View Full Version : New Newsletter! 5/11/06

swimmingemma49
05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
In-Park Quests!

Going to Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park? Play the in-Park Quests! Learn more here.

Get the NEW Thrill Seekers Quest for the Walt Disney World® Resort here!

Try your hand at the NEW 50th Celebration Quest at the Disneyland® Resort!

The Tomorrowland Quest is still valid: Download it here

How do you combine Baseball rooms and Tiki Idol Pins into one theme? By calling it Tikis In The Outfield of course! All month the VMK Hosting team will be offering themed baseball games and other fun things to do. Check the Calendar for details. Watch the Newsletter for information on how to obtain the Baseball room and other items for your very own.

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/calendar/VMK-newsletterBestGameRoom.jpgWhat makes a Guest Room award-worthy?

Guest or Game Rooms that stand out show originality in concept and design. It could be a use of conventional furniture in unconventional ways, the use of a theme or color, or humor. Game rooms that get the nod offer a new game idea or a new twist on an old favorite. In all rooms we look for room owners who welcome everyone with a smile and show a willingness to answer questions about their room.

Check out this week's Best Guest Rooms and Best Game Rooms.

New feature! Click on the name of the room to view an image of the room!

Scam Alert

All Quests, whether they are official VMK Quests or Quests made by Players, are free to everyone. Please don't pay anyone to do their Quest, or for help completing Quests. If a Player is asking for items before you can join their Quest, or to be "paid" to help you with a Quest, please report them and then leave their room. No prize is worth being scammed over, and VMK won't replace these items for you. Players caught charging to participate in Quests may be banned for scamming.

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/calendar/VMK-newsletterStaffWave.jpgVMK Staff Profiles

Each week we interview a different member of the VMK Staff. Pay attention - the answers may prove useful in VMK-hosted trivia games!

Staff name:VMK_Runo

Three favorite pieces of furniture, and why?
*Bubbling Cauldron: I've always wondered whose skull that is in there. *The Photo Album: a great way to remember all the fun times I've had on VMK. *Green rocketship couch: Not only is it stylish, it's incredibly comfortable.
Favorite *type *of Guest Room?
Pirate Prison!
Favorite Public Space?
The Frontierland Dock - I like to go fishing on my breaks!
Favorite Mini-Game?
(ie: Pirates, haunted Mansion .. not the hosted games) I'm not very good at any of them, but I seem to be improving at Pirates, so that's probably my new favorite.
Best VMK moment?
Something new and exciting happens all the time, so my best moment changes each day.
Favorite place to hang out in VMK?
Matterhorn, throwing snowballs with the Yeti. Why do you think everyone yells "Run!" when they see me?
Best tip for someone new to VMK?
Don't beg others for free items. Just talk to people, get to know them, and try to make friends. You'll find that most people will be more than happy to show you how to earn your own credits and items, and they may even be nice enough to donate some of their stuff! I see it happen all the time.
What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?
If you think someone has figured out your password, change it immediately by going to www.disney.com, then click on "Guest Services," then "Your Account."

Contact Us Tips

When using Contact Us to ask a question or report an issue, please be aware of the following:

* If you use AOL for e-mail, you won't receive our response; the AOL e-mail filters block our replies. Please provide an alternative e-mail in the Contact Us form where it asks for your e-mail address.
* Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it. Please be sure to allow mail from [email protected] (this email address does not receive e-mail except via the Contact Us form)

__________________________________________________ _______________
Best Guest Rooms

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/global/BestRoomBadge.gifBest Guest Room - 1st Prize

The Giving Tree NPC! by MarkZx is a very busy, colorful room full of trees. TheGiving-Tree greets each Player and grants one wish. The outcome is very unpredictable and you never know what you'll get. A request for Dancing Inferno might get you a camp fire, and asking for a glass of water just might get you a fountain.

Okalyn shows she is a pirate fan in Pirates life for me!, a dance floor with a pirate's theme. The owner is friendly, accommodating, and definitely loves to dance! No scallywags allowed, as she makes sure VMK values are followed, and good times are "treasured" most of all! Arrrrrr.
Best Game Rooms

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/global/BestGameRoomBadge.jpgBest Game Room - 1st Prize

Oboeman's Deal or No Deal is a clever version of the popular TV show complete the chance to make a deal or no deal with the room owner. Hidden behind a tiki fence is the evil banker who makes offers and keeps the crowd amused with their antics.
Best Player Quests

http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/global/BestQuestPinBadge.jpgBest Player Quest - 1st Prize

Take a Quest to Never Land courtesy of room owner IMSnazzy. Visit your favorite friends like Tinkerbell, the Lost Boys, Captain Hook and some mermaids! This quest is not about where you end up; but about having fun along the way.

Players who have been previously recognized for their design talents will receive the VIP award.

MIKEtheMOUSE
05-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Staff name:VMK_Runo

Three favorite pieces of furniture, and why?
*Bubbling Cauldron: I've always wondered whose skull that is in there. *The Photo Album: a great way to remember all the fun times I've had on VMK. *Green rocketship couch: Not only is it stylish, it's incredibly comfortable.
Favorite *type *of Guest Room?
Pirate Prison!
Favorite Public Space?
The Frontierland Dock - I like to go fishing on my breaks!
Favorite Mini-Game?
(ie: Pirates, haunted Mansion .. not the hosted games) I'm not very good at any of them, but I seem to be improving at Pirates, so that's probably my new favorite.
Best VMK moment?
Something new and exciting happens all the time, so my best moment changes each day.
Favorite place to hang out in VMK?
Matterhorn, throwing snowballs with the Yeti. Why do you think everyone yells "Run!" when they see me?
Best tip for someone new to VMK?
Don't beg others for free items. Just talk to people, get to know them, and try to make friends. You'll find that most people will be more than happy to show you how to earn your own credits and items, and they may even be nice enough to donate some of their stuff! I see it happen all the time.
What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?
If you think someone has figured out your password, change it immediately by going to www.disney.com, then click on "Guest Services," then "Your Account."

Best Guest Rooms

The Giving Tree NPC! by MarkZx is a very busy, colorful room full of trees. TheGiving-Tree greets each Player and grants one wish. The outcome is very unpredictable and you never know what you'll get. A request for Dancing Inferno might get you a camp fire, and asking for a glass of water just might get you a fountain.
Okalyn shows she is a pirate fan in Pirates life for me!, a dance floor with a pirate's theme. The owner is friendly, accommodating, and definitely loves to dance! No scallywags allowed, as she makes sure VMK values are followed, and good times are "treasured" most of all! Arrrrrr.

Best Game Rooms

Oboeman's Deal or No Deal is a clever version of the popular TV show complete the chance to make a deal or no deal with the room owner. Hidden behind a tiki fence is the evil banker who makes offers and keeps the crowd amused with their antics.

Best Player Quests

Take a Quest to Never Land courtesy of room owner IMSnazzy. Visit your favorite friends like Tinkerbell, the Lost Boys, Captain Hook and some mermaids! This quest is not about where you end up; but about having fun along the way.

Tron
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
IMO almost none of the rooms looked great, maybe barely worth the award. Deal or No Deal has been done before, Pirates room looked alright, and I think the Giving Tree was alright but above the others, although NPC's are starting to get old. Is VMK really that bad off for good rooms? Just my two cents.

cratle
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Somebody already had this before you..

Lol..

Waterelement
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
yeah...like hours ago.

HOW HARD IS IT TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON???

Jolber
05-11-2006, 08:56 PM
yeah...like hours ago.

HOW HARD IS IT TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON???
so hard as pressing on something

rapby60
05-11-2006, 09:02 PM
lol (too short)

MIKEtheMOUSE
05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, I saw it when i went onto vmk.com then i came here and didnt see it in the news articles so i decided to let people know about it. People that use ****** would probably never know about it if they dont see it on the front page, sorry though, mods you can delete this if you shall.

swimmingemma49
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
That's what I thought too, although letting us see the rooms is a pretty nifty new feature.

RubyRubia
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM
I agree. The rooms are getting a little old... Did you see the picture of the pirate room? The girl kept saying to " plz invite everyone ". I thought the people came to you..? And yes, Deal or No Deal has been done before.

Let the originality flow into your brains people!

Ru Ru :peterpan:

swimmingemma49
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I agree. I mean, my room is so much cooler :D. (Shameless plug here... go to this link for a 'cooler' room: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54789)

frogtina
05-11-2006, 11:22 PM
why can't we just congratulate the people and go on?

RubyRubia
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Well, we are praising them, but giving critique. I am not trying to be mean.

Ru Ru :peterpan:

gigarichard
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
why can't we just congratulate the people and go on?

I agree, if VMK staff thought it was a nice room,game,or quest then it must have been.

Goldhunt
05-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Woot Woot! Oboeman I love the show Deal or no Deal I can even say it in the Chinese language.. Jouie (or) Bujouie. I think u spell it like that. It sounds like (j ow e) (boo j ow e)

P.S. :wave2: Woot Woot! My 800th Post!!!!!!!!:wave2:

djay
05-12-2006, 11:38 PM
yay!! My friend is okalyn!

XDisneyphileX
05-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Yay Best Quest! :mickey2:

mjt16
05-14-2006, 03:52 PM
:minniemo: :minniemo: :donald: :mickeymo: :mickey2: :peterpan: looks like a new award!:CastMem: :goofy: a smile from every one!

StrawxBerrys
05-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I agree, if VMK staff thought it was a nice room,game,or quest then it must have been.

Who are VMK Staff to make everyones opinion on things change? I highly respect them and thank them, and I have no intention to cause trouble, but just for the sake of debating and opinions, if VMK staff think something is nice, it doesn't mean its nice, does it? We all have different opinions. VMK staff have a different taste to other people, and it goes on.

~ Straw

disneylover1971
05-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Just because staff thinks something is nice does not mean everyone has to think something is nice, but in the end it is just a matter of respect to either say something nice or do not say something at all. I am not trying to preach, but all of these people worked hard on their rooms/games...no matter if you like them or not you should still be respectful. Maybe they aren't the best (in your opinion), so what? Lets congratulate them anyways! No one is forcing you to post things like "let the creativity flow through your brains people." On that topic, what does it matter if a game has been done before? What if the owner hasn't been around long enough to know that? What does that matter anyways?!? If it is good, even if it has been done before, then it still deserves recognition. It is ok to constructively criticize, but none of what has been said has been constructive!

I guess all I am saying is please be respectful and if you do not have something nice to say, then do not say it. There is too much negativety going on here. There is no need for come backs or rudeness; all that leads to is one person feeling better about themselves and someone else feeling badly. I do not know why the comments about the rooms were said, maybe you thought yours was more deserving, I do not know and I am not going to assume...but please just be nice and respectful in the future. If you do not like the rooms/games do not say anything or simply say congrats...you do not have to like them to say it.

How wouold you feel if you won best room/game and you came to the message board and everyone was saying negative things about it? Probably not too good.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS WEEK'S WINNERS!!! CONGRATS OBOEMAN...I ENJOYED PLAYING DEAL OR NO DEAL!!

Mochablue
05-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Mochablue’s NewsPaper
This was very exciting to make I meet with a very awesome staff person, an exciting community leader, and a really fun regular person have fun

Staff Person
VMK_Runo

Cici: Aloha what are Three of your favorite pieces of furniture, and why?

VMK_Runo: Bubbling Cauldron I've always wondered whose skull that is in there, The Photo Album, a great way to remember all the fun times I've had on VMK, and the Green rocketship couch Not only is it stylish, it's incredibly comfortable.

Cici: Favorite *type *of Guest Room?

VMK_Runo: Pirate Prison!

Cici: Favorite Public Space?

VMK_Runo: The Frontierland Dock - I like to go fishing on my breaks!

Cici: Favorite Mini-Game?

VMK_Runo: Pirates, haunted Mansion .. not the hosted games I'm not very good at any of them, but I seem to be improving at Pirates, so that's probably my new favorite.

Cici: Best VMK moment?

VMK_Runo: Something new and exciting happens all the time, so my best moment changes each day.

Cici: Favorite place to hang out in VMK?

VMK_Runo: Matterhorn, throwing snowballs with the Yeti. Why do you think everyone yells "Run!" when they see me?

Cici: Best tip for someone new to VMK?

VMK_Runo: Don't beg others for free items. Just talk to people, get to know them, and try to make friends. You'll find that most people will be more than happy to show you how to earn your own credits and items, and they may even be nice enough to donate some of their stuff! I see it happen all the time.

Cici: What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?

VMK_Runo: If you think someone has figured out your password, change it immediately by going to www.disney.com, then click on "Guest Services," then "Your Account."

Regular Person
Babidi

Cici: Hello what are Three of your favorite pieces of furniture, and why

Babidi:

Cici: Favorite type of guest room?

Babidi:

Cici: lol favorite public space?

Babidi:

Cici: cool Favorite mini-game?

Babidi:

Cici: Best VMK Moment?

Babidi:

Cici: cool best tip for someone new to vmk?

Babidi:

Cici: thank you for your time would u like to give any shout outs or like to say anything else?

Babidi:

Community leader
CL_figgiefig

Cici: Hello what are Three of your favorite pieces of furniture, and why

CL_figgiefig: fire window I heart pirates, kali ride chair just think its cool, and hippos bc they are evil

Cici: Favorite type of guest room?

CL_figgiefig: animal kingdom safari room

Cici: lol favorite public space?

CL_figgiefig: esplanade

Cici: cool Favorite mini-game?

CL_figgiefig: mansion

Cici: Best VMK Moment?

CL_figgiefig: helping at the maze event for like tent hours.

Cici: cool best tip for someone new to vmk?

CL_figgiefig: don’t worry about value of items get what u like and have fun

Cici: thank you for your time would u like to give any shout outs or like to say anything else?

CL_figgiefig: remember staff are people not computers they can only help a person at a time

Best Guest Room - I picked the winners -
CL_Jniffer’s Tiki Paradise is really a par a dise ( lol I just made a joke ) the owner as u might have guessed CL_Jniffer did an awesome job at making this place she is a really good host to she is kind and will help anyone out

Cicicici made a awesome room titled Dancing On Tables Trade Room its lots of fun trading and dancing and when u come in your greeted with a Big Aloha and smile so go on down and have some fun

Best Game Room -picked the winners-
DaBEEF’s Baseball Park is a great game where u run bases and get a cool prize when u hit homerun. You can also sit on the benches or the 50th chairs that are on the field I had a blast and I ma sure u will to. DaBEEF is a great guy and will help out if u need it so step up to that plate and hit that baseball

Mochablue
05-17-2006, 03:57 AM
sorry this is not done yet did not mean to click post please close close this thread

spot41414
05-17-2006, 04:04 AM
You can edit it..