View Full Version : VMK Central Booth in DLR Boarded Up?

NaviMap
02-07-2006, 07:19 AM
I stopped by Disneyland today and I found that the VMK Central booth was boarded up. Unfortunately, the cast members that I talked to actually didn't even know that the booth was closed up. Does anyone know what is happening with the booth?

EDIT: As of Monday, February 13, 2006 the booth is now up and running again. It looks like it got a new paint job, that's the only change that I noticed.

Whenever these boards are put up in Disneyland, they indicate some kind of major construction or repair will be going on. They are not set up due to rain or wind. Let me make this clear: There has been no possibility of any kind of weather that would destroy or do extreme damage to the booth. The last time we had any rain was on New Year's Day and winds have never been strong enough in Orange County to blow any structure like the VMK booth away (BTW, Innoventions blocks the direction from where the Santa Ana winds come from).

You can still turn in your quests at a small booth (they've used for rainy days in the past) located inside Innoventions on the first floor (behind the "create your own firework show" stations) EDIT: the sign in the picture refers guests to the small station inside Innoventions to do the quests.

BTW, Disneyland was not at all affected from the brush fire to the east. Just a smoke smell in some places and some small particles in the air blown by winds from the fire, but there was a beautiful sunset.

manunderwater
02-07-2006, 07:21 AM
well do you remember what the sign says?

kidkid9393
02-07-2006, 07:24 AM
i do It says something like this
:We are curently away you can turnin and get your quests inside inoventions

or something like that i am going soon no worries i will dig deep to find out y

technogirl
02-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Wow! VMK Central closed!?! Will it be open in a few weeks lol?

Gotsumgame
02-07-2006, 08:10 AM
OMGZZ This cannot be happening!

EyeBK
02-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, you know what the weird thing is? I went to Disneyland about a couple of months ago, and the VMK Booth was also closed. It didn't have the stuff around it but it was just empty and they had a chain around it with the sign. So I have no idea what they are doing. Maybe they are getting rid of it and making it inside Innoventions? But you think they would have moved it by now. Oh well, maybe they are changing it.

Thanks for the picture though.

-Eye-

TowerFreak99
02-07-2006, 08:43 AM
:donald: wow what a bummer I'm sure it will be open again soon.:wave2:

Bass Shakers
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Well, boards like that at Disneyland usually indicate that whatever is behind it is getting re-imagineered. I think this can only be good news. My guess is that VMK has been deemed such a success that they would now like to devote a larger, grander, prettier, better-themed, more permanent attraction to VMK. That kiosk before had a bit of a temporary look, and panels were becoming faded, the umbrella used on sunny days was a bit ghetto, etc. They may or may not be relocating, but I'm sure it will re-open, and that when it does it will be very cool and very snazzy, with an appropriate design for Tomorrowland. Maybe even another terminal or two so that multiple cast members can process quests and such quickly!

Or maybe it's just getting something minor like a paint job. :xmas4:

DLtorgo
02-07-2006, 09:56 PM
i was there this past weekend and the cast member said that in a couple weeks they would be down and then they were going to give out fastpasses when you completed the quests in addition to the cards.

bethmn
02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
When we were at DLR two weeks ago it was very windy and the VMK CMs were inside,with no one at the booth-it was closed.
They said they come inside when it's really windy or raiuny.
Perhaps it's the wind.

oldgrumpy
02-08-2006, 01:08 AM
There is always something "boarded up" at DLR.
The park is under constant rennovation.

NaviMap
02-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Perhaps it's the wind.Wind or weather related stuff wouldn't be a reason to board up the booth, the boards usually mean some construction or major repairs that will go on for a couple weeks or more.There is always something "boarded up" at DLR.
The park is under constant rennovation.Yes, there always is something being repaired/boarded up in the off season, but I'm asking if anyone knows why the VMK Central booth is being boarded up and what they are going to do with the booth? I'm asking if anyone has talked to any cast members about it and got a definite answer, not a guess or mere speculation.

Appleson
02-08-2006, 03:57 AM
hopefully both booths won't be closed when i go on saturday

Zebraa
02-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Maybe they're making it better? LOL

PirateTod
02-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Ok People This Could Be A Good think Or A Bad thing

They Could Be Making Better things.....adding games.....quest things to do at the booth

you never know but we can hope for the best : )

FashionRocker
02-08-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm going to WDW in a week or two...I sure hope it's not boarded up there!

And for why it is boarded up...No clue. Was the weather okay there?

NaviMap
02-08-2006, 04:03 AM
hopefully both booths won't be closed when i go on saturdayThey should still have the small booth open on the first floor inside Innoventions.

Middiebear
02-08-2006, 04:26 AM
The VMK in Walt Disney World is in Magic Kingdom park's Main Street Cinema... not some booth...

Main Street Cinema is basically a gift shop, but now it has VMK computers and VMK quests and cards in it...

So more than likely... it will not close due to weather or to be refurbished like at Disneyland's...

lol
02-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Well..

The Vmk booth is not the most safe thing to have up in bad weather if there was some!

In DLR when I was there the weather was perfect..
Though you could tell that bad weather would take it apart in a way.

Jacques
02-08-2006, 04:58 AM
This is Disneyland's slow season. Most of their renovations go on now.

I was at the Park this evening. The booth inside Innoventions is still open, and most likely will remain until the exterior booth is completed.

Also, the In Park quests have technically all expired. They are still honoring them, however. You should still be able to get prizes. No news on replacement quests.

oldgrumpy
02-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Well..

The Vmk booth is not the most safe thing to have up in bad weather if there was some!

In DLR when I was there the weather was perfect..
Though you could tell that bad weather would take it apart in a way.

I think there might be something to this.

VMK was originally started as a temporary venture.
It seems to have teken off.

Lately, there has been many times that the VMK stuff has been moved inside innoventions.
Possibly, they are building something more substantial, something that will shelter the CMs a little better than a single umbrella.

In any case, I will ask next time I stop by.

NaviMap
02-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Issue resolved: VMK booth is now open and running again. Looks like the only noticable change is that it got a new paint job.

Bass Shakers
02-14-2006, 07:43 AM
That's good enough for me! It sorely needed it. Thanks for the news!

Cadbury of Redwall
02-18-2006, 06:26 AM
whew just a new paint job!
I really liked the VMK booth at DLR..
glad to hear it:xmas16:

timmyastro
02-18-2006, 06:40 AM
i went today its open but no cards or anything

DinoVan
02-18-2006, 06:43 AM
yea i went like three or two days ago and it was up and running

timmyastro
02-18-2006, 06:45 AM
i went today i just got back lol um its open no differnet cards are inside and did you know that the people inside the innoventions knew vmk was going to clode 2 hours ahead and plus they were trying to fix computers lol...i think they shut down vmk....for a little while

because i asked this girl and she said they might shut down vmk later that day and they did!