View Full Version : Might be going to Disneyland - Need to know the top places to go!

SpottedDog
04-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Ok, so I've never been to Disneyland. Yeah, yeah..I know, impossible, right? Well I might be going and I need some advice on the best rides and resaurants.. So please answer them!

Best disneyland hotel:

Best Disneyland/DCA Resauarant:

Best Rides:

Best place in the hotel:

SpottedDog
04-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Where Is The Best Place To Just Sit Down..? Lol Someone Please Post!

Ali-Rae
04-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Hmm
well considering I live on the way other side,
I have no idea what DLR even looks like.
lol, sorry spot

♥ ♥ ♥

http://i2.************/t7l7i0.jpg

xxjoshua8xx
04-10-2006, 12:43 AM
lol i dont know

SpottedDog
04-10-2006, 12:44 AM
LOL its okay. Arg, time to get mister Grump-Grump in here. (He's half beaver incase you don't know:))

):-(><)

Miguzi.Man
04-10-2006, 01:01 AM
This is coming from a person who was raised going to disneyland every two months :)

Eating: The Blue Bayou (be sure to make a reservation a few days in advance) ,Rainforest Cafe (towards the end of Downtown Disney) , Rancho Del Zocolo (Order the two tacos meal :) )

Rides: Disneyland:Space Mountain (Be sure to get fastpasses early) , everything else is awesome and most of the time the lines aren't long (occasionaly Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters has a long line though) .Make sure to go to Innoventions!CA:Grizly River Run, California Screamin, Tower of Terror, and everything else.

Hotel: Dolphins Cove!It's not a disney hotel but it is awesome. The rooms used to be condos before Dolphins Cove took over so the places are really nice (every room has a nice tv).It has an awesome game room with airhockey,pool,a big tv,etc.There is a pool and spa and games in the rec room (sometimes you can win stuff). The best part is is that I know the staff and they let me access the internet there.(It's in a box that says sprinkler system:) ).

Oh and the best place to just sit down is...Disneyland: between Rancho Del Zocolo and Big Thunder Mountain (it's fun to just hear the birds chirping and the boat whistling as it comes up the river)...CA: On the benches in front of the Grizly River Run. (every once in a while an old fashion band comes by and play some fun songs!)

Have fun!

SpottedDog
04-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks! Any More Suggestions?:)

Miguzi.Man
04-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Do the in park quests. and buy a goofy hat to add to the fun :D

FlyThenFall
04-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Disneyland? My speciality! ;)

For a hotel, I would only recommend that you can get as good of a price for a room as you can. You're probably going to be spending almost all of your time at the parks, so an extremely "cushy" hotel probably wouldn't be that important. What is probably the most important aspect of a hotel is that it has either free (not with the ART) shuttle service or within reasonable walking distance to the parks.

For food...I would recommend the Rancho Del Zocalo (although they got rid of my beloved Campfire Fries...) and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port for value. The dishes at each of these places are big and can easily feed two. At the Rancho Del Zocalo indulge in a burrito or something...and if you're on a tight budget, ask if you can get it a la carte. At the Pizza Port grab the pasta platters or the salads because they're huge. And if you're in a big group getting a whole pizza is a GREAT deal.

Outside of Disneyland...Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel's pool is a must. Their food is much better than all the other service locations in the parks and it's a nice quiet atmosphere compared to being in the parks.

In terms of rides...you MUST go on the new Space Mountain and get Fastpasses for it immediately when you get to the parks. I would follow that with a trip on our Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion. I'm also assuming you're going to be at the parks before mid-June when our Pirates reopens...so don't forget to take a trip down the Jungle Rivers of the World on the Jungle Cruise and swing by the Temple of the Forbidden Eye with Indy. ;) The little rides like Mr. Toad are awesome if you the time.

Don't miss the Enchanted Tiki Room though. You don't know how much you miss out from the new "improved" Tiki room in the Magic Kingdom until you see the original version.

And last, but definately not least, you HAVE to see Remember, Dreams Come True from the central plaza. It's amazing and if you're a Disney geek like I am, with put tears in your eyes. :D

Have a great trip!

timmyastro
04-10-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks! Any More Suggestions?:)

Splash mountain if you manage to get into the park in the morning you can ride it like 3 times in a row like me :) river rapids

Mission tortilla facotry if you want a fast tortilla ;)

do the 50th quest for shure lol and

in the cave part in innoventions they have a vmk scavenger hunt!! the retured adventureland retro if your lucky

SEE THE FIREWORKS SHOW AT ALL COSTS!!

i could go on and on but i have to go bye! im going tomorrow and rest of this week for spring break ;)

NaviMap
04-10-2006, 06:13 AM
The old Motor Boat Cruise Dock under the monorail tracks across from the Matterhorn loading area/ entrance building. There's usually a turkey leg or hot dog stand in front of it.

The atrium in the Disney Gallery. Located directly above the Pirates of the Caribbean front doors.

Carnation Plaza Gardens. Located on the left side of the Castle.

EDIT: Blue bayou is unfortunately closed until the POTC refurbishment is finished.

technogirl
04-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Everyone's suggestions are great and I've almost done them all. The fireworks are great! Julie Andrews narrates the first part of it. Sorry, not trying to spoil it that much. ;)

smilezlie
04-10-2006, 06:50 AM
The old Motor Boat Cruise Dock under the monorail tracks across from the Matterhorn loading area/ entrance building. There's usually a turkey leg or hot dog stand in front of it..

ya, there is a turkeyleg cart that sells hotdogs (on occasion), chimmichangas, and salted mickey pretzels. there is also a turkeyleg/chimmi cart (no hot dogs) by the mark twain/columbia dock (or big thunder mountain), and a turkey leg/chimmi/pretzel cart towards the lefthand side of the castle across from the cappuccino cart. (i know every outdoor vending cart in disneyland, its a curse)

Best disneyland hotel: Grand Californian cuz its so new and close.

High priced inside parks: blue bayou in dland for good pricey food (they had this stuffed chicken thing that is AMAZING!) with great scenery, or Ariels Grotto in DCA. its character dining with the princesses, you get an appetizer (mmm french onion soup is my fave) a choice of entree (mmm salmon blt sooo good) and desert (peach cobbler is my fave) and instead of mints you get cotton candy and your own crown and a cute button. plus its on the water.

Good Cheap Food: pizza port is the best. pasta, pizza, salad all in one place. big portions good value. I also like plaza inn, pot roast, fried chicken, pasta, salad and great deserts...both in disneyland....or theres always the corndog cart for the worlds best corndogs or the clam chowder bread bowls from new orleans square......

DTD higher priced food: Rainforest Cafe. fun, good food (carribe chicken strips!) great for all ages. Im also partial to the Jazz Kitchen. food kind of has a kick of cajun spice, but the panned chicken with crawfish cream is AMAZING! but so is the kids meal of baked mac and cheese. soo good. PLUS they have bananas foster. (lets just say they set it on fire in front of you and it tastes sooo good!)

Cheap DTD food: White Water Snacks kids meals. they are like $6 tops now, come with loads of fries, and a drink with free refils and large portions. great for lunch. Or the Napels takeout place has great stuffed calzone and sandwiches.....and then there is the Jazz Kitchen take out. their fries are amazing! i generally get their kids popcorn chicken with normal fries. great deal and soooo good.

Best Deserts:

Disneyland: plaza inn strawberry shortcake....since they no longer have fantasia (pistacchio cherry and banana icecream) icecream!
DCA: if its ever open, aftershakes vanilla aftershake milkshake.
DTD: ESPN zone chocolate chip cookie sundae. fresh baked cookie, in a skillet, with 2 scoops of vanilla icecream, chocolate and caramel sauce (i think) chocolate shavings whipped cream and a cherry served hot. Jazz Kitchen Bananas foster!

as you can tell i am the food expert.

Best Rides:space mountain is more amazing now than before, and buzz lightyear. im also partial to big thunder, indiana jones, jungle cruise, matterhorn, splash mountain, and peter pan. you also have to do tower of terror and soarin over california.

Best place in the hotel: The fireplace in the lobby. so relaxing.

silverbullet
04-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Highest priced food is Club 33 in which I believe you can only acheive a membership by having someone who has it sell it or trade it...

acenima
04-10-2006, 07:29 AM
somewhere to just chill is sitting on a bench enjoying the weather.

GenieOfLamp
04-10-2006, 07:32 AM
MUST SEE RIDES: all the classic! (Jungle Cruise, Tiki room, Pirates of the carribean, anything there since opening)

Indiana Jones Adventure! One of the best themed and it's just unbelievably amazing!

Space Mountain! So fast and dark, you can't help but scream!

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin! Very well themed! Some amazing Disney magic!

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror! I'm obsessed with that ride! It has to be the best thing is California Adventure!!!

That's a pretty good lists for now!

NeonKnight
04-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Ok, so I've never been to Disneyland. Yeah, yeah..I know, impossible, right? Well I might be going and I need some advice on the best rides and resaurants.. So please answer them

Because you are here, make sure you print out all the in park quests to turn in infront of Innoventions. And pick up your in park quest cards. And be sure that you get them turned in for all ticketed ppl in your party not just the players. I mean you could always use 2 sets right?

Best disneyland hotel:
I always think that if you can take a walk through the Grand Californian it is really pretty. I am not so sure I am all about walking through the other hotels. I guess I have done it a little before, but it was not as nice as the Grand Californian.

I am not sure that the Blue Bayou is open with the Pirates ride being closed, but you do need to make reservations to be able to eat at normal times. But you may also have to make them to eat during the weekends. I am not so sure. I have been to Aerials Grotto it is cool because you seem guaranteed to get characters stopping by your table. After that, I like to go to Pizza port and share a salad breadsticks and the alfredo chicken pasta, it is alot of food most times i may skip the salad if there are not enough ppl or we are not hungry. And if you are ok with simple fried chicken strips it is nice to go see BillyHill and the Hillbillies for lunch....eat with a show. Oh, one more place to go but now i am thinking you may be there a long time :) The Storytellers cafe is a nice place to visit. It is just so pretty, and I have been there in the morning for a character breakfast.

Best Rides:
Well Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear are a given if you are going to only Disneyland. If you are going to get fast passes I hope. Get the Space Mountain ones as close to opening as you can. You do not have to go on the ride in the fast pass hour so please do not throw away your ticket if you miss that hour. You cannot get a second past pass until the first fast pass starts. I would not really get a HM or BTM fast pass. Unless you are passed the other big rides. Those rides usually do have slow times. HM is great during a fantasmic show. And later in the evening is a good time to go back to BTM.

Ok, so I love lots of other rides at Disneyland, but this is usually how i think of them: If you are at a point when you would like to do something and get some time to sit there is The first 50 years movie, The tiki room, the jungle cruise (if the line is longer than 15 minutes just come back it usually gets shorter) and It's A Small World (it is repetitive so be prepared or don't go). If you get cold, it is nice to recharge and go to Mr Toads Wild Ride. I used to like to go there after any water ride. :)

I agree the fireworks are not to be missed, but check one more thing in the schedule. If you can go to the second showing of Fantasmic it is totally worth it. It is better to see the second or third showing of Fantasmic anyway because people like to get seats early for the 1st show and it is not necessary. Also, if you watch the first one you can't get to a good spot for the fireworks. My friends and I like to go to the spot somewhat in front of Coke Corner and the Photoshop. You can see the castle and the Matterhorn.

Peter Pan is a pretty ride, I mean really pretty but it will always take 30 minutes or more to get on that ride on a good day. But if you have time it is worth it. All other fantasyland rides can be kind of silly, and the shorter the ride is based on a reason. Oh and I love storybookland. Alice in Wonderland is often missed because it is hidden but it is cute.

The Great River rapids(DCA) will get u wet, so be prepared for that. Splash mountain(DLR) could get you wet, but it is not as definite to me as Great River Rapids. I like the DCA California Screamin, Soaring over California (great and moving experience), Mulhulland Madness is really cute and it scares me for not being a scary ride, Tower of Terror is good, but i just found out not as good as WDW, but still good, and Monsters Inc is a very cute ride.

In DCA if I would like a place to sit there is the Animation building and inside it there is talk with Crush and the Animation class ( i have learned to draw pooh and mickey so far). If you like Muppets there is 3D movie, but it is usually a pass, but that is why the line is so short.

DCA shows like the Electric Light parade and the Block Party bash are fun, but definitely do it only if you have a couple of days in DLR. There is the possibility you can get across the parks for the fireworks, but it is not guaranteed or easy. I think I would try to watch the Aladdin show, it is really funny and it takes that 45 minute place a nice touch.

Best place in the hotel:
See above, I am not much help. :)

I think I talked alot of gibberish here, but I hope you have a great time at Disneyland.