View Full Version : Mean/Rude kids

Crazycop
07-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I was at WDW 6/29-7/5 and had a ball! We saw a "walking" talking palm tree outside AK while waiting for opening. My kids & lots others ran over to it. I had my kids interact with it/him , they have guest of honor badges so it always makes them feel special when they are greeted by name. I got sooo mad, however when several kids started kicking & punching it/him!! I could not believe my eyes. What in their Psyche or upbringing would make them think this is a good thing to do?????

We had seen "Push" the walking/talking trash can in MK 3 yrs ago, but couldn't find him 2 yrs ago. We found him this yr! We ran to him and I can't believe I am admitting this....we hugged him! He greeted my kids by name (badges again) and we told him we missed him, and he said he missed us too. Took my kids picture with "Push" and then he said "this is fun, where to now?" I said we were heading to Winnie the Pooh, wanna come? He said "sure" So he put on some fun music and followed us all thru Tommorowland. My kids were dancing and we had a small parade of people following us. Push told us he had to stop when we reached Fantasyland and said goodby to us. If any of you know the CM that is "Push" , please tell him that he made the most magical moment in our whole vacation.
Which is why I was so dumbfounded at the cruel behavior of kids that hit "Palm" at AK.

Sorry this was a long post But I had to share my Push story.

this is not mine it is from a different forum.

StitchMad
07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Aww man, thats so sad those people were kicking Palm.
I'd go right over to them and slap their faces in. Fools.

Maribeth
07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah.. I hate when I see other kids doing it. I'll make my brother stop if I see him doing it. I heard a story someone got fired from WDW cause the kid pulled his tail (he was Pluto) and he shook his head and moved his hand off of him he turned around the kid did it again and he moved his hand and shook it like "No don't do that" and the kid pulled it really hard so then he "punted the kid halfway down Main Street" LOL

Anyways - awesome! I think we've only seen Push once but he didn't talk to us.

SuperSnowCutie
07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh my . Don't their parents get embarrassed? I bet they're a whole bunch of spoiled kids that they're parents can't even control! This just makes me so mad! Kids these days! I don't act like that (for the record). My cousin's do. I can even admit that my Aunt spoiled them rotton and now she cant even control them! The oldest one (7) almost squished half my body with the car door before!
(I was in the car up to my stomach and he kepy clicking the power door button and I kept clicking it back)

MamaJo
07-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I can tell you by experience that all this is true. I used to be a Character Attendant and some of the horrid stories I could tell about guest interaction and the characters. The sad part of this is that the parents were there egging them on. They would say something like "why don't you go up there and pull on xxx xxx tail?" I have a real good friend who walks stilts at the Living Seas and guest will come up to them and try to push them, hit them and because my friend wears a cover-up they try to get under it. I go there sometimes and just sit and watch my friend interact with the guest but I am horrified at some of their behavior. Again, look around and there are the parents laughing and pointing their finger and telling the child to do it again.

JeannieV
07-30-2006, 03:09 PM
My experience with WDW Entertainment and kids is both good & bad. Some of the best are the "really tough looking 13 year old boys" who are actually really nice or the biker men with disney shirts on. ;) And there is always something special about that cute lil girl that invites characters to her birthday party. trust me, many with they could go. Some kids you do not want to let go. (I got lucky with Micky to have one of those kids)

But the bad ones can really ruin a day. Trust me, if they are spotted they are givem far less attention and passed up as quick as possible. PLEASE DO NOT be "too cool" to see characters whether it is characters or a trash can. Ask them how they are, give the high fives and just have fun. Oh, and if you want to make a joke make it a good one. "Who let the dogs out" is no longer funny to Pluto. ;)

PS: Oh yes, as MamaJo said...sometimes the parents are worse than the kids.

ChrisR
07-30-2006, 03:12 PM
some parents just don't understand that there are fans of disney in this world.
it is like they just go because of the fun of it.

stitch mad
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
ive seen a clip on a website...not sure if i am allowed to post it on here but it was of push and there are kids hugging him and talking to him and then this one kid comes along and starts kicking him!! i was like =O omg and the parents didnt do anything about it!! Then after a few minutes push goes something like "ouch whos kicking me?" and the kid stopped. I always thought that dressing up as one the characters would be fun! Ive always wanted to do it but i dont think it would be fun to have kids kicking and pulling at me be fun

SunShineSmile
07-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow!! That's utterly disgusting!! I haven't seen any of that (luckily!) We are all kinda shy in my family, so we just go and wait our turn, say hi and smile as we take a quick picture. AND we always say "Thank You!" afterwards!!! We don't take too long because we know there are others who are waiting for a chance to say hi.

I can't imagine ppl would harrass characters or ppl like that, but I know they do. That is just terrible, now why can't they be banned for a day? :cban:
In any case I hope the Characters are paid well!!!

(I always wanted to be a character too!)

Neoteny
07-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I am fortunate never to have witnessed any such horrendous acts as these. I love the characters! I'm always begging my wife to let me wait in line to meet them!

I've got her number, though. We're going to have a kid soon, and then my wife won't be able to refuse!

Muahahahaha!

disnyfreek
07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I love Palm and Push! We were walking into Animal Kingdom this past trip, and a dad was looking for his kid and he said "Hey John get over here you need to put your ticket in!" So then the palm tree said "John! John! Get over there your dad needs you!" lol.. but yea..you are going to get that with as many ppl that come to WDW. We were at crystal palace one time, and pooh came to a family of about 7's table, and the dad patted pooh on the back, and then all the kids were "following their dad" and jumped on top of Pooh and started punching him and hitting him on the head! And the big helmet/mask that the CM that is Pooh wears is huge, and therefore echoes, and Pooh was going crazy.. he ran away from the kids through the cast members only door..and he didn't come out for about another thirty minutes because all of the character coordinating cast members had to make sure he was ok..so yea..you get stuff like that all the time.

MickeyForMayor
07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
kids these days are cruel, mean, disrespectful, and more....
im a kid myself but when i see these kids doing things like you said i turn to "mother mode" and im like "what's wrong with those kids and parents?!"
it is just so wrong to act like that and do those things
but how could these parents stand by and let them do this? also...
WHAT ARE THESE PARENTS TEACHING THESE KIDS?!?!

PirateMario
07-30-2006, 08:03 PM
yup yup! some kids are evil! You always gotta watch out for the ones that complement you all the time. they are up to no good! I've never see this though but making me read this thread makes me wanna Whack anyone who messes with a Character! >_< lol sorry >_< still it gets me pretty mad!

Silentkid
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I love Palm and Push! We were walking into Animal Kingdom this past trip, and a dad was looking for his kid and he said "Hey John get over here you need to put your ticket in!" So then the palm tree said "John! John! Get over there your dad needs you!" lol.. but yea..you are going to get that with as many ppl that come to WDW. We were at crystal palace one time, and pooh came to a family of about 7's table, and the dad patted pooh on the back, and then all the kids were "following their dad" and jumped on top of Pooh and started punching him and hitting him on the head! And the big helmet/mask that the CM that is Pooh wears is huge, and therefore echoes, and Pooh was going crazy.. he ran away from the kids through the cast members only door..and he didn't come out for about another thirty minutes because all of the character coordinating cast members had to make sure he was ok..so yea..you get stuff like that all the time.

The kids might not know that though.

Eviie
07-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh yes i know what you mean.. do those parents teach those kids any manners? Thier's no excuse for that behavior. Kids will be kids but guess what Parents need to be parents not just laugh at what the kids are doing.. i actually saw Push say a badword to a boy.. i was walking around in Tomorrowland and this was my first time i saw him.. a teenager then says "Hey push what up?" it was grad nite for them they had the hats and everything. Push then curses at him. I was shocked... push then said "Do you want to fight? Huh huh?" and he started chasing the kid the whole time.. it was unbelieveable! But other than that it gets me mad that the parents dont say anything to their kids they should tell them "No dont do that" they shouldnt just say "No stop" and just sit there they should control their kids. When i was a toddler my mom would never let me do those things.. i wouldnt even scream inside the stores =D But anyways back to subject.. i think its terrible to see those un-behaved kids do that!

♥ Eviie :cat1:

Gingerkitty
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM

That is terrible! If my nephew ever acted like that, my sister would never take him to WDW again. But i do know, he wouldn't even hurt a fly, so she has no worry there. I am happy to say that when i went to WDW that one time, i never saw anything like that. It makes me sad to hear how people who are trying to make kids have fun and make them happy get hurt! They better get a raise! lol

Tris-Remix
07-31-2006, 02:22 PM
OMG, I thought WDW was a place for people and kids to enjoy. I would hug Push and play with palm, it's very funny to talk to imaginary stuff. My parents are not really strict, but I'm good kid. If my kids were spoiled when I grow up, they would be in so much trouble!

gigarichard
07-31-2006, 02:26 PM
I was at the Polynesian and was eating at the character breakfast Ohana. This girl, I'd say about 10, was trying to get Stitch's autograph. He was ignoring her and going to the tables instead. The girl gets mad and TRIPS Stitch who falls on a waitress carrying orange juice and spills it on a girl. They bought the girl a new shirt and the girl who tripped Stitch ran away.

Neoteny
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I was at the Polynesian and was eating at the character breakfast Ohana. This girl, I'd say about 10, was trying to get Stitch's autograph. He was ignoring her and going to the tables instead. The girl gets mad and TRIPS Stitch who falls on a waitress carrying orange juice and spills it on a girl. They bought the girl a new shirt and the girl who tripped Stitch ran away.That's just horrible! Where were the parents?!

PirateMario
07-31-2006, 02:43 PM
That's just horrible! Where were the parents?!

Laughing thier Heads off I bet. >_< Poor stitch! If she was a fan why did she trip him in the first place!?

Neoteny
07-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Laughing thier Heads off I bet. >_< Poor stitch! If she was a fan why did she trip him in the first place!?Because she's a bad little girl.

SunShineSmile
07-31-2006, 02:48 PM
These stories are APPAULING!! Just imagine this though... if kids today are THAT HORRIBLE... what will THEIR kids be like!!! :eek: Scary thought!!

Don't get me wrong, I think this behavior is completely 100% appauling and unacceptable, but I also sometimes think that maybe no one ever showed love, attention, disipline or understanding to these kids. Kinda breaks my heart on both aspects, 1. their behavior & 2. what is missing in their lives
Not sure if I explained myself right, but you should get the jist.

Neoteny
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
The parents are even worse than the kids for allowing this kind of behavior to happen.

thundermtkid
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Once I was at Disneyland and when I saw Push, little 5 or 4 year olds were kicking and hitting him! Finally after a few minutes Push said, "Stop kicking me" and rolled off. It is sad to think that kids parents would let them hurt such a great character. :(

SunShineSmile
07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
The parents are even worse than the kids for allowing this kind of behavior to happen.

I agree completely!! Is actually pretty sad!

AstroDawg
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Aww man, thats so sad those people were kicking Palm.
I'd go right over to them and slap their faces in. Fools.
I agree with you 100% StitchMad. If people like that can't be nice at the Disney Parks, then they should leave and never return.

PuppyLover
07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
This is just rude little kids sometimes love these characters and for them to look at someone kicking there favorite character can make them sad or just give them ideas when i went to disneyland (sadly i got sick that day) when we went up to a character they would take a great picture with you or just take your hat and wear it for fun or just play around with you and sign your book if my cusin saw this he would ask his mom wat they were doing that character and if a little kid sees someone kicking a character they might want to do the same thing

Maribeth
07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
One time when I went, there was a little girl in a wheelchair. There was a group of slightly older kids, and they would look over at the girl, point and laugh every so often. A character (can't remember who) came over and was playing with the little girl and he saw the kids and so he walked over and tried to put his hands on his hips lol. But the body didn't fit right or something so it didn't work, so he was shaking his head and moving his hands like Hey Stop that! cause they're not allowed to talk. He beat me to it; I was about to go say something similar to "Hey you guys need to shut up. It's not her fault something happened. If one of you were in a wheelchair and couldn't do everything you wanted or go on some rides or get pointed and laughed at, would you like it? You are very inconsiderate, maybe you should think about how you would feel if you were in that situation."

I think the character (Pooh maybe?) was about to wheel the little girl away but her dad came over :D

Adventurejimbob
07-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh yes i know what you mean.. do those parents teach those kids any manners? Thier's no excuse for that behavior. Kids will be kids but guess what Parents need to be parents not just laugh at what the kids are doing.. i actually saw Push say a badword to a boy.. i was walking around in Tomorrowland and this was my first time i saw him.. a teenager then says "Hey push what up?" it was grad nite for them they had the hats and everything. Push then curses at him. I was shocked... push then said "Do you want to fight? Huh huh?" and he started chasing the kid the whole time.. it was unbelieveable! But other than that it gets me mad that the parents dont say anything to their kids they should tell them "No dont do that" they shouldnt just say "No stop" and just sit there they should control their kids. When i was a toddler my mom would never let me do those things.. i wouldnt even scream inside the stores =D But anyways back to subject.. i think its terrible to see those un-behaved kids do that!

♥ Eviie :cat1:

Wait, Push cursed? Or did the teenager do something first? If Push actually cursed in public without having any set reason, he should be fired. These stories tell you that people should be banned from the parks if they are caught continually doing this. There is no reason to punch, kick or hurt people, things or characters. The parents should have to also pay a fee for how much damage their child did to the character and their outfit. Maybe then it would teach these rude brats a lesson.

AceGoalkeeper
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
they started kicking the palm tree?! omg! i can't image that! :eek: LOL

Neoteny
07-31-2006, 05:05 PM
If Push actually cursed in public without having any set reason, he should be fired.He should be fired even if he did have a reason. Disney Characters do not behave like that. Even the villains (Cruella, the White Witch, the Evil Queen, etc.), who get to have the fun of acting all snotty and mean, do not use unacceptable language.

Eviie
07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Wait, Push cursed? Or did the teenager do something first? If Push actually cursed in public without having any set reason, he should be fired. These stories tell you that people should be banned from the parks if they are caught continually doing this. There is no reason to punch, kick or hurt people, things or characters. The parents should have to also pay a fee for how much damage their child did to the character and their outfit. Maybe then it would teach these rude brats a lesson.

Yes he cursed! And the teenagers just laughed about it.. maybe someone hacked into the computer or something i dont know. But you know how those teenagers our they just laugh about it.. but i did however go to Guest Relations and i told them they said they would check out the situation. When i saw push do that i was shocked.. not a very good example for those kids!

Zebraa
07-31-2006, 06:41 PM
That's pretty hard to believe that Push cursed in the first place. The guy must have said something else that insulted Push. Are you sure you heard right?

And yea, I think it's horrible how some people treat the characters. When I was little, I would have never imagined to do something like that... I was terrified of the characters! They would hug me and I would start to cry.. but yea, anyways, I love the characters now! When I was at Minnie's House, Pluto was in the little gazebo in the backyard, and I got to take a pic with him :D This is a little random, but when I was in line, a bird "went" on my shoulder :S I'm surprised I didn't freak out or anything, but my mom asked some nice folks who had babies for a napkin or something :)

Eviie
07-31-2006, 06:43 PM
That's pretty hard to believe that Push cursed in the first place. The guy must have said something else that insulted Push. Are you sure you heard right?

And yea, I think it's horrible how some people treat the characters. When I was little, I would have never imagined to do something like that... I was terrified of the characters! They would hug me and I would start to cry.. but yea, anyways, I love the characters now! When I was at Minnie's House, Pluto was in the little gazebo in the backyard, and I got to take a pic with him :D This is a little random, but when I was in line, a bird "went" on my shoulder :S I'm surprised I didn't freak out or anything, but my mom asked some nice folks who had babies for a napkin or something :)

He did curse! And the boy just said "Yo what up" and push said "Hey your a ****h" and then the kid was like "WOW!" and started laughing then push said "You want to fight? Huh huh?" and the boy was laughing then he was about to go on a ride and push was following him throughout the whole time!

AceAnnabell
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
wow thats so mean I feel really bad for the guy in the suit..i would kick them back if I was palm..

SurfedUpDane
08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
While on the topic of rude people at Disneyland...there was an older woman standing outside the entrance to Indiana Jones shaking her head and muttering to herself. As I approached the entrance to the tomb she took a lipstick revolver and smeared it all over my cheek!
When I pushed her away she yelled some kind of giberish about younger generations not having any respect for their elders. Wow, I was sure confused!

Neoteny
08-05-2006, 02:31 PM
wow thats so mean I feel really bad for the guy in the suit..i would kick them back if I was palm..I don't think they're allowed to do that....

Juneau
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I saw kids punching Push...right in the "Push" area of his lil trashcan body...but because it was DisneyWorld and they were at least 1/2 my age, and with their parents no less, I could only watch dumbfounded at their actions.

As I walked on by though, I could hear Push saying "Haha that tickles"...which whether that was the poor lil trashcan putting on a brave face, or thinking they were putting litter into him, I don't know...

It makes me wonder what is happening with today's youth. [Ironic that I can use that phrase]...honestly though, I really do wonder.

At one point one kid punched Push so hard the swing door on him went up, hit the top, and crashed back down...made me wish I could have done something...Chivalry still lives on, even if it is towards imaginary talking trashcans...

Jamarocker
08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I feel bad for the the characters. I don't think their parents should be allowing them to do that. Kids are now extremely rude as I've noticed from my bus and street...I'm guessing that either they barely spend anytime at all with their parents, or their parents just don't care about them. Or maybe the kids just don't care.

I don't get why anyone would want to kick or punch a Disney character including Push! Last time I went to Disney World I didn't even want to go anywhere near the characters. For anyone to kick/punch or even trip them is just a scary thought...Well that's just my :twocents:

Chaelle
08-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow another 'push'? If people were mean to (palm) trees then we wouldn't have tissues or paper or anything.... how rude. I wonder why a staff member didn't stop them. And with push I feel so bad if kids hit him to the point that his battery/mic brakes then he bursts into smoke... :(
~Chaelle

crushandgush
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
man,push should stop talking trash and i think its rude when someone puts their two fingers in their mouth then do that finger thing at the gate or when they sit on a moving handrail right before me

Neoteny
08-05-2006, 09:43 PM
push should stop talking trashHaha! Good one!