View Full Version : Vmk Beta Days - What Vmk Was and Now Is

lol
08-15-2006, 08:02 PM
VMK Beta Days - What Vmk was and now is.
Written By: kaiylee and Disneylanderfrevr
Picture by: kailyee,Disneylanderfrevr and friends.
History by: Posters and kailyee
Dates by: Peoples on the forum

It all started with a man named Walt Disney. Walt Disney started his life on December 5th 1901. He was born in Chicago, Illinois. Little did any of the town members know that soon he would be the Idol the master of all kids dreams. Elias Disney and Flora Call Disney where Walts parents. Walt had 4 brothers and 1 sister to grow up with.Walt had very early interests in art, he would often sell drawings to neighbors to make extra money. He pursued his art career, by studying art and photography by going to McKinley High School in Chicago.Walt began to love, and appreciate nature and wildlife, and family and community, which were a large part of agrarian living. Though his father could be quite stern, and often there was little money, Walt was encouraged by his mother, and older brother, Roy to pursue his talents.During the fall of 1918, Disney attempted to enlist for military service. Rejected because he was under age, only sixteen years old at the time. Instead, Walt joined the Red Cross and was sent overseas to France, where he spent a year driving an ambulance and chauffeuring Red Cross officials. His ambulance was covered from stem to stern, not with stock camouflage, but with Disney cartoons.Once Walt returned from France, he began to pursue a career in commercial art. He started a small company called Laugh-O-Grams, which eventually fell bankrupt. With his suitcase, and twenty dollars, Walt headed to Hollywood to start anew.After making a success of his "Alice Comedies," Walt became a recognized Hollywood figure. On July 13, 1925, Walt married one of his first employees, Lillian Bounds, in Lewiston, Idaho. Later on they would be blessed with two daughters, Diane and Sharon .On December 21, 1937, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the first full-length animated musical feature, premiered at the Carthay Theater in Los Angeles. The film produced at the unheard cost of $1,499,000 during the depths of the Depression, the film is still considered one of the great feats and imperishable monuments of the motion picture industry. During the next five years, Walt Disney Studios completed other full-length animated classics such as Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, and Bambi.Walt Disney's dream of a clean, and organized amusement park, came true, as Disneyland Park opened in 1955. Walt also became a television pioneer, Disney began television production in 1954, and was among the first to present full-color programming with his Wonderful World of Color in 1961.Walt Disney is a legend; a folk hero of the 20th century. His worldwide popularity was based upon the ideals which his name represents: imagination, optimism, creation, and self-made success in the American tradition. He brought us closer to the future, while telling us of the past, it is certain, that there will never be such as great a man, as Walt Disney. This is the man who started the dream. The dream that kids of all ages had. When the Disney parks where opened and all kids heard of it everyone wanted to go expirence the magic for them selfs. But these days its not so easy to just fly to one of the disney parks and buy tickets to the parks might I add staying at a hotel the food the gas the taxi money? It's not always easy to pay for all that and thats why really not every kid gets to go once in there life. Everyone should get to go visit a Disney park once in there life Disney fan or not but the things I listed make it hard to do so! Thats when The Walt Disney Company came up with a bright idea - make a online game that gives kids of all ages the chance to go to any of the Disney parks with any friend they want, meet new friends,have there own crazy cool person,make there own wild room with there style all over it and expirence the Disney magic all for free!! Those ideas went together to make VMK - Virtual Magic Kingdom a massive magical Disney park expirence for anyone of any age. Just like any park it has rules and closing hours. Rules include the basics no name calling no stealing and the rest. Opening and closing hours are different for the different time zones. This game has it all!! The rides? No not really. But the magic? YES! On May 26th, 2005 Vmk ' Beta ' opened and computer players found out about it from all over the globe. Vmk.com is the place to go and boy did they. Millions signed up! On Vmk there was plenty to do play games,earn money,buy things,decorate rooms,decorate yourself,meet friends,hang with friends and loads loads more! These beta days had troubles also. Scamming name calling the clasic beach frase. But there was a team who could fix that. Yavn's team. Yavn is known as the game creator no one knows if its true or not but some belive it some don't. Yavn's team is made up of Yavn,Many staff and what they started hiring called Community Leaders. Expirenced players became helpers as well. Later on they came out with testers who tested many new iteams. On June 27, 2005 Vmk opened. It was offical! The Virtual expirence of magic was there to stay for at least a year! June 27th 2006 was Vmks 1 year Aniversary!! Vmk is now so highly populated its insane!! The trusty helpers of Yavn are still here to help! We do miss the Beta days alot though. The legendary green flips,Green Baggy pants,Green tanktop or no sleeve shirt,Inferno and Magic carpet pin are now rare but in Beta where are favorites that we bought and loved! We all bought very speacial things in beta and they cancelled them out so we couldn't buy them. That made them alot more rare and alot more speacial. For the rich and the poor it was what we loved the most. Some people didn't get those things and some people had traded them. You see that VMK has so many memorys from Beta its really what made the game!! We all remember Beta and I won't ever forget it I swear. It gave us so many good memorys. But now these days things have changed for better and for worse! We miss some things they took away but they replaced it with stuff just as good that I hope we will all learn to love. VMK is truly something speacial. And again it all leads back to the man whos name is Walt Disney. Thank you Walt Disney. Thank you for bringing so many dreams and joys and smiles to kids of any age all around the globe. Thank you for bringing all the memorys to all the familys. Thank you for bringing smiles to my face. Smiles to my parents faces. Smiles to my friends and familys faces. Thank you for making the Disney parks! Thank you Walt Disney for being such a great man that no one can forget. Everyday at closing on Vmk I dance by you and Mickey mouse. I dance by the great Piece standing there in Vmk of you and Mickey Mouse holding hands. It's the most importent thing in Vmk to me. It reminds me of who made it all. Without you Vmk wouldn't be here today. Thank you for leaving DisneyLand and DisneyWorld here for us - here for the Walt Disney Company to build off of. For the Walt Disney Company to use as a model for more parks around the world! Thank you for turning your dreams and thoughts into something real. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for doing it anyway even when people said you couldn't do it. Thank you for doing this and bringing dreams and smiles to everyone. Your job and your dutys when you where here made a truely great imprint on peoples lifes. The work is still here! Its still just as great! If no one even agrees with me I don't care. I thank Walt Disney because of what he has done. He made Disney parks. He made us Vmk. He made us friends. Here are some bad things on Vmk that we best change!

Vmk Cards - the obsession.

Vmk cards where made during the 50th. Vmk stands where placed in the parks and quests where made. You could finnaly go to the Disney parks and get Vmk stuff! They made are favorite real life things into Vmk things. Trade able,collectible and save able. But some people got obsessed with these cards. They scammed people for there things on Vmk that came from the cards they took them from people at the parks. They scammed people by tricking them into sending them cards and saying you will get stuff in return! People gave scammers cards through the mail. They got scammed. They then sold them on e-bay for money! They ruined the point. It needs to stop - it really does.

Clones - twins
Some people will make names almost the same as someone elses. They will make the charecter look the same have the same sigi same pins same rooms same everything. Its okay if the person says its okay and you only have 2 accounts after that but by making so many accounts copying people makes people really mad. So if you want to please ask first!

Scamming and name calling
Scamming is when one person trades another person and the other person says give me the thing and trust me and I will give you the other thing after words. Also code trading. Make sure you get the Vmk iteam before you give them the code. Because after the code is traded the other person might not want to give you the iteam he/she offered in the first place. Name calling is another thing not to do. Calling people Dumbos Beaches and other things is not very nice and against the rules. You can think your acting cool all you want but really your not. Your acting so imiture its not even funny. Dont do it will ya?

You look silly,stupid and dumbo
This is what the Vmk world is coming to? Screaming at people because they have blue color? Because there clothes dont match? Well forget you!! If someone does this to you by saying these things to you ignore them dont fight back please.

I'm going to report you!
If someone says there going to report you ask them why. If they say something stupid like you didn't trade me your inferno for a shrunken ned pin or something stupid other than that just say sure what ever in a nice way or something. If its something you didn't do or something dumb and not against values you have nothing to worry about.

Npcs not a bad thing
Npcs give you money when you find them and click on them. Of course no one knows when Push will show up! We all want to find push but it is kinda hard. Here is a list of the known Npcs: Shurnken Ned,Esmarelda,Malifacent,The 3 hitchhicking ghosts,Captain Blackheart, The Yeti and the awesomely hard to find Push the Talking Trash Can.

Walt Disney - the man who changed lives and made happyness may not still be alive today. But in are hearts he lives right after we expirence anything Disney related. ' For all who come to this happy place... Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. My dream came true and all our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Use your Imagination. Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. We don't want you to see the outside world while in the Disney parks. Give the public everything you can give them, keep the place as clean as you can keep it, keep it friendly.Mickey Mouse is my best friend. I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known. I've made many charecters in my life but I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ' Walt Disney said all those things and as they run through my head day through day, I know - Walt Disney is a truly good man. I belive that Walt's dream has made a change in many lives. The people go the people smile. The people see Walt disney movies the people see Disney online games. The people smile at the magic all the things bring to us. The people I am speaking of is everyone. We all have seen something Disney. We all have laughed. I belive even the coldest and sadest of hearts can smile. But Walt Disney truely brings out those smiles in people. Remember It all started with a Mouse named Mickey and a Man named Walt Disney.

Here is a little slide show of Vmk pictures Disney parks pictures and Walt disney pictures : http://img323.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img323/5448/115566402778v.smil

DizVMK
08-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Very.. cool and nice research lol =]

Jeena
08-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Very nice thread, nice work! Keep the great work up! :)

Jeena
xxxxx

ariellover4life
08-29-2006, 02:30 PM
cool i like this keep up the good work

Tris-Remix
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Great Story! I think it's awesome

lol
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
:) I figured it was time for me to write a story. I researched tons. I wanted to make a story that showed what vmk was how it is now to warn people about scams and the taken thing. I wanted to put history about walt disney in it to. :)

I'll make a complete one about Disney History and The Parks History soon!

chorustwo
09-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Great Research! Good work

lol
11-07-2006, 03:34 AM
I will be updating this soon!

CubbyDoggie
11-07-2006, 09:18 PM
That's great. :)

lol
11-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Thank Cubbers ;)

VMKJen
11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
This is the best thing i ever read in my whole intire life! I mean it was so great!

lol
11-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks! :). I like to know my hard work pays off! Anyway I am going to be coming out with some others having to do with the same kind of subject soon!

KRAZYboutDISNEY
11-18-2006, 06:48 PM
great thread

trick_master
11-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Whoah, I didnt know any of that.
good job :)

lol
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks ;) Coming around New Years is my second one: Behind The Magic of Vmk and the History of the Ears.