View Full Version : Macromedia Problem Fixer

CaptainZeke
04-09-2006, 01:57 AM
I have noticed a LOT of threads started about problems with the Shockwave program. I have decided to start this thread and stop those problems. Here's how to fix this problem:

1)Go to this link: http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_18629

2)Look up Shockwave Player 9.0.0.434, the fourth box down. (P.S.: I suggest maybe trying to install the earlier versions too; this worked recently for me.)

3)If you have Windows, install the player marked 'For Windows'. Likewise, if you have Macintosh, install the one marked 'For Macintosh'.

4)After all this, go back to the home page, click 'Downloads' on the menu bar, go to Shockwave Player, and install the newest version of Shockwave.

NOTE: This is what worked for me, so if there are any problems with it, please notify me ASAP. Thanks, and hope it works! :)

Annia
04-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Cool, I'll tell my friend about it. She has been having problems with Macromedia Shockwave and hasn't been able to log onto VMK because of it.

CaptainZeke
04-09-2006, 02:37 PM
I just saw another person requesting help for this, so I will send it onto the recent threads list.

swimmingemma49
04-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok, I have a question about this... I followed those instructions exactly and it still isn't working for me on ******. I don't know why, but it works when I just use a regular window. When I try to use VMK Pal, I get the little red X. :(. Any suggestions?

CaptainZeke
04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Hmm, I'll check that out. Let me try and find a solution.

MelodyRose
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I had this on my other computer..

I have a new one now... But thx anyways.

CaptainZeke
05-26-2006, 02:27 AM
I edited #2. Try that if it's still not working.

BroDanielLane
06-01-2006, 12:55 AM
yes I was unable to play vmk for 2 weeks because I updated to shockwave 10. Nobody at adobe can give me an answer as to why I was having this problem, all they did was direct me to a forum of other ppl who are having this problem. It appears almost everyone who has shockwave 10 for internet explorer, doesn't seem to work. A solution to most ppl problem was reinstaling shockwave 10 through firefox browser. It worked for me.

From what I seen shockwave 10 has a defect when using microsoft internet explorer. So if you use microsoft internet explorer to play vmk, do not upgrade to shockwave 10. Either stay with your old shockwave or use firefox for vmk.

jeremyv
06-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Also using the standalone Flash and Shockwave installers will fix the problems. They install through Windows and completely bypass the browser, which ensures the proper files have been installed/overwritten.

Dark_angel_nightmare
06-21-2006, 01:38 AM
thanks I been having problem with it and you also help my other webs site i been having problem on thanks :D

blastoy
07-01-2006, 11:19 PM
i need help too
all i see is this black screen with a weird icon on the top left cornere
can you help?

Ginny
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
i need help too
all i see is this black screen with a weird icon on the top left cornere
can you help?

That's how it is for me. I played it since day one, now all of a sudden three weeks ago I can't get on. I have tried everything. One thing I can't figure out how to do is how I can install the older Version of shockwave? I saw some other suggestions but no knowing much about the computer I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for any help I can get. I need my VMK. We had one computer that would work, now it's giving me the black page like the other did. Now the other computer is black with the symbol, this computer is just all black.

Disregard what I said, I realized I wasn't following CaptainZekes directions exactly. Once I did the shockwave player started working again. I'm trying to get into VMK now since shockwave is working again (before it did the same thing, wouldn't show their little movie when I tested it), but it is acting like VMK is down. Is it down? It's important to say that when I downloaded 8.5 it worked, but when I download the 9.0 version of shockwave it won't work. If I have to have 9 to run vmk then I'm in trouble :(

BTW...CaptainZeke Your a GENIUS!!! We tried Everything, even system restores. Thank You So Much!! I'll always be indebted to you!....*BIG SMILEY :D *

Blop
08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
AHH!! help! i have done everything but there's still a small box with shapes in it still up there!!!

can someone plz help?? i havent been on VMK for over a month so plz someone?

cutieselina
08-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Please can someone help me, i keep logining in vmk, but every time it will say " sorry you have crashed , please login in again, plz Help!!!!!!:( :eek: :10_1_23: Plz PLz PLz

oreocrunch257
03-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Please can someone help me, i keep logining in vmk, but every time it will say " sorry you have crashed , please login in again, plz Help!!!!!!:( :eek: :10_1_23: Plz PLz PLz

That's what keeps happening to me..and I don't know how to solve thise problem? Is it Shockewave or something? Because I haven't been able to get on for 2-3 weeks...Could someone please help????