View Full Version : Mr. Toad Is Still ALIVE!!!!!!! I guess....

PinPoint
07-17-2006, 07:32 PM
As you may already know, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was closed down to make way for Whinny The Pooh. This upset me... But Mr. Toad Still Lives!!! After you enter one of the doors, On Whinny The Pooh, look behind your shoulder to see a painting of Mr. Toad handing the Deed to the ride over to Owl!
http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/photos/data/500/242Owl_and_Mr_Toad.jpg

But that's not all! After Exiting the Haunted Mansion, look in the very back left corner to see the tomb stone of Mr. Toad!!! Picture Link Below! :D:D:D

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE! (http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9546/toadrippg0.jpg)

Dudejoejoe
07-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Thats pretty funny.

CubbyDoggie
07-17-2006, 09:05 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *claps* WOOWOO!

Extras
07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Woot! I miss that ride! *sniff*

PinPoint
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Woot! I miss that ride! *sniff*
Me too... Me too... :(

JasonDude
07-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I have friends that would literally cry if they saw that.

*Shows it to them*

PinPoint
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I have friends that would literally cry if they saw that.

*Shows it to them*
I literally cried over it!

SunShineSmile
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
That ride WAS awesome!! I don't know anyone who didn't love that ride! Wasn't one of my favorites, although I did LOVE it, but was a ride I always looked forward to!! :(

MisterToad
07-17-2006, 09:39 PM
I can't believe I let that owl trick me into handing over the deed...

DinoVan
07-17-2006, 11:11 PM
is this is disneyland? or disney world? if im disneyland im gonna scream and slap the person who came up with the stupid idea of replacing mister toad with winnie the pooh.

i just noticed mister toads incon has a hidden mickey..he he.

Adventurebry
07-17-2006, 11:12 PM
is this is disneyland? or disney world? if im disneyland im gonna scream and slap the person who came up with the stupid idea of replacing mister toad with winnie the pooh.

No, Disneyland still has it. But Disneyworlds has been gone ofr some time.

DinoVan
07-17-2006, 11:19 PM
(bows down to disneyland) thank you!

i love mister toad the ride,it is so fun to go in the room with the evil rats! watching my brother cry insanely..awww the memories.

PinPoint
07-17-2006, 11:48 PM

It is WDW..... I live near there..... :(

skip
07-18-2006, 12:40 AM
You can also see a portrait of Mole with Pooh. :)

-skippyskippy

JasonDude
07-18-2006, 12:43 AM
(bows down to disneyland) thank you!

i love mister toad the ride,it is so fun to go in the room with the evil rats! watching my brother cry insanely..awww the memories.

Yes, but because of Pooh, the Country Bears are gone.

TBs_Creation
07-18-2006, 12:47 AM
no in WDW they still have the Country Bears

Melysah
07-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Lol. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (DL) was kind of... violent.. for kids. -.- Especially the part after the judge sentences him, and the next room is unseaonsably warm. o.O My friend and I went on Splash Mountain then wandered over to Mr. Toad's to dry off a little because we were getting cold (we were all wet).

PinPoint
07-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Lol. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (DL) was kind of... violent.. for kids. -.- Especially the part after the judge sentences him, and the next room is unseaonsably warm. o.O My friend and I went on Splash Mountain then wandered over to Mr. Toad's to dry off a little because we were getting cold (we were all wet).
Yes, but it was a classic! Pooh is not....

captainheath
07-18-2006, 05:21 AM
poo is boring too

PinPoint
07-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm trying to find a picture of Mr. Toads Tomb! :D

Neoteny
07-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Pooh replaced Mr. Toad in WDW and the Bears in DLR. Both of these were bad moves, in my opinion.

But at least we still have the Bears in WDW and Mr. Toad in DLR. So all is not lost. Yet.

PinPoint
07-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Pooh replaced Mr. Toad in WDW and the Bears in DLR. Both of these were bad moves, in my opinion.

But at least we still have the Bears in WDW and Mr. Toad in DLR. So all is not lost. Yet.
yes.... true and sad..... :(

Neoteny
07-18-2006, 05:22 PM
The Pooh ride isn't even any good, so it's not like it's just a nostalgia thing here. The Mr. Toad and Country Bears attractions are far better, not just because they're "originals."

Roxychick
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
I was at DLR not too long ago.. in fact on the fourth of july, and I was riding Mr.Toad's Wild Ride, P.s i also rode whinny the pooh lol

Neoteny
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm glad Mister Toad is still alive. Otherwise how would we know what words have been added to and removed from the dictionary?

PinPoint
07-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm glad everyone loves Mr. Toad but lets not get this thread depressing. ;)

PrincessKala
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Aww.. That's so cute! I love that picture! Too bad they took that ride away, I never got to ride it.But they Still Have it in DLR,I think... I also Didn't get to see that Tomb stone..Anyone Have a Picture? GREAT FIND PinPoint!

PinPoint
07-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Aww.. That's so cute! I love that picture! Too bad they took that ride away, I never got to ride it.But they Still Have it in DLR,I think... I also Didn't get to see that Tomb stone..Anyone Have a Picture? GREAT FIND PinPoint!
Thanks! ;)

I'm still looking for a tomb picture! :D

Tyrannosaurus
07-19-2006, 02:08 AM
aww be nice to poor pooh bear..LOL jk

Silverstream
07-19-2006, 02:12 AM
i never got to ride Mr. Toad, it was gone by the time i first went there tho my mom says i woulda liked it alot

MisterToad
07-19-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm still looking for a tomb picture! :DHere is a (not very good) picture that I took last December: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9546/toadrippg0.jpg

skippyrocks
07-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah, it's tough to get a picture of that. I took 4 or 5 of those from that same spot, but they were all blurry. I blame it on the length of the zoom involved and my shaky hands ;)

Neoteny
07-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Here is a (not very good) picture that I took last December: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9546/toadrippg0.jpgKind of creepy, Mister Toad showing pictures of his own gravesite.

PinPoint
07-19-2006, 02:35 AM
Here is a (not very good) picture that I took last December: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9546/toadrippg0.jpg
Thanks for the picture! I just cropped it... It's on the first post! :D

CrazyAlly
07-19-2006, 02:39 AM
the image isnt showing for me pinpoint...so i looked at the link...
poor Mister Toad...

PinPoint
07-19-2006, 02:40 AM
the image isnt showing for me pinpoint...so i looked at the link...
poor Mister Toad...
Ye I know... I'm trying to fix.... :@@:

EDIT: Everytime I try to crop it, the picture doesn't evn show up.... @_@

figmentisback
07-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Rumor has it, that statue is there because one night one of the statues broke, so they went into a warehouse, and put that one there... it went unnoticed for about 2 weeks..

Then it went all over the internet....

It is hyard to get a Good photo of the statue, Next time I will bee-line to get the good light and take a clear photo of it.

PinPoint
07-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Rumor has it, that statue is there because one night one of the statues broke, so they went into a warehouse, and put that one there... it went unnoticed for about 2 weeks..

Then it went all over the internet....

It is hyard to get a Good photo of the statue, Next time I will bee-line to get the good light and take a clear photo of it.
That would be great! Thanks!

CooCody
07-22-2006, 12:10 AM
i think i wasn't even born yet when pooh got replaced. i think that the mister toad's wild ride was great but since there is so many young kids like 7 and under, that's why i think they placed pooh there.

DizVMK
07-22-2006, 12:12 AM
When did he die....

PinPoint
07-22-2006, 09:37 PM
When did he die....
The ride died.... But the title of the thread says it all! ;)

Chaelle
07-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay so Mister Toad is alive yet took a picture of his own tombstone...? It's the living dead!!!
~Chaelle

PinPoint
07-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Okay so Mister Toad is alive yet took a picture of his own tombstone...? It's the living dead!!!
~Chaelle
Only if you want it to be... :D

CrazyAlly
07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
:eek: i like toads :D

Neoteny
07-22-2006, 10:00 PM
:eek: i like toads :DI like Mister Toad, Keeper of the Dictionary!

PinPoint
07-22-2006, 10:02 PM
:eek: i like toads :D
Right wit ya on that!

Misskayla
07-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I can't believe I let that owl trick me into handing over the deed...
LOL ( to short )

CrazyAlly
07-22-2006, 10:10 PM
I like Mister Toad, Keeper of the Dictionary!

yeah, very nice :)
i used to have a pet toad >_<
hehehe

Neoteny
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
That Owl is a tricky one. Next time try negotiating with Pooh. He's a softie.

PinPoint
07-22-2006, 10:27 PM
THAT IS SO FUNNY! Thanks for making my day! :D

skip
07-23-2006, 02:19 AM

You can tell from the other portrait in the ride, featuring Pooh laughing with Mr. Mole. :D

-skippyskippy

GreatGatsby
07-23-2006, 04:01 AM
For those of you mourning the departure of Mr Toad's Wild Ride from WDW, there is a guy building a computer-generated ridethough of it.

Similar to the Inner Space ridethrough released by someone else a couple of years ago, this is being put together from archival materials and reproduced/rendered through 3D graphics programming,

I also heard yet someone else is doing this to EPCOT's Horizons.

Why Disney doesn't do this is beyond me.

Neoteny
07-23-2006, 04:05 AM
For those of you mourning the departure of Mr Toad's Wild Ride from WDW, there is a guy building a computer-generated ridethough of it.

Similar to the Inner Space ridethrough released by someone else a couple of years ago, this is being put together from archival materials and reproduced/rendered through 3D graphics programming,

I also heard yet someone else is doing this to EPCOT's Horizons.

Why Disney doesn't do this is beyond me.Not only does Disney not do this themselves, but they'll probably sue the people who do for copyright infringement.

GreatGatsby
07-23-2006, 04:07 AM
Not only does Disney not do this themselves, but they'll probably sue the people who do for copyright infringement.Doubtful. If they would, they would have already shut down the Extinct Attractions group for their DVDs.

It's probably not worth their while to sue, as it does nothing but advertise the parks anyway.

PirateMario
07-23-2006, 04:15 AM
What's with the tombstone!? Where is it? is it in the HM or something or what? lol sorry >_< I dont live close to WDW >_< Anyways, that stinks, the Pooh ride was put in place of the Country bears, over here in the DLR section of the country! But we have a forgetmenot thingamajiger of the Country Bears! The three head trophy things! they hanged them up somewhere close to the end of the ride! I guess both rides got a Forgetmenot thing.

figmentisback
07-23-2006, 04:28 AM
What's with the tombstone!? Where is it? is it in the HM or something or what? lol sorry >_< I dont live close to WDW >_< Anyways, that stinks, the Pooh ride was put in place of the Country bears, over here in the DLR section of the country! But we have a forgetmenot thingamajiger of the Country Bears! The three head trophy things! they hanged them up somewhere close to the end of the ride! I guess both rides got a Forgetmenot thing.
The term is tribute... Imagineers tend to hide a tribute to the forumer attraction thats been repalced... It's fun to look for them... Some are Easy, others are hard to find.

Neoteny
07-23-2006, 04:31 AM
The term is tribute... Imagineers tend to hide a tribute to the forumer attraction thats been repalced... It's fun to look for them... Some are Easy, others are hard to find.I remember seeing an Inner Space tribute in Star Tours. Wish they'd switch that one back. They could put a Star Tours tribute in Inner Space when they do!

PirateMario
07-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Hmm, I'll be sure to look for a Submarine Tribuite once Nemo opens up here in DLR!

Mickeys Pal
07-23-2006, 05:14 AM
I never rode Mr. Toad what is so cool about it? Could it be better than a roller coaster or something??

Neoteny
07-23-2006, 05:24 AM
I never rode Mr. Toad what is so cool about it? Could it be better than a roller coaster or something??Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was the most fun of any of the "dark rides" (and still is, in Disneyland). It fairly well follows the movie, just like the Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio rides do, but it's just much crazier and more fun, with a great surprise ending which I won't reveal here. Come to Disneyland and check it out!

Jellybean Lover
07-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Awwww.. i LOVED that ride...
at least he still lives :)

-----Jellybean Lover

PirateMario
07-23-2006, 05:49 AM
>_< what does the tomb stone say!? I cant really see it >_< who knows why! can someone post what it says?

slayer12345678910
07-23-2006, 06:27 AM
that stinks

also ive heard they are having problems with ppl crashing into ppl in autotopia ride they should make bumpper cars for bigger kids not like the 1 in bugs life park at California adventure because i dont think ppl want to crash into ppl at 2mph

Stitchtheking
07-24-2006, 04:51 PM
mr toad's wild ride was a favorite, i think they should make a whole new park with lost attractions like mtwr, horizons (which you can see the symbol in the middle of the spinning wheel at mission space), the original imagination, 20k leagues under the sea, legend of the lion king, the old tiki room, world of motion, superstar television, the two old muppet shows. or they could do that as a "land" of a new park, then also have rides from other disney parks.

PinPoint
07-25-2006, 12:36 AM
mr toad's wild ride was a favorite, i think they should make a whole new park with lost attractions like mtwr, horizons (which you can see the symbol in the middle of the spinning wheel at mission space), the original imagination, 20k leagues under the sea, legend of the lion king, the old tiki room, world of motion, superstar television, the two old muppet shows. or they could do that as a "land" of a new park, then also have rides from other disney parks.
That would be REALLY cool! I would love to ride the classics and some that haven't even had the chance to get on! >_<

Brer_Nick
07-25-2006, 12:43 AM
it was a good ride. I find it cool to see his grave, but now that you memtion it it i remember seeing his grave my last trip to WDW. Never saw the whinie the pooh one though. Thx for the post

PinPoint
07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
it was a good ride. I find it cool to see his grave, but now that you memtion it it i remember seeing his grave my last trip to WDW. Never saw the whinie the pooh one though. Thx for the post
yur welcom! :D

fishrcool101
07-25-2006, 04:18 AM
lol...reading this thread made me literaly LOL a lot..heh
I never rode Mr. toad's wild ride or the country bears..what year were those rides closed in WDW? I dont think i was very old when they closed...

Kind of creepy, Mister Toad showing pictures of his own gravesite.
LOL :laughing8 :lachen70: true..

TripleM
07-25-2006, 09:56 PM
-crys a river-:bnweeping::thmotocanagliatesta:bawling::banghead: :skellington:

TripleM
07-25-2006, 09:58 PM
mr toad's wild ride was a favorite, i think they should make a whole new park with lost attractions like mtwr, horizons (which you can see the symbol in the middle of the spinning wheel at mission space), the original imagination, 20k leagues under the sea, legend of the lion king, the old tiki room, world of motion, superstar television, the two old muppet shows. or they could do that as a "land" of a new park, then also have rides from other disney parks.sorry for double post but for the rides don't forget Adventure thouugh inner Space

Neoteny
07-25-2006, 10:15 PM
lol...reading this thread made me literaly LOL a lot..heh
I never rode Mr. toad's wild ride or the country bears..what year were those rides closed in WDW? I dont think i was very old when they closed...

LOL :laughing8 :lachen70: true..The Country Bears are still at Walt Disney World; they only removed them from Disneyland.

skip
07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
...which was a stupid move, might I add. At least they snuck in that tribute!

-skippyskippy

Neoteny
07-25-2006, 11:05 PM
...which was a stupid move, might I add. At least they snuck in that tribute!

-skippyskippyYes, that was a bad move. The Bears were great. The Pooh ride is... not.

PinPoint
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, that was a bad move. The Bears were great. The Pooh ride is... not.
Country Bears is a favorite too.... Might have to find a tribute for them and make a new thread! lol :D

PinPoint
07-27-2006, 11:58 PM
^ I accually DID! ^

If you look where the painting of owl and toad are in Disneyland, instead they should have a painting of all the country bears! :D

PinPoint
07-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skip
07-28-2006, 04:03 PM
They couldn't do that because there's no "Owl" scene in DLR version of the ride. Instead, right after the Heffalumps and Woozles scene (where you see Pooh immersed in honey) look behind you. You should see three animal heads on the wall, from the original Country Bears Playhouse. ;)

-skippyskippy

pixiebuttercup
07-28-2006, 04:12 PM
i never knew mister toad was in WDW bc ive gone there since i was born at least once every month ! but i always just walk past it lol i also have short term memory loss but i though ( this is probably wrong ) that winnie the pooh replaced lion king ? or did phillhamagic replace lion king ? lol i am confused

Tyrannosaurus
07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
lol what i dont get i went to DLR in last week..and at the end i notice were in a hot room and its..you know what if you have been on the ride

skip
07-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was the original ride that occupied the building. It contained duel tracks. Later, they decided to scrap it (bad idea) and put in Winnie the Pooh. So, only Toad and Pooh occupied the building.

Now, the building you're talking about began with the Mickey Mouse Revue, an audio-animatronic musical show featuring Mickey and dozens of other Disney robotic characters from Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Song of the South, etc. The attraction was eventually scrapped, and some of the robotics were moved to other attractions in Disneyland/Disneyworld (the robotic talking flowers were moved to the Alice in Wonderland attraction, and Grumpy on the piano was moved to Snow White among other things). The rest of the attraction was moved to Tokyo, where it still plays today. Now, the Revue was replaced by Legend of the Lion King, a puppet show of sorts. It wasn't the most popular attraction and it was sort of out of place in Fantasyland, so it was eventually scrapped. Finally, Disney used the building for Phillharmagic.

Phew!

-skippyskippy

PinPoint
07-28-2006, 09:40 PM
They couldn't do that because there's no "Owl" scene in DLR version of the ride. Instead, right after the Heffalumps and Woozles scene (where you see Pooh immersed in honey) look behind you. You should see three animal heads on the wall, from the original Country Bears Playhouse. ;)

-skippyskippy
Thanks for correcting me! :D

PinPoint
07-29-2006, 08:08 AM
http://www.100megsfree4.com/dictionary/b/bump.jpg

buffybuffy
07-30-2006, 04:25 AM
That toad is just the quitest thing. I can't believe he's still out. Woo!!

AceGoalkeeper
07-30-2006, 05:17 AM
woot woot! i bet they left it there to remember the ride :D

Neoteny
08-02-2006, 03:40 AM
woot woot! i bet they left it there to remember the ride :DI do believe you just may have uncovered the very point of this thread! Well done!

Tinkyspal
08-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was the most fun of any of the "dark rides" (and still is, in Disneyland). It fairly well follows the movie, just like the Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio rides do, but it's just much crazier and more fun, with a great surprise ending which I won't reveal here. Come to Disneyland and check it out!
no offense ppl, but i wish DLR would have taken out mr.toad's and left country bears! I HATE that ride. it is so.. so.. creepy.

Neoteny
08-02-2006, 12:11 PM
no offense ppl, but i wish DLR would have taken out mr.toad's and left country bears! I HATE that ride. it is so.. so.. creepy.I miss the Country Bears, too, but I think I would miss Toad even more. I think they should have left both classic attractions and scrapped the whole Pooh idea altogether. That ride's not very good.

Jenijeni
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
As long as there is still imagination there is still Disney...

Neoteny
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
As long as there is still imagination there is still Disney...As long as there are parents with disposable income....

BuzzBoy133
08-02-2006, 06:25 PM
poo is boring too

pooh (rember the h) is so cute dont dis him or i will destroy you :Tigger: :balloon: :roo: :sorcerer8 :mickey: :magicm: :tink: :flowerysmile: :10_1_23: :magic: :54: :thahggeek27fz: .arg -my sister wrote this-

BuzzBoy133
08-02-2006, 06:34 PM
i never knew mister toad was in WDW bc ive gone there since i was born at least once every month ! but i always just walk past it lol i also have short term memory loss but i though ( this is probably wrong ) that winnie the pooh replaced lion king ? or did phillhamagic replace lion king ? lol i am confused

mr.toads wild ride has been closed a long time (tho it was still open when my older sister was born but she was probably too little to ride before it closed) and i dont think there was ever a loin king ride in magickingdom :mickeymo: we go to disney world a lot and when we go we stay for like a week (my paremts are a bit of disney freaks)

vmkgirl4eva
08-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I never got to go on that ride. I heard it was really good :( . The next time i go to WDW i am so taking a picture of his tombstone that is so sad! Mr. Toad rocks!! The imagineers should so make a statue of him by the winnie the pooh ride (and explain why its there cause some ppl might not understand).

PinPoint
08-04-2006, 06:41 PM
I never got to go on that ride. I heard it was really good :( . The next time i go to WDW i am so taking a picture of his tombstone that is so sad! Mr. Toad rocks!! The imagineers should so make a statue of him by the winnie the pooh ride (and explain why its there cause some ppl might not understand).
to tell you the truth I like that it is hidden... It leaves more to the imagination! :D

Neoteny
08-04-2006, 07:00 PM
to tell you the truth I like that it is hidden... It leaves more to the imagination! :DYes, finding the hidden secrets is fun!

Tinklover
08-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I so love Mr.Toad!!!!!!!!!!!

Juneau
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I knew Mr Toad was in the Mansion Pet Cemetary, but it didn't click when I saw this picture. I just thought it was something to do with an "in-joke", like Toad and Ichabod have shared a movie...so I wondered if it had something to do with voice actors...but after seeing this I remember someone saying it before.

Well, at least this has been cleared up for me. =) I was really confused...but thanks to this I didn't have to ask.

Neoteny
08-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I do believe Toad dies at the end of his Wild Ride.... At least, I seem to remember a visit to someplace beyond....

PinPoint
08-05-2006, 04:49 AM
I do believe Toad dies at the end of his Wild Ride.... At least, I seem to remember a visit to someplace beyond....
THE SAOUTH POLE THAT AINT COLD! :D