View Full Version : -for pin traders- the end of pin trading as we know it in WDW

BuzzBoy133
08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
pin trading nights are over in WDW :eek: they will start pin trading nights again after the contemporary hotel is referbished(in 2years i hear) :mixed-smi :qgreenjumpers: :pork: they are still having pin trading in the parks

Tinklover
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I personally do not think that is a big idea because you can trade pins in the contemporary there is just not as many people to do it with!

BuzzBoy133
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
they have pin nites with kids boards no nite means no board! and by the time they have them back out i will be too old to trade on them

firedragon216
08-03-2006, 01:20 AM
I prefer trading out of the book in the World of Disney's Villain's Room, in downtown disney, it's much more exciting and you meet a lot of serious pin traders :)

Neoteny
08-03-2006, 03:21 AM
I tried pin trading for the first time just last week, and it was really intimidating. These people are so serious about everything!

I have no idea what pins are worth what, and I was afraid of getting scammed, so I just got out of there.

I'll stick to trading virtual pins. At least on VMK I know what's what.

jac1992
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
They are only stopping it at Disney hotels so the events at parks etc still carry on.
The one in September in EPCOT is still on

BuzzBoy133
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I tried pin trading for the first time just last week, and it was really intimidating. These people are so serious about everything!

I have no idea what pins are worth what, and I was afraid of getting scammed, so I just got out of there.

pin trading can be scary in rl but you just gotta collect what you like and stick to your gut dont be intiminated by pin sharks :pixiedust: :woohoo: :sofa: :ascol:

Neoteny
08-03-2006, 08:15 PM
pin trading can be scary in rl but you just gotta collect what you like and stick to your gut dont be intiminated by pin sharks :pixiedust: :woohoo: :sofa: :ascol:Yeah, somebody at this pin trading event had a whole table full of pin books, and she looked at my lanyard (which contained every Disney pin I owned) and asked if I wanted to keep a certain pin I had on, and I just figured that if somebody who has that many pins is interested in one of mine, then my pin must be somewhat rare or valuable, but I would have no idea what to request in exchange, because I wouldn't know what would be equally valuable, so I just said I wasn't interested in trading it, and I left. You really have to know what you're doing, I think, not to get ripped off.

flowergirlbecca
08-03-2006, 10:16 PM

Neoteny, I could not agree with you more. Pin trading in real life is extremely intimidating, and the pin traders seemed very un-approachable. Not to mention, how could you possible know the value of every single disney pin??:D

Neoteny
08-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Neoteny, I could not agree with you more. Pin trading in real life is extremely intimidating, and the pin traders seemed very un-approachable. Not to mention, how could you possible know the value of every single disney pin??:DYou'd have to carry a catalogue (or at least a wireless device for looking it up on the Internet)!

snowegoof
08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
well, i guess that could be a good thing if you were a collecter cuz then you'll be rich MUAHAHAHA but the bad thing is that i just traded my figment pin :(

CrAzyEm
08-03-2006, 11:18 PM

same on a trip a year ago to wdw me and my dad tryed pin trading and got way to confussed. lol. they are really serious my family knows a woman who has over 250 pins and she trade all the time. :eek:

vmkgirl4eva
08-03-2006, 11:22 PM
WHAT!! Oh my gosh!! What does referbish (or whatever that word was) mean? It better not mean demolish cause that is like my families fave hotel!! At least they arn't taking it away altogether. That would be bad. :ththerethere6il:

BuzzBoy133
08-05-2006, 02:46 AM
You'd have to carry a catalogue (or at least a wireless device for looking it up on the Internet)!

Not really.
:ascol:

firedragon216
08-05-2006, 03:58 AM
I pintrade every single time i go to disney and through the internet while at home. It's actually very simple, most of the information about the rarety of the pin can be found on the back of the pin (example: limited edition, cast lanyard series, cast exclusive).

If anyone ever needs help with pintrading I could help answer a question or two! ^_^

BuzzBoy133
08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
finally some one who knows what i am talking about:wave2: :fireworks: :icon_mickey_hallowe :9: :5: :woohoo: :qgreenjumpers: :8: :10: :7:

Chirpin
08-06-2006, 09:01 PM
i just trade with cast members

Neoteny
08-07-2006, 06:26 AM
i just trade with cast membersEven with the cast members, though, I'd be afraid I would be giving away a valuable pin for something less valuable. But I guess it's more important to have pins I like.

BuzzBoy133
08-11-2006, 04:02 PM
If you look on the back of a pin you will be able to find out about the pin.

SirLancelot
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I have a christmas stitch pin which I traded to get
I ended up trading like 3 pins for it bc it was a cast lanyard exclusive! :)

BuzzBoy133
08-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Neoteny, I could not agree with you more. Pin trading in real life is extremely intimidating, and the pin traders seemed very un-approachable. Not to mention, how could you possible know the value of every single disney pin??:D

there are certain web sites you can go on that have every single disney pin on it (im not making it up) it tells you about the pin you look up so you can get the 411 on it

BuzzBoy133
08-11-2006, 06:16 PM
same on a trip a year ago to wdw me and my dad tryed pin trading and got way to confussed. lol. they are really serious my family knows a woman who has over 250 pins and she trade all the time. :eek:

you think carring over 250 pins with you is weird i carry more than that with my trading pin (they are not to die for pins but they are ok) You would be scared to see how many pins are in my collection

BuzzBoy133
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Even with the cast members, though, I'd be afraid I would be giving away a valuable pin for something less valuable. But I guess it's more important to have pins I like.

i once was trading with a cast member and the person was a shark !!!! they wanted one of my good pins for themselves to bring hame and keep and another time one of the castmembers wouldnt let me trade for a pin i wanted on their lanyard

not all castmambers are bad some are really nice

LilDisLeia
08-11-2006, 06:24 PM
there are trade night on the disney cruise stil i think ..
anyone have an arial mirror pin of her fixing her hair? i will post a pic it is the only one i am looking for to compleate my set lol

BuzzBoy133
08-11-2006, 06:26 PM
there are trade night on the disney cruise stil i think ..
anyone have an arial mirror pin of her fixing her hair? i will post a pic it is the only one i am looking for to compleate my set lol

my sister has one i dont know if she has extra (she has that whole set)

Neoteny
08-11-2006, 10:04 PM
there are certain web sites you can go on that have every single disney pin on it (im not making it up) it tells you about the pin you look up so you can get the 411 on it
I don't often have Internet access at Disneyland, so those Web sites aren't much help unless I'm going to memorize them. And I'm not.

aurorarosesb
08-11-2006, 10:13 PM
i once was trading with a cast member and the person was a shark !!!! they wanted one of my good pins for themselves to bring hame and keep and another time one of the castmembers wouldnt let me trade for a pin i wanted on their lanyard

not all castmambers are bad some are really nice

wow i know that some times if there is a holder pin at the bottom they will not let you trade for it but i thought if it was on their lanyard then they had to trade you and i know that they can only trade one to one which means you give them one they give you one, sometimes if you are extremely nice two, but I have never experienced these problems. I buy the $25 box of seven pins and then trade them for cast lanyard, never had any problems.

SpaceGalaxy
08-12-2006, 12:53 AM
I bought this kewl pin when I was down there. I have no idea what its worth is. :banghead: It's called:
Walt Disney's "Thru the Mirror" (1936) LIMITED EDITION 3000. If you know its worth could you tell me?

PS: It costed me $10

Neoteny
08-12-2006, 01:15 AM
If you paid ten dollars, then I hope it's worth at least that!

SpaceGalaxy
08-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I probably wont ever trade it or anything. It looks so cool!

BuzzBoy133
08-19-2006, 08:19 PM
i won two pins once at the last pin nite at disney world and i won two different pins of the same set and they were limited edition of 25.

TDSChristy
08-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey Neoteny, just curious what pin was it on your lanyard that the person was interested in. I sent you a PM about a pin site. You don't have to memorize the worth of all the pins out there, just what you like and what you have. Feel free to PM me with questions :pirate:

MamaJo
08-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey Neoteny, just curious what pin was it on your lanyard that the person was interested in. I sent you a PM about a pin site. You don't have to memorize the worth of all the pins out there, just what you like and what you have. Feel free to PM me with questions :pirate:

Like TDSChristy says, you don't have to memorize all the pins, just pick what you like to collect. Personally, I am heavy into collecting the DLR and WDW Cast Lanyard Pin series. I have done quite well so far. If anyone is interested in knowing more about pin trading, I can give you a site that will explain it all. Happy pin trading everyone.

Jurassic park fan
08-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Neoteny Don't be afraid of me...

I have about 14 lanyards worth of pins and two hats with pins all over them. That's because I have been to WDW about 230 times q:

At least I'm not a SERIOUS pin trader. I hardly pin trade at all. I just buy special edition pins and wait for them to become rare. And also I get exclusive pins because I'm a DVC member...

fall
08-23-2006, 01:47 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 this is the begining of the apocolypse

board your windows ,lock the house call tom cruise