View Full Version : Competition #1: Weekly userpage competition! DRAWN!!!

Nick
02-03-2006, 04:21 AM
This is the weekly competition for getting yourself a userpage without donating.

The winner for VMKForums for competition #1 is....

Drum Roll.....

mickeymouse2818 (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/member.php?u=4418)

Congrats to the winner and if you yourself would like to win, why not enter next weeks competition by clicking here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41060) and remember, to read the rules!

barfownz
02-03-2006, 04:36 AM
Add me. :) Name: barfownz

DarkKnightCecil
02-03-2006, 04:48 AM
Because i have been on this for a long time and not allowed to use my parent's credit card online. Also I love this forum and VMK.

I have never been banned by both and i make great friends

Haydenfan
02-03-2006, 05:30 AM
I have never been banned from the fan site,and I can't pay a donation because my parents don't want to pay a fan site they don't know,and I am saving up my own money to buy this purse I really like that my parents aren't going to buy like that espescially when it is $118 bucks. There was another site that my friend really likes that you can make your own user page but I was to young to sign up and then I found out that VMKF had a user page option I was so happy,but only to find I couldn't make one because you can only get one from a donation.I would be so happy and joyful if I won this competion

~Thank you and
Good Night

CookieThief
02-03-2006, 05:31 AM
I think I should really get my own userpage because I love to make Web pages. In the past, I've had school Web sites and free ones from places like MSN Spaces and Multiply, but those didn't really work out for me. Since I spend a lot of time on VMK Forums, I think that this would be a great place to display my talent and have fun doing what I love. I'd make my page look like a newspaper; I would put in news briefs about what new game rooms I'm working on as well as hints and tips about the game. I'm on my school newspaper board so I have a lot of experience doing layout and making stuff look nice. I think my page would make a great addition to the ones already on here.

Padme
02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I would like to win this page because my mother used to have a web page, and it was really neat. But she put it down and since then she has not had time to help me learn to do it. I think this would be a great learning experience for me, and making a web page seems really fun :D

Padme :)

Word Count (including smilies): about 75

Danola
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello Nick,
first off great idea.

I think that I deserve (well more so want, you are just being generous here) a User/Member page becasue I could update it with various information about rides or rooms I am currently working on such as my maybe memories room. I would also be able to post sections for my good friends, like little pieces where I talk about them. I have been a dedicated member for quite some time now, since July infact. I have not been banned to my knowlage, I also chat on the VMKf chat channel.

Thank you for your time.
-Danola

Taryn
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm just a broke girl who loves VMK. Pity me. And hey, it's my birthday on Sunday....how about we call it a late birthday present, eh? :D

mickeymouse2818
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I think that this is a great idea for those who are not able to make a donation. You mods do an awesome job here and it is the main site where all vmk players come to. I would like to be up for the drawing because this is the site that I always go to, even while im on VMK. Its one of the first sites I visit. It gives us a chance to know the players without having to be on the game with a restricted dictionary. Its a place where we can make new friends, create games, know the latest news, upcoming items, and allowing to share them with all of the VMKers. Not only does this site gives us valuable information, it allows us to discuss different issues that we maybe having and all the latest bugs. The user page will help me connect with some of my friends, old and new. It will allow them to see who I am outside the game, what my interest are, what I have coming up, and some funny quotes (and inside jokes) that go on during the game. I would really appreciate if I could be in this contest.

FantasyJustin
02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
I Thing That Well Be A Good Ideal Becose I Go On Vmk A Lot And I Vist This Site Alot And Post Alot I Love The Vmk Fan Site And Vmk And I Like Where I Can Post My Rooms And Do Room Contest And Have Fun I Been On Here A Lot I Almost Done 100 Post I Relly Like This Becose I Am A Vmk Fan Site Fan A Big Fan And I Want To Donnate Money But I Dont Have A Card My Mom Cant Pay Right Now Or I Wold Love To Help Your Fan Site So This Is What I Say My Member Page Well Tell People How To Join Vmk And How To Play And Find Codes For People I Do Lots On My Meber Page So Thats My Story

Qui-gon
02-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Ok, I'll give this a try:

I think I should have my own userpage because I'll probably put things that I'm trading and maybe VMK updates (what's going on in VMK). I don't pay for online things so if VMK were to make you pay, I would quit :( But I get on VMK and VMKF everyday (most of the time not when I'm out-of-town etc.) I know I'd do other things with it though.

~Q/S

joeyespn
02-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Dear Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fan Site Staff?

After examining the very useful feature you have added I feel honored to apply for a userpage free of charge. I feel they are various reasons why a page for me might be useful but I will explore in this essay just why. I feel obligated to add my passion, journalism, into my page my emphasizing VMK events along with editorials about them. I would also display my passion for the Walt Disney Company with ride reviews and hotel reviews free of biased opinion. I would also use the space of the page to display pictures of American landmarks like New York City. I feel it is self-evident for me to display myself and my passions on a userpage, if I had one. I respect your decision as I fully understand my fellow peers have great essays.

Thanks,
Joseph

MissAmber
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I think that I deserve this user page, because my signature is always getting errors saying, "your signature has exceeded the maximum characters allowed". I cannot fit everything that I want to get across to others, either.

Also, we can not afford any mistakes charged onto our bill. The last few times my mom has signed me up for something online and had to put her credit card number out there, something completely random was charged to her bill, over and over and over. Something that she did not sign up for at all. We cannot take another chance, I really wish we could.

One more thing, I would most likely devote my user page to trading, and my graphics for anyone and everyone to take freely and use. I have always wanted a page to put my graphics I have made for VMK/Disney/Toontown on to.

That's my long essay on why I think I should win a user page! xD Hah..

Thanks and GoodLuck everyone.

dangerman
02-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I think that I should have a userpage because I would love to have some space to think and talk and add pictures and stuff like that. I can make really cool graphics and I am awesome with HTML. I want to kind of make a fun page, but maybe also a question page. Like, have some fun puzzles and maybe have some people ask questions and stuff like that. I want to kind of show off my creations :D, but not too much.. XD (lol who doesn't) and I am not really thinking of donating any time soon, (Lol sorry guys).

Thanks for conisdering and good luck to all :)

LittleBubbles
02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
First off, great idea ;) (and no, this line doesn’t count for my reason, heheh).

I love these forums, probably more than VMK. Yeah, seriously! I joined in September, but I’ve made so many friends here since then. Why do I want a userpage of my own? Well, since I spend most of my online time here, I have a lot of stuff to say ;) But I highly doubt my parents would let me donate to this site. I already am paying for Toontown, Neopets Premium, and I always beg them for money. I don’t get an allowance either, so I only get money for Christmas or my birthday. Both in December. I don’t have that much money of my own, but I love to talk here; its one of my favorite places to be! Hope you can consider letting one of your users of VMKF get a userpage (maybe me;)). But hey, I understand if you have someone else in mind—no big deal! Thank you for having this site, I’ve had so many laughs and good times here. Thanks, and thanks if you choose me to win a page :)

~LittleBubbles

aceastrofan
02-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I should be the winner because my parents dont want to burn a hole in their credit cards.Please,this is my only chance. I feel that I should win this user page thing.I feel it saying "aceastrofan :)".Add aceastrofan

wdwmagic
02-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I am not allowed to use a credit card online. Thus it makes it impossible for me to sign up to be a part of this contest. On my page i would post updated information about VMK as a whole. Also I would use it so that i would be able to let people know about the status of my rooms, and what i really am like (while following the site rules, of course!). So please think about my entry!

-wdwmagic

Schmoofy
02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Some of the reasons I think a user page would be great for me are the simple things. I want to communicate with my VMK friends over a G-Rated site, not over other sites with R-rated material on them. I also want a place where I can store little tidbits of what I am, such as music and pictures, but yet again in a G-rated site. Also with this site being the first VMK Fan Site, I am sure to meet a lot of new people who are friendly. I further urge the fact that this site is a G-rated site. Why is this so important? Many people in the world right now belong to some non-G rated sites that host blogs, pictures, etc. By keeping my G-rated VMK life on one site, I can keep my real life on other sites. I also cannot donate to VMK Forums, I don't have the money, but if I had it I would. Being on these forums since August, I would gladly give my free signature for the page.

~Schmoofy

Jord
02-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey Nick, awesome idea! Here's my entry:

I think I should have this page because, not being able to donate because I don't have a credit card (yet, lol) I also think I deserve (well, want) this page because I have visited almost all the userpages on TTC forums, all of them here on VMKF, admired them, got ideas, everything. I have also never been banned from these forums or ANY of your forums. I would update this page every day/week or so with news, anything. Heck, I could make my userpage a newspaper! That'd be a good idea I guess. I to, like Danola, am sometimes in the VMKF chat. I would also keep news of rides or rooms I am making if I ever get enough time to get on (heh) I also get pms from other members asking me something and I try to answer it to my best ability and have over 1,000 posts. But other than that, there's a whole list of things I can do to it, too much to list here. So please, please, add me.

Jdrizzle
02-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Wow, what a wonderful competition! I would love to enter.

First, I would like to be able to creat a fan site page because I am not allowed to use the credit card or any other options given to us. Second, I absolutely love this fan site and it would be great to start a page to tell a little about myself and things happening in VMK. Lastly, I have been here quite a while and understand the rules and have neither been warned nor banned.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!\

~Jdrizzle:CastMem:

thegoof
02-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I am interested in getting a user page so I could advertise my "VMK video" series on one pagw. I also would like to be able to put down news about my projects up.

Gus
02-04-2006, 12:51 AM
I think that were good if i win this contest,because i may put somethings about VMK,my page were same as a guide.Codes,Stuff,etc.
Best Guest & game rooms posting,new stuff,newsletters and events.
I would put avatars & sigs for free picking.The Top posters,new members...New MERGED topics and ill build a thread to persons say what they want to be in my page,because i like to divides and that would be cool if someone who dont have their page have the space in my page.

With very care and light-Gugusabido:)_:)

skip
02-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Great Idea! My entry: (This line does not count ;))

I have been on this web site since the Buried in Treasure magic came out. I've been a dedicated member since, and have made over 800 posts. I think I deserve this user page because I am a nice, helpful guy. Every once in a while I get a pm from somebody asking a question or for help, and I do my best to answer it. I will use my User Page to advertise fun-filled and safe games for our VMKF Members to play and enjoy. Also, though I know this site needs donations, I just can't have another bill to pay right now, so donating is out of the question. I would like to thank CL_Becky for referring me to this site. I've checked out other boards and I've determined that this site is much safer, enjoyable, and better overall in look and in its members. I would be overjoyed if I won this competitoin. Thanks!

-skippyskippy

ahadinosaur
02-04-2006, 02:51 AM
200 words exactly.

Since I started the forums, I’ve considered donating. The forum has been such an EXTREME help to me and my vmk activities, and donating seems like the perfect way to give back to the forums. Unfortunately, I am unable to do this because of personal reasons. This userpage means a lot to me because I could do my part and assist other members of the forum. Especially important to me is that I’d be able to share the links to threads throughout the forum that I’ve found very useful, while keeping forum users safe. With a userpage, I would also be able to share various hints and tips I've acquired from my VMK experiences. Also, as some may already know, I "sponsor" the “VMK Forums Extreme Challenge”. Due to the current success of the first challenge, and requests for more challenges, I'm planning to continue with sequels to the first one. A userpage would be very useful to me in the way that I could give all the players much more information in a more accessible way. Most of all, I'm a friendly overall good person who only wants to make the most out of her time at the forums.

jamielan
02-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Dear VMKFORUMS,

I believe that i deserve the member page for several reasons. Reason number one is because I cannot actually pay to buy a member page and or signature and or anything else. Though i would like to, my parents think that i need to save up for more important reasons, such as college or university. I agree with them, so that takes the buying option out of the picture. Reason number two for why i deserve the member page is because im always on this forums. I have been here for a while and i do believe that I can help people more with a member page. Reason number three is the way my member page will be decorated. I will not include any violence whatsoever. I will only include G-RATED things, such as disney. I, also would help any VMK members who asks for help on my member page. In my member page i would wrte down all the information that members seem to ask the most. I will also have quotes writted each week, which will inspire VMK players in reaching their goals in life. I too have also skimmed over every category in vmk forums AND on toontown forums. Even though i have not been on this forums as long as some people, I feel that i am as experienced as them and am willing to help members just as much as they do. You would absolutley make my day if i win.

Sincerely,

Jamielan

Brentino
02-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Hello/ This is why i think i deserve a free webpage:

I think I deserve a free web page because my parents will not let me use their credit card. Also, the forum sit is my home page; I am on it more than I am on vmk. @_@ I think it would be a nice gesture if I would get one for free instead of waiting till I get a credit card :)

Brentino:beret:

63 words, everything included

Chaelle
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I love vmk and the new userpages. I wanted to make one about vmk and poetry. I can not pay for the userpage because my parents won't allow me to use their credit card. Thank you for posting this!
~Chaelle

Miss MeowsALot
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Dear VMKFourms Staff,

I think I deserve a User/Member page because I am a responsible VMKFourm Member and VMK Player. I have always wanted to Donate but My Parents won't let me use there Credit card and I'm broke. I have been here since the site opened and I pretty sure I'm one of the first 1000 members and if I'm not I'm like 1001 ;). Anyway I'm a very Active user. If I'm not on It's because I am sleeping, eating, or at school. If you do give me the Free Member/User Page I will only put G-rated Pictures and writing on it and It will mostly be helpfull tips. I'm sure I can put my helpfull nature to use in my Member/User page if I win. Thank you for give everyone this chance to get a Member/User Page.

Sincerely,
Anne

AwesomeRich
02-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I can't make a donation, and i have never been banned for this site before. I have been through a lot of problems trying to get onto this site. I will include a FAQ page on vmk, and answers to many other questions asked on this site. It will not include any violence or inapproriate pictures, words, or music. I will include a link to the VMK home page to direct people who haven't heard of the game. I will also include a link to this site (if needed) and important threads. It will include updated news and events on a page. I will also tell people not to break the law, or do anything against VMK values right on the home page. I will include instructions to the game and its mimi-games, and helpful tips that players can follow to be a better player. Plz add me!

Lillyandtally
02-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Add me please. I think I sould get it because my parents never would let me. It would help me find friend. I am on here every day. I can discrive my rooms and put my events I host on it. I have never been banned. I love VMK and VMK forums. I help members as much as I can.

Miss.Adventure
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Enter me Miss.adventure

I have been on a while. My dad wont buy it he thinks its a waste of time to play a virtual game. He says its dum. I say its cool. I would really like it to describe me. Not any personal info just about my chacrater. Have a little avvie help desk. I have seen the rules and respect them. So please please I ask you.

dreamergirl
02-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Dear Nick,
first of all I think it a great thing to do to giving people a free userpage.

second, I think I deserve the user page so not only could use it but put impotant events, releases of new items and put something on there for memories, I think it would really be helping members of VMK. I would get one myself but my parents refuse to give there credit card information out on the internet.

~Dreamer

dudedanrocks
02-05-2006, 01:26 PM
first, i think its a great idea for free pages because some ppl dont have much money.

i would say i deserve the membership page because i have lots of thing to show other vmk players. i alos would like to answer questions on a membership page. if i have a membership page, i would give as many tips i can about making rides, some game room ideas, etc. i would also put the news letter, events of the day, best game/guest room awards,ect. ty for looking at my aplication :)

Cakee
02-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Great idea, Nick!

Well, I think I deserve a member page, because I'm more on the VMK Forums than on VMK.
I wish I could pay to get a member page or signature, but my parents don’t want me to spend my money on something they don’t know.
I've always wanted to donate but parents are in the way and I have to listen to them so, no signature or user page for me. Even though I just joined this Forum in October, I’ve posted a lot and I'm very happy on this site. Also, I would use a user page good and won’t waste it and don’t do anything with it, I will use it with care like it's something personal.
I asked and asked and asked, but the answer is still “no”, I would really appreciate it if I got a user page.

Not quite 200 words, but this is the best I can do :)
Thanks for reading,

Cakee

MagicGypsy
02-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I am a foster parent and my kids would love to help make a page for all of us.
We get very little real money and all have to share. This game has taught my kids how to spell and type and make friends. Disney magic is what life and vmk is all about. So please pick me and us to have our own page we will sure appreciate it :)
All the gypsies and stitchs thank you

Misskayla
02-05-2006, 06:28 PM
I think i should win because i have never been band on vmk fan site! I think vmk has changed my life also.....i mean i have meet a lot of friends and so much maigc happends! Everyone has a good time! I am nice to everyone only if they are nice to me ( but i try to be nice still..) Some days will act like a CL person and help ppl out LOL ( hey its fun!) I have tryed really hard to get everything i have now on vmk and here just like everyone else but it would be nice to win this!! Thank You and good luck to everyone :)

Kancy
02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I think I deserve this page because my parents don't want to pay money for something like that and I like to be creative and tell people about myself (without giving away any personal information of course!) I don't want other sites because they are too personal or you have to pay also(I changed it cuz I realized I was advertising. So sorry!) . I've always wanted my own site, and I can attract people to VMK with it.

If I win, great! If I don't oh well!

Kancy

carlyiscoolio
02-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Name: carlyiscoolio:
Why I think I deserve a user page: Well, my parents even though i can afford it, will not let me get a user page. I would donate to this site with all my money, but sadly, in my family, there are restrictions. The user pages are awesome! I would enjoy having one, and it is so kind you are doing this drawing. I would really like one to show off what I am trading and what I want, because it will be there forever and never have to get a bump.

Thanks for doing this awesome drawing!

Pebble
02-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Name: Forums Pebble VMK CL_Pebble

Well uh... I'd like a page to express my Toucan-ness! ;) For game help and hints maybe, you know for newer people. A place to make people laugh and smile when they read it. Just a nice rule-following page!

I cannot donate, as of I am still in school, and writing, and am saving all of my money for college. I hope one day if the forums are still open, I hope to subscribe, but hey I don't even have toontown yet! I've been with the forums since like June, and I'm on here constantly, I hope I am never to be banned from these forums!

Plus my birthday is February seventh, tomorrow, so it'd make a great present. But I can wait, I'm sure they are better candidates than little ol' Toucan!

Farewell for now!

(141 words.)

Crazycop
02-07-2006, 02:05 AM
I think I should get a vmkf user page because i can not make any donations and my mom and dad can not afford to donate any money to a fansite. I would really like to have a vmkf user page because I really love to make web pages for ppl to see. I have made about 3 to 4 web sites on vmk subjects like codes. I like to see other ppl's user pages and I reply to ppl's user pages too. If you can give me a vmkf user page I promise to make a donation to vmkf 1 day. I can not make a user for the the signature, icon, or user page stuff but as I said I will make a donation to vmkf 1 day when im older and have enough money to make donations to get the stuff that I can use on vmkf to make my account better.

~CRAZYCOP~

Silentkid
02-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Why should desreve a user page for free?Well, I love VMKF.I go on it everyday after school.I never anger VMKF because of some rules.I never been banned.VMKF is also the safest forum thing I know.I can trust VMKF.Sadley, I cannot pay for the site to get a userpage to show to my VMKF friends who also love VMK.I always also have a passion of animation and designing.I realy want to have a page myself wit my first talents.And if I ever become a celebrity, I will mention this site to everyone, :) .

Bless you,
Silentkid :)

Annientink
02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Here is my entry (200 words exactly):
First off, my parents won’t let me use their credit card online, since they were charged with over $300 worth of things we didn’t purchase last time they gave out their credit card number. Second, this would give me the opportunity to share my knowledge of the Disney company with others, sharing information on new releases in movies and parks. I would also inform people about the upcoming events on VMK, and have a “tip of the week,” and “question of the week,” section, where people in the comments could post a question, and I would try to find an answer. The question could have anything to do with the Disney company. Third, I could share with others my interests, and put music videos (G-rated, of course) and Disney videos for people to enjoy (like videos of rides and upcoming Disney movies). I would update my page every week, and try to find interesting topics to put on it. I would rotate the page every week, putting VMK events one week and putting Disney information the next. Overall, a user page would simply be a dream come true and a place for people to enjoy the magic of Disney. Thanks!

stka
02-08-2006, 11:47 PM
I cant pay anything like that because my mom wont let me

neopet
02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
(I dont now if this ish 200)
I have alway's wanted a User Page, I hardly ever go on this Site so I dont really want to Donate. I really would love to Decorate my User Page & make it a Help Desk & some Snow White Decoration's. I'm hardly ever Lucky at anything but really need this becuase I might spend more time on this Fourm if I win. Also it's my Dream to help People & give them Weekly Tip's & Today's Sentance & Stuff. I would Really Appreaciate this, I'd do anything to Win this also. I think this Fourm Rock's but I just cant Spend my Money on this Fourm becuase im in need some other thing's. I hope I win this Contest but still I'd love for someone to Win instead of me :( *Sigh*. Well anyway the reason I want this is 1st.I love to help people & would love to share with people people my Tip's & Creativeness. Second. I have been Sad ever since this User Page beucase I thought that since I joined a Long time ago in like May that I would be Able to Get a User Page becuase I had a Signature & evreything but then I think I kinda Cryed becuase I diddent see the User Page Option. 3rd. I want to Alert people of Scammer's & Hacker's & bad people on here. 4th.I'd love to have a Userpage becuase it seem's very Fun & I can tell people of how Happy I am & Stuff & I could have my own Journal on it.

RedRockingMint
02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
I think I should have it because I love vmk fansite more than VMK and I really enjoy it here most of the time im on the fansite more than vmk and my own userpage would be a cool way to express myself and get other peoples thoughts about it and my b-day is coming up in 10 days and I got a iPod insted of a party and thats the only thing I can get anyway It would be perfect.
Thanks Nick for posting this!
Laurren

PirateTod
02-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I Think That Will Be a good thing Because I Cant Dish out That Money Randomly, Not That If i Had The Money i Wouldnt Give it. I Would Trust Me. I Have Never been banned from the fan site. thx for concidering me thx : )

skip
02-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Today is the 10th. Was the User Page awarded, and if so, who won it?

-skippyskippy

lilcrunchycheetoz
02-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Nick..if you are still doing the drawing for this please enter me in. :) I am unable to get a userpage or anything that you might have to pay for on VMK Fan Site because I of course am underage of checking accounts..etc and my parents are not the "pay money to a web site" kind of people. I would defintely have paid if I was much older, but unable now. I hope this is well enough for my explanation here. Have a nice day!

carlyiscoolio
02-11-2006, 03:25 PM
ooh, who won the user page?

Pebble
02-11-2006, 07:46 PM
That's what we are trying to figure out coolio... LOL! I guess it is a secret? -shify eyes- LOL!