View Full Version : New Newsletter 6/13/06

Schmoofy
06-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Community Newsletter

Push's Review & Preview!
This week, Push the Trashcan reviews Disney and Pixar's Cars!

Hey dudes! Have you seen the new computer animated movie by Disney and Pixar? It's called Cars and it's way cool! It takes place in a world where cars are like people and they talk, sleep, and eat! One of the most famous cars is this race car dude named Lightning McQueen. He's a hotshot rookie who thinks he doesn't need anyone's help. Lightning has a chance to win the race of his life against two of the biggest racing legends. But on his way to the track he accidentally gets lost and ends up in the little rundown town called Radiator Springs where he gets into a lot of trouble! Will Lightning ever make it to the race? Will he ever get out of Radiator Springs? Or will he finally learn there's more to life than living in the fast lane? This movie totally gets two lids up! The animation is cool, the cars are amazing, and the jokes are hilarious. Make sure to sit all the way through the credits for a really cool Cars-i-fied look at all your favorite Disney and Pixar movies. Plus, there's a special bonus at the end, so make sure you stay car-tuned!

Item of the Week

Each week we'll be revealing the history of an item, answering questions such as When did it first appear, how long was it in shops, is it rare? Check back each week for the info on another item.

Item: Pirate Throne
Where can I buy it? Shrunken Ned's Shop
What colors does it come in? Purple, Blue, Red, or Black.
Are there any rare types? The Green Pirate Throne is a beta item and is now only available as prizes in certain HOST games throughout Pirates Month.
What's it for? A perfect chair for the picky pirate.
History: This item was designed with the Pirates of the Caribbean fan in mind. The back of the chair has the same skull and crossbones design as the bed in the Captain's Quarters in the infamous attraction at Disney theme parks. The bright variety of colors on the cushions show what the pirates have plundered from wealthy homes in the Caribbean.
Nickname: Swashbuckler's Seat

On stage now: High School Musical

The High School Musical DVD is now in stores! VMK is part of the action with the new print-at-home High School Musical Quest.

The VMK home page now has the new print-at-home High School Musical Quest. Some of the questions can be answered at home, while others will require a trip to either Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park. Answer all the questions correctly to win special VMK High School Musical items.

Long Sleeved Clothes

Now that warmer weather is here, we've removed most of the cold-weather gear from the Clothing catalog. We do still have a small selection of jackets for cooler weather, and of course the Everest outfit is guaranteed to keep anyone warm, even when visiting the Yeti.

VMK Cards

Have you ever wondered what cards you are missing in your collection. Well there is now a great new way to discover all the cards for VMK. Check it out (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/WhatIsVMK/index?name=VMKCardPage)

Awards and Top Players

What makes a Guest Room award-worthy?
Guest or Game Rooms that stand out show originality in concept and design. It could be a use of conventional furniture in unconventional ways, the use of a theme or color, or humor. Game rooms that get the nod offer a new game idea or a new twist on an old favorite. In all rooms we look for room owners who welcome everyone with a smile and show a willingness to answer questions about their room.

Check out this week's Best Guest Rooms and Best Game Rooms. (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=AwardsAndTopPlayersPage)

New feature! Click on the name of the room to view an image of the room!

Best Guest Rooms -

Whoosh back in time for a wild ride on Magicstarpower's Dinosaur The Ride! On this ride you will get a chance to see and even help rescue a captured dinosaur. But keep an eye on the clock so you don't run out of time.

Come along on this swashbuckling adventure, as told by Baby in his Pirate story time room. You will hear grand stories of adventure of this Captain and his crew. Have a seat and enjoy.

Best Game Rooms -

Drivers, start your engines! RctInfinity brings us The Everest 50th Race Track. Take part in this dash for the checkered flag.

Do you feel like putting out some fires? Well if you do stop on by TikiRoom's Race To Put The Fire Out. But remember when the race is done to turn the fires back on. It helps her out.

Best Player Quests -

What Is the Title Of That Quest? WWEDUDE has made this great quest where you have to say the full title of the item, person, or room that the picture shows. So good luck and have fun.

Scam Alert
All Quests, whether they are official VMK Quests or Quests made by Players, are free to everyone. Please don't pay anyone to do their Quest, or for help completing Quests. If a Player is asking for items before you can join their Quest, or to be "paid" to help you with a Quest, please report them and then leave their room. No prize is worth being scammed over, and VMK won't replace these items for you. Players caught charging to participate in Quests may be banned for scamming.

VMK Staff Profiles
Each week we interview a different member of the VMK Staff. Pay attention - the answers may prove useful in VMK-hosted trivia games!

Staff name: QA_caffdawg

Three favorite pieces of furniture, and why?
PhilharMagic Chair - They are very comfy and remind me of being in the theaters. Parrot Palm Tree - because I like adding a little shade to the room, and plus, the parrot tells some funny jokes (He gets it from me, of course...) And last but not least, the Photo Album, so I can share all my VMK memories with other players.
Favorite *type* of Guest Room?
Haunted Mansion Conservatory& I love the attraction at the parks, so having the room is like owning part of the ride& how cheesy of me to say!
Favorite Public Space?
I usually end up in the Haunted Mansion lobby, but I spend most of my time wandering around VMK. So, if you're lucky, you might spot me!
Favorite Mini-Game? (ie: Pirates, haunted Mansion .. not the hosted games)
Haunted Mansion! What a surprise! I'm terrible at sailing the seas and defeating pirates, but catching ghosts is my specialty. I'm always up for a game of HMG (if I'm not terribly busy), so if you see me, let's play!
Best VMK moment?
My favorite VMK moment was showing off the Tron outfit. I walked around for a long time, making sure everyone got a chance to see it. The comments about the costume were phenomenal.
Favorite place to hang out in VMK?
I like visiting random players quest/guest rooms. Some players come up with some really cool quests, and other players have a wild imagination and create such great rooms. Also, they seem so happy to see me when I pop in! ;)
Best tip for someone new to VMK?
First, read the VMK Values. Get familiar with them, and also, if you have any other questions, community leaders are always willing to help. Always keep an eye out on the newsletter and calendar. Sometimes, they give out hints of what's going to happen during the month and what might come out!
What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?
Please do not give out any personal information about yourself, especially how old you are and what state/city you live in. Would you give that sort of information to a stranger? VMK is no different! Be smart, be aware, and most importantly, be safe!

In-Park Quests!
Going to Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park? Play the in-Park Quests! Learn more here. (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=QuestsLandingPage)

New High School Musical Quest! (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=HighSchoolMusicalQuestPage)Watch the movie, visit the parks and answer all the questions to win cool stuff!

Get the Thrill Seekers Quest for the Walt Disney World® Resort here (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=ThrillSeekersQuestPage)!

Try your hand at the 50th Celebration Quest (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=DLR50thQuestPage)at the Disneyland® Resort!

The Tomorrowland Quest is still available: Download it here (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=TomorrowlandQuestPage)

Contact Us Tips
When using Contact Us to ask a question or report an issue, please be aware of the following:

If you use AOL for e-mail, you won't receive our response; the AOL e-mail filters block our replies. Please provide an alternative e-mail in the Contact Us form where it asks for your e-mail address.
Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it. Please be sure to allow mail from [email protected] (this email address does not receive e-mail except via the Contact Us form)

Chip
06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I don;t see that on the homepage..

MagicStarPower
06-13-2006, 07:40 PM
OMG OMG!! I won again! OMG!

AceAlienHunter
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
OMG OMG!! I won again! OMG!Yup! Congrats!

Cakee
06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Congrats winners :)

Mr. CoConut 870
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
OMG OMG!! I won again! OMG!
that's awesome magic!

thanks for posting shmoofy!:wave2:

Schmoofy
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Make sure to sit all the way through the credits for a really cool Cars-i-fied look at all your favorite Disney and Pixar movies. Plus, there's a special bonus at the end, so make sure you stay car-tuned!I'll lay 100 credits down that at the very end of Cars, there's a VMK code waiting for us.

CrazyAlly
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
awe! i just saw that movie yesterday!

*hits head*why didnt i stay?!!

gigarichard
06-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I'll lay 100 credits down that at the very end of Cars, there's a VMK code waiting for us.

maybe it's hidden at the end like as a phone number but it's really a code... lol I just hope it's some type of code but if it is why has no one said anything...

Smoop
06-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll lay 100 credits down that at the very end of Cars, there's a VMK code waiting for us.
...must... go ... see.. cars... now..... thanks Schmoofy!! If I find anything I'll post it here.

rockclimbing
06-13-2006, 07:59 PM
the new feature bout clicking a room and a pic will come i don't understand that and also this looks like 1 of the coolest newsletter

soccerkidtlk
06-13-2006, 08:10 PM
I went to cars but i didnt see anything at the end

Shayjack
06-13-2006, 08:12 PM
I don't understand why they are reveiwing their own movies. 'Cause it's not like they're ever going to say anything bad about it.

GraspingClaw
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I doubt it's a code. Who's going to be prepared to write it down? I'll bet what Push is referring to is just the normal Pixar staple of including deleted scenes and "out-takes" at the end of their films.

Oranges
06-13-2006, 09:44 PM
There's not really anything that can be considered a code. There's a little short scene after the credits that shows the vans lost, but there's no numbers or anything.

As for "extra clips of Disney and Pixar Movies", they show all the cars from the movie at a Drive-In movie and they watch Disney/Pixar films where the characters have been turned into cars, such as Toy Car Story (Woody and Buzz are cars). "You are a toy car!" is one of the lines. They show Monsters Inc. only Mike and Sulley and the Abominable Snowman are cars (to be more technical, they're monster trucks, LOL).

There's nothing VMK related in the movie. Seen it three times already. It was a great movie.

TikiRoom
06-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Hmm, who knows, unless then see it... anyways, YAY! I won Best game room, I worked so hard working my way up, up, and THERE! Yay, I want to thank VMK, YunaFantasy, frenchessica, and many others!! Anyways, thanks for posting!

adorablepup
06-16-2006, 07:05 PM
i bet the code is hidden or maybe you guys did not look closely?