View Full Version : Help! I can't post in the Trading Post! What do I do?

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Since no one is paying attention to the announcement ^^ UP THERE...or on wanted trades...or on I have to trade...or on the site feedback... I'll repost it here! :)

Hi there! In attempt to remove the scammers from our trading forums here, you now must join the trading forum in order to post there.

If you are caught scamming, you will be removed from having privileges here to post.

To join this forum, go to UserCP (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/usercp.php) and click Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups), then join the trader group. Easy as pie!

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Names will be approved when a moderator gets a chance to look at them. Please have patience as we are going through these one by one!

Users: PLEASE NOTE THAT USERS WITH ZERO OR VERY FEW POSTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
This is to avoid scammers signing up with new accounts and joining right away, only to scam users. Get some experience under your belt on the forums before trying to join. I mean this both in NON SPAM WORTHWHILE posts and time.
Get some experience (AT LEAST A MONTH) under your belt on the forums before trying to join.

Also be aware that pestering moderators or creating multiple requests will not increase your likelihood of becoming a member of Trader Mick's.

Offering trades outside the trading post or having your friends do trades for you may result in your permanent removal from Trader Mick's, or never being allowed in...and your friend losing their privileges too.

Tyrannosaurus
06-25-2006, 12:14 AM
awesome idea!!! i hate scammers

Somtimers
06-25-2006, 12:15 AM
me too i would be happy to join and thanks for trying to help keep the scammers out.

Tron
06-25-2006, 12:19 AM
ROTFL Shorts... you might as well talk to a wall...

:rolleyes:

skip
06-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Nah. That's an understatement. She might as well be talking to VMK Staff via the Contact Us tool. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, this sounds like a great idea. I'll send in my application-thing in a bit.

-skippyskippy

saberdog
06-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks and I have signed up. I have this account for me mostly, but sometimes my mom needs to trade stuff, she loves VMK

Thanks

Saberdog

:poison:

SuperSnowCutie
06-25-2006, 03:10 AM
No wonder all the trading posts were closed! Sorry, GB!

Chaelle
06-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Cool idea, so I can still trade my pirate hat? lol
~Chaelle

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 04:46 AM
Cool idea, so I can still trade my pirate hat? lol
~Chaelle
Yep. :) if you're approved ;)

DisneyCody
06-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Coolio! Thanks GBShorts! I already joined the group! :)

HicksTricks
06-25-2006, 04:55 AM
:pirate: Im glad I joined this club :pirate:

DisneyCody
06-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Lol yea me too! (Hi McKinley!)

itsAPRIL
06-25-2006, 05:08 AM
Ooh! Awesome idea! I know for SURE this will cut down on the Scammer Rates on the forums. Great Idea, Shorts!

sakusan
06-25-2006, 05:14 AM
This is a great idea, I myself have ran into a scammer on these forums. Lets just hope he hasn't joined the trade forum. Once again a great idea it surely will help reduce the scammers. Way to go shorts! :D

hello_forever2005_forever
06-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Thankyou GBShorts for the update!:)

love me im awesome
06-25-2006, 05:17 AM
This is good :)
Smart thinking mods ;)!

TripleM
06-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Easy as pie!But pie's not easy to make. :lol:

JeannieV
06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Thank you for making YET another thread on this. I was bombarmed with worried PM's from worried users. :)

It is all ok and No we did not ban the entire VMKF of users! ;)

Adventurebry
06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Since no one is paying attention to the announcement ^^ UP THERE...or on wanted trades...or on I have to trade...or on the site feedback...

I'll repost it here! :)

Hi there! In attempt to remove the scammers from our trading forums here, you now must join the trading forum in order to post there.

If you are caught scamming, you will be removed from having privileges here to post.

To join this forum, go to UserCP (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/usercp.php) and click Group Memberships (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups), then join the trader group. Easy as pie!

Names will be approved when a moderator gets a chance to look at them. Please have patience as we are going through these one by one!

Thanks so much. I have been scamed FOUR times on this forum. With room codes.. I hope this will stop that..

GBShorts
06-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks so much. I have been scamed FOUR times on this forum. With room codes.. I hope this will stop that..
I certainly hope you reported them to me or another mod!

Guys, if you don't report a scammer, there's no way of keeping them out. Be VERY careful when you do your trading.

With codes, I suggest you enlist a CL you trust from here at the fansite. Here's how it works.

CL holds the real item (the non-code one). The code changes hands and is tried. Once all users are able to enter that new room, then the CL hands over the item to the person who traded the code away. It's still not foolproof but it at least involves a third party and people are less likely to scam that way.

Beware of users who are brand new to our forums with a few posts trying to trade away their inferno, green flips, stitch hat or set, animator's desk, pirate outfit, and so on. These users are sometimes scammers who have created a new account in order to get something out of other users.

Thanks!

Lifeparty
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Once i saw that on the trading post last night i was like OH SNAP!! and joined RIGHT AWAY trading is probally MOST of the reason im on the fourms

GlowSweetAngel
06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
snow go on vmk i will go on we will trade!!

BestDana
06-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Great idea! I joined the moment I saw your thread/post on the trading forums. Hopefully, this will cut down on a lot of scammers.

MagicalGlow
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
That is a GREAT idea!!

pickrunnerace
06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
that was really funny howyou use the inferno and green flips offer to get ppl to look at this

MagicStarPower
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Nice, very nice, LOL good way to get attention on an important matter

pickrunnerace
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
i was wondering how scammers are even going to be able to do anything on VMKF i thought they could only do things on the actual VMK

GBShorts
06-29-2006, 01:54 AM
i was wondering how scammers are even going to be able to do anything on VMKF i thought they could only do things on the actual VMK
Users can use our site to set up trades in which people could very easily get scammed.

Moderators and Admins will decide who is allowed in and who isn't. Sending multiple requests does NOT mean you will get in.

*reposting this from edit on page one*
Users: PLEASE NOTE THAT USERS WITH ZERO OR VERY FEW POSTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
This is to avoid scammers signing up with new accounts and joining right away, only to scam users. Get some experience under your belt on the forums before trying to join. I mean this both in posts and time.

Also be aware that pestering moderators or creating multiple requests will not increase your likelihood of becoming a member of Trader Mick's.

Waterelement
06-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Nice attention getter, GBShorts ;)

SuperSnowCutie
06-29-2006, 04:58 AM
LOL, great way to get the message around, GBShorts :P

pickrunnerace
06-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Users can use our site to set up trades in which people could very easily get scammed.

Moderators and Admins will decide who is allowed in and who isn't. Sending multiple requests does NOT mean you will get in.

*reposting this from edit on page one*
This is to avoid scammers signing up with new accounts and joining right away, only to scam users. Get some experience under your belt on the forums before trying to join. I mean this both in posts and time.

oh ok i get it ty for your help gbshorts

Wonderxandra
06-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Aww I'm very new to the fansite does that mean I have to wait till I'm not so new to join and start trading?!

SweepHunter
06-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I rarely post as I am busy with my quest and nobody trades in my room as they think it is for the quest. I wrote Batleth a many topic message and one of them was me not being able to post there.

I wish there was a way for people to know they have to be a group member since the current thing is like when you are posting on a tread that was yanked when you were reading it.

Thank you and wow I am missed this one. 5 days later, wow. I agree as I used to have one thread with a list and updates as needed. I was getting tired of the item of the minute posts.

I ignore offers for green flips and inferno so that why I ignored this topic. Trading yes, rules updates yes, inferno yawn and green flips snoring.

Hugs and thanks Shorts

GBShorts
06-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Just something to note:

If you create a trade thread to try and bypass our new Trader Mick's it will be removed from the forums. Please join the group.

futurevmk
06-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey GBShorts, Your actually spamming! Stop tricking people you cruel mod.

soccerkidtlk
06-30-2006, 02:35 PM
No actually she is not, she is using flashy words to get your attention so you know about the trading forum change.

GBShorts
06-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Not really. :) Sometimes we mods have to be creative in getting you users attention. You looked, didn't you? :) Not to mention, I did this at an administrator's request. :P

So. Don't think I'm that cruel...Sorry you think trying to help people not get scammed is cruel. :)

Let's not let our eyes get too wide over stuff. This thread title is a perfect example of "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

Relax and take it in stride.

love me im awesome
07-01-2006, 03:56 AM
LOL omg you guys, relax like she says she's getting our attention. Thats what she has to do :-)
Good idea mods!

toonyphooey
07-02-2006, 05:15 PM
So... Where's The Dancing Inferno

(jk)

blastoy
07-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Free INFERNO!!
Where is it.. WHERE IS IT!!
lol

Speedy_Bear
07-04-2006, 05:53 AM
I guess i will not be allowed to join since this is my first post
lol

Cougarcheer
07-04-2006, 03:36 PM
awesome idea!!! i hate scammers
i hate scammers to

pinatine
07-04-2006, 07:59 PM
great idea but the group name is a bit odd. well i supose there is no need to take the mick!

GuitarGeek
07-04-2006, 08:21 PM
GBShorts,
how come i can not see the link to this forum in my group membership thing and i am a part of the group i just can't get in there could you help?

CaptainHilts
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
thanks GBShorts!

CooCody
07-07-2006, 10:18 PM
this club is not going to be good.

IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT! GOODBYE SCAMMERS!

Tyvm GBShorts

Swimmin_Is_Wat_I_Do
07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
it sounds pretty cool, but i am not going to sign up bc i am not good with keeping up w/ a trade i promise...and anyways i tried doing that, but i couldnt find the person who i said i would trade with....

I still might though, let me think about it
~Duckie Luvr//AdventureFishie(on vmk)

superboomer
07-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Just kidding.

Read this anyway.

Since no one is paying attention to the announcement ^^ UP THERE...or on wanted trades...or on I have to trade...or on the site feedback...

I'll repost it here! :)

This is to avoid scammers signing up with new accounts and joining right away, only to scam users. Get some experience under your belt on the forums before trying to join. I mean this both in NON SPAM WORTHWHILE posts and time.

there goes the fun april fools joke...

GBShorts
07-19-2006, 02:55 AM
edited to add:

Offering trades outside the trading post or having your friends do trades for you may result in your permanent removal from Trader Mick's, or never being allowed in...and your friend losing their privileges too.

F0REVERL0ST
07-19-2006, 03:03 AM
edited to add:

Do this mean we can not communicate via PM regarding trading?

GBShorts
07-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Do this mean we can not communicate via PM regarding trading?
That's not what I said.

I said that:

1. we don't allow trade threads on behalf of friends (example: "My friend can't get into the trading post so I'm trading his _______" This has never been allowed, even before the introduction of Trader Mick's.

2. we don't allow users to post trade threads OUTSIDE of the Trading post. If they are not members of Trader Mick's and do this...and continue to do this despite warnings, they will be banned and never allowed into Trader Mick's.

Does that clear it up?

F0REVERL0ST
07-19-2006, 03:24 AM
That's not what I said.

I said that:

1. we don't allow trade threads on behalf of friends (example: "My friend can't get into the trading post so I'm trading his _______" This has never been allowed, even before the introduction of Trader Mick's.

2. we don't allow users to post trade threads OUTSIDE of the Trading post. If they are not members of Trader Mick's and do this...and continue to do this despite warnings, they will be banned and never allowed into Trader Mick's.

Does that clear it up?

Yes, thanks. I just didn't understand.

QueenNikki
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
You have to sign up for the trading post group to do it.

PaperClip
07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
How many posts are required?

darthmatt
07-27-2006, 07:34 PM

But it will increase your chances of being banned ;)

GBShorts
07-28-2006, 03:29 AM
How many posts are required?
Enough. ;)

But it will increase your chances of being banned ;)
Possibly :P

AceGoalkeeper
07-30-2006, 06:20 PM
i'm glad you guys did this! ;) it's a great idea! i didn't see this somehow when you posted about it, sonow i do! thx! :D

- Ace

SillyChrissy_
08-01-2006, 06:12 AM
what am i going to do then because i have a lot to trade and i can't get in so like is there a way to get in to the thread or something

Llewelyn
08-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info!
I had been trying to join and had trouble. Now I know its bc I'm a newby (of course)
Thanks again :)

Domothehut
09-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanx For Letting Us Know :)

BillyBobTheKid
09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
How many posts do you need? :confused:

PaperClip
09-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Enough. ;)
How many posts are considered "Enough?" I am already in, but still curious.

GBShorts
09-21-2006, 12:42 PM
How many posts do you need? :confused:

How many posts are considered "Enough?" I am already in, but still curious.

There is no set number. I can tell you it's WAY over ten though.

We look at the quality of your posts and look to see what they're like.

Posts that are all "bump!" or "omg lol" or all in off-topic probably don't count. Make sense? One must be an active member of our forums. You can't get something for nothing, kiddos (and adults). :)

Tattooine
09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Okay i am lost, I spend so much time on VMKF, i read and post everyday. (almost) for three weeks now. I have never posted any spam posts, and find these boards to be a great source of information. However now that I am not moderated, I still am unable to gain access to offer on ppls stuff or even let ppl know what I have. I am curious as to why. Any insight would be helpful.

I chose this board over the rest even with the 1-3 week moderation, approvals etc. just to avoid scams and spam. Just wondering when I can be a full member, if at all?

Wendot
09-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Okay i am lost, I spend so much time on VMKF, i read and post everyday. (almost) for three weeks now. I have never posted any spam posts, and find these boards to be a great source of information. However now that I am not moderated, I still am unable to gain access to offer on ppls stuff or even let ppl know what I have. I am curious as to why. Any insight would be helpful.

I chose this board over the rest even with the 1-3 week moderation, approvals etc. just to avoid scams and spam. Just wondering when I can be a full member, if at all?

Hmm, this is posted on another thread (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66909) with the same announcement, but the time detail is left out on this thread:

Get some experience (AT LEAST A MONTH) under your belt on the forums before trying to join.
So yeah, give it a month from the date you joined - then try applying for Trader Mick's again. Users will be denied even if they have 2000 posts, but haven't been a member for at least a month. As far as I can see, you're on a good, non-spam route to eventually join Trader's. Thanks for your patience.

GBShorts
09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Oops. My mistake. :) I added that into the other threads, then went and forgot this one was here. :)

First post edited to reflect the change. Thanks!

cutiepiesierra
09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
LOL keep the scammers out that wont happen unless a mirical happens but im ttly with you on that shorts keep on trying to keep them out and rock on!

cutiepiesierra

Waterelement
09-22-2006, 01:27 AM
I joined a bit ago, and I think this is a good idea.

LOL, imagine if for their reason, someone put down "So I can scam people"

rotfl!

POWER TO THE SHORTS!

GBShorts
09-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I joined a bit ago, and I think this is a good idea.

LOL, imagine if for their reason, someone put down "So I can scam people"

rotfl!

POWER TO THE SHORTS!

You'd be surprised some of the reasons we see. :)

Or the people who DEMAND to get in :)

pattiepaws
09-22-2006, 05:29 AM
How many posts should I do or have to do before I am alowed to trade codes? Sorry I am very new at this :)

pattiepaws
09-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Oh nvm i just read the answer to my question. Seems like a popular on.

SpinMarty
09-22-2006, 05:35 AM
I just joined and the group screen says I am a member of the spoiled group but I don't know how to get to where I can read the threads. Can someone help me please?
Click on the "Forums" button at the top of the page. As you scroll down you should be able to see the Secrets group listed towards the bottom.

SM

BnyKty
10-22-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm blind, I haven't seen this thread before (or maybe it's because I almost never visit the News Articles section :rolleyes:).

Anyways, this is an awesome idea!

GBShorts
10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm blind, I haven't seen this thread before (or maybe it's because I almost never visit the News Articles section :rolleyes:).

Anyways, this is an awesome idea!

It's also atop both the I have to trade and wanted trades sections.