View Full Version : Member Pages and Profiles

Nick
01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I have now given all the previously and new donating members the ability to have a custom user page with whatever G rated information/pictures they want, as long as it abides by the site rules.

If you are a donation subscriber you will see a "Create User Page" option in your User Control Panel (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/usercp.php?). Click on that link only if you intend to use your User Page.

Also for everyone else, you can view the custom pages by going to the User/Member Pages (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/userpage.php?do=list) link on the front page navigational area on the left.

Remember all the VMKF rules apply, the custom page is just like a signature but without the size rules, there will be no advertising of other sites, no flaming/swearing within the shout boxes, and the G rating applies throughout!

If you want the ability to have your own custom page, why not think about donating for a subscription (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/payments.php)!

jamielan
01-28-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks for the info =)

cheese wiz man
01-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Coolio i always wanted my own page

Maribeth
01-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Awesome! Now I wish I had money!!! LOL

Pebble
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow...

I wish I could subscribe, but I'm saving for a Welsh Corgi... LOL! Maybe after I get my doggeh, I can subscribe O_o must get page...

Nick
01-28-2006, 11:45 PM
is it kind of like #######! the stinks that u cant put personal pics of ur self.VMK is kind of a little bit to much on the safe side!!!!

The rules are there for a reason.

bfen
01-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the cool feature I loved it on Toon Town Central. Thanks again :)

LittleBubbles
01-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Cool, but I don't think my parents and I could spare the money for this site. Wish there was another way to do this stuff, but alas....

KEBSD
01-29-2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks so much! I'm just curious on how they will be viewed? I checked my profile and I didn't see a link or any such sort for it...? This is awesome though, thanks!

KEBSD

Coolchewbaca
01-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Wow...

I wish I could subscribe, but I'm saving for a Welsh Corgi... LOL! Maybe after I get my doggeh, I can subscribe O_o must get page...
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH CORGIS ARE AWESOME!!!

Nick
01-29-2006, 02:20 AM
on the home page on the left there is

User/Member Pages (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/userpage.php?do=list)

But i am looking into linking peoples user pages from their profile, but it's quite complex.

Whar
01-29-2006, 03:57 AM
I really like this. I mean it actually justifies why I should donate to these wonderful forums. Just a question though. When you edit the personal page, is it the same modification settings as the regular signature editing tools? Or do we get to use HTML coding? It's like the determining factor for me. :)

Nick
01-29-2006, 05:56 AM
I really like this. I mean it actually justifies why I should donate to these wonderful forums. Just a question though. When you edit the personal page, is it the same modification settings as the regular signature editing tools? Or do we get to use HTML coding? It's like the determining factor for me. :)

I would love to be able to allow HTML code withing the pages, but this opens a LARGE security hole, and we don't want people hacking the site. Sorry, but it is not by choice, but by necessity that the userpages can't have html.

LittleBubbles
01-29-2006, 06:02 AM
I would love to be able to allow HTML code withing the pages, but this opens a LARGE security hole, and we don't want people hacking the site. Sorry, but it is not by choice, but by necessity that the userpages can't have html.

Good decision; on neopets players have been getting through the security system on userlookups and have been adding cookie grabbers. Not allowing HTML or any sorts of coding was a wise move :)

Exoxus
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I agree. WE wouldn't want hackers getting in. :)

I love the new user look-ups because I couldn't get what I wanted to say in my sig.

jiminyzgirl05
02-18-2006, 01:52 AM
That's good to know....I'll have to look into doing that....