View Full Version : Favorite old DCOM

CrAzyEm
08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Disneychannel has some really good DCOM's(in my opion) but they don't show all of them. when was the last time you saw Tiger Cruise? or the thirteeth year! here is i bio on some of MY favorite DCOMS that never show anymore.

BRINK!- Andy "Brink" Brinker and his friends, who call themselves "soul-skaters", clash with a group of sponsored skaters - team "X-Bladz", but when Brink discovers his family needs money, he decides to go over to the dark side of skating and joins team X-Bladz.
The Thirteenth Year- Cody is an adopted kid who has just had his 13th birthday. he is also on the swim team. after he turned 13, he starts to have fish like features when ever he is near water. it turns out, he's a mermaid(or merman).
Ally Cats Strike- these 4 kids are really into bowling!
Stepsister from planet weird- teenager Megan Larson life is disrupted when her mother falls in love with another man named Cosmo Cola, whom she finds to be very strange, along with his daughter, Ariel. It turns out that both Ariel and Cosmo have one simple fear, the wind. When Megan begins to suspect something unusual is going on, she finds out that both Ariel and Cosmo are aliens.
Quints-Jamie Grover has always wanted out from the constant attention her parents give her. Her wish is finally granted when she finds out her mother is pregnant, but when she turns out to have quintuplets, Jamie's life changes in ways she had never imagined. She discovers her true self. She discovers she might not want the same things her parents want for her.She also discovers that she realy dosen't mind the babies. She loves them and her parents to do and they love her to.
The other me-a boy named Will Browning who orders a product called "Ocean Pets" to side a science project. However, a strange cloning liquid leaks into the package, and when Will stirs the Ocean Pets formula with a hairbrush, it creates a clone of himself.Things go great for a while, then his clone starts feeling feelings witch he isn't supposed to do. That's when things go wrong.
Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire- The movie deals with a single mother who falls in love with a vampire, and how her kids believe and find solid evidence that her date is undead, and how they get rid of it forever.
Phantom of the Megaplex-strange happenings at a megaplex on the night of a major movie premiere. The central character, is Pete Riley, a seventeen-year-old with a part-time job at the theater. He has to cope with malfunctioning equipment, disappearing staff, and a broken popcorn machine, among other headaches. He investigates to see if the troubles are coincidence or the result of sabotage by a mysterious "phantom."
The Poof PointThis is a movie about two scientists who invent a machine which makes things go back in their lifetime (old to young). The scientists accidentally get in the machine and their dog accidentally presses the button which turns the machine on, while they are in it. Nothing seems to happen at first but when they wake up the next day they feel younger (but only into the early 1980s or late 70s, going by what they looked like when they looked in the mirror) and their kids seem to notice something strange is going on with how they are acting. Soon enough, they (the kids) realize it is the machine that is changing them. The parents gradually get younger and the kids notice that the fish they (the parents) were experimenting on earlier seemed to just disappear as in the time before it was even born, this is the "poof point" as in poof they are gone. The kids know they have to get the parents in the machine and reverse the machine some way before their parents, too, just poof away. They end up getting the job done before it's too late and everything goes back to normal.
Tru Confessions -Trudy Walker, or Tru who aspires to be famous. Tru has a mentally-handicapped twin brother Eddie, who becomes the subject of her documentary, for a film contest she enters
Tiger Cruise-Maddie Dolan is on a mission to convince her dad to give up his naval career and come home to his family where he belongs. To do this, Maddie accepts her dad's offer to participate in Operation Tiger, a week-long cruise for family and friends aboard his aircraft carrier.
Maddie thinks her plans might actually work until September 11, 2001, two days into the cruise. When the ship goes into high alert, Maddie gets to see her father's courage honor and commitment to his family firsthand and discovers the importance of the sacrifice he makes to serve his country.

my favorite had to be tru confessions. why don't they play these anymore? because they play high school musical, twitches, and Reed it and Weep. i know high school musical was a big hit but im getting sick of it. i mean even the Cheetah girl, when was the last time you seen that? and the sequal is coming out! anyways out of these movies what is your favorite if you know them?

TrueBlueHorse623
09-02-2006, 01:43 AM
I absolutely LOVED Tiger Cruise, Quints, Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire, and Tru Confessions.
Tiger Cruise is coming on tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Iroc
09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
I love them all. The best part of the older DCOM movies was the "unknown" cast. I hate that these days, you see the same people in everything.

Tiger Cruise was on tonight. And The Thirteenth Year has also been on recently. I think it would be great if they started showing more of the older ones instead of always showing High School Musical. I like that one too, but I bought the DVD... I'd rather see the movies I can't own on the channel.

CrAzyEm
09-04-2006, 09:47 PM
B
U
M
P

Zebraa
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Isn't Xenon a DCOM? I love those movies!
But out of those, I only like Tiger Cruise, but only a little bit.

KEBSD
09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Was Rocket Man a DCOM? I LOOOVE that movie!

~Key

HollywoodHalo
09-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Wasn't there one that had two sisters who swiched bodies or something and tried to mess up each others lives? I dont remember what its called.. but i think its a dcom

TikiRoom
09-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Out of the ones you have given, my favorites are The Thirteenth Year, The Other Me, Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire, Phantom of the Megaplex and Tru Confessions. Those were good movies. :)

F0REVERL0ST
09-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Ah. Good memories..

BRINK!
Phantom Of The Megaplex
The Poof Point
Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire

Just a few of my favorites. :D

Not to mention Horse Sense was good also!

TheSmoothieMan
09-24-2006, 03:25 AM
I missed about of those DCOMs because at the time I think I was watching Toon Disney. My favorite DCOMs are:

High School Muscial- Mainly for Bop to the Top dance/song.

Cheetah Girls- because the music was alot better than in the first one IMO and they really do have beautiful voices. I think they're really talented and also I would LOVE to go to Barcelona. So the movie tells me what I'm missing Dx

Halloween Town trilogy- I found them unique, especially the older ones. The first one was probably the best.

Tiger Cruise- I found that movie a really great addition to the DCOMs

The Thirteenth Year- because Cody isn't like the rest of the guys and is actually friends with the "nerd"

and lastly, Now You See It, Now you Don't- I just liked this movie for no apparent reason xD

CrAzyEm
09-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Ah. Good memories..

BRINK!
Phantom Of The Megaplex
The Poof Point
Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire

Just a few of my favorites. :D

Not to mention Horse Sense was good also!

AHH i forgot Horse Sence! i loved that movie and the one when the lawance brothers where on an island. the lawance brothers used to be so big on disney channel they had like 4 movies with them in it.

Wasn't there one that had two sisters who swiched bodies or something and tried to mess up each others lives? I dont remember what its called.. but i think its a dcom

that was a dcom...um...it's older though but i know i saw it just can't think of the name...

feel free to post ur own movies up, as you can see, i forgot quite a few

~:tink: CrAzyEm

chorustwo
09-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I loved Tiger Cruise! it made me laugh it made me cry (mostly cry) I also like all of the Halloweentown movies! (my fave movies since I was little) and the thirteenth year.

PowerGirl
09-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Had to be Smart House, the movie was touching, and it was one of my favorite DCOMs to watch, they used to show it a lot, but now they don't even show it much at all...

arabknight0
09-25-2006, 01:30 AM
smarthouse is cool. it has good effects. its cool if you won a competiton and actually got to go in the smarthouse.

WafflePrincess
09-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Brink! ,Smarthouse, The Other Me, and The Thirteenth Year. All of them are my old favorites :)

futureimagineer1117
04-09-2007, 02:53 PM

The movie you are talking about is called "Model Behavior". The two girls are not sisters, and they don't try to mess up each others lives. One is a model, one is a typical girl. They both long for each others lifestyle, so they switch places. This movie also stars Justin Timberlake.

chorustwo
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I also liked Don't Look Under Your Bed. It was very cute.Smart House was cute too.

nintendogsluver
04-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Tiger Cruise, Genius, The Other Me, A Ring Of Endless Light (I believe it was Disney that did a movie on the actual book), Horse Sense, and Tru Confessions. Now those were some good movies, they should air these more often...

Appleonia
04-11-2007, 06:30 AM
if 1999 counts as old, HORSE SENSE. ohjeeze. i dont even remember why i liked that, but i remember watching it when i was in 2nd grade (it was older.)

iShadow
04-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I personally liked a few of the older DCOM's, but none of the new ones.
I suppose my favorite would have to be Smarthouse.

JeannieV
04-11-2007, 07:44 AM

I am quite sure she is talking about THIS (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54441) one that I made a thread on. It was a great movie called Wish Upon A Star.

I have seen ALL the ones mentioned above and more. DCOM are always fun to watch.

Not Quite Human was one of the first I remembered seeing AND Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme is one I MUST have on DVD one day.Under Wraps was also good.

Gosh..good memories!

FloridaRocks
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
The Thirteenth Year- Cody is an adopted kid who has just had his 13th birthday. he is also on the swim team. after he turned 13, he starts to have fish like features when ever he is near water. it turns out, he's a mermaid(or merman).

my favorite 2 i recorder it on dvr so i watched it last nite

Quints-Jamie Grover has always wanted out from the constant attention her parents give her. Her wish is finally granted when she finds out her mother is pregnant, but when she turns out to have quintuplets, Jamie's life changes in ways she had never imagined. She discovers her true self. She discovers she might not want the same things her parents want for her.She also discovers that she realy dosen't mind the babies. She loves them and her parents to do and they love her to.

that wus on disney challnel last wekk