View Full Version : I need MAJOR Confirmation on In-park Quests, please

itsAPRIL
04-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm going to Disneyland Resort this week. Sadly, I wasn't fast enough to book a room in the hotel; buh bye stitch hat! But anyways, I need some help! Please tell me how to do the following things.. Details work SO MUCH better!

1. Where do you get each quests' quest sheet thing?

2. When you are done, do you keep it? Or turn it in..

3. If you turn it in, where?

4. They give you the cards for the quest, right? (LOL)

5. Which quests are available now in DLR?

6. Is the Pirate Quest/Tour open?

7. Where do I go for the tour to get the VIP Badge?

8. Please help me on other useful information :) Thx!

About DLR..
Do any of ya`ll know what good rides are there? I haven't tried the Matterhorn yet, though I've heard its cool. Any other rides I should be aware of? Any bad rides I SHOULD'NT go on? FYI, i'm sort of scared of roller coasters, I haven't gotten over my fear yet. But yeah. Please do tell me all cool things I can do in DLR! Disneyland Resort in California :)

Thanks! FrontierApril

~twinklebyte~
04-06-2006, 12:47 AM
off topic - how do ya make that little heart?

JustOh
04-06-2006, 12:50 AM
1 Inside innoventions on the first floor.
2 Turn it in
3 to the same place you got them
4 yes they do and they have codes to type in and get your reward
5 adventure land, frontierland, fantasyland. Print out a tomorrowland to get those rewards.
6 no
7 the badge is no longer given out because the tour is no longer there. This is due to select people selling them and using them to make money.
8 Print out a tomorrowland quest

Hope this helps.

PoloGuy
04-06-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm going to Disneyland Resort this week. Sadly, I wasn't fast enough to book a room in the hotel; buh bye stitch hat! But anyways, I need some help! Please tell me how to do the following things.. Details work SO MUCH better!

1. Where do you get each quests' quest sheet thing?

2. When you are done, do you keep it? Or turn it in..

3. If you turn it in, where?

4. They give you the cards for the quest, right? (LOL)

5. Which quests are available now in DLR?

6. Is the Pirate Quest/Tour open?

8. Please help me on other useful information :) Thx!

About DLR..
Do any of ya`ll know what good rides are there? I haven't tried the Matterhorn yet, though I've heard its cool. Any other rides I should be aware of? Any bad rides I SHOULD'NT go on? FYI, i'm sort of scared of roller coasters, I haven't gotten over my fear yet. But yeah. Please do tell me all cool things I can do in DLR! Disneyland Resort in California :)

Thanks! FrontierApril

1. Go to the VMK kiosk located by the Innoventions
2. Turn them in to the kiosk, remember to bring your park ticket.
3. The kisok.
4. Yup, make sure you have the right answers.
5. Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Advenureland, and Fantasyland
6. No, it's not.
7. Tours are no longer availabe.

All the rides are awesome, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

JustOh
04-06-2006, 12:57 AM
hey polo, they have moved the kiosk inside innoventions due to rain and the fact they dont have any more quests. This way they dont have to worry about a rush to vmk cenral at opening of the park. Instead it opens at I believe 10 am with the opening of innoventions.

NaviMap
04-06-2006, 10:17 AM
1. Where do you get each quests' quest sheet thing?Fantasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland Quests pamphlets can be obtained at the VMK Central Booth in front of Innoventions in Tomorrowland (you may be informed to go inside Innoventions to a small booth on the first floor if there its a rainy day).

The tomorrowland quest you print from home and bring it to the park. You'll find the DLR tomorrowland quest here (adobe pdf file, print extra just in case): http://avmk.disney.go.com/media/vmk/en_US/quests/tomorrowland/TomorrowlandDisneylandQuest.pdf
2. When you are done, do you keep it? Or turn it in.. Depends on the cast member at the booth. Some may just look at your answers and return the pamphlets, some may mark and grade them like a test, and some cast members may not return them after they're looked at. If you have a wrong answer they will return the pamplet to you and give you a chance to correct it.
3. If you turn it in, where?VMK Central booth, same place you picked up the pamphlets. Just present the completed quests to the cast member.
4. They give you the cards for the quest, right? (LOL)They give a reward card for each section of questions that are correct. If you get every question on all four quests correct, they may have an additional prize they will give. The rule is you can only get one type of each reward card per park ticket (they will scan your park ticket every time you turn in a quest).
5. Which quests are available now in DLR?Adventureland (in park), Fantasyland (in park), Frontierland (in park), & Tomorrowland (Print at home).

6. Is the Pirate Quest/Tour open?That was discontinued 12/23/05.
7. Where do I go for the tour to get the VIP Badge?The tours are discontinued so that reward card is not available.

8. Please help me on other useful information :) Thx!Any pdf files/coupons that you got from either top scores in fireworks, pirates, or Jungle cruise games as well as the hidden mickey quest can be turned in to the VMK Central booth for reward cards.

Also, there are reward cards that you can get from purchasing certain merchandise from the following stores:
Magic Shop (Magic Mirror)
Mad Hatter (Golden Ears)
Hatmosphere (Golden Ears)
Star Traders (T-shirt)
Pooh Corner (Candy)
Store Command at Buzz Lightyear exit (Celebration pin)
Ask about the VMK cards when you are checking out at the cash register.

Do any of ya`ll know what good rides are there? I haven't tried the Matterhorn yet, though I've heard its cool. Any other rides I should be aware of? Any bad rides I SHOULD'NT go on? FYI, i'm sort of scared of roller coasters, I haven't gotten over my fear yet. But yeah. Please do tell me all cool things I can do in DLR! Disneyland Resort in California :)Matterhorn is a bumpy roller coaster ride. Gadget go coaster is not worth waiting over 5 minutes for (the ride is only around 30-40 sec long).

You can view this thread to give you a general idea of what and when to ride at Disneyland:
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10872

Fridays and Saturdays are the very busiest days there
Try to make it before the park opens, the wait times are very short for the first 2 hrs. before the huge crowds come in
Ride Space Mountain first (but its a dark roller coaster)
Ride Splash Mountain next
If you don't like coasters, then the following would be also be good attractions: Soarin Over CA (DCA), Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (DL), Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (DCA), Jungle Cruise (DL), Grizzly River Run (DCA)
absolutely don't miss the 50th fireworks (usually a spot that has a straight on view of the castle and in the central plaza/hub area is best)
I'd advise not to leave the park immediately after the fireworks. That's when most of the guests in park make the mad dash to the exits and Main Street is jammed. If you do a quick ride for half an hour then exit, the traffic will clear up at Main Street by then.
For Fantasmic, go to the latter showing around 10:30pm, there's plenty of seating/viewing areas even up to showtime

cptnruthless
04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
The tours are discontinued so that reward card is not available.

actually, I did ask a cm about this. If you have a print out from the OLD hidden mickey quest, you can still redeem it. Problem is, very FEW people have the print out still!

use fastpasses, theyre the best thing ever!
if you really want to go on some rides, inno offers fastpasses to roger rabbit coaster, buzz lightyear, space mountain and a few others... you get this along with your quest pack for completing all four quests.

itsAPRIL
04-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Wowie, Thanks for the great information! This helps a lot!

Covergirl
04-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I was just at DLR and the VMK booth was outside .. Makes since to move it in with the rain due to them using a computer.. BUT if it is nice outside . The VMK booth is right out front big VMK sign cant miss it :)

timmyastro
04-07-2006, 04:55 AM
well i will be in innoventions with my yeti vmk shirt ;)

TinkMagic
04-07-2006, 05:18 AM
This falls under the "anything else" you might need to know about the park...

Something else to keep in mind. A friend told me about this one..:)
If you are in the park and need cash, do not use the ATM machine, your bank AND Disney will charge you. Instead go in Emporium and purchase up to $50.00 in "Disney Dollars" on your credit card, they are useable everywhere in the park like real cash.

technogirl
04-07-2006, 05:30 AM
I don't know exactly which number this is on LOL. If the cast member says all your answers on your quests are right, they will give you a tour pack. The tour pack gives (keep in mind this might change), Jungle Cruise Room, Lifestyle, posters, and I think a lot others. The tour pack is goven to replace the tour, but there's more! Now, or at least the last time I was there (about 3 weeks), they said I was eligible for fass passes. For the fass passes, you can have 1 fass pass for 2 rides of your choice. There are six rides you can choose from: Space Mountain, Autopia, Indiana Jones, and there are 3 more, I just forgot the rest. By the way, if you got all the quests right you and another person can get the passes too, even if they didn't do the quests. However, I highly suggest if you go with your parents or family members that they all do the quests too, so you can get more quest stuff. Good Luck! ;)

itsAPRIL
04-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys! This really helps! I can't wait!

timmyastro, your a staff person?

angela268
04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
There is a brand new quest! http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=QuestsLandingPage

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=DLR50thQuestPage

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=ThrillSeekersQuestPage

I hope this helps!:wave2: :happy:

itsAPRIL
04-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Thanks again, everyone!

timmyastro
04-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the info guys! This really helps! I can't wait!

timmyastro, your a staff person?

LOL no i just play there sometimes

itsAPRIL
04-09-2006, 05:26 AM
LOL, I was about to saaaay. You could hook me up with some cards ;) -raises eyebrows up and down- LOL JK! Well, I'll be there.. playing too. I'll yell out TIMMYASTRO! THIS IS FRONTIERAPRIL! & maybe you`ll turn up. lol

technogirl
04-09-2006, 05:39 AM
LOL, I was about to saaaay. You could hook me up with some cards ;) -raises eyebrows up and down- LOL JK! Well, I'll be there.. playing too. I'll yell out TIMMYASTRO! THIS IS FRONTIERAPRIL! & maybe you`ll turn up. lol
Quick question, when are you going? DLR or WDW?

itsAPRIL
04-09-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm going this monday, April 10th. I'm leaving sunday night, I'm 6 hours away from DLR!