View Full Version : Facts of Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

Disneyland
02-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Did you know..

http://i1.************/rr8e83.gif

http://i1.************/rr836u.gif

The Jungle Cruise 1. The Magdalena (Maggie) and the Mekong are the two boats currently off the water because with the new boats being so much bigger than the old, not all boats could fit. So two had to go, and management chose which ones it would be.

2. Disney cut one of the old boats in two and sunk it in the lagoon across from the second dock. This is just for looks and helps the old and new skippers remember the main parts of the orginal ride.

3. The Jungle Cruise was the original, the first Disney ride/attraction

4. The Disneyland boats run on a guide rail. The Disneyworld boats run in a concrete trough. It's better from a skipper's point of view to work at Disneyland. The boats derail there, (causing the ride to shut down) but the boats at Disneyworld rarely break down.

5. As you walk through the line just inside of the fort on the first story if you look to the left you will notice a set of plans for the jungle cruise boats on the wall to the left, look at who the plans were approved by in the lower right-hand corner and it says WED, Walt Disney's initials.

6. Just after you exit from behind the water fall and before you are about to make the last turn to head back to dock there is a rock that appears to look like a rino head in the water. It even has a hole cut into it where the eyeball would be. Very interesting. It's almost right across from the head hunter holding the heads in his hand.

7. It is now against SOP (standard operating procedure) to actually shoot at the hippos in the hippo pool. Since they are an endangered species.

8. At the native uprising when the headhunters attack, you'll hear them say "oookalaoalak! Ookalokaloka!" Then one shouts very distinctly "I love disco!"

http://i1.************/rr7cwh.gif

The Huanted Mansion - 1. In the attic scene (the bride with the broken heart) in the Haunted Mansion you can see the shadow of the invisible ghost playing piano.

2. On the Haunted House ride where all the ghosts are dancing in the ballroom, there is a spider web in front of you at one point. There is a huge pane of glass located about 5 feet in front of you. The spider web is originally formed by a crack in the glass because of a small boy who slipped a sling shot onto the ride past the ride operators. He aimed it at one of the ghosts thinking it would hit it. But to his surprise, the shot was stopped by the glass in front of him. The glass cracked when the shot hit resembling a spider web. Instead of replacing the glass, which was much too expensive and time consuming, Disney Imagineers fixed it up, and made it look like a spider web

3. There is a difference between the stretch rooms in the Haunted Mansions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. In Walt Disney World, the ceiling goes up and in Disneyland the floor goes down. It is an Otis elevator, and it goes down about 20 feet. The ceiling stays where it is, as do the upper part of the walls. This is because Disney had to build a warehouse to house the ride on the other side of the railroad tracks and needed a way to get people down to the loading area. The hall with the paintings is what takes you under the tracks. When the ride goes up the first hall it is actually going up on the other side of the tracks. At Walt Disney World, the foor remains at the same level and the ceiling rises to maintain the same illusion. The reason, of course, is that no level change is necessary, as the attraction is on the same level as the entrance

4. Although intresting, is untrue. Yes, it is just a rumor, but it has little foundation in the reality of the attraction. Granted, the dog next to the watchman and the dog next to the sarcophicus are very similar; so are the cats and owls in the same scene. They used the same molds. In addition, the mummy is sitting in a recently opened coffin; in back of him is an egyptian tomb, the mummy is too thin to be the watchman, and at one point the mummy says something in some other language (sounds vaugley arabic, but then again, the voice actor was probley just saying gibberish). There's too much evidence against this.

5. In the Graveyard scene going by the singing busts, as you're doom buggie rides past the last of the busts and begins to turn around, if you lean forward and look to you're right just as you pass the last bust you'll be able to catch a glimse of the mashine that projects the faces on the busts.

6. The Mell-o Men did do the singing in Pirates, as well as "painting the Roses Red" in Alice in Wonderland, and "Grim Grinning Ghosts" for the Haunted Mansion. They are even portrayed as the singing busts in the mansion!

The Pirates of the Carribean- 1. The name of the pirate ship is the "Wicked Wench."

2. Known for their inside jokes, the artists for this attraction modeled some of the pirate faces (particularly the mischievous ones) after themselves.

3. As you pass the Blue Bayou restaurant on the Pirates of the Carribbean, there is a second-story balcony that appears to be a facade. Actually, the balcony is part of Walt Disney's Club 33.

4. When you first take off in Pirates, while floating past the Blue Bayou, look up at the sky for 15 to 20 seconds, you will see a shooting star streak by.

5. The Captain of the ship (the part with the cannonballs) has a braided beard with red ribbons in it

6. The face of the woman in the picture is very similar to that of the woman in Haunted Mansion with the snakes coming out of her head.

7. The Pirates of the Caribbean is so big! Where does it all fit? Only the very beginning and the end of the attraction are actually in New Orleans Square. After the first big drops (which actually go under the DL Railroad tracks) the entire ride is in a large green sound stage backstage. This is one of four sound stages in a row (Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain). They are visible from Downtown Disney and between DL and DCA. They are the buildings decorated with images of palm trees.

8. The maidens may chase the pirates at Disney World, but at Disneyland they don't with the exception of the last chase, where a pirate is being chased by a maiden.

9. The fireflies in Pirates are actually small blinking lights on a small string or wire, blown in different directions by small fans.

10. The pirate captain leans against the well in the mayor-dunking scene. But in the original plans of the ride, the captain was supposed to have a hook. Walt ruled it out because it would cost more money to have a moving "animatronic" arm. To this day, the captain still leans and has a complete human hand.

11. The are pigs wallowing in the mud with the drunken pirate are oinking in time to the music.

http://i1.************/rr79y0.gif

Big Thunder Mountain- 1. Big Thunder Mountain, built in 1979, is covered with 9.5 acres of painted concrete.

2. When Big Thunder Mountain was being designed, one of the ideas was sort of like the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Guests would board their train car and soon would slowly go up a large hill, then the train would make a sound like the brakes giving away and the train would go plummeting down the hill backwards.

3. Big Thunder also has a footprint, complete with toenails, embedded in a rock. After the goat eating dynamite, the train goes into a hard right turn and the rock is on the left.

4. Before you go down for your first drop, notice the rattle snakes and goat on the right and left, people don't notice them since they are scared of going down for the first time!

5. After going up the second hill on Thunder Mountain, there is a spiral-like turn. At the same place there's a goat eating a dynamite stick. Watch the goat all the way through the turn and you'll be propelled towards the side of the car. It's very cool if you can get it to work.

http://i1.************/rr7caq.gif

Splash Mounatin- 1. The original Splash Mountain in Disneyland cost 3 times more to make than the one in Japan.

2. When they were about to open the ride to the public, and were testing it. The log was turned around and cast members testing it were sent down the big drop backwards to make sure everything was ok.

3. Before Splash Mountain was added as a ride in Critter Country, there used to be a cave in the rocks opposite from the Country Bear jamboree entrance. In this cave you could hear the sound a a very large grizzly sleeping and snoring loudly.

4. At one point, inside, there are bees that are humming "Zip-a-dee-do-da!" well, before that there is a drop. durring the drop you can hear "There's no one in here but beeeeeeees!" it's cute. it's a fun drop too!

5. Space Mountain and Splash Mountain are actually taller than the Matterhorn, but since the Matterhorn is a Disneyland landmark, the taller buildings were put partially underground so as not to dwarf it.

http://i1.************/rr8578.gif

Alice in Wonderland- 1. I made it a point to look out for the shoes left on top of the operators mushroom. I really looks funny. Don't try to see these from the ground though. Unless you are really tall or jump high, you can't see them.

2. Disneyland, California is the only park to have the Alice in Wonderland ride.

3. Near the end, before the ride pops out in the open the first time, instead of going through doors with cards on them, there were false cartoon-style doors painted on the actual doors which got progressively smaller, giving a shrinking-type effect, with the "Goofy" yell climaxing as you busted through the last tiny door. Please clarify this for me if anyone can.

Matterhorn- 1. When Disneyland first opened, the Matterhorn wasn't there. It was just a patch of orange trees.

2. Before Matterhorn opened, Walt took it for a spin. Since the ride was not yet completed workers piled some hay at the end to stop the ride. Walt liked the the feeling of way he collided with the hay so much he made the ride end to the same effect as the hay.

3. Near the begining where you see just the red eyes of a snow monster look up to see the metal framing of the Matterhorn.

4. There used to be a basketball court on the very top of the Matterhorn, I asked a Cast Member and he said that they took it down.

http://i1.************/rsv6a8.gif

Autopia-1. Chevron is now sponsering Autotopia

2. In 1955 when Disneyland Park first opened, Autopia was one of the original 20 attractions. When the Autopia cars first took to the road, they captured America's fascination with the latest transportation innovation, the "freeway." Adults and children alike could experience the thrill of driving in their own cars.

3. This is the only original Tomorrowland attraction left from 1955 when Tomorrowland first opened.

4. While inline for Autopia, (where the fastpass line keeps going straight and the regular line branchs off the the right), they play music from the former attraction The Peoplemover.

5. Matthew Howard, the voice of Dusty the SUV, is a 14 year old boy from southern California. He is the first child to be an announcer on any of Disney's rides around the world.

6. The bodies of the new Autopia cars were all created at Walt Disney World Central Shops

7. If you are driving you will see a lot of little cute things. A sign appears that says "Mouse Crossing." If you look at the curb directly after the sign to your right, there is a little mousehole.

8. I would like to remind you this ride is NOT bumper cars!! Becuse of the grill work design people bump thinking they were made for that. They are really just cars! Its sad to say that lots of people are hurt badly because people bump each other not caring that it says not to! A little girl got her nose broken and employees are hit and hurt because people think its OK not to listen to the rules! This is a daily thing that happens and I know that employees are sad and try hard not to be hurt and protect you. So please dive safely in the cars!

http://i1.************/rsv510.gif

More Coming real soon how do you know..? Because I said as of 12/29/06

coolgogogirl
02-13-2006, 03:07 AM
I have one about toontown. If you go backstage, behind the backdrop, you can't take off your shoes because that's where they set off some of the fireworks and they say your feet can get injured. My first thought was why would you take your shoes off in the first place?

-coolgogogirl

matterhornmaniac
02-26-2006, 12:05 PM
actually it was a gun, not a slingshot that created the whole in the ballroom glass. and it wasn't a kid. it was an intoxicated man

StitchMad
02-26-2006, 12:12 PM
WOW! Lots of facts :)
Thanks for sharing them with us :)
I see you keep updating it. WOOT!
~StitchMad

Jolber
02-26-2006, 12:20 PM
yup thank you, i dont know the parks good

KrazyDopey
02-26-2006, 02:33 PM
in fantasyland in disneyland
up in the matterhorn there is a basketball court up in the top of it, i made sure by asking an employee since my mother would not believe me, now she knows not to doubt my disney knowing :)

also, this is about the whole park, there are underground tunnels, Walt did this so that he would not see a rooting tootin cowboy in space age tomorrowland while walking to where they need to be such as a parade. just helping out :)

main street fact :) : in the 70s i forgot which year but i am pretty sure its the 70s please someone correct me if im wrong, they removed Esmeralda from the park (yet again i forgot where they took her from lol, i think the theater but im not sure) and the people complained so much they had to put her back, she resides in front of the penny arcade

as for this:
actually it was a gun, not a slingshot that created the whole in the ballroom glass. and it wasn't a kid. it was an intoxicated man maybe he did not know or maybe he was trying to keep it G rated for the little kids that may be surfing this site, lol no offense but if you had a little kid would you like them to be reading about intoxicated men shooting various things at Disneyland? lol just my 2cents

Btw great thread! :) interesting and nice to read good job :)
also i think you forgot crittercountry? or is that just with frontierland lol i forget things, because i know there is a critter country (winniethepooh is there:) )

mrskellington
02-26-2006, 03:09 PM
In Fantasyland, on the way to Big Thunder Ranch, there is a Churro stand and a Shopping Cart. Look up in the hils behind the cart and stand and you will see a station, IT USED TO BE THE SKYWAY STATION!

And in Critter Country, the one you forgot about to put in! On Winnie the Pooh, after the Heffalumps and Woozles Scene, there are three heads hanging on a wall behind you. These 3 heads used to be from The Country Bear Jamboree, and are considered 'Tributes' to the ride. You have to be in the first or second row to see them. When Pooh is in Honey Heaven, look behind you! and they're there!

In Adevntureland, when you're on the Jungle Cruise. When you are at the scene of the Natives chanting, listen carefully and you will hear one yell ' I LOVE DISCO!'

On the Jungle Cruise, when you are looking at Trader Sam, and that little green-eyed thing next to him, if his green eyes are blinking, then that means the tracks are swithching, and if the skipper goes right by them, then your boat is going to be de-railed!

On Indianna Jones, that little engine thing outside the queue powers all the lights to go on and off inside the temple queue.

In Indianna Jones In the queueing area with the spiked ceiling and holes in the floor, there is a single bamboo pole on the left side of the room holding up the ceiling. It is marked "Do not shake the pole" Shake it vigorously (and I do mean vigorously!) and all the people around you will be surprised by the loud sounds of the ceiling collapsing upon them and the ceiling dropping - about 1 - 1 1/2 inches! The pole is on a time delay so it will not work all the time

TikiRoom
02-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Great ones mrskelington! I do know about the IJ one though, we do it all the time, if it will move, or someone has not already done it right before us..., The pole one...

I don't really have anything...

But in Indy J., when you are about to see the video about putting seatbelts on and the story... there is a tomb thing... if you pull on the rope hard enough, and it takes a lot of stregth, you will hear someone say something.

KrazyDopey
02-26-2006, 03:25 PM
did you know people used to steal the apples from the Snow White Scary Adventures attraction? lol they did, if you got caught it would cost you $400 even though the apples costed $16, now they they screwed the apples down, they have a voice on it near the jewels saying keep hands inside cart at all times, dont want ppl stealing jewels LOL

mrskellington
02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh Yea! I forgot one! When you are in the movie room of Indianna Jones, get a cast-members attention, and ask them to Show you the parking lot sign, and the hidden mickey! You won't believe your eyes how huge that mickey is!

skip
02-26-2006, 04:07 PM
About the apples thing... I believe they now use a holographic apple. It hasn't been stolen yet!

That was a popular thing to steal on Grad Nights... people go crazy then.

-skippyskippy

AbbyW
02-26-2006, 04:21 PM
all the facts are gr8!
thx lol!

i can't really go to disneyland that much,
because i live in ireland!
so thx a lot for the facts!

kidkid9393
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
i will have to save these for 3 years when i go to drl

KrazyDopey
02-26-2006, 04:45 PM
About the apples thing... I believe they now use a holographic apple. It hasn't been stolen yet!

That was a popular thing to steal on Grad Nights... people go crazy then.

-skippyskippy

i got this fact from a site, im not sure about the holographic, because i read that they screwed it down, hmm i will have to look into that

SMALL WORLD FACT: There is only 1 lone doll that represents the Phillipines in "It's A Small World", i think it resides in between the hawaiian set and the mermaids, she is in a pale dress and has a fan, im not sure if they still have it there in that exact spot

LordIllidan
02-26-2006, 06:28 PM
More Indiana Jones facts:

During the first... month, I believe, of Indy, the cast members would hand out cards before entering the temple so that you may decode the writing on the wall. However, upon close inspection, every symbol on the card greatly resembles the corresponding letter of the alphabet, with the exception of the letter I, which is actually shaped like an eye. In layman's terms, you do not need the card to read the writing.

After walking through the hole in the wall in the queue, (the room before the spike room scene), you enter a cave with a sign that says "Beware of bats!" approximately halfway through this room, there should be a hole in the wall to your left, illuminated by a purple light. Look inside this hole, and you'll see a trio of bats sleeping.

The track on the Indiana Jones ride is perfectly flat, and the vehicle shakes around on it's own to create the illusion of a bumpy road.

(Unsure if this is still in effect, but...) Before riding out of the queue, you hear... Solon, I believe his name was? over the radio, telling you to buckle your seatbelts, and that the brakes need a bit of work. Also, if you are sitting in the front row, he also asks you to check if the steering wheel is stuck or not. (Of course, it is stuck, but Solon is oblivious to that :))

After riding through the arch out of the queue, you'll drive past a makeshift wall of mirrors pointing to one of the three doors. The mirror actually moves around to show exactly which door you'll drive through.
-Corollary: All three doors go to the same room, but different lighting effects ensure to create the illusion that there is more than one room. If you go through the door that supposedly leads to the fountain of youth or the observatory of the future, stare carefully at the wall. You will see the wall mural for the Infinite wealth room behind it. This is used in an illusion similar to the stretching room celing on Haunted Mansion.

Yep yep, and I found that all out on careful observaton :)

TikiRoom
02-26-2006, 06:46 PM
More on Indy! LOL so much...

When the boulder is about to come, and you talk to Indy and he tells you to back up... you don't acually move back... look back and you will see that you don't move at all.

As LordI said... when you are about to go into the ride... there is only one dorr you go through, the track, or doors, just move, and there are just different lights.

Thecoolanator
02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I searched this:

In NOS there is a door with a 33 on it. It is called club 33 and is the only alcohol serving place in Disneyland.

cptnruthless
02-26-2006, 10:04 PM
And in Critter Country, the one you forgot about to put in! On Winnie the Pooh, after the Heffalumps and Woozles Scene, there are three heads hanging on a wall behind you. These 3 heads used to be from The Country Bear Jamboree, and are considered 'Tributes' to the ride. You have to be in the first or second row to see them. When Pooh is in Honey Heaven, look behind you! and they're there!

this is actually true for any of the rides that have been refurb'd.

in disneyland, the seat belts go from right to left, in dca, they go from left to right!

imagineers hide names of family members on the rides. my friend heather's dad worked on snow white, and her name is imbedded in the jewels!

the castle seems really big, but in reality, its not. if you notice, the stones near the bottom are big, and they get gradually smaller. it's an illusion that makes the castle seem so big!

if you stand in front of city hall, you might hear shotguns. dont be worried, though - its the jungle cruise, which is actually behind city hall!

on main street, near the flagpole, there is a cannon. its an actual replica that walt purchased from the french army!

also on main street, the lamps are all original. walt paid $5 per pound of lamp.

i cant remember anymore right now... but i know i have lots more!

TikiRoom
02-26-2006, 10:08 PM
I searched this:

In NOS there is a door with a 33 on it. It is called club 33 and is the only alcohol serving place in Disneyland.
Not true... they also have it in DCA, which isn't in DL, but hey, but they serve it in like a grpae thing or something

cptnruthless
02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
he said the only place in DISNEYLAND, not in the resort property. DCA does sell alcohol, but not disneyland.

Softball_atTheDisco
02-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I searched this:

What is NOS?

cptnruthless
02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
NOS is new orleans square... or n'awlins. :D

Softball_atTheDisco
02-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Ok thanks =)

matterhornmaniac
02-26-2006, 11:25 PM
also, this is about the whole park, there are underground tunnels, Walt did this so that he would not see a rooting tootin cowboy in space age tomorrowland while walking to where they need to be such as a parade. just helping out :)

the tunnels don't run the whole length of the park. there are only tunnels under tomorrowland that run from where ariels's shell is to just beyond innoventionsand from tomorrowland terrace to space mountain. there are also tunnels under new orleans square.

as for this:
maybe he did not know or maybe he was trying to keep it G rated for the little kids that may be surfing this site, lol no offense but if you had a little kid would you like them to be reading about intoxicated men shooting various things at Disneyland? lol just my 2cents

just giving the facts ma'am

and the three heads in pooh aren't the actual heads from the jamboree. they are from the mile long bar (or brer bar depending on what era you lived in)

KrazyDopey
02-27-2006, 12:06 AM
just to let you know im a boy, ma'am is a girl as far as i know lol and also, thank you for correcting me LOL that is just what i heard somewhere i forgot my source

matterhornmaniac
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
it is from Dragnet, and old tv show

KrazyDopey
02-27-2006, 12:55 AM
okay... lol, well i didnt know that, and i know you dont mean to be offensive, :)

back to disneylandfacts: Did you know that small world, long ago(im not sure if in disneyland park or in the New York's World Fair) it was blue and white, after that, pink purple blue green, bright colors (probably since Mattel Sponsered it) , now it is gold and white

matterhornmaniac
02-27-2006, 01:07 AM
the matterhorn is 147 ft tall. exactly 1/100th the size of the real mountain. it also faces the same way as the real mountain.

before the remodel in 1978, the bobsleds used to be single cars, and guest could see the crossbeams within the mountain. the abominable snowman (harold, as he's affectionately called) was also added in 1978

there actually isn't a full basketball court within the mountain. it is merely just a hoop and backboard on a wall.

in the ice crystal cavern, there is a box labeled wells expedition. it was placed there after Frank Wells, former TWDC president and COO and avid mountain climber, passed away in a helicopter accident in 1994

LordIllidan
02-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Ok, one more fact on indy and I'll switch to something else, I promise :)

During the grand finale when you duck under the boulder, look up. You should be able to see the boulder stop dead in it's tracks right before it hits our beloved adventurer.

Other random facts about other random places:

In the haunted mansion, watch the doors in the hallway with the evil eye wallpaper. One of them has a "Exit" sign hanging over it clear as day LOL.

Yet another clearly visible exit sign can be seen on Pirates, when you pass through the ruined building (before the dynamite scene)

There is a 10-15 foot deep hole between the doom buggies and Madame Leota on HM. At the bottom is a storage space for random props.

On Star Tours, watch very carefully when you exit the matinence bay (the one that Rex accidentally went to instead of the launch pad... Somebody needs to update his OS), you should be able to see the Mighty Microscope (from Adventures thru inner space) in the background.

On most ships on star tours, you should see a little strip labeled "Remove before Flight" hanging out of Rex's torso. (No wonder he can't fly...)

On the cannoe tours, look to your right once the Steamboat's dock comes in sight. you should see a boat floting there, unused. This is the remains of a ride called "Mike Fink's Keel Boats," another Tom Sawyer ride that used to sail the rivers of america, until one flipped over.

camara
02-27-2006, 03:25 AM
actually it was a gun, not a slingshot that created the whole in the ballroom glass. and it wasn't a kid. it was an intoxicated man

can u give proof to this, like a link to a site?

Middiebear
02-27-2006, 05:15 AM
This is about the whole park, there are underground tunnels, Walt did this so that he would not see a rooting tootin cowboy in space age tomorrowland while walking to where they need to be such as a parade. just helping out :)

Yes the park you're thinking of is the Magic Kingdom park in the Walt Disney World resort in Florida...

The park is famous for having all the "Behind the Scenes" stuff done under the park in the different tunnels, while the actual park is on the "2nd floor"...

matterhornmaniac
02-27-2006, 06:16 AM
can u give proof to this, like a link to a site?

well its kinda common knowledge within the disneyland fan community, but i will try to find you proof. though it may be hard because there is no official statement by disney, and i don't know who you would believe more than me (me as in the average joe disneyfanontheinternetlikeeveryoneelse) :CastMem:

EDIT: here are some links. google is a fabulous invention

At Disneyland, sharp-eyed guests will notice a dimly lit rubber spider apparently floating in midair. This is actually a bullet hole caused by a guest who snuck an air-powered rifle onto the attraction and took a shot at the ballroom! The shattered glass was painted to look like a spiders’ web, and a dime-store rubber spider affixed to the glass. A sheet of plexi glass now also separates the guests from the glass...

http://www.grimghosts.com/secrets/MajorFX.html

As you're going through it look and you'll notice what's supposed to look like a spider web on one of the sheets of glass. (It's on one of the last ones you see) The story I heard behind this (from a HM Cast Member and a good friend of mine) is that one night somebody actually shot through the glass, leaving a bullet hole.
This was confirmed by Mark Keiser (Retlaw 72-76 Security 77-81) Summer 1974 "The guy that shot there presumably also shot the hole in the last or second to last window of the Primeval World diorama. Later investigation determined the hole to be .22 caliber (in both places), and bullet fragments matched (courtesy of Anaheim PD) the holes in Adventures in Inner Space (he shot up the snow flakes)."
There is another bullet sized hole beneath the duelist on the right, so perhaps a deranged guest was shooting at "the man with the gun".
They knew that to replace the glass they'd have to take the roof off the building first, so they decided to simply disguise it as a spider web. BTW, there is a spare pane in the back lot.

http://www.disneylandian.com/faqs/hauntedmansion.html

and then there's doombuggies.com the unnoficial, but definitive haunted mansion site. i'm sure they have info there

Appleson
02-27-2006, 06:41 AM
i too have some radom fun facts to add that i've actually discovered on my own or learned from a friend:

-in disneyland's main street, you will notice a fire department with a window on the 2nd floor. that actually used to be walt's temporary apartment and whenever the lamp was on, he was there. ever since he passed away, disney keeps the light on in his memory

-in cinderella castle (i forgot if it was dl or mk), there is actually a room inside around the top. it was originally planned to be walt's apartment to actually live in. however, since his passing it turned into a telephone operating room (not sure what it's used for now)

-did you know that small world was actually walt's dedication to the organization People to People Student Ambassadors? it's an organization that allows kids and teens to explore different cultures. i found this out from a meeting i went to.

-did you know the buildings along main street aren't actual size? only the first floors are. from there the upper floors are scaled down to a smaller size. otherwise, those buildings would be very very tall!

-did you know that at earlier parts of the day, you can catch goofy and someone else (couldn't get a clear view) climbing up the Matterhorn as if they were rock climbing? now i wish i had a pic of it because it was so awesome!

-here's something a little funny to me that i remember. in tarzan's treehouse in dl, i remember seeing mrs. pots and chip near the area where you bang on pots and pans.

-here's a little tip from me. unfortunately, you'll need an injured friend. anyway, i remember one time when i was planning a trip to dl with friends, one of them got in an accident. she was riding her scooter downhill and she fell off, skidding on her knee. she didn't break any bones or get any sprains, but it was still difficult for her to walk. this happened the day before our trip, but she still wanted to go. so when we arrived, we rented her a wheelchair. i swear it was like having a free fast pass! we were able to cut in line for so many rides, including those that don't offer fast passes. just remember that you have a guest limit of up to 6 people (or somewhere around that amount). plus, we got most of our money back when we returned the wheelchair at the rent stall. that was a great day :)

matterhornmaniac
02-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Your second fact pertains to Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom

You can see Goofy and Mickey climb the Matterhorn, with Minnie cheering them on from halfway up thew peak

The Disney Gallery above the entrance to Pirates was intended to be Walt's new apartment (replacing the fire station), but he passed away before he was able to use it

Also in the base camp of Tarzan's Treehouse is a phonograph that plays the theme song for the previous treehouse: The Swiss Family Treehouse

At one point, there was a two person Pluto costume

The Observatron in Tomorrowland is simply a rebuild of the former Tomorrowland "Rocket Jets" attraction.

The huge organ in the Haunted Mansion's ballroom is from the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

That in Disneyland's Fantasmic! (and presumably WDW too), Maleficent is almost always a man?

That during the day, the props (like Kaa's body and the flower petals) and some costumes are stored in a tunnel in the middle of Tom Sawyer Island?

That, at the end of Fantasmic, Sorcerer Mickey suddenly appears on the "roof" of the Cider Mill but is really just raised quickly by a tiny scissor lift?

That inside the Cider Mill, the walls are lined with random stuff that has been found either in the Rivers of America or on the island itself?

That some of that found stuff includes a giant boombox, other electronics, and the head from the long-gone Ursula barge (but that one could be a rumor)?

That nice vanilla like smell on Main street by the bakery: It's not from the baking. It's an air freshener that sprays periodically. Its peppermint during christmas.

There used toi be live alligators at the entrance of the jungle cruise, but were quickly removed. They were rented from a gator farm in Buena Park (a city near Anaheim)

Disneyland is a 'Safe Haven' can can hosue 82,000 people in case of natural Disaster or Nuclear war!

Feral cats live in disneyland. they are mostly in critter country near the hungry bear, inside the castle, and in condor flats at DCA

There used to be a walk through display showing sleeping beauty inside the castle

In the Market House on Main Street you can really play a game of checkers! You should really stop by for a game if you have time. There is also a board set up by the Cider Mill on Tom Sawyer's Island (not sure about last one since IO haven't been to the island in a couple years)

In POTC when you are in the grotto of lost souls scene look for a portait hanging in the bar. the woman in this is the famed red head women you meet in the wench action

there is a small bridge in big thunder trails, its hardly noticable unless you know its there anyways if you look into the water from that bridge you will see a fish swim by, he swims over and over the same route he is on a rod thats on a track, this is the last remaining AA of "natures wonderland"

If the Sub LAgoon were to be drained, the Matterhorn would sink, due to a giant hole in the Lagoon. (HAHA! Just kidding. That's one of the funniest rumors I've ever heard though!)

DsnyManiac
02-28-2006, 07:01 AM
i noticed that if you ride haunted mansion during the Nightmare before Christmas, at the gingerbread house scene, you can still see the ballroom ghosts going through the gingerbread house!

In POTC at the Captain's Quarter Scene, there are two bones above the headrest, and those are the only real bones in the POTC!

If you look closely at the poster right before you get to The Mark Twain Boat ( im talking about the poster with the mark twain boat on it ) you can spot a REAL hidden mickey ( mickey mouse, not a head ) near the lower deck.

And, yes, sometimes there are characters climbing the Matterhorn.

If any of you didnt know.. when you ride the Buzz Lightyear ride, you are actually playing against an online player!

(lol something i noticed ) at the end of Space Mountain (when they take your picture) it seems like your going backwards on the ride!

( something funny ) when i was in line for California Screaming, there was a delay.. and the guy who told us, made us play ' If your happy and you know it ' so everybody was clapping their hands and stomping their feet!

I have more that are on the tip of my tounge and ill post them later!

DsnyManiac,
:CastMem:

Appleson
03-01-2006, 04:33 AM
This wont help you anymore.

I work at DLR now, and I worked at WDW for 14 years.

They have changed the policy because people have abused it.
You need medical proof or a Special card to go to the front of the line,. or to go to a shorter or different entrance.

Lisa
oops! i hope what we did wasn't abusing the policy or anything! but still, i was telling the truth that my friend had a hard time walking. anyway, i think that it was a right decision to put and end to that. thx for responding :) plus, here's another fun fact:

i'm pretty sure this in wdw. anyway, there's a statue of cinderella somewhere near the castle. if you stand in front of her and bow down, a crown will appear on top of her head. that's because it's actually painted on the castle wall or something and it just looks like the crown is on top of her head. it's a pretty neat trick that anyone should try

cptnruthless
03-01-2006, 05:35 AM
This wont help you anymore.

I work at DLR now, and I worked at WDW for 14 years.

They have changed the policy because people have abused it.
You need medical proof or a Special card to go to the front of the line,. or to go to a shorter or different entrance.

Lisa

I'm really not one for arguing, but I work Main Gate A LOT.
Unfortunately, you dont have to have proof of an injury - too many people tried to sue Disney because of discrimination. Now the policy is if you have money, you get a wheelchair.
As far as getting the front of the line, if you do have proof, you MAY get a front of the line pass. Most likely, you'll have to wait in the wheelchair line, which is short, but its not automatic on like it used to be.

mrskellington
03-02-2006, 09:27 PM
In Buzz, when you're in a tunnel on the ride, and there are red lights, shoot at the targets on the roof and I think you tget sme extra points.

The robot in the queue for Star Tours in the " U Turn" area is a hold host of America Sings, look at his feet, they are webbed!!!!! The host was a eagle of some sort I think.

KEBSD
03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
mrskellington, may I correct you. It's some bird, yes, from america sings. They were also transferred to Splash Mountain. BUT, I think the long necked webbed feet robot is only at Disneyworld. Correct me if I'm wrong. (P.S. I have a WDW book and I saw it!)

KEBSD

TikiRoom
03-02-2006, 10:51 PM
great fatcs, andsome rumors, everyone!

I have seen character climbing the matterhorn a few times... it was pretty cool.

mrskellington
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
In The Haunted Mansion, when you are in the attic, lean out of your doombuggy, and look behind you as you are about to leave the attic. Here is a pic:http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/gallery/files/4399-7525.jpg

Appleson
03-05-2006, 02:04 AM
here's another. somewhere near the thunder mountain railroad attraction, there's a cactus shaped like mickey. here's a pic:
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Images/Disneyland/CactusDL.jpg

PirateMario
03-05-2006, 02:25 AM
There is a real bird in the second story of jungle crusie.

a longtime ago there used to be a band that preformed on top of the jungle cruise house. I think they are gone.

At POTC close to the end, where the Pirates are trying to Pull the treasure chest up, that picture there is no other than Black beard.

At Big thunder ranch there is a cow with a Mickey head on it.

TikiRoom
03-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Most people die on Grads. Night.

Next to "King Authurs Carousel", there is "The Sword in the Stone". Merlin picks parents to pull out the sword, the parents can't do it, so he picks a kid, usally very young, around 5, 6, or 7. "Magicly", the child can pull it out. This is all controled by a button around there, if you look around, you might be able to see a Cast Member pressing it.

Appleson
03-05-2006, 03:03 AM
Most people die on Grads. Night.
i actually remember reading some stuff on that on the internet. just wanted to say that dl wasn't responsible for these accidents. it was from the neglegence of the visitors and their inability to listen to park rules. just a heads up for anyone who read that

i also remember it being posted somewhere here about a basketball court in the matterhorn. i'd like to add that the reason it's there is that at the time it was built, anaheim prohibited the building of structures at a certain height. so, disney built a basketball court to have the matterhorn pass as a sports arena and therefore avoid the height restrictions. if you ask me, that was a pretty darn smart move, lol

TikiRoom
03-05-2006, 03:08 AM
Yes, it is the Grads. fault... I know that.

matterhornmaniac
03-05-2006, 06:02 AM
i also remember it being posted somewhere here about a basketball court in the matterhorn. i'd like to add that the reason it's there is that at the time it was built, anaheim prohibited the building of structures at a certain height. so, disney built a basketball court to have the matterhorn pass as a sports arena and therefore avoid the height restrictions. if you ask me, that was a pretty darn smart move, lol

It would be a smart move if it were true, but I doubt that the addition of a slightly-less-than-halfcourt to a small room, inaccessible to the public, at the top of a structure that is clearly a roller coaster, would convince the building commission to recategorize the mountain.

As I understand it, there was a Cast Member who liked to shoot hoops on his breaks, so he got permission to install a hoop and backboard in the break room. It became so popular that they painted a few court markings and made it permanent.

this is a picture of the "basketball court" in the matterhorn

mrskellington
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
^ lol the guy's glasses look freaky!!!!!!!!!

And anyways, in Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, there are 7 HIDDEN MICKEYS!! One of them is in the VERY VERY beginning of the ride where you load, one of them is on Sully's fur, one of them is on Randall's print when boo is hitting him. and the rest are unknown to me...:(

TikiRoom
03-05-2006, 05:31 PM
The Bulid-a-Bear in Downtown Disney, is the only Bulid-a-Bear that has Disney coustumes.

Nintendo_DualScreen
03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
The Bulid-a-Bear in Main Street, is the only Bulid-a-Bear that has Disney coustumes.

You mean Downtown Disney's Build-A-Bear, Main Street has no Build-A-Bear
workshop.

150th Post!

mrskellington
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
When you are going up the earthquake hill scene in Big Thunder Mountain, the crystals are a tribute to the previous attraction Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. It had crystals, animatronics of fish, and other animals, in the ride.

Nintendo_DualScreen
03-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Well here are the names of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Trains:
U.R. Courageous
I.M. Brave
I.M. Bold
U.R. Fearless
I.B. Hearty
U.R. Daring

TikiRoom
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, I meant Downtown Disney. I had another, but I can't remember it... darn.

EDIT: And I also think that Disneyland Paris is the only Disney park that has a loop in their space mountain, correct me if I'm wrong.

mrskellington
03-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes it's the only one that has a loop in it. And in Big Thunder Mountain when you see the goat with dynamite, just look at the goaty when you go in the circle for the WHOLE ENTIRE time and you will feel a g-force.....

In Big Thunder Mountain, when the goat scene, look to your left instead of looking at the goat, you'll see some gymnastic skunks!!http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/gallery/files/4399-7228.jpg

matterhornmaniac
03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
actually the tribute to the previous attraction in big thunder is the rainbow caverns (the first lift hill). the colored pools, stalactites and stalagmites, were also featured in that acctraction. also the little houses that you pass on your way back to the station are the same ones from the previous attraction when they were referred to as rainbow ridge. there are no crystals in big thunder. those are in the matterhorn :)

Nintendo_DualScreen
03-05-2006, 11:31 PM
actually the tribute to the previous attraction in big thunder is the rainbow caverns (the first lift hill). the colored pools, stalactites and stalagmites, were also featured in that acctraction. also the little houses that you pass on your way back to the station are the same ones from the previous attraction when they were referred to as rainbow ridge. there are no crystals in big thunder. those are in the matterhorn :)

Star Tours also makes a tribute to it's previous attraction, Journey Thru Inner
Space. In the part on the ride where Captain Rex makes a wrong turn and
you go down in that giant room, while in there, your Starspeeder (The veliche)
almosts gets hit by a large razor looking object, after that part, you can see
the Mighty Microscope from Journey Thru Inner Space. Here is a video (http://themightymicroscope.com/movies/startours.mov) where
you can see it at.

mrskellington
03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
My bad, I thought there were some crystals and colorful waterfalls in the scene of the earthquake.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/vmk_maniac/startour.jpgI believe this is a picture of what you are talking about, I found it on the internet, I know what you are talking about though.

Appleson
03-07-2006, 04:04 AM
here's another fact to enjoy. in the haunted mansion ride's attic scene, you will hear a very sad version of the wedding march song. if you listen carefully, the heads that pop out say "i do"

mrskellington
03-07-2006, 06:16 AM
In Space Moutain, before the launch sequence where blue lights go streaming past you or something like that, look up and you will see a mirror! Is your face pretty enough for the picture?? :)

TikiRoom
03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
LOL, good one mrskellington.

In Space Mt. when you are "balsting off", going up "into space", and you look back after a while while going up, you will see the lights in the blue place... go on and the stars and reds streaks going around you will go away.

Appleson
03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL, good one mrskellington.

In Space Mt. when you are "balsting off", going up "into space", and you look back after a while while going up, you will see the lights in the blue place... go on and the stars and reds streaks going around you will go away.
i actually noticed that the last time i went on it. it was pretty neat to find something i never noticed before. anyway, here's another disney fact. in disneyland, there's an attraction called Tarzan's Treehouse. in one part you will see the jaguar. if you wait a little bit, you can hear it roar and feel a breath of air come out of its mouth. i unfortunately discovered this the hard way. all i did was have my back turned to it while talking to a friend when all of a sudden... ROAR! let's just say that made the top moment of everyone's trip.

TikiRoom
03-11-2006, 09:52 PM
LOL, Appleson...

Hmmm lets see

The CM that get to wear coustumes are mean to the one's who don't get to.

camara
03-12-2006, 04:19 AM
You mean Downtown Disney's Build-A-Bear, Main Street has no Build-A-Bear
workshop.

150th Post!

it just means it is disney themed, just like the make a mr. potato head stations

NaviMap
03-12-2006, 07:09 AM
In Big Thunder Mountain, when the goat scene, look to your left instead of looking at the goat, you'll see some gymnastic skunks!!I didn't notice that all this time until I saw it from the back route to Fantasyland and looks like that skunk is doing its defensive routine.

matterhornmaniac
03-12-2006, 08:48 AM
LOL, Appleson...

Hmmm lets see

The CM that get to wear coustumes are mean to the one's who don't get to.

huh? that's not true. the cm's that wear suits out-rank those that wear costumes. they are usually managers or office workers that work in a big yellow building behind disneyland. if you're talking about something completely different, then i'm not sure what you mean. other than the "suits," every cm is issued a costume

Zebraa
03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Are you allowed to shoot hoops up in the Matterhorn? I searched "matterhorn basketball" on google and clicked a website. It said:

- Take a shot from half court in the Matterhorn basketball court for your chance to win a new Honda motorcycle

dogsdogs
03-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Last time i went to indian jones i got stuck for at lest 20 minutes. I got stuck at the very end where you see indi in front of the boulder after it fell. Well while we waited they truned on all the lights and people in suits and people who work there started walking behind the boulder. Its probally a room with cameras or a orperting room.

FantasyMickey
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow that's alot of facts. Thanks for sharing them :)

dogsdogs
03-12-2006, 11:35 PM
oh yeah and go to the disneyland web site check space moutian. there is a add that gos to like a whole lot of really intresting facts and pictures.

dogsdogs
03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
and can someone list all the retired rides and where they where and what replaced them?

matterhornmaniac
03-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Are you allowed to shoot hoops up in the Matterhorn? I searched "matterhorn basketball" on google and clicked a website. It said:

- Take a shot from half court in the Matterhorn basketball court for your chance to win a new Honda motorcycle

what site was this? i haven't heard of this, and i'm pretty up to date on the current events of Disneyland. Anyway, that picture that i posted in post #48 is actually the hoop inside the matterhorn. it is not a joke picture. i believe i found it on snopes.com but don't remember.

dogsdogs, i will try to find you that sort of list, and if i can't i will just list them myself. it is a long list lol

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 12:49 AM
honey i shrunk the audience used to be a michael Jackson 3D show and before that it was the flying sauser ride

Originally they were going to make splash mountain was going to have the characters of whinnie the pooh

Innoventions used to be the caresell in progress

Ponochio Daring Journey used to be the Fantasy land theater

originally the 20,000 leauges under the sea had real people play as mermaids on the ride

For Snow White’s Scarry adventure the cast members used to turn off all the lights and race thoughout the ride in the dark and see who would win
i can't wait till the new pirates opens! with the new stuff mixed with the old stuff

Hm if you look closely at the bottom corner of the panting (in the hall) there is a hidden mickey also the Disneyland Sleeping beauty castle is built backwards so the front is really the back and the back is the front
Originally Disneyland was supposed to have a dungeon under the sleeping beauty castle but It collapsed (location where under peter pan)

Adventure though inner space is star tours

Tower of terror at DLR has many hidden mickeys one on the book in the library and one where the movie with thelittle girl is holding the toy and on the carpet of the hallway on the ride
Big thunder was last to use the Use the E-Ticket
Pemere pirates 2 may be at disneyland
Aladdin's oasis used to be a hula eating place
Sleeping beauty castle drawbridge was anchored down twice

:-)
i Have more to come!

teatrain
03-13-2006, 01:13 AM
wow, lots of people know a lot

LordIllidan
03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
originally the 20,000 leauges under the sea had real people play as mermaids on the ride
speaking of which, a few not-to-bright guests occasionally try to swim out to them... while the subs are moving... *sigh*

TikiRoom
03-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Trangerine, please do not triple post, quaddrupile (sp?) post. It clutters the fourm, please edit your post.

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 01:43 AM
sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy

BanannaSplitzer
03-13-2006, 01:43 AM
In POTC , the pirate trying to get to a get-away boat that is cairring alot of stuff, put his sound to a drunken Pirate on a brigde that looks like he's about to fall right on to you.

dogsdogs
03-13-2006, 01:54 AM
honey i shrunk the audience used to be a michael Jackson 3D show and before that it was the flying sauser ride
eww michel jakson:ermm8:

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 01:57 AM
lol its ture its like a three D concert

MetalRulse
03-13-2006, 02:14 AM
on indiana jones there is another hidden mickey its in the room where the innitals are, it says M.M for mickey mouse

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 02:30 AM
How cool! lol

KEBSD
03-13-2006, 02:47 AM
No, it was called "Captain Eoe" (sp?)

It was a 3D action show.

~Key

aquaboy191
03-13-2006, 02:57 AM
Cool stuff

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 03:01 AM
I wonder if they are going to build a ride q where million are is at DLR cause they sut it cdown for a while now

Appleson
03-13-2006, 03:02 AM
here's another fact. on the jungle cruise ride in disneyland, you may remember a part where the boat operater shoots a gun twice. however, sometimes they shoot it more than twice if they need to signal and emergency. if there's 2 shots, then it's all clear. 3 equals mechanical difficulty (immobile), 4 a medical or security emergency, and 6 if it's derailed.

TikiRoom
03-13-2006, 03:07 AM
Those are great facts! I don't have anymore...

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 03:15 AM
On Ponochio’s darring jeourney durring the part where ponochio begins to turn into a donkey they redid the soundtracjkk to take out the bad word

matterhornmaniac
03-13-2006, 03:30 AM

Originally they were going to make splash mountain was going to have the characters of whinnie the pooh

Innoventions used to be the caresell in progress

Originally Disneyland was supposed to have a dungeon under the sleeping beauty castle but It collapsed (location where under peter pan)

Pemere pirates 2 may be at disneyland

Aladdin's oasis used to be a hula eating place

Before Captain EO (the Michael Jackson 3D movie), there was another 3D show called Magic Journeys (it was also at EPCOT Center) and before that it was an open-air theater that featured stage shows and concerts much like what the Fantasyland Theater is today

Splash Mountain was never going to feature the Pooh characters. It was always intended to be an attraction that would be used to recycle the animatronics from America Sings

Before Innoventions and after The Carousel of Progress, the carousel theater featured a show called America Sings

At Disneyland the "20,000 leauges under the sea ride" was referred to as the Submarine Voyage

Disneyland was never going to have a dungeon

The Pirates 2 premiere will indeed be at Disneyland

The "hula eating place" was called the Tahitan Terrace

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 04:25 AM
apparently i do my research at the library and sometimes online
I would like to include that the indiana jones walls shift not the track

teatrain
03-13-2006, 04:35 AM
great facts people

Appleson
03-13-2006, 04:35 AM
here's another fact if you would like to pass a happy greeting to the wonderful cast members. while in line for Splash Mountain, you will see a birdhouse before you enter the barn. inside the birdhouse is a security camera, so be sure to wave hi :)

off topic: plz try not to triple post Trangerine. just a heads up for future reference. thx again :)

mrskellington
03-13-2006, 05:00 AM
this is a site that holds alot of info. about attractions that used to be in disneyland and now aren't, it's www.yesterland.com and it even says what ride replaced it!

and another web site I like to use is www.hiddenmickeys.org obviously look at the link and you'll see what it's about. :)

Appleson
03-13-2006, 05:08 AM
this is a site that holds alot of info. about attractions that used to be in disneyland and now aren't, it's www.yesterland.com and it even says what ride replaced it!

and another web site I like to use is www.hiddenmickeys.org obviously look at the link and you'll see what it's about. :)
thx for the links! i'm still a bit hesitant to use the hidden mickey one because i like to do it at the disney parks and finding it on my own. anyway, the yesterland one was very useful and interesting :)

mrskellington
03-13-2006, 05:19 AM
your welcome, it took along time to find the sites but it was all useful once I found them.

matterhornmaniac
03-13-2006, 05:25 AM
hiddenmickeys is too convoluted. i would stay away from it lest you want to be bombarded with false information.

yesterland, however, is an excellent site. very highly recommended

Trangerine
03-13-2006, 05:34 AM
That is where i found info about the Michel jackson 3D show

mrskellington
03-13-2006, 06:08 AM
hideenmickeys is kinda out-dated but most of there stuff is still there :)

PirateMario
03-13-2006, 06:42 AM
I have a feelingI now know why they took it out, >.< Anyways in WDW There used to be a gosple singing like bird in Splash Mountain. I dont know if they put it back or not.

cptnruthless
03-13-2006, 06:47 AM
When disneyland first opened, the Mayor of Anaheim let Walt Disney chose his own address... do any of you know the actual address of Disneyland?

It's 1313 Harbor Blvd... because M is the 13th letter of the alphabet; MM would be 1313. :D

PirateMario
03-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Cool and MM stand for *drum roll* Mickey Mouse!
there is a goofy silloette (sp) in POTC. it where there's a fire and cats and the cats shadow make goofy!

mrskellington
03-13-2006, 06:50 AM
^ That's crazy!!!

And on Tarzan's Treehouse, there is a Mrs. Potts and Chip I think that's been said already but might as well post it

Trangerine
03-14-2006, 02:08 AM
the third disneyland resort theme park may be done by 2010

mrskellington
03-14-2006, 05:03 AM
^ where's the resource for this?

manunderwater
03-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanks, now I know more about Disneyland. =)

-manunderwater

Middiebear
03-14-2006, 06:03 AM
the third disneyland resort theme park may be done by 2010

This is a thread about the FACTS of Disneyland...

If you want to spread RUMORS or GOSSIP; start a thread in the "Disney Gossip" forum...

**There are NO new Disney theme parks planned for the United States in the near future...

FantasyKeith
03-14-2006, 06:18 AM
This is a thread about the FACTS of Disneyland...

If you want to spread RUMORS or GOSSIP; start a thread in the "Disney Gossip" forum...

**There are NO new Disney theme parks planned for the United States in the near future...

I have to agree Middiebear.. and besides.. there is no room at DLR for another park of any size

NaviMap
03-14-2006, 06:22 AM
the third disneyland resort theme park may be done by 2010This is a thread about the FACTS of Disneyland...
**There are NO new Disney theme parks planned for the United States in the near future...This actually was planned by Disney that a third theme park was considered after Disney finally acquired a large strawberry farm on the southeast corner of Katella and Harbor around the late 1990s (can't remember the exact time) with the intention of creating a third theme park by 2010. However, after the poor performance of California Adventure and the major drop in tourism after 2001, the project has never been talked about or even considered. Part of the property is currently used as cast member parking and overfill parking. But they still grow strawberries there ;)

The latest news concerning the property was last year when the City of Anaheim was considering creating a major, heavily landscaped boulevard and high end development along it linking the Convention Center on one end and Angel Stadium on the other end. The problem is that this proposed boulevard cuts right through the middle of this Disney Property. So far Disney has not made any responses or updates concerning the property and the Anaheim proposal.

matterhornmaniac
03-14-2006, 06:23 AM
EDIT: Navimap beat me to it

NaviMap
03-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Before Captain EO (the Michael Jackson 3D movie), there was another 3D show called Magic Journeys (it was also at EPCOT Center) and before that it was an open-air theater that featured stage shows and concerts much like what the Fantasyland Theater is today
Oh, those old days when i was little kid and that escalator in the front that was the former Space Mountain entrance (and in my imagination a skyway to something scary that I feared).

I came across a piece of art in the Disney Gallery that showed a concept art for Main Street Cinema and turn it into a real theater with the theater built in the back and it was proposed that Magic Journeys would be there to give Main street a "movie premiere" ambiance.

mrskellington
03-14-2006, 06:51 AM
There are 5 hidden mickeysa on the ride indianna jones!

NaviMap
03-14-2006, 06:52 AM
There are 5 hidden mickeysa on the ride indianna jones!I have so much more trouble finding them in the real parks than in VMK, lol.

Middiebear
03-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Oh wow... I didn't know the Disneyland resort was that small...

Your picture looks like the proposed spot for the third park wouldn't even be connected with the Disneyland resort property?...

mrskellington
03-14-2006, 06:55 AM
1 = bones
1 = heiroglyph
1 = big color change
1 = mickey on the magazine
1 = the nose and mouth make one on Mara that is

NaviMap
03-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Oh wow... I didn't know the Disneyland resort was that small...

Your picture looks like the proposed spot for the third park wouldn't even be connected with the Disneyland resort property?...Yes, DLR is much much smaller in size (why Walt Disney was so convinced in buying up such massive amounts of land for WDW), but we have the 2nd largest parking structure in the world, lol.

The third park plan never really took off, but you're right, it would take alot of imagination to find a creative way to connect it with main entrance plaza of the two parks. That dirt lot directly to the north of the property is owned by some developer that trying to create a multi-story shopping/dinning avenue called Anaheim GardenWalk and the grey area to the north of that is the Pumbaa Parking lot (they use it mostly for days when they get close to max capacity at Disneyland).

manunderwater
03-14-2006, 07:05 AM
i got this fact from a site, im not sure about the holographic, because i read that they screwed it down, hmm i will have to look into that

SMALL WORLD FACT: There is only 1 lone doll that represents the Phillipines in "It's A Small World", i think it resides in between the hawaiian set and the mermaids, she is in a pale dress and has a fan, im not sure if they still have it there in that exact spot

yes she's still there, right after the mermaids

aznviper06
03-14-2006, 07:10 AM
my parents told me that the old strawberry field was a holdout because an immigrant fought disney for years over it...the land had been passed down to the owner and he did all he could to keep disney from buying it but eventually he was forced to cave in

Middiebear
03-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Yes, DLR is much much smaller in size (why Walt Disney was so convinced in buying up such massive amounts of land for WDW), but we have the 2nd largest parking structure in the world, lol.

The third park plan never really took off, but you're right, it would take alot of imagination to find a creative way to connect it with main entrance plaza of the two parks. That dirt lot directly to the north of the property is owned by some developer that trying to create a multi-story shopping/dinning avenue called Anaheim GardenWalk and the grey area to the north of that is the Pumbaa Parking lot (they use it mostly for days when they get close to max capacity at Disneyland).

Parking structure?... Are you talking about a garage like they have over at Universal Studios?...

Disney would never take you off property into "the real world", then bring you back on Disney property...

If it had an entirely different entrance, people would get confused...

With that picture, everything looks very small and compact, with little room left... I'll be surprised if Disneyland ever expands... (Just because of size; Not because of Disney's California Adventure's poor attendance numbers...)

NaviMap
03-14-2006, 07:13 AM
my parents told me that the old strawberry field was a holdout because an immigrant fought disney for years over it...the land had been passed down to the owner and he did all he could to keep disney from buying it but eventually he was forced to cave inIt was two Japanese brothers that owned the property for the longest time, they simply refused the millions that Disney offered for the property (and sometimes it got real bitter between the owners and Disney). The property was finally sold by the surviving family members after the brothers passed away.Parking structure?... Are you talking about a garage like they have over at Universal Studios?...Much bigger, it's on the northwest corner of the property ;)

matterhornmaniac
03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Oh, those old days when i was little kid and that escalator in the front that was the former Space Mountain entrance (and in my imagination a skyway to something scary that I feared).

I came across a piece of art in the Disney Gallery that showed a concept art for Main Street Cinema and turn it into a real theater with the theater built in the back and it was proposed that Magic Journeys would be there to give Main street a "movie premiere" ambiance.

yeah i still remember when that upper area used to be seating for the Space Place. I remember the orange bathroom tile-like floor and the weird table/bench type seating. it always seemed to be closed however

that concept art sounds interesting. did you see it recently? i haven't been in the gallery in so long.

That dirt lot directly to the north of the property is owned by some developer that trying to create a multi-story shopping/dinning avenue called Anaheim GardenWalk and the grey area to the north of that is the Pumbaa Parking lot (they use it mostly for days when they get close to max capacity at Disneyland).

Yeah the only thing there right now is a fire station. i'm curious to see how it will be incorporated into the shopping center. i assume they'll move it. not sure if there is a law requiring a fire station to be so many miles away from another

Disney would never take you off property into "the real world", then bring you back on Disney property...

If it had an entirely different entrance, people would get confused...

the entrances would be seperate between the 3rd gate and DCA/DL. i believe there would have been a small parking lot built on the same land as the 3rd gate. they would probably just bus people back and forth like they do with the CM's

It was two Japanese brothers that owned the property for the longest time, they simply refused the millions that Disney offered for the property (and sometimes it got real bitter between the owners and Disney). The property was finally sold by the surviving family members after the brothers passed away.

they finally sold some time in the late 90's. '99 i believe

mrskellington
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
^ wow you know alot, I should go in the disney gallery more often!

Trangerine
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
like a water park and please stop critizing my posts please i saw the parking lot across from the mickey and friends parking lot it has like waves drawned on the side of the stucture but i think they arn't opening it cause seriously it would be a waste of money because who would go there durring the winter

Trangerine
03-14-2006, 11:28 PM
mara's nose on Indiana Joans and the temple of the forbidden eye ride Marcreates a hidden mickey

matterhornmaniac
03-15-2006, 12:49 AM
if you are refering to me. i have not criticized your posts. i merely added information to them. i believe you are refering to the parking lot next to Paradise Pier hotel (thats the only hotel with waves on it). that parking lot is for cast members and overflow. i belive it was at one time going to be used for a water park, but plans have fallen through. like you said, it would be a waste. not only because of the winter months, but there are already other water parks in the area, one of the being one of the largest in the country

also, i'm pretty sure mara's nose isn't a hidden mickey. or atleast it wasn't the imagineers's intention

mrskellington
03-15-2006, 03:25 AM
mara's nose on Indiana Joans and the temple of the forbidden eye ride Marcreates a hidden mickey

I posted that a little bit earlier in the thread, like a page ago

Trangerine
03-15-2006, 03:36 AM
ops i didn't know sorry not you matterhornmattic its officaial in the offical guide to disneyland book lol i saw the third gate in paradice pier i saw it next to that corn dog place... they covered it with plants

Trangerine
03-15-2006, 04:09 AM
• I wonder what they are going to to with the old tracks of rocket rods yet idk buzz lightyear took the place of the line

NaviMap
03-15-2006, 04:22 AM
I wonder what they are going to to with the old tracks of rocket rods yet idk buzz lightyear took the place of the lineThere were rumors floating around that they might return the peoplemover, but nothing has officially materialized. As for the water park, they were thinking about putting one (i think, can't recall exactly it was so long ago) where the large Parking Lot south of the Paradise Pier Hotel is when they initially released concept ideas for the Wescot plans (which were dramatically changed and scaled down to what has become CA Adventure)

Trangerine
03-15-2006, 04:48 AM
• I don’t know where would they put the ride? I mean they already destroyed the line and all and the path way to that ride is like cemented probably

Trangerine
03-15-2006, 05:16 AM
BumP!:-) Please

matterhornmaniac
03-15-2006, 07:05 AM
hmm well i guess i never noticed the hidden mickey. i tried looking for a picture, but all i got was concept art which is a bit different than the real thing.

if they put the peoplemover back, it wouldn't really need a line. its a continuously moving ride, so there was ever hardly a wait. i've heard two different ways that they'd get people back up to the station. they would either rebuild the escalator that was there previoulsy (currently a large planter with a ODV cart in front of it) or they would reuse the tunnel th built for Rocket Rods with the entrance being in Store Command. The alternate exit route for Buzz (the one that doesn't go through the store) would become the only exit.

Of course this is all RUMOR. the peoplemover may or may not come back. no one knows for sure yet, but if it did it would be after the Nemo subs open

mrskellington
03-15-2006, 09:21 PM
On the submariune voyage they are going to have an island that you pass with the seagulls saying " Mine Mine! "

DinoVan
03-16-2006, 03:32 AM
i too have some radom fun facts to add that i've actually discovered on my own or learned from a friend:

-in disneyland's main street, you will notice a fire department with a window on the 2nd floor. that actually used to be walt's temporary apartment and whenever the lamp was on, he was there. ever since he passed away, disney keeps the light on in his memory

-in cinderella castle (i forgot if it was dl or mk), there is actually a room inside around the top. it was originally planned to be walt's apartment to actually live in. however, since his passing it turned into a telephone operating room (not sure what it's used for now)

-did you know that small world was actually walt's dedication to the organization People to People Student Ambassadors? it's an organization that allows kids and teens to explore different cultures. i found this out from a meeting i went to.

-did you know the buildings along main street aren't actual size? only the first floors are. from there the upper floors are scaled down to a smaller size. otherwise, those buildings would be very very tall!

-did you know that at earlier parts of the day, you can catch goofy and someone else (couldn't get a clear view) climbing up the Matterhorn as if they were rock climbing? now i wish i had a pic of it because it was so awesome!

-here's something a little funny to me that i remember. in tarzan's treehouse in dl, i remember seeing mrs. pots and chip near the area where you bang on pots and pans.

-here's a little tip from me. unfortunately, you'll need an injured friend. anyway, i remember one time when i was planning a trip to dl with friends, one of them got in an accident. she was riding her scooter downhill and she fell off, skidding on her knee. she didn't break any bones or get any sprains, but it was still difficult for her to walk. this happened the day before our trip, but she still wanted to go. so when we arrived, we rented her a wheelchair. i swear it was like having a free fast pass! we were able to cut in line for so many rides, including those that don't offer fast passes. just remember that you have a guest limit of up to 6 people (or somewhere around that amount). plus, we got most of our money back when we returned the wheelchair at the rent stall. that was a great day :)
i saw that! but i didnt see goofy up there,i saw rock climbers.
when you go on pirates you can sometimes see other spots for boats to come throguh.there is a work room under the matterhorn for workers of the ride,there is an actual basket ball hoop thing down there.i havent seen the mansion facts probably because i had my eyes closed the whole time (i saw the movie and got freaked out )

matterhornmaniac
03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
i already mentioned the climbers of the matterhorn earlier in this thread. not sure if you have read the whole thing. i wouldn't either when its this long

You can see Goofy and Mickey climb the Matterhorn, with Minnie cheering them on from halfway up thew peak. during peak seasons it used to be at 11am and 1:15pm. haven't been at the plaza inn lately since its the slow season, so i'm not sure what times the show plays now. anyway when the show is not playing, they have regular climbers climbing the matterhorn for atmosphere.

also, the matterhorn breakroom is not below the mountain, but halfway up it. refer to post #48 in this thread. that is an actual picture of the breakroom

Blop
03-16-2006, 01:51 PM
well.. this is not disneyland but from the tower of terror ride....

if u see the tower at night, u get to see the "dummy Room" which is a light at the very top of the tower and looks like there someone there. (eerie moan) and its awesome looking

Maurice the Puppy Man
03-16-2006, 09:04 PM
The Haunted Mansion really is haunted! Several cast members have reported when working in stretching room 2, usually the lights stay on and the elevator goes twice as fast when they bring it up. But occasionally, when they press the button to bring it up, the lights go out, you can see the hanging skeleton and all of the sounds and dialogue play backwards! And whenever a CM tells the technician they say its impossible because the sounds are on a CD so it cant play backwards! Creepy.

mrskellington
03-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I think those are just mechanical effects.....or maybe grim grinning ghosts DO come out to socialize!

Trangerine
03-18-2006, 12:02 AM
i heared like that ashes of a boy who loved i wasn't sure if it was pirates or haunted that the mom spread his ashes on

Katarina
03-18-2006, 12:40 AM
there is a statue in WDW i think.. it is one of Cinderella if you curtsy to her there is a painting of a crown behind her head and it looks like it is on her head when u curtsy I am not sure about this though.. :)

matterhornmaniac
03-18-2006, 03:36 AM
^not to discredit you because that is a cool fact, but this is trivia for Disneyland park not WDW

whattimeisit92
03-18-2006, 03:41 AM
I think what you are referring to is the Cinderella fountain, which the water is at low pressure so you have to bend down far to drink it. Which make you look like you are bowing or curtsying in front of Cinderella.

Trangerine
03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
are you serious? lol!

EmmieGirl
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
here's something for u to laugh about! at animal kingdom, FL ppl on stilts - i've only seen girls do it - dress up with leaves and green face painting so the look like vines. the walk around and find a wall and just lean on it. when someone is near them they nodge them and go back to position! it is so funny! once i saw a woman doing it and a clueless dude walks up with an other man and are looking at the map trying to get somewhere. aprently they didn't notice the crowd watching the 'vine' she bends down and kisses the top of his head and he drops to his knees like someone is making him surender. he finally see's the ppl laughing and looks up at the vine and she winks at him. it was so funny! so next time your there watch out for the walking vines! -EmmieGirl:wave2: 12429 That's her!

2ILOVESMILES
03-18-2006, 10:23 PM
[/B]Did you know..

Mainstreet USA

Adventureland

The Jungle Cruise- 1. The Magdalena (Maggie) and the Mekong are the two boats currently off the water because with the new boats being so much bigger than the old, not all boats could fit. So two had to go, and management chose which ones it would be.

2. Disney cut one of the old boats in two and sunk it in the lagoon across from the second dock. This is just for looks and helps the old and new skippers remember the main parts of the orginal ride.

3. The Jungle Cruise was the original, the first Disney ride/attraction

4. The Disneyland boats run on a guide rail. The Disneyworld boats run in a concrete trough. It's better from a skipper's point of view to work at Disneyland. The boats derail there, (causing the ride to shut down) but the boats at Disneyworld rarely break down.

5. As you walk through the line just inside of the fort on the first story if you look to the left you will notice a set of plans for the jungle cruise boats on the wall to the left, look at who the plans were approved by in the lower right-hand corner and it says WED, Walt Disney's initials.

6. Just after you exit from behind the water fall and before you are about to make the last turn to head back to dock there is a rock that appears to look like a rino head in the water. It even has a hole cut into it where the eyeball would be. Very interesting. It's almost right across from the head hunter holding the heads in his hand.

7. It is now against SOP (standard operating procedure) to actually shoot at the hippos in the hippo pool. Since they are an endangered species.

8. At the native uprising when the headhunters attack, you'll hear them say "oookalaoalak! Ookalokaloka!" Then one shouts very distinctly "I love disco!"

New Orleans Square

The Huanted Mansion - 1. In the attic scene (the bride with the broken heart) in the Haunted Mansion you can see the shadow of the invisible ghost playing piano.

2. On the Haunted House ride where all the ghosts are dancing in the ballroom, there is a spider web in front of you at one point. There is a huge pane of glass located about 5 feet in front of you. The spider web is originally formed by a crack in the glass because of a small boy who slipped a sling shot onto the ride past the ride operators. He aimed it at one of the ghosts thinking it would hit it. But to his surprise, the shot was stopped by the glass in front of him. The glass cracked when the shot hit resembling a spider web. Instead of replacing the glass, which was much too expensive and time consuming, Disney Imagineers fixed it up, and made it look like a spider web

3. There is a difference between the stretch rooms in the Haunted Mansions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. In Walt Disney World, the ceiling goes up and in Disneyland the floor goes down. It is an Otis elevator, and it goes down about 20 feet. The ceiling stays where it is, as do the upper part of the walls. This is because Disney had to build a warehouse to house the ride on the other side of the railroad tracks and needed a way to get people down to the loading area. The hall with the paintings is what takes you under the tracks. When the ride goes up the first hall it is actually going up on the other side of the tracks. At Walt Disney World, the foor remains at the same level and the ceiling rises to maintain the same illusion. The reason, of course, is that no level change is necessary, as the attraction is on the same level as the entrance

4. Although intresting, is untrue. Yes, it is just a rumor, but it has little foundation in the reality of the attraction. Granted, the dog next to the watchman and the dog next to the sarcophicus are very similar; so are the cats and owls in the same scene. They used the same molds. In addition, the mummy is sitting in a recently opened coffin; in back of him is an egyptian tomb, the mummy is too thin to be the watchman, and at one point the mummy says something in some other language (sounds vaugley arabic, but then again, the voice actor was probley just saying gibberish). There's too much evidence against this.

5. In the Graveyard scene going by the singing busts, as you're doom buggie rides past the last of the busts and begins to turn around, if you lean forward and look to you're right just as you pass the last bust you'll be able to catch a glimse of the mashine that projects the faces on the busts.

6. The Mell-o Men did do the singing in Pirates, as well as "painting the Roses Red" in Alice in Wonderland, and "Grim Grinning Ghosts" for the Haunted Mansion. They are even portrayed as the singing busts in the mansion!

The Pirates of the Carribean- 1. The name of the pirate ship is the "Wicked Wench."

2. Known for their inside jokes, the artists for this attraction modeled some of the pirate faces (particularly the mischievous ones) after themselves.

3. As you pass the Blue Bayou restaurant on the Pirates of the Carribbean, there is a second-story balcony that appears to be a facade. Actually, the balcony is part of Walt Disney's Club 33.

4. When you first take off in Pirates, while floating past the Blue Bayou, look up at the sky for 15 to 20 seconds, you will see a shooting star streak by.

5. The Captain of the ship (the part with the cannonballs) has a braided beard with red ribbons in it

6. The face of the woman in the picture is very similar to that of the woman in Haunted Mansion with the snakes coming out of her head.

7. The Pirates of the Caribbean is so big! Where does it all fit? Only the very beginning and the end of the attraction are actually in New Orleans Square. After the first big drops (which actually go under the DL Railroad tracks) the entire ride is in a large green sound stage backstage. This is one of four sound stages in a row (Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain). They are visible from Downtown Disney and between DL and DCA. They are the buildings decorated with images of palm trees.

8. The maidens may chase the pirates at Disney World, but at Disneyland they don't with the exception of the last chase, where a pirate is being chased by a maiden.

9. The fireflies in Pirates are actually small blinking lights on a small string or wire, blown in different directions by small fans.

10. The pirate captain leans against the well in the mayor-dunking scene. But in the original plans of the ride, the captain was supposed to have a hook. Walt ruled it out because it would cost more money to have a moving "animatronic" arm. To this day, the captain still leans and has a complete human hand.

11. The are pigs wallowing in the mud with the drunken pirate are oinking in time to the music.

Frontierland

Critter Country

Splash Mountain-

Fantasyland

Tomorrowland

ToonTown

OMG that is the longest thing i have ever READ!!!!:happy: about :mickey2:

mrskellington
03-19-2006, 12:53 AM
These are all some gret facts, you guys I'm kinda out of some FOR RIGHT NOW keep them coming!

mrskellington
03-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Sorry for the Double Post Everyone!!!!

Space Station 77, a reference to the year Space Mountain opened, is where riders board their "rocket"

aceastrofan
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Sorry for the Double Post Everyone!!!!

Space Station 77, a reference to the year Space Mountain opened, is where riders board their "rocket"
Sweet mrskellington!

matterhornmaniac
03-19-2006, 03:07 AM
here's something for u to laugh about! at animal kingdom, FL ppl on stilts - i've only seen girls do it - dress up with leaves and green face painting so the look like vines. the walk around and find a wall and just lean on it. when someone is near them they nodge them and go back to position! it is so funny! once i saw a woman doing it and a clueless dude walks up with an other man and are looking at the map trying to get somewhere. aprently they didn't notice the crowd watching the 'vine' she bends down and kisses the top of his head and he drops to his knees like someone is making him surender. he finally see's the ppl laughing and looks up at the vine and she winks at him. it was so funny! so next time your there watch out for the walking vines! -EmmieGirl

they had a similar character at DCA when it first opened. She was mostly covered in ivy. Her name was De Vine. she's been gone for a few years now

DisneyFan
03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
here's something for u to laugh about! at animal kingdom, FL ppl on stilts - i've only seen girls do it - dress up with leaves and green face painting so the look like vines. the walk around and find a wall and just lean on it. when someone is near them they nodge them and go back to position! it is so funny! once i saw a woman doing it and a clueless dude walks up with an other man and are looking at the map trying to get somewhere. aprently they didn't notice the crowd watching the 'vine' she bends down and kisses the top of his head and he drops to his knees like someone is making him surender. he finally see's the ppl laughing and looks up at the vine and she winks at him. it was so funny! so next time your there watch out for the walking vines! -EmmieGirl:wave2: 12429 That's her!

That's cool, but I think we're talking about Disneyland Resort right?

That's what it said in the title.

Cool though!

mrskellington
03-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Yea, let's go back on topic.....

Trangerine
03-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Snow white's scarry adventures at disneyland didn't have any room for a happy ending

Trangerine
03-20-2006, 01:55 AM
did you know the last ride walt disney worked on was Pirates of the Carribean

aceastrofan
03-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Did you know that Haunted Mansion is more creepier than normal?

Trangerine
03-20-2006, 05:15 AM
are you sure?????

NaviMap
03-20-2006, 05:18 AM
Did you know that Haunted Mansion is more creepier than normal?They did do a few minor adjustments/upkeep to the ride since it was longer than the normal refurbishment period that happens for the Holiday removal, but nothing major. The only significant change i could easily notice is the air they blow at the "bride in the attic" i guess to give her a more "haunting" presence.

mrskellington
03-20-2006, 05:45 AM
did you know the last ride walt disney worked on was Pirates of the Carribean

and now that one has been ruined.....*sigh* and there's a ha[py ending in the ride........it says on the book

matterhornmaniac
03-20-2006, 06:53 AM
i don't think it will be runied. its not a total change.

its not like they're adding eddie murphy to the haunted mansion ;)

AGMartin2
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
its not like they're adding eddie murphy to the haunted mansion ;)
Now that would be taking the mickey lol!:CastMem:

Katarina
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Srry about the WDW thing

Trangerine
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
hmm how did they change it i noticed the refurnishment took a while i saw though the cracks they redid the concrete of the line

Trangerine
03-20-2006, 11:25 PM
to pirates they are adding stuff :-(

matterhornmaniac
03-21-2006, 08:11 AM
hmm how did they change it i noticed the refurnishment took a while i saw though the cracks they redid the concrete of the line

change what?

Goldhunt
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Cool facts I learn something new every day thanks for posting this :)
~Goldhunt VMKF
~Goldcoin VMK

LordIllidan
03-22-2006, 03:45 AM
They did do a few minor adjustments/upkeep to the ride since it was longer than the normal refurbishment period that happens for the Holiday removal, but nothing major. The only significant change i could easily notice is the air they blow at the "bride in the attic" i guess to give her a more "haunting" presence.
Speaking of the Bride in the Attic, you can see the door to the matinence bay to your left as soon as you enter that room. If I remember correctly, back when the bride was just two yellow eyes poking out of a wedding dress as opposed to a real... erm... "flesh and blood" ghost (What an oxymoron that was...), it was too dark to see it. Curious indeed.

Trangerine
03-22-2006, 04:03 AM
lol .................................................. ............................:-)

mrskellington
03-22-2006, 06:18 AM
^^ No way!!!! Really!?!?! I gotta check that out sometime!!!!!

LordIllidan
03-23-2006, 01:49 AM
It's hard to miss. It takes up the whole wall XD

mrskellington
03-23-2006, 03:51 AM
really?!?! cool!!!!

NaviMap
03-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Does anyone know about the history or story behind that "Indian" statue that stands along the Main Street Sidewalk in front around the Magic Shop? It kind of puzzles me why it's there.

matterhornmaniac
03-23-2006, 07:26 AM
it used to be a cigar store. indians were traditional placed outside of them. not sure why, i will try to find the info and edit

EDIT: found some info on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigar_store_Indian

Middiebear
03-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Fact #1: 60% of Disneyland's attendance are Californian residents...

Fact #2: The park never reached capacity on July 17, 2005... (The park's official 50th birthday)...

matterhornmaniac
03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
that's because most of the people showed up at like midnight the night before and were tired by midday and left. i got off at 1:30am that day and the line was already huge. i don't how many of you are familiar with the bus loading zone and the east side of the property, but the line snake through all the lanes which i think is about 4 or 5 very large lanes. it was nuts seeing all those people camped out. and as a testament to how unbusy it was, those cupcakes that they handed out to the guests sat in the cast member restaraunt behind the plaza inn for a few days after; or maybe it was because they were nasty.

NaviMap
03-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Fact #1: 60% of Disneyland's attendance are Californian residents...Of course it will be :) There's 35 million of us from all those places you see in Soarin' Over CaliforniaFact #2: The park never reached capacity on July 17, 2005... (The park's official 50th birthday)...It was real busy there and I was a witness to it. They were very very close to consider capacity closings. But, I was crazy enough to arrive at 4 am with thousands before me, wait in a line at the resort bus areas then wait in a line that went through every pathway in California Adventure Park then wait in another line for special merchandise that spanned half of Disneyland Park in 90+ degree heat, finally didn't leave the merchandise booth until 3pm and after all that, would I want to stay in the park ....

No Way! Find me the first tram out of here! My energy was nil, zip, none, nada, completely wiped out that there's no way I would want to drag myself to walk another minute in the park. I know that is a sentiment shared by at least 5000-7000 guests who woke up early and waited in endless lines. So of course, there weren't enough people to endure sticking around Disneyland long enough to the point where they had to do capacity closings.those cupcakes that they handed out to the guests sat in the cast member restaraunt behind the plaza inn for a few days after; or maybe it was because they were nasty.They tasted ok but one was enough, maybe because I was more thirsty from waiting in that line with the intense heat and they weren't helping me comfort that.

Trangerine
04-01-2006, 11:21 PM
what is that narnia thing at disneyland by the castle???

LordIllidan
04-02-2006, 12:03 AM
what is that narnia thing at disneyland by the castle???

Narnia thing? as far as my knowledge goes, there isn't and never was a single trace of Narnia at Disneyland. Maybe just a random statue of a lion or something.

Chirpin
04-02-2006, 03:36 AM
no at disneyland right as u go in the castle from fantasyland to main st
there is a narnia sign and a line leading into the castle

dogsdogs
04-02-2006, 03:41 AM
last time i went a few months ago i might of saw it.
i was running so im not sure.
I think it was a meet the whitewitch or some thing.

Chirpin
04-02-2006, 05:28 PM
i saw guests going inside the castle so i wonder.monday i will post a pic

Trangerine
04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
hmmm yeah that is what i want to know lol.....:-)

NaviMap
04-02-2006, 11:08 PM
In a previous time in Disneyland, there was an walk through attraction going inside the castle with dioramas going through the story of Sleeping Beauty. The interesting thing is that these dioramas (even though they looked like they were taken straight from the movie) came out before the movie was released.

As for the Narnia arch over what used to be the exit for that former walk through attraction: It looks like its only a photo spot to take your picture with the White Witch. That's the only thing i saw happening at that spot today.

Cadbury of Redwall
04-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Sweet Facts everyone!

1. On pirates, when you pass the beach where you see the guy with the sword with the sword in his back, there is also a guy with a hat, an the hat has a seagull on it. Thats what inspired the seagull hat ;)

2. They are planning to replace the natilus submarines with a nemo ride coming in 2007

-Cadberry

matterhornmaniac
04-07-2006, 08:42 AM
the subs at disneyland were never modeled after the nautilus. they were designed to like like military submarines. they were then painted pastel colors in the mid-80's. those colors pretty much bombed and the subs were quickly painted the yellow color which they had until they closed

alphakoolguy
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Sweet Facts everyone!

1. On pirates, when you pass the beach where you see the guy with the sword with the sword in his back, there is also a guy with a hat, an the hat has a seagull on it. Thats what inspired the seagull hat ;)

2. They are planning to replace the natilus submarines with a nemo ride coming in 2007

-Cadberry
as he said they were never natilus subs but no they will be yellow submarines like the song

Yapperh
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
i hear there a disount store in disneyland too were u can get things 30% off if a cast member tke u there because it where normal guests cant go

famous book quote of the weekend...you win a prize if u guess it right pm me to clame... ok here the quote "Farewell, wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the jouney's end"

matterhornmaniac
04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
There are cast member stores backstage for cast member exclusive merchandise, but we do not get 30% off on that stuff. It seems you are refering to company D which is a about a few minutes east of the resort. It has all the stuff that they sell at the parks to guests, but for roughly around 50% (sometimes higher or lower).

Cadbury of Redwall
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
ok I was wrong about the submarines, but I thought thats what they called the attraction.. or was it just submarines?

LordIllidan
04-07-2006, 04:46 PM
ok I was wrong about the submarines, but I thought thats what they called the attraction.. or was it just submarines?

I believe WDW got the 20k under the sea ride, and we got Submarine Voyage.

matterhornmaniac
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
I believe WDW got the 20k under the sea ride, and we got Submarine Voyage.

you'd believe correctly

dogsdogs
04-08-2006, 04:45 AM
im not sure but i think inferno was based on this from small world
http://i2.************/t887lx.jpg

Haydenfan
04-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Interesting.....

LordIllidan
04-10-2006, 01:08 AM
If that ended up being true, I would predict a sudden drop in inferno's value :P

Haydenfan
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
If that ended up being true, I would predict a sudden drop in inferno's value :P
"And we laough and we share now it is time you're aware it's a small world after all" and that is why the inferno would drop lol

TheCoasterNut
04-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Not sure if this has been said (didn't have time to read 20 pages of posts) but all the old Disneyland attractions can be found at Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com/). It is a really cool site, so check it out!

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Middiebear
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Fact:

Although Disneyland has a 16 year lead advantage over Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom... It actually took 9 years LONGER to reach its 500th millionth guest...

Disneyland park reached its 500th millionth visitor in 2004

Magic Kingdom park reached its 500th millionth visitor in 1995

NaviMap
04-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Fact:

Although Disneyland has a 16 year lead advantage over Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom... It actually took 9 years LONGER to reach its 500th millionth guest...

Disneyland park reached its 500th millionth visitor in 2004

Magic Kingdom park reached its 500th millionth visitor in 1995Because Walt Disney World was created with enough room for expansion and built four theme parks before Disneyland could acquire additional land to expand for a second park. It was a learning experience for Walt when he came up with Disneyland that he wanted correct the unexpected results (i.e. the annoying signs and ambiance that cropped up along Harbor Blvd.) by acquiring secretively massive amounts land for Walt Disney World.

Katarina
04-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Madame Leota was based on the Imagineer Leota Thomas :)

Bell Fan
04-13-2006, 01:32 AM
the magic of disneyland is underground the park. also disney bought pixar

matterhornmaniac
04-13-2006, 02:17 AM
^what are you refering to in your first sentence? there is hardly magic beneath disneyland. sorry for breaking it to you

Silverstream
04-13-2006, 03:33 AM
wow, these are alot of interesting facts about DLR to bad i've never been there but i have noticed a few of the same things at WDW as in DLR but just a few

Supercharged
04-13-2006, 04:19 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, and if you know where to find the Cast Member website, feel free to check out more stuff like this, but...

There was a man named Joe that died during the creation of Pirates. It's listed in the Cast Member handbook to wish Joe goodnight every night before closing, and it's part of tradition.

Many people claim that if you acknowledge Joe on the ride, it will break down. Try it out for yourself!

TikiRoom
04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
What do you mean "acknowledge" him?

manunderwater
04-14-2006, 01:15 AM
4. Before you go down for your first drop, notice the rattle snakes and goat on the right and left, people don't notice them since they are scared of going down for the first time!

They are on the second drop!

Trangerine
04-14-2006, 07:41 AM
I went recently to DLR and I was on the Matterhorn in search of the construction of nemo submarine voyage and I saw they filled in the water again and they created two building thingys and they have reafs and I hear they are going to use sonic waves so you can hear character you get to see different character depending on where you sit :-)

figmentisback
04-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I went recently to DLR and I was on the Matterhorn in search of the construction of nemo submarine voyage and I saw they filled in the water again and they created two building thingys and they have reafs and I hear they are going to use sonic waves so you can hear character you get to see different character depending on where you sit :-)

the audio is going to be piped into the sub... all the subs except one are in the dock.. one is being used for a test... then will be reversed into dock.. then the lagoon will be drained again to continue testing... clear plastic/fiber glass boxes will hold Animatronics, the new concrete box is the new first show scene.. when its done, on top will be seagulls which will be from the movie... and go mine when a sub passes...

Trangerine
04-14-2006, 11:01 PM
cool! i heard there is going to be the coolio volcano on the ride......

dogsdogs
04-16-2006, 05:50 AM
there is a volcano in finding nemo?

mrskellington
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
yea the one where nemo shoots out of in the fish tank

TBs_Creation
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
u forgot one in the HM when u walk out of the ride To Be Mrs.Gracie threw her ring in the cement look carefully and u will see it yourself

matterhornmaniac
04-16-2006, 10:59 PM
^that's only in the WDW version. there is no such ring in the DLR version

TBs_Creation
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
^that's only in the WDW version. there is no such ring in the DLR version
srry about that i forgot i have never been to a Disney park except WDW

Maurice the Puppy Man
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
This was on a podcast I listen to. Recently, some lady had an audition for the Bride in the HM. So they may be adding a fece to her to as they have done with Madame Leota and the busts.

BTW, the ring in the ground is just from a pole they removed and never bothered to fill in the hole

Trangerine
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
are they ever going to reopen the sleeping Beauty castle?

Oranges
04-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Disneyland, California is the only park to have the Alice in Wonderland ride.

It may be the only American park to have an Alice in Wonderland ride, but Disneyland Paris has an attraction called "Alice's Curious Labyrinth" (but it's more of a self-guided ride, rather than one with moving vehicles).

skip
04-18-2006, 01:18 AM
It may be the only American park to have an Alice in Wonderland ride, but Disneyland Paris has an attraction called "Alice's Curious Labyrinth" (but it's more of a self-guided ride, rather than one with moving vehicles).

Um, therefor it isn't a ride at all. The post you quoted is completely correct.

The labrynth looks like a cool little place. I wish I could see it in person.

-skippyskippy

EDIT: The Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through was closed after 9/11 for saftey concerns. It is doubtful it will ever reopen.

PirateMario
04-18-2006, 04:03 AM
What do you mean the sleeping beuty castle is closed if you walk through it when you go to fantasyland

Trangerine
04-18-2006, 04:52 AM
they mean the walk though attraction inside the castle :-)

PirateMario
04-18-2006, 05:02 AM
the up stairs part?? I've never been up there. what was there and why did they close it?

matterhornmaniac
04-18-2006, 05:47 AM
the walk-through in the castle was a set of dioramas based on "Sleeping Beauty" similar in fashion to the ones set of in front of the emporium. the dioramas have since been cleared out. in fact the sleeping beauty portion in the current emporium displays is from the walk-through.

there are currently no plans for the millionare building

TripleM
04-18-2006, 01:15 PM
If any of you didnt know.. when you ride the Buzz Lightyear ride, you are actually playing against an online player! No, you are not playing against an online player, you are playing with an online player.

Trangerine
04-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Space mountain has a two story foundation under the ride

Taryn
04-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Um, therefor it isn't a ride at all. The post you quoted is completely correct.

Ah, but the Disney Theme parks technically don't have 'rides', they have attractions. And a walk through indeed counts as an attraction...

PinkRibbon
04-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Did you know that some of the gold on the sleeping beauty castle is real gold

Middiebear
04-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Space mount is first computerized indor rollercoaster

Space Mountain actually premiered at Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World first...

So according to your post... Disneyland's Space Mountain would be the SECOND computerized indoor roller coaster...

Trangerine
04-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Did you know the submarine voyage finding nemo is going to be an island where the two concrete buildings are and they have these coolio automatic built in steps that turn back and forth on the dock to connect to the sub when you load :-) here are 34 pics of construction http://www.westcoaster.net/wcPhoto.php?upd=1&image=3990

compadredude
04-24-2006, 05:25 AM
The Micky Roller Coster In Dca Runs Off Of A Huge Magnet

Rook
04-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Actually the coaster in DCA (Califonia Screaming) runs off many different magnets. The Launch strip is comprised of multiple magnets pushing and pulling the car at the same time. Working together to get the train up to that first great drop.

The original plans for the Orange Stinger attraction in DCA included actual cars shaped as bees but was later scraped for the swing seats we have today. Some of you who have seen some of the original attraction toys from the first year that DCA was opened may have notice this on the Orange Stinger toy version.

When first walking into DCA you may notice a burning smell coming from the EnginEar Toys area. Don't worry it's not the trashcan, as many people think and report. But it's actually the coffee roasters from the bakery found in one the Zephyr's cars. The planners thought it would be a nice aroma for the guests to walk into when coming into the park. Little did they know that roasting coffee beans would smell alot like burning coffee beans.

If you look up on the walls of EnginEars Toys you will notice many different what look to be bell towers. Actually each of those bell towers represent the major train stations that was on the original California Zephyr line.

(Im not sure if this one is true anymore but I know I have seen it work) In Greetings from California the camera in the room with the pins in it actually flashes from time to time. It was believed that the flashes were in time with the Monorail running through but my many hours put into Greetings have proved that belief false.

That's all I have for now but I'm sure I will think of more. By the way , great thread.

matterhornmaniac
04-24-2006, 10:51 AM
The original plans for the Orange Stinger attraction in DCA included actual cars shaped as bees but was later scraped for the swing seats we have today. Some of you who have seen some of the original attraction toys from the first year that DCA was opened may have notice this on the Orange Stinger toy version.

I can't tell if you are or are not implying that the bee seats never made it into the park. So I will just assume that you are saying they never did. The bee seats were part of the ride on opening day. They were removed a few months later when it was deemed that they were too heavy.

Rook
04-24-2006, 10:49 PM
I can't tell if you are or are not implying that the bee seats never made it into the park. So I will just assume that you are saying they never did. The bee seats were part of the ride on opening day. They were removed a few months later when it was deemed that they were too heavy.

I stand corrected. Thank you for the info matterhornmaniac

superdsuperd
04-25-2006, 12:01 AM
:mickeymo: From what i have discovered and learned when u are a charater in a costume u cant be outside for more than 20 minutes do to the fact that the costumes are heavy and u get hot fast in them..

:minniemo: There cant be more than 1 of the same character outside because some little kids do believe that the characters they see and hug are real so if they are taking a pic with a character walk around the corner and see the same character they will be confused and it will ruin the fun!

:goofy: On the buzz lightyear ride the face you see is actually a holigram if u look below him u will see this light coming out of it giving away some of the idea that the buzz face looks so real!

:donald: I hope you have learned from my facts and enjoyed them, :)

Dani,:CastMem:

matterhornmaniac
04-25-2006, 05:31 AM
the buzz face is internally projected. it is not the same as leota which is project from an outside source. what you were seeing was probably just show lights to illuminate the scene. :)

TheMoth
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
To make sure of perfect safety, at one point Splash Mountain was tested with Cast Members riding backwards!! Crazy people

It was also originally designed so that you would not get wet on it..
If log loading procedures were followed with lightest to heaviest, at the big drop the water would create a swirling tunnel of water. This was tested by businessmen in nice suits but it didnt turn out like they had hoped

skip
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Ah, but the Disney Theme parks technically don't have 'rides', they have attractions. And a walk through indeed counts as an attraction...

Ah, but he said RIDE, as in sitting down in a moving vehicle, which is completely correct. If he had said there is only one Alice in Wonderland ATTRACTION, then he would have been wrong.

-skippyskippy

jaz_e_03
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Fantasmic! premiered at Disneyland on May 13, 1992. (that was the day i was born)

Trangerine
05-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Didn't indiana Jones and the temple of the forbidden eye started construction in 1992 and sorry about the other post

DarkKnightCecil
05-02-2006, 02:28 AM
no 1995, i have the opening day video

figmentisback
05-02-2006, 02:49 AM
no 1995, i have the opening day video

you mean video of the queue line going from the ride into mainstreet, down mainstreet, then back up mainstreet and stretching into tomorrowland... eventually being next to space mountain's queue?? Truth

Middiebear
05-02-2006, 02:54 AM
you mean video of the queue line going from the ride into mainstreet, down mainstreet, then back up mainstreet and stretching into tomorrowland... eventually being next to space mountain's queue?? Truth

That ride saved Disneyland from slipping attendance year after year in the early 90's...

According to a study of the Southern California theme parks...

Indiana Jones was the only ride to actually boost attendance in a park after opening...

Disney truly struck gold, when creating this ride...

Trangerine
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
COOOL ummmm shadow of sherlock homes in Mr toads wild ride only seen durring the day

m0nk33b0y
05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Some of these facts are not true. Did you get these from HiddenMickeys.org??

DarkKnightCecil
05-04-2006, 01:44 AM
no i mean of the TV Special.

Trangerine
05-05-2006, 01:25 AM
2 billionth guest entered disneyland may 2

Middiebear
05-05-2006, 05:16 AM
2 billionth guest entered disneyland may 2

I think you should REPHRASE that to make it a little clearer...

The 2,000,000,000th guest was welcomed as the 2,000,000,000th guest of ALL 11 Disney theme parks WORLD WIDE!!!

(Disneyland is actually only up to 500 million guests, as of 2004)

Trangerine
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
eyore parking lot was replaced with Indiana Jones and the Temple of the forbidden eye

matterhornmaniac
05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
the monorail track was also moved slightly south to accomodate the indiana jones show building

Trangerine
05-06-2006, 08:19 PM
i really hope that the people mover comes back to disneyland!

MetalRulse
05-07-2006, 01:17 AM
yea me to that would be cool

Miguzi.Man
05-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Off Topic:It will be sad to see the pirates ride totally re-done because it turns out my mothers uncle was one of the original costume designers for the ride.

On Topic: Did anyone know that the matterhorn has a basketball court in it? It turns out that Disney couldn't build a structure tall enough unless it was used for sports/recreational purposes, otherwise it would be a lot shorter

matterhornmaniac
05-07-2006, 02:22 AM
^this has already been discussed earlier in the thread
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=542738&postcount=48

Trangerine
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
on wikapedia they said starting may 3, 2006 the people were going to start to change the haunted mansion ride but slowly leaving the ride open. it says in the article that there is going to be a new plot.

trouble
05-08-2006, 04:46 PM
on wikapedia they said starting may 3, 2006 the people were going to start to change the haunted mansion ride but slowly leaving the ride open. it says in the article that there is going to be a new plot.

they've already begun. take a look at the new bride in the attic:

ok, my link didn't work, so just head to youtube and search 'haunted mansion attic' and you'll
be able to view lots of videos of the new bride.

Trangerine
05-09-2006, 05:43 AM
awesome!!!! i hear that they took out the i do pop ups in the atic scene of the ride!