View Full Version : Goofys House Gone :(

DinoVan
01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
i didnt really know where to post this but i think that they are taking down goofys house and turning it into a todler (sp?) play ground. it really upsets me because when i went to disneyland i did not get to see it and goofy is my favorite next to mickey. now it will be gone when i go again and same with the submarine ride it will now be Finding Nemo nemo is cool but walt disney put in the submarine ride and now it wont be what he created.
:goofy: :CastMem: :minniemo:

Ducky Wucky
01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
i didnt really know where to post this but i found out that they are taking down goofys house and turning it into a todler (sp?) play ground. it really upsets me because when i went to disneyland i did not get to see it and goofy is my favorite next to mickey. now it will be gone when i go again and same with the submarine ride it will now be Finding Nemo nemo is cool but walt disney put in the submarine ride and now it wont be what he created.
The sub ride has been gone for a while now...

skip
01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Think of it this way: Goofy's Bounce House was a toddler's playground anyway. You had to be below 52 inches to enter, and the lines were LONG. While I think it was a good move to remove it, they should have replaced it with a new Goofy's house minus the inflated interior and the height restrictions. The detail in that area was pretty funny.

-skippyskippy

DinoVan
01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
the submarine looked so cool from where you can see it at the monorail. the part where you go in the cave and see the mermaids is what i really wanted to see.
goofy is like the best but yea it was kind of a toddler playground

DizCaptain
01-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Same thing happened in wdw they built this huge little kid plyaground but it is pretty coo but they did get rid of a cool area for it.

DinoVan
01-25-2006, 10:29 PM
i could not go in goofys house and minnie's house was closed because they had to repair something i guess

LordIllidan
01-25-2006, 11:29 PM
No! They can't! I still must achieve my lifelong dream of finally standing on top of the fireplace in there!!! (oh, wait... I'm too tall :p make that bribing my brother into standing on top, and claiming the credit!)

I can't see why they would do that, though... As far as I know, business there is still booming... maybe not as much, but it was still thriving last time I went to Disneyland.

DCAfriend
01-25-2006, 11:33 PM
The submarine ride has been gone for many years now and the finding nemo ride will be following close to the same track lines. The ride will still go into the cave and you'll still be able to see the lagoon from the monorail

jamielan
01-25-2006, 11:46 PM
The sub ride has been gone for a while now...

yes that is true...

PrincessxAj
01-27-2006, 01:44 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!i want goofy!!! i went into mickey,minnie,donald and ect. houses!! but i didnt get to go inside goofy wheni went there!

figmentisback
02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Goofy's Bounce House is closed and being removed for legal reasons... kids were getting hurt and they did not want to have the liability... and since they needed some sort of toddler playground for some reason.. (they get in free, why care) this piece of peoperty was good for it...

what i dislike is how this side of toon town is empty... it has a coaster which character kids do not really know... it has empty areas.. and then a toddler playground.. the other side has more stuff...

(donalds boat is empty.. blocked off.. ext..)

Appleson
02-02-2006, 07:15 PM
awwww, the last time i remember seeing goofy's house was when i was 5 years old. ever since then, i haven't visited the disney characters' houses whenever i go to disneyland. for the submarine ride, i see that everyone else has covered how long it has been gone. however, i personally think that's a pretty wise descision becuase on my last ride on it (when it was still open), i noticed that there was a tiny tiny leak. you couldn't really notice the hole or anything, but i did notice that my feet were wet. that kinda freaked me out. i just hope that the nemo ride will be much better and safer than the submarine one.

cptnruthless
02-03-2006, 09:49 PM
i dont even go to toontown unless to go catch the train or the occasional ride on roger rabbits cartoon spin. the playground area, however, is perfect for early entry toontown madness.

Maurice the Puppy Man
02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
i didnt really know where to post this but i think that they are taking down goofys house and turning it into a todler (sp?) play ground. it really upsets me because when i went to disneyland i did not get to see it and goofy is my favorite next to mickey. now it will be gone when i go again and same with the submarine ride it will now be Finding Nemo nemo is cool but walt disney put in the submarine ride and now it wont be what he created.

But Walt Disney stated that Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world. That means Disneyland will keep changing and growing for generations to come! He wanted this way.

DinoVan
02-05-2006, 10:48 PM
i know but i love all of the older stuff like space mountain before the update and those letters they had i was not there but they had the cool retro letters.

hey. wait a second i can take my brother in there yay!