View Full Version : The Official Dance Dance Revolution Thread

neodude237
07-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Lots of us out on these forums seem to like Dance Dance Revolution! I am of course one of those people otherwise I would not be making this thread lol. Some information on DDR:
Latest Arcade Mix: DDR Supernova/DS Supernova
Latest PS2 Mix: DDR SUPERNOVA/DDR Str!ke/DS Max
Latest Xbox: DDR Ultramix 4/DS Unleased 3
Latest GC: DDR Mario Mix
Latest Plug and Play: Strawberry Shortcake DDR
Furture Plug and Play: My First DDR: December 2006
Future Xbox 360: DDR Universe-release date: March 2007
Game Established: 1998
Maker: Konami
Music Game Series: Bemani
Songs: Some trace, r&b, j-pop, rock and others...
Primary Artist: Naoki (she also has other names like 290 and .3k and others...

SUPERNOVA AC INFO!

Features To Mix: Characters brought back, over 300 songs, new background animations, new modes such as battle mode, and can share data with PS2 home version (coming soon!!!)
Arcade Info:
The arcade is gnerally more difficult because the mats have harder arrows to hit and the pressure lol. Just keep practicing and you will get better :)
Console Info:
It is generally easier to play at home then at the arcade because of the mats and the freedom. The PS2s generally have the best mixes, that is the one you should buy if possible.
I will continue to edit this first post with news and updates so stay tuned!
PM me for more info if you need.

levity
07-24-2006, 12:23 AM
i have to wait until september 27 DDR Supernova :( great thread though!

neodude237
07-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Actually supernova is out, it is the console game that is not out till september.

levity
07-24-2006, 01:12 AM
That's the one i'm talking about, lol. I don't do the one's anywhere else unless I'm good at a song on intermediate+. And there's no place near me that has any DDR games except the theater (which only has DDRMAX2 :()

clydeguy
07-24-2006, 01:19 AM
My cousin had the Mario Mix for his GC and I had never played this game before and let me tell you...

I am love with this game now!! I don't really want to buy it for my consoles though.. I have a PS2 I can play it on. But, It is in my room and I have limited room in there. I would like to try it in an arcade though...

neodude237
07-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Here is what I would do if I were you... I would go buy a used DDR game for PS2 and try with the controller. Then, if you liked it, go buy a $20.00 mat.

levity
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Well i'm getting SuperNOVA today, but won't be able to play it until tomorrow since i'm at my dads, anyone else get it so far? If so, what were your favorite songs?

neodude237
12-06-2006, 03:57 AM
I did get SuperNOVA, it has many good songs... I personally like jerk it out, max 300 supermaxmemix my only shining star, Baby's Tears