can't remember what all went on during that ride, but all I remember is the lights going out and flashing, and the monster started shrieking. I never went on it again after that, and even to this day I wouldn't go on it.
But I do think that it's much better than the stitch ride, since stitch is very boring @__@

Alienboy
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
I went on it when I was 5, because I was totally fearless back then and tried to go on every "scary" ride in WDW.
That one scared me so much that they had to stop the ride so I could get out X__x

I honestly can't remember what all went on during that ride, but all I remember is the lights going out and flashing, and the monster started shrieking. I never went on it again after that, and even to this day I wouldn't go on it.
But I do think that it's much better than the stitch ride, since stitch is very boring @__@

Yeah they should of had some sort of age limit because I was 6 or 7 and I was getting a bit jumpy over it but now it would of been just another attraction is a way to say I guess

Marysol
05-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Keep Stitch!!
Even if everyone said Bring Back Alien, they would not really do anything.

rollercoasterfan
05-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Ive recently been reading posts about people wanting to bring back alien encounter and how it was soo scary, and much better than stitch, but i never had been to WDW before they got stitch. Actually the first year i went they were advertising a new rider (stich's great escape.) My question is, what made it so scary? Ive been on stitch, and personally i was bored and then getting burped on made me not want to go on it again. Was AE just like this or was it completely different??

Since I have been on both, I can summarize the one main difference... In Stitch's great escape they use Stitch, a nice character that most people find humorous and cute. However in AE, there was this alien that to some people could look extremly scaru

KingdomsKeeper
05-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Keep Stitch. Sorry you other alien, but your show was not very disney-like, and thats why it was closed. There is NO way the Walt Disney Company will demolish stitch and bring back alien. sorry :-(

KEBSD
05-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Don't try to change Skip's mind, he will never give in to Stitch.
As others have stated, Alien Encounter will most likely never come back, for Stitch is a huge franchise for Disney and the show is a must-see for many children. It's not a matter of what show is better, it's a matter of what is more popular with the children age group, because children are usually the ones who get their parents to bring them to Disneyworld, this means a bigger profit.

~Key

GreatGatsby
05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
This would be less of an issue if the Stitch attraction wasn't so bad. Had they actually made a good replacement to the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, I doubt there would be much of a discussion.

GTO_Girl
05-31-2007, 02:12 AM
Bring back Extraterrorestrial! VMK Name: Walnutfudge

I doubt it will happen but... You know, the Stitch ride in my opinion was stupid. Dont flame me, cause I know people will want to >_<

stitch is my FAVORITE character
but i have to agree
the stitch ride is just painful and kinda stupid>_<
But He Is Cute On The Ride :) :)
But.. I Guess I Could Go Either Way

GoodPolarGirl
06-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Bring back extraterrestrial! I am GoodPolarGirl

thesimpson90
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Don't try to change Skip's mind, he will never give in to Stitch.
As others have stated, Alien Encounter will most likely never come back, for Stitch is a huge franchise for Disney and the show is a must-see for many children. It's not a matter of what show is better, it's a matter of what is more popular with the children age group, because children are usually the ones who get their parents to bring them to Disneyworld, this means a bigger profit.

~Key

It may have been a must see when it started but i just came back from Walt Disney World and apparently a lot of people felt the same way i did about Stitch (go on it once and thats enough) because i stayed at Magic Kingdom all day and the ride line never got more than 10 minutes long. 'Course it might have been that the laugh factory was right next to it...

EragonFan
06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I never went on Alien encounter, but have went on Stitch several times. Stitch is ok, but as long as they replaced it with something good, I wouldn't be said to see it go. Some of my friends hate it for the smell, and I hate it during Night of Joy, there are always several youth that scream...