View Full Version : DLP Anyone?

Extras
07-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Anybody aprreciate DLP at all? It is Awesome dude! Space Mountain rocks There the Most!
For Those of you who do not know what DLP is I say:
Disney Land Paris
It has the dungeon dude!
1st Thread Woot!

Kancy
07-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I haven't been there, but my Grandmother got me a T-shirt from outside the park? lol

ACEROLLER
07-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I think DLP is an amazing park i wish i could go there some day.

PurpleMonkey
07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm not interested in going there other than to ride Space Mountain. It's not that I don't want to go, but if I'm in Paris, I would rather do other things.

fun4life
07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not interested in going there other than to ride Space Mountain. It's not that I don't want to go, but if I'm in Paris, I would rather do other things.Space Mountain is recently re-newed here in Paris with new music and new light effects... :D

Much stuff that you can find in VMK comes from DLRP (that's the way we call it: Disneyland Resort Paris ;))

lemonysnicket3
07-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Space Mountain is recently re-newed here in Paris with new music and new light effects... :D

Much stuff that you can find in VMK comes from DLRP (that's the way we call it: Disneyland Resort Paris ;))
yup like Maleficent Dragon, Dungeon, Ect.

Garfieldo
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I hear the Phantom Manor is awesome. :)

eeyore_princess
07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
i have just got back today from my holiday to DLP with my mum and 2 of my friends and i must say the new Space Mountain Mission 2 totally rocks it has always been my favourite ride there as we go to WDW quite a lot to but Space Mountain at DLP i feel is better than that at WDW. took me a while to be let on though. we arrived on thursday and got most of the magic kingdom done before we went to bed everything other than tomorrow land. so friday we went into the disney studios until that shut then went back to the MK. we went over to space mountain and went through the wheelchair enterance as i am currently in a wheel chair only to then find out after waiting 5 - 10 minutes that they were not going to let me on it. we could not work out why and as the men who were sorting us out understood little english did not find out why. worst thing was that i can walk somewhat but not a lot and had also already been on rock n rollercoaster and peter pan that are both in the dark as well. i got really wound up and annoyed as last time we went they were refurbishing it but my mum said they wont of changed anything. we went back on the saturday but i waited outside as we thought it was the same men working the ride so this time my mum went on and one of my friends stayed with me. we'd waited half an hour and had been watching the pictures so we knew when they were coming and my mum came running out about 10 minutes later she had spoken to the people who was working as it was not the same men and they said as long as i could get in the car i could go on it and also proved me right by saying it had changed. i was so pleased i could not stop smiling i did not think i would get to go on it after the way the other men were but i did and god it was the best ride ive ever had on it because i was just so pleased i could get on and was not going to miss out.

vmklover10
07-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I went to disneyland paris when i was 2, i don't remember it to well. lol
My friend has a t-shirt from there...i wonder if he went...

MickeyForMayor
07-21-2006, 03:48 PM
i have never been outside the US so i have never been to pairs it would be cool to see everything over there and see if it is different i heard about the haunted mansion ride has a different story line i would like to see

Goofyono
07-23-2006, 12:22 AM
my friends has he has some pictures of DLP so i can have him get some for me to post on the gallery

Cakee
07-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I've been there many many times.
It's really nice, Malificent is cool. :D

Alligator
07-23-2006, 12:31 AM
If i ever go to Paris, ill see it.

Zebraa
07-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Doesn't the Space Mountain in Paris have a loop or something?

Cakee
07-23-2006, 01:30 AM
It has, that's why I'm too scared LOL. Oh, I hate loops >_<

Extras
07-23-2006, 01:30 AM
I think so... It does have a Cannon : Do

Zebraa
07-23-2006, 01:38 AM
It has, that's why I'm too scared LOL. Oh, I hate loops >_<

Duuuuudee, that's the best part ;) At least on simulators...

Cakee
07-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Duuuuudee, that's the best part ;) At least on simulators...

Gee, simulators -_-. Never ever put me in a ride with loops.
Seriously. The cannon is brutal :D

skip
07-23-2006, 02:18 AM

I believe DLP's recently refurbished Space Mountain contains a launch and 3 loops, much like Rock'n'Rollercoaster.

In my opinion DLP has the prettiest and most charming of the Disney castles (wise decision for VMK to have it as their castle). It also contains the Dungeon, with the dragon! Plus other little cool attractions. But let's not mention "Walt Disney Studios"...

-skippyskippy

keola123456
07-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Some day I would like to travel to all the Disney theme parks in the world and to a Disney Cruise.

Speedy_Bear
07-23-2006, 05:52 AM
My goal is to visit all of the Disney parks someday. I think it would be a wonderful experience to visit each park and see what they have to offer first hand.

As I am a bit older, I will probably wait to do the Disney Cruise when I have a kid so I am not just some adult on a Disney Cruise.

LOL

acebonka12
07-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I have been to all the disneylands. I can say DLP was awesome.

Juneau
08-05-2006, 09:51 PM
DL Paris, is a great park, and the only reason the castle is so awesome, is because WDI figured "We're building a park in a country filled with castles...this has to be the best castle EVER to make people in France notice it as something special"...and they did a good job.

I have minimal complaints about DLP, one in fact:

Why get rid of Vincent Price from the Phantom Manor dialogue. He was only kept in the ride in one place. The legend of horror that is Vincent Price is only used now as the laugh of the Phantom. When you pass him before the catacombs scene, listen to his laugh and well, that's Vincent. Oh, and for those who didn't notice The Ghost Host is actually in this too...he's the Mayor of the town you pass through.

So, there we go. I love the place, but I always end up in the same resort hotel...the Cheyenne which is just out past the Hotel New York, and further out than the Santa Fe...I never caught the buses there or back...I just walked through Disney Village hoping to see a character in the Character Breakfast place...

jamiewe
08-05-2006, 10:17 PM
paris rocks been there more than about 30 times ( dont ask i live near LOL )
i have a realtive that is 5 minutes away from DLP LOL bet you they been there over 80 or more times LOL

aurorarosesb
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
i loved disney land paris, i was there for one day and got everything done, it was amazing

BanannaSplitzer
02-07-2007, 06:55 AM
I Know Space Mountain Mission 2 Is a Pretty Cool Ride Because i Saw A Video of it in YouTube And My Mom Is Really afraid Of Loops But if i ever go To Paris My Mom is Gonna go on Space Mountain Mission 2 Even if it has a Loop she's Still Gonna Go on it

StitchMad
02-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Space Mountain is recently re-newed here in Paris with new music and new light effects... :D

Adding to the above post, indeed it does. Fact taken from #vmktrivia: The gallery represents the castle at DLP, and the castles are based off that. Paris is my nearest park, about 1 hour by plane, but funny enough I've never been there.
WDW = 12 Times (Got another 2 booked)
DLR = Once
DLP = None
As much as everyone, my aim is to visit every Disney theme park in the world. Only have DLP, HKDL and TDL to go! :)

Neoteny
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
We enjoyed Disneyland Paris (and even Walt Disney Studios) when we were there on our honeymoon. The Alice in Wonderland maze is a lot of fun, and Skull Rock is great, too!

We're hoping to get to Tokyo sometime, but it ain't gonna be soon!

Chirpin
02-10-2007, 05:46 AM
i recently went here for a school trip (in the parade) me and tree other kids and their parents went to DLP

we only went two rides
small world
and space mountain
and they were amazing the space mountain was rockin' i wish i could ride it one more time everyday

but it was a lot of fun it is very VERY beautiful there there lamps have princesses on them hand have jewels hanging it was just breath taking

Neoteny
02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
We also appreciated the differences in the European versions of Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor), and It's a Small World as compared to the American versions.

Chirpin
02-10-2007, 06:12 AM
We also appreciated the differences in the European versions of Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor), and It's a Small World as compared to the American versions.

i wish we could have gone on pirate i hear that thirs goes in "reverse" from ours

and wehn you stick band kids on a small world we were disappointed that they had jocks and cheerleaders in the american section

But no Band People
:(

Madthing
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Gee, simulators -_-. Never ever put me in a ride with loops.
Seriously. The cannon is brutal :D

I find the cannon tame compared to the 1st drop. Such strong g force. Try the Aerosmith there for a shocking start.

PS Going back in 2008 for the Tower Of Terror. Going to take a bunch of pics.

Thenishall
03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Let's just say, that I wouldn't pay all the money to fly out there. But if I was out there for a class trip say, I would so wait another day after the trip ends to go to DLP.