View Full Version : Teleporter installation and useage

Jim B
08-21-2005, 01:09 AM
OK, it must be me (because I see working teleporters in dozens of guest rooms) but I can't find how to properly install them. I know from the forum that they must be a matched pair. I bought mine in VMK so I am sure this won't be an issue for me. I assume that placing one each in two of my rooms would link the rooms. Am I right so far? Can they be linked to other areas in VMK? Are there any other uses for them? Also, if you have several of the same type of teleporters how do you figure out which of the teleporters are the linked pair? (for removal and reuseage) I just don't want to do something wrong and have a pair of teleporters that don't work. Thanks for your anticipated help.

featheralley
08-21-2005, 01:16 AM
OK, it must be me (because I see working teleporters in dozens of guest rooms) but I can't find how to properly install them. I know from the forum that they must be a matched pair. I bought mine in VMK so I am sure this won't be an issue for me. I assume that placing one each in two of my rooms would link the rooms. Am I right so far? Can they be linked to other areas in VMK? Are there any other uses for them? Also, if you have several of the same type of teleporters how do you figure out which of the teleporters are the linked pair? (for removal and reuseage) I just don't want to do something wrong and have a pair of teleporters that don't work. Thanks for your anticipated help.

okay,what do you mean by other areas of vmk other guest rooms or regular rooms like main street?

rokntink
08-21-2005, 01:19 AM
The teleporters automatically are connected when you buy them. That's why they come in pairs. You set them up and then they automatically work. If they don't it is either that they don't go together or it is a slight glitch in the system.

Paris

Jim B
08-21-2005, 01:25 AM
The teleporters automatically are connected when you buy them. That's why they come in pairs. You set them up and then they automatically work. If they don't it is either that they don't go together or it is a slight glitch in the system.

Paris

So I could create a direct link from say, Castle Fireworks lobby to the Monorail?

Captain Brain
08-21-2005, 01:29 AM
no sorry when i started vmk i thought that the jungle cruise teleporter went to the jungle cruise game

Jim B
08-21-2005, 01:29 AM
okay,what do you mean by other areas of vmk other guest rooms or regular rooms like main street?

Both, although I would assume I would need the other room owner's permission to link to their room.

LordIllidan
08-21-2005, 03:39 AM
i shall answer all questions in order with less then 15 words per answer !

yes

if they are guest rooms, yes

decoration/ confusing ppl lol

you guess lol trial and error

(question from 3 posts later) if you can convince Yavn or a VMK_ to stick it there lol

Jim B
08-21-2005, 04:24 AM
i shall answer all questions in order with less then 15 words per answer !

yes

if they are guest rooms, yes

decoration/ confusing ppl lol

you guess lol trial and error

(question from 3 posts later) if you can convince Yavn or a VMK_ to stick it there lol

lol OK, you got them all... Thanks for the clarification (and the humor) I'll just stick with my rooms to start.

LordIllidan
08-21-2005, 04:27 AM
glad i can help :)

(honestly, now a days it feels like i spend more time on other ppl than myself on vmk lol)