View Full Version : newsletter 6/6

ChrisR
06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4439/vmknewsletterpirates7kp0ju.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Thar be Pirates ahead!
Will ye be prepared, Matey?

High School Musical
Check out a sneak peek of what you can get right now in VMK.

Trash Talk with Push

Hey everyone!

You may have seen me rolling around the Kingdom but I have not had the chance to meet and talk with everyone. So along with being in VMK, I have taken over a little part of the VMK Newsletter and every week you will get to read something new and exciting from the most FAMOUS trash can in all of Tomorrowland!

On stage now: High School Musical

The High School Musical DVD is now in stores! VMK is part of the action with the new print-at-home High School Musical Quest.

Some of the questions can be answered at home, while others will require a trip to either Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park. Answer all the questions correctly to win special VMK High School Musical items.

VMK Cards

Have you ever wondered what cards you are missing in your collection. Well there is now a great new way to discover all the cards for VMK. Check it out

Long Sleeve Clothes

Now that warmer weather is here, we've removed most of the cold-weather gear from the Clothing catalog. We do still have a small selection of jackets for cooler weather, and of course the Everest outfit is guaranteed to keep anyone warm, even when visiting the Yeti.

Room Building Tip

Before you build a room, think of what kind of room you'd like to have. Like a game room or chill room or museum. Another good idea is to pick a theme. For instance, this month is all about pirates. So you could make a really cool treasure trove or pirate prison. There's lots of ideas out there, so get creative and get room building!

Awards and Top Players
What makes a Guest Room award-worthy?

Guest or Game Rooms that stand out show originality in concept and design. It could be a use of conventional furniture in unconventional ways, the use of a theme or color, or humor. Game rooms that get the nod offer a new game idea or a new twist on an old favorite. In all rooms we look for room owners who welcome everyone with a smile and show a willingness to answer questions about their room.

Check out this week's Best Guest Rooms and Best Game Rooms.

New feature! Click on the name of the room to view an image of the room!

Scam Alert

All Quests, whether they are official VMK Quests or Quests made by Players, are free to everyone. Please don't pay anyone to do their Quest, or for help completing Quests. If a Player is asking for items before you can join their Quest, or to be "paid" to help you with a Quest, please report them and then leave their room. No prize is worth being scammed over, and VMK won't replace these items for you. Players caught charging to participate in Quests may be banned for scamming.

VMK Staff Profiles
Each week we interview a different member of the VMK Staff. Pay attention - the answers may prove useful in VMK-hosted trivia games!

Staff name: VMK_Eagle

Three favorite pieces of furniture, and why?

Any color Crate, because you can stack them and make towers, place a chair on them, and chill. The River Rides Pieces are also really fun&sometimes&you never know where they will lead you. And the Crow's Nest Barstool Pole. The same reason as the crates. Stack them and even mix the river pieces to make an awesome ride.

Favorite *type *of Guest Room?

Haunted Mansion Conservatory - Its an eerie room that I think is great for Halloween ( My favorite Holiday )

Favorite Public Space?

The Dungeon. I like Dragons, and it is my favorite NPC.

Favorite Mini-Game? (ie: Pirates, haunted Mansion .. not the hosted games)

The Hunted Mansion Game is awesome. It's a great way to get the credits you need.

Best VMK moment?

Every moment in VMK is the BEST

Favorite place to hang out in VMK?

My Bird Watch Room..It gives off a happy feeling. Sit there and watch the view.

Best tip for someone new to VMK?

If you have a question or need help and can not find a staff member, look for a Community Leader. They can help too.

What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?

Read the VMK Values!!! They are a big help to keep you out of trouble.

In-Park Quests!
Going to Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park? Play the in-Park Quests! Learn more here.

New High School Musical Quest! Watch the movie, visit the parks and answer all the questions to win cool stuff!

Get the Thrill Seekers Quest for the Walt Disney World® Resort here!

Try your hand at the50th Celebration Quest at the Disneyland® Resort!

The Tomorrowland Quest is still available: Download it here

Contact Us Tips
When using Contact Us to ask a question or report an issue, please be aware of the following:

If you use AOL for e-mail, you won't receive our response; the AOL e-mail filters block our replies. Please provide an alternative e-mail in the Contact Us form where it asks for your e-mail address.
Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it. Please be sure to allow mail from [email protected] (this email address does not receive e-mail except via the Contact Us form)

Best Guest Rooms

Are you eyes playing tricks on you? They just might be if you visit Renepener's Room of Eye Tricks! Take the time to check out the pictures that spell out "EYE" and you'll notice all the different ways there are to look at the VMK world around you.
Walk on over to SmileySchnerk's Dis Sing Along for a fun time. Sing along to some of your favorite Disney songs. Don't forget to bring a friend to sing along, too!

Best Game Rooms

Come take a ride on KingOfBoo's Scary - Go - Round. Here you spin around skeleton chairs until King spins a 6, then try to grab a seat before they are all gone... if you dare! Mwahahahaha!
Take stroll along Slamina's Broken Bridges game. Before you make it across, you better make sure you fill in the missing pieces. Otherwise you might be taking a long walk off a short bridge! Whatever you do, don't look down!
Best Player Quests

Calling all landlubbers and seadogs! Hop aboard the Pirates Ride Quest created by KnotillusKneemoe for fun and adventure on the high seas. Test your "Caribbean" knowledge and perhaps plunder an amazing prize!
Players who have been previously recognized for their design talents will receive the VIP award.

Poll: What type of ride items should VMK make?
space mountain:23.3
water slides: 46.6
train tracks: 4.5
dark ride tracks: 25.4

PurpleMonkey
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks... I would have never found it since I don't visit the vmk main page.

Tron
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Yay! A Push section! Woot!

Exoxus
06-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Its is so uber awsome! :D WOOT!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/conduitman/VMK-newsletter-pirates.jpg

Go VMK! :)

PirateTod
06-06-2006, 09:34 PM
OMG That Rocks

Adventurebry
06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I CAN'T WAIT for that piano. Must.. Have... NOW!!

PirateTod
06-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Everything in That Picture Rocks!

Exoxus
06-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh Mods, isnt this news-worthy? And also, I cant wait for the Organ! Whoot! It will look great in my room. I wonder if it will be in the Park Pirates Quest or in game Quest..

Neoteny
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Is it just me, or are the VMK producers obsessed with pianos and organs? There are so many different kinds of furniture they could make, and yet we keep getting more pianos and organs!

Still, this one does look kinda cool.

Of course, they'll probably have us sitting backwards at it again.

I like the new costume, too!

JasonDude
06-06-2006, 10:43 PM
What?? Sitting backwards?! However are we going to play it with our grotesque, serpent-like beards!?

ChrisR
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM

ah yes. that is the davey jones organ.

Maribeth
06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Woot! New room, costume and organ!!

Push is in newsletter every week.. except this one.

They made more typos than usual in this one.. Too much coffee?

ROFL

Neoteny
06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Woot! New room, costume and organ!!

Push is in newsletter every week.. except this one.

They made more typos than usual in this one.. Too much coffee?

ROFL
It's hard to type when you're a trashcan with no arms, hands, or fingers.

Maribeth
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Naw Push doesn't type the newsletters he has a translater. Besides.. if Eagle typed that then maybe its just Eagle because his section was most typoed. I'll ask Eagle later. Actually its the coders I remember when it said VMK_Hula I told Flight and he said he'd yell at someone lol I'm the one that fixed it! LOL

Emma650560
06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
when does this stuff come out do you suppose?

It will be so cool to get it

camara
06-06-2006, 11:46 PM

lol, that definetely looks like a pirate quest item ( in-park )

not sure what that previous picture (the poster) will be from . . . .

Extras
06-07-2006, 12:35 AM
lol, that definetely looks like a pirate quest item ( in-park )

not sure what that previous picture (the poster) will be from . . . .
That's from the pirate adventure Game (Preferabbly)(sp?)

cratle
06-07-2006, 01:29 AM
So awesome....@_@, so they removed the long sleeves huh?

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 01:31 AM
So awesome....@_@, so they removed the long sleeves huh?
They'll be back in time for fall.

Xucid
06-07-2006, 01:44 AM
holy cow i totally want that piano!!

JessCats
06-07-2006, 02:27 AM
I can't wait for the pirate stuff to come out.

captmetal
06-07-2006, 02:27 AM
yea rofl i accidently saw this today around 4:00 pacific time but this is really great that you saw it because i cant start a thread here.

NixPoopyPants
06-07-2006, 03:40 AM

nobody says uber

ShadowScamp
06-07-2006, 03:46 AM
And who cares, some peope say it, maybe you just dont. But guess he does. Not that bad, is it?

love me im awesome
06-07-2006, 03:50 AM
nobody says uber
I say uber!!!!!
i <3 that word! :D

Princesspop
06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
that is so cool!

and by the way, what do they mean when they say:

Now that warmer weather is here, we've removed most of the cold-weather gear from the Clothing catalog. We do still have a small selection of jackets for cooler weather, and of course the Everest outfit is guaranteed to keep anyone warm, even when visiting the Yeti.

wat ones did they remove?:poison:

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 04:27 AM
that is so cool!

and by the way, what do they mean when they say:

wat ones did they remove?:poison:
I haven't checked, but I'm guessing they got rid of the various sweatshirts and long-sleeve shirts.

comixman
06-07-2006, 05:18 AM
coolito.... uh yay... OK, WHY ARE TEH EVEREST STUFF STILL HERE?

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 05:34 AM
coolito.... uh yay... OK, WHY ARE TEH EVEREST STUFF STILL HERE?
To foil us speculators who bought a bunch of them hoping they would be rare soon?

witchesrock
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
They're giving us jackets! Yay!

ChrisR
06-07-2006, 12:34 PM
correction: they are taking away jackets.
hey.. i noticed there is something next to the kid with the costume... ooo

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
That's the organ, you silly person.

PirateMario
06-07-2006, 12:57 PM

Yeah to the other side of him! It looks like a box!

Bubblesparkle
06-07-2006, 02:30 PM
A very big box with keys and decorations

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought that was just part of the room. You know, like how the Skull Rock room has treasure already in it before you add furniture.

futuremartymcfly
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
but this room is just the pirate prision room, and there isn't any box like that.

Neoteny
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Hmm. I guess you're right.

Ok, then.

DLRhorselover
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
is the piano in the emporium right now on vmk bc i have to have it!!

DLRhorselover
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
it is the organ and i really want it

DLRhorselover
06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
is the organ out in the emporuim today bc i have to have it

DLRhorselover
06-07-2006, 10:52 PM
when is it going to be on the market on vmk

SweetCoolGuy
06-07-2006, 10:55 PM
No I don't think the organ is out today. I am sure that we would have had people tellling us if it had been released. ;)

DLRhorselover
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
who knows when the stuff will be coming out

DLRhorselover
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
oh ok but i want to know when it is coming out

ChrisR
06-08-2006, 02:55 PM
we don't know. and please don't post 4 times in a row.. it is spam.

trinbin21
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Oh and Just for the record, the baseball uniforms for girls and boys are in the clothing section. The shirt in the tops, the pants in the pants and the shoes in the shoes. The everest stuff is in the clothing section as well. They have not disappeared. Still going for that dance costume!!

ChrisR
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
we still have our own exclusive costume though.. and they are comin in other colors...

yankes
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
sweet that would be cool

ShadowScamp
06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
we still have our own exclusive costume though.. and they are comin in other colors...
What costume?

bisha
06-10-2006, 08:00 PM
will i be able to get pirate costume on time and how do you get pirate costume director magic??

Sly cooper
06-10-2006, 09:37 PM
in the title of this thread, why does it say 25 credits?

callump01
06-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Omb!! W00t W00t!! I Cant Wait For The Costume (bit Like My Bird Hat In Pic Lol) W00t W00t!!!!

callump01
06-11-2006, 09:38 AM
in the title of this thread, why does it say 25 credits?

Well proboly the paino is 25 creds or summut! low price! :)